[Slammiversary X] All Aftermath Discussion and Reviews

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Here's your results:

• Austin Aries def. Samoa Joe and retains the TNA X Division Championship (put on the line at the opening of the show by Hogan)
• Hernandez def. Kid Kash
• Devon & Garett Bischoff def. Robbie E. and Robbie T.
• Mr. Anderson def. Jeff Hardy and RVD to become the new #1 contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. He will get a the title shot on this Thursday's IMPACT Wrestling.
• James Storm returns and def. Crimson in the open challenge match. Crimson's undefeated streak is now over.
• Miss Tessmacher def. Gail Kim to win her first ever TNA Knockouts Championship
• Joseph Park def. Bully Ray
• Kurt Angle and AJ Styles def. Daniels and Kazarian to become the new TNA World Tag Team Champions
• Bobby Roode def. Sting to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Please keep all GENERAL post-show discussion and match-by-match reviews here.

Fucking Awesome ending. Roode using Storm's Beer bottle is a wonderful way to tease the continuation of Storm vs. Roode. Plus, Sting didn't look weak at all through out the match or afterwards. The question is there; Will Sting get a rematch? With Hogan in charge you have to think so, but you have to weigh in that Anderson is next in line. Roode gets major heel heat being the only heel champion in TNA now. Sting can continue down his path to the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony at BFG. I just can't think of any reason why that ending would suck. It was a perfect ending to a a damn near perfect 10 year anniversary for TNA iMPACT!

Best TNA PPV in the year or two. Everything was pretty great, the only thing that slightly disappointed me was the main event. It wasn't bad, hell after the great matches tonight it didn't even ruin anything for me, but if you saw their match last week, this was pretty much that. It was pretty dull. But besides that it was an overall great show and there's a lot to go off from that.

Reactions: IHW
Really good PPV from TNA and glad I saw it. Austin vs. Joe and the Tag Title matches were spectacular. The triple threat match for no. 1 contender was serviceable. The main event was a little dull (especially since the two already had that match on the first live iMPACT), but the finish was nice and kept the title reign alive while not doing any disservice to Sting.

Sting was announced as the first TNA Hall of Fame entrant: A good decision.

Oh, and Christian Cage made a little history by appearing on TNA airwaves while currently being a WWE Superstar. That was a surreal moment for me.

A lot of fun all around.

I must say that was a very good ppv. Much better than the last tna ppv I ordered(the last Lockdown). The only match I didn't like was the knockouts match, but Tessmacher deserved to win. The Garrett/Devon tag match and Hernandez vs kash were ok. Everything else I liked. Aries vs Joe was great, but would have been excellent with a few more minutes. Sting was a great choice to be the first hall of famer. I was wondering where his plaque was before Dixie said the formal induction will be at Bound For Glory. Good to see wwe lived up to their end of the bargain by letting Christian appear. I didn't like the ending to the main event as it was a cheap way for Roode to win, but Sting rightfully got his heat back afterwards.

order the PPV because it's a public holiday here otherwise i wouldn't have.
for once it wasn't an awful PPV more like a standard WWE PPV quality.

Samoa Joe vs Austin Aries - XDivision Title Match
Started off with a bang in a XDivision title match, something off though, they clearly stated the weight limit for XDivision now and that this was a one off so how were we to believe they were gonna let Joe win if he couldn't compete in that division on any other night? regardless the match was awesome, props to Joe of old not that fat slob he became after his XDivision days and Austin Airies has to be one of the best if not the best pound for pound performers out there.

Winner - Austin Aries

Kid Kash vs Hernandez - meh pretty bland punch fest.
Winner - Hernandez

Triple Threat Match to determine the #1 contender Yet Again for the how many timeth.
RVD vs Anderson vs Hardy. please stop putting these three together they suck

Winner - Anderson though it's irrelevant he wont win the title anyway

Tag Match
D'Von and Garrett vs Robby E and T. - nuff said pointless waste of air time.
winner D'Von/Garrett

Open Challenge for Crimson's streak
just a way to bring James Storm back in a very HBK kinda way, he did his part well and looked in better shape then he left, but Crimson was just a zombie in this match, he did absolutely nothing. was simmilar to Ultimate Warrior vs HTM at SummerSlam 88

Borash stated James had been out for several months. wtf lol. it was the better part of 2 months.

Winner: James Storm, streak ends 'thank god" now get rid of that human Klingon Crimson once and for all or put him in a title match

Knockouts title
Gail Km vs Tessmacher - cant comment on this one as i wasn't watching most of it but what i did see seem to be a more technical match then normal
Winner: Tessmacher, guess only to please the home crowd

Bubba Ray vs Joseph Parks. - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz another complete waste of air time.
was obvious Abyss was gonna have to make an appearance and low and behold they pull the double switch under the ring trick but Joseph never say Abyss despite them both being under there at the same time? lol. he needs to drop the Joseph bit, he looks awfull without the mask and hair same as Kane.
Winner: Joeseph Parks

World Tag Titles
AJ/Angle vs Daniels/Kazarian

as to be expected this was a solid match, much like the first match of the night it was XDivision style all the way and went back and forth. only stupid things were both teams were in the ring for half of the match and the ref let it go yet they had to leave to tag which Angle did after already pounding on everyone for 5 mins without need of being the legal man. So what was the point of him tagging in lol

Shoulda just been a tornado tag match, despite that it was a 5 star match.

Winner and new champs - Angle/AJ.

finally

TNA Title match
Sting vs Bobby Roode, can't say i'm suprised this match was pretty dismal. Sting is not in great shape nor "can he go" more then a few seconds at a time, they coulda put Flair in there and he woulda faired better

only saving grace is Sting didn't win. Bobby needed to retain and he did.
some sign that Sting maybe gonna turn but i doubt it

Winner: Bobby Roode by a beer bottle

Overall it was still one of TNA's best PPV's atleast one's that i have seen, and there record crowd was very vocal with Yes and Goldberg chants.

Christian made a brief cameo to induct Sting into the TNA HOF, god know why unless maybe it's just cause he was never inducted in a WCW HOF and has stuck with TNA and they didn't want him to leave. as much as i don't like him Jeff Jarrett shoulda been the first since he started the company.

I'm gonna go on the record and say that TNA Slammiversary X is the best PPV of the year. That's including Wrestlemania!!! Even the filler matches were good. Thank you TNA...Thank you, Dallas fans..and Thank you TNA Roster!!! You delivered tonight.

Damn good show over all. Anybody know the crowd size? i know it was the largest U.S. crowd but would like to know the number. If they can do this a few more times people might start paying attention.

Damn good show over all. Anybody know the crowd size? i know it was the largest U.S. crowd but would like to know the number. If they can do this a few more times people might start paying attention.

Well Dixie had said previously that they were near sold out and the seating was for 7000 so i'm asusming something around that, it was definately the highest crowd audience they've had on TV EVER.

i personally dont think it much about the size of the crowd but the vocal reaction which set the stage, they were really loud which is good at any show whether it be WWE, TNA or something else..

I think the max capacity of the building was a little over 7,000 and I believe TNA sold it out. Nevertheless, the crowd was amazing, the production was spot on and the talent delivered 100%!!!!

I think the max capacity of the building was a little over 7,000 and I believe TNA sold it out. Nevertheless, the crowd was amazing, the production was spot on and the talent delivered 100%!!!!

They didn't quite sell it out, but was quite close.

I was there and was really great for TNA to be here for the first time.

The AA/Joe match was by far the best one of the night from the point of view in being there. I've seen similar from those who saw it on TV.

The Tag title match was great as well, however not too happy with Angle/AJ winning. Would have expected a better push on the current storyline, but oh well.

I felt the Abyss appearance was too predictable in the way they did it/lame.. Having him go under one side of the ring, come out another and then doing it in reverse was a little too hoakey for me and really think we deserved better than that.

I'm also glad that Bobby Roode kept the title, BUT it should have been a clean victory. I know Sting is the icon and they want to push this Hall of Fame thing, but at the same time they've made Roode look like crap the past few weeks since Sting came back. Sure he keeps the belt, but now he doesn't look serious at all. They need to fix that and quick.

All in all I'm glad TNA came to Texas for the first time and we'll gladly welcome them back. The crowd was REALLY into it and much louder than any WWE crowd that has been here in recent years. TNA definitely has a home to come back to here whenever they want!

Wow. One of the best PPV's TNA has ever had, great stuff tonight. TNA has to go LIVE all the time! The feeling of the live crowd is essential in making TNA feel somewhat legit and relevant. Also, there's nothing like a good live crowd and the fans were definitely hot tonight, which went a long way in making the show feel more epic.

X-Division Title match: Austin Aries vs Samoa Joe
Great choice for opening bout. Got the crowd hot right from the start, some really well-worked, exciting spots and a good, quick hitting opener. Tons of chanting from the crowd. And love that TNA is about to give Aries and the X-Division title a main event push. ****

Kid Kash vs Hernandez
A rough match with a couple botched spots, but the crowd was still in it and they absolutely and deservedly went nuts for Hernandez' insane leap and crash to the outside floor. Hernandez is a out of his mind!!! ***

#1 Contender Triple Threat match: Jeff Hardy vs RVD vs Mr. Anderson
One of the best in-ring efforts either of these three have had in a while. The crowd was super hot for this match. Some innovative and creative spots, which is something you can't say often with these three, especially with their TNA work. A few deserving "this is Awesome" chants. ***1/2

Devon & Garrett Bischoff vs Robbie E and Robbie T

Filler match. It advanced storyline a bit and the crowd popped mildly for Devon, those were the only real takeaways. The first bathroom break of the show. **

Crimson Open Challenge: Crimson vs James Storm

I'm not sure if this was the right time to end Crimson's streak, on the other hand, where was it really going? If you're going to have Crimson lose, might as well have him lose to someone credible and help give Storm a little boost upon his return. Served its purpose and the crowd popped big time! **1/2

Knockouts Title match: Gail Kim vs Miss Tessmacher

Gail tried to carry Tessmacher to a good match, but that doesn't look like an easy thing to accomplish. Tessmacher botched several spots and looked like her general unpolished and awkward self out there tonight. Still, the crowd was mildly invested and popped a bit after the title change. **1/2

Anything Goes Match: Bully Ray vs Joseph Park

Fun, creative, and interesting stuff from Bully Ray and Abyss. The storyline has been interesting from the start, but has developed slowly and taken its sweet time. It's starting to show signs of life again and still has a lot of potential. The crowd was super into the match and hanging on every moment, and it served as a good Round One in their long-term program. I look forward to more. ***

TNA Tag Title match: Christopher Daniels & Kazarian vs Kurt Angle & AJ Styles

Another really solid match that had an epic feel to it. Some really exciting, innovative, and high-impact spots throughout the match and a good exciting finish. TNA has done a good job of adding credibility back to the Tag Titles again, hopefully, they keep it up and have somewhere else to go. Also, really digging Angle's new "American Warrior" gimmick, like a mix between Randy Cotoure and Captain America. ***1/2

TNA World Title match: Bobby Roode vs Sting

Great match. Best match Sting has had in a long, long time and quite possibly the best match in Bobby Roode's entire career. Crowd was hot all night and even hotter for Sting and this world title match. An intelligently worked and well-paced match, and the finish (agree or not) went over and worked well. Also, it provides TNA with a lot of different options and possible directions in the future. Fun stuff, can't wait for the rematch. ****1/4

Overall, one of the best PPVs TNA has ever put on. Many of the matches and the entire event as a whole, had a "big time feel" about it. There was definitely a special atmosphere in the arena tonight and it helped to make the HOF/Christian Cage moment feel more special too. A great effort from the TNA roster, you can tell the 10-year Anniversary show meant a lot to the guys as many of them wrestled their hearts out. I HIGHLY recommend watching Slammiversary 2012. ***3/4

Even as a TNA fans i have to admit that in general their PPV's more often than not fail to deliver and apart from the odd good one are usually so-so. That being said this was fantastic. I really enjoyed most of the matches and even the filler matches came across as decent. Loved Hernadez's dive over the ropes. Obviously not the first time he's done it but great spot none the less.

Samoa Joe/Aries was great as was Aj/Angle vs Kaz/Daniels.

Good matches from Roode/Sting, Tess/Gail, RVD/Hardy/Anderson and Bully/Joseph. I was a little disappointed in the way the Abyss occurence happened. It didnt quite have the impact it should have done but this is a minor complaint. Im pretty sure this story will continue a little while as yet.

On a side note i have never voted on the rate the PPV poll on the front page. I thought i would this time just to see the general consensus on what i believed to be a great effort by TNA on this occasion. Apparently 29% rated this PPV 1 star? Really?.......im all for everyone having an opinion but what do people want from a wrestling show? Im going to take a guess that the vast majority of those who rated it a 1 star PPV are IWC sheep who hate for the sake of hating and follow what they perceive to be the "in" view because they are to spineless to form their own objective opinion. Seriously, grow a pair, break from the crowd and think for yourselves. Pathetic.

Just finished watching and agree, that is the best PPV TNA have put out in a long long time. Amazing crowd, great booking and awesome matches. And that AJ shooting starpress! Just, WOW! Money well worth it. Best PPV of 2012 so far.

Aries vs Joe - Great match to open the card. Hard hitting, good storytelling and it got the crowd very hot. Aries is the freaking MAN right now! ****1/4

Kid Kash vs Hernandez - This was surprisingly good as well for the short amount of time it got. Crowd was in to Hernandez in his home town. **3/4

Garett and Devon vs Robbie E and Robbie T - Probably the worst match of the night but Devon is doing very well putting the TV Title back on the map. Garett continues to suck though. *1/2

Jeff Hardy vs Anderson vs RVD - Pleasantly surprised with this. Some pretty cool spots but an iffy decision giving the win to Anderson. It was his turn I suppose. ***1/2

Crimson vs James Storm - Great way to end the streak. They didnt make an already established star finish it, nor an upcoming star. But they gave it (whatever it means) to someone who will be going for the title in the coming months. That's good booking. *3/4

Knockouts Title Match - This sucked, like all women's matches but big pop for Tessmocher winning the title. *

Bully Ray vs Joe Parks - Absolutely loved this. Both men player their characters to perfection and I'm keen to see where they take the Parks character next. Match wasn't a 5 star technical classic but it continued a story and was quite effective. ***

Kaz and Daniels vs AJ and Angle - Contender for Match of the Year. Awesome effort by all involved and it contains three TNA originals. Dare I say more? ****1/2

Sting vs Roode - This is probably as good as you'll get from Sting these days. Nice way to finish it, with the beer bottle shot but I probably wont remember this come Thursday's Impact. *1/2

Add the HOF ceremony and the Christian Cage appearance and you have one awesome PPV. Definitely check it out.

TNA Slammiversary X - June 11, 2012

1. Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe for the TNA X Division Championship - Prior to this match, Hogan came out and played to the crowd for just a bit before announcing that the Aries/Joe match would be for the title. As for the match itself, a strong effort put out from both men. They worked very well together and the fact that TNA had one of the hottest crowds they've ever had at a ppv only helped to enhance the match. Joe looked better than he's looked in forever it seems and Aries continues to be one of the brightest stars on the TNA roster. The end comes just a bit before the 12 minute mark with Aries hitting the Brainbuster for the clean win. What would've made this match better would've been a longer time and, most importantly, an actual story & build to go with it. Starting a feud over being squirted with water by Aries is about as lame as it gets and it gave the match a feeling of more than an afterthought. With a real story, the match would've been even better but the strong performance from both men was able to make up for that. ***1/4

2. Hernandez vs. Kid Kash - Pretty bland stuff all in all, but it served it's purpose as a buffer match and to give fans a bit of a chance to calm down after the X Division title match. Kash looked sloppy in several spots in the match, some of his high flying offense were damn near botches all around. I didn't really get a feeling of good chemistry from these guys but they did their best. Hernandez gets the clean win via a splash from the top a bit before the 6 minute mark. *1/4

3. Devon & Garett Bischoff vs. Robbie E & Rob Terry - I can't say that I cared much for this. The match was generally ok for what it was, but there's generally not one guy involved that I give a shit about. The live crowd was hot for Devon but I don't think could've cared less for Bischoff, not that I can blame them. Devon & Bischoff get the win around the 6 minute mark when he hits Robbie E with a shoulder tackle. I definitely could've done without the dance number they did post match. The fact that Madison Rayne was out there and seems to have her sights set on either Devon or Bischoff, probably Bischoff, makes me cringe because I just see a lousy angle coming from it. 3/4*

4. Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Rob Van Dam - Good solid match all in all that the crowd was hot for. The match was kind of a spotfest, but I think that helped drum up some excitement for this match as did the fact that the winner faces the champ this Thursday on IW. The ending of the match was done well with Hardy hitting Whisper in the Wind on RVD for a close 2 count, then landing the Twist of Fate before hitting the Swanton Bomb. Basically, he hit RVD with his biggest moves in succession. Anderson breaks up the count before taking out Hardy. He then lands the Mic Check on RVD for the win at the 11.5 minute mark. **3/4

5. Cowboy James Storm vs. Crimson - Not really much to say. It was a good surprise return for James Storm and I knew that when he came out, Crimson's streak was over. Storm makes quick work of Crimson and gets the win a little past the two minute mark with Last Call. N/A

TNA Hall of Fame Inductee Announced - This was a well done moment overall and I like that pretty much the whole roster was out there. Dixie did well in her role, though I can't help but wonder why they decided to put the potential affair angle on the backburner. Not that it's not a good thing, however. Dixie shows a video presentation of Sting's first appearance and Sting is the first inductee. Sting sells his reaction well and the live crowd eats it up. Thumbs Up

6. Gail Kim vs. Miss Tessmacher for the TNA Women's Knockout Championship - This match didn't do anything for me, especially the ending. There was some decent action all in all with Kim sort of overplaying her role a bit I thought. It pretty much foreshadowed that she was going to lose, which she does at the 7 minute mark via a quick roll up from Tessmacher. Tessmacher is the new Knockout Champion. In my view, she's not nearly ready for this. I know she's hot and all but aside from that, she just doesn't have the overall ability that most of the other Knockouts have. *1/2

7. Joseph Park vs. Bully Ray - The match told a good story but that doesn't really mean much if you're not all that interested in the story to begin with. For the most part, it was Ray spending the first 8 minutes or so beating up Park with Park getting slight, occassional bouts of offense due mostly to Ray making arrogant mistakes. The ending was kind of predictable as we knew that Abyss would somehow make an appearance. Park crawls under the ring only for Abyss to pop up from under the ring a bit later, with his hood pulled up. He comes up behind Ray and chokeslams him through a table before scurrying back underneath the ring. Park emerged a bit later and sold shock, not understanding what happened. He stumbled into the ring and got the win on Bully Ray. I have a feeling this angle is going to stick around for longer than it needs to.

Christian - Christian's return last night felt great and the live crowd popped huge for him. Christian drank things in and several different chants broke out at various points throughout his promo. Christian did a good job of putting TNA over without trying to go overboard or do anything to cause some controversy, which I'm sure some people were probably hoping for. They rolled a video for the #1 moment in TNA history, which was Sting returning to TNA in January 2006 & contronting Jeff Jarrett. All in all, just a classy segment. Thumbs Up

8. Chrisopher Daniels & Kazarian vs. AJ Styles & Kurt Angle - Solid match all in all with good work from all the wrestlers involved. To me, however, Styles & Angle don't have the same chemistry as tag partners as they do when they're opponents. Most of the expected spots were there and all the guys looked crisp. The ending, however, didn't do much for me with Angle forcing Kazarian to tap at the 14.5 minute mark. He & Styles are the new tag champs. As I figured, this match and the tag title scene in general has just been too overshadowed by the affair storyline. I don't see that going away anytime soon, so I don't see why they put the titles onto Angle & Styles just for a feel good moment, especially when Daniels & Kazarian needed it more. **3/4

9. Bobby Roode vs. Sting for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship - This match went about as I figured it would, only with a much much worse ending than I was expecting. Sting beat up Roode for about the first 5 minutes or so before Roode manages to land some offense and briefly take control before Sting slapped on a sleeper. Roode backdropped his way out of it and both sold on the mat. Sting hits a nice superplex not long afterward before locking in the Scorpion Deathlock, which Roode is able to escape from by reaching the ropes. Roode tries to escape but Sting chases him down and brings him back toward the ring. Sting eventually slaps on the Scorpion on top of the announce table, with Roode tapping but it doesn't count of course. Sting releases the hold and for some strange reason, thought he'd won the match. Seriously? It was an idiotic move for TNA to book Sting like that as he's a near 30 year veteran. Sure he knew this wasn't a Falls Count Anywhere match. Roode finds what was left of James Storm's six pack that he brought out for his match and teases a bottle shot. Sting takes it from him and is about to deliver it before the ref takes it from him. Roode pulled out another bottle and popped Sting across the head with it. The ref got back into the ring and ignored the broken bottle in a staggering TNA Referee Incompotence moment. He makes the count, on the broken glass no less, and Roode retains a little past the 10.5 minute mark. The action was solid all in all, but the storytelling wasn't there and the booking was flat shitty. Roode scores yet another weak win and retains. *3/4

Final Thoughts - A friend of mine recorded the show last night and brought it too me saying it wouldn't be a waste of time. All in all, it was a pretty decent show but, to me, it wasn't a great show. The show started off strong with Aries vs. Joe. It was a great match that would've been better had their been an actual build to it. A possible negative from this is that it makes the 220 pound weight limit set on the X Division look even more foolish now that Aries has scored two consecutive ppv wins over men close to 300 pounds. Hernandez vs. Kash was meaningless filler as was Devon & Garett Bischoff vs. Robbie E & Rob Terry. Neither match did anything of note. The #1 contender match between Hardy, Anderson & RVD was a fun, solid match. Cowboy James Storm returned and ended Crimson's streak in about 2 minutes, nothing much to say about that. All the various video packages as well as the TNA HOF induction, including Christian's appearances, were well done and had an overall classy feel about it. The Knockout match was ok but, personally, I don't think Tessmacher has the ability. She has the sex appeal no doubt, but not the ability to be the top female in the company. Bully Ray vs. Joseph Park, in my eyes, was a waste of almost 11 minutes and the ending was more than slightly stupid. The tag title match was also fun, but the ending kinda left me cold. Daniels & Kazarian needed the win here and just giving the fans a feel good moment isn't going to do the tag titles or the tag scene in general any favors. The main event was a huge letdown. The action was pretty decent all in all, about what I expected, but the booked finish was beyond stupid. It was almost as if they were paying homage to all the lousy TNA main event finishes we've seen over the years. Having Sting sell as if he thought he won the match, ignoring almost 30 years of knowledge & experience, with him suddenly forgetting that it was a standard match & titles don't change hands in a standard match when a guy taps on the outside. The finish with the beer bottle was even worse as the ref just ignores bits of "broken glass" all over the place and makes the count. Aries vs. Joe was easily the match of the night, The undercard was generally mediocre, the #1 contender & tag title matches were both solid, the TNA Hall of Fame stuff & videos were done with quality & class and the main event pretty much blew chunks. In my eyes, it wasn't the amazingly epic show that some are saying it was, but it was a good effort on TNA's part. That's saying something when you take into account how many of the matches felt pretty meaningless. Definitely a middle of the road show all in all for me.

Grade: C+

In regards to Christian being reported upset with TNA; why? What would cause him to be upset. If anything he should be happy with all the praise he was receiving. He even was talking to Bobby Roode prior to the PPV starting. He actually looked like a bigger star in TNA than he has in recent history in WWE in my opinion.

In regards to Christian being reported upset with TNA; why? What would cause him to be upset. If anything he should be happy with all the praise he was receiving. He even was talking to Bobby Roode prior to the PPV starting. He actually looked like a bigger star in TNA than he has in recent history in WWE in my opinion.

I wouldn't buy anything into that report. What exactly would he have to be upset about? To be honest if he was that much against it im pretty sure he would have refused straight off the bat to partake in it. Dirtsheets looking for controversy where there likely is none.

Phenomenal PPV.

The Tag Title match and the X Divison Title match were both 5 stars in my opinoin... and number 1 and number 2 as far as match of the year go, for any company.

There's just something about Impact Wrestling's wrestling that is different than WWE... WWE's is based way to much on acting... it doesn't give the feel of a real competitve match too often. Especially if Cena's invovled.

A TNA PPV and it's amazing wrestlers deliver again. go figure.

My first PPV for TNA, it was enjoyable. Austin Aries is awesome. I love ROH guys. The tag match was phenomenal. Good old fashion match and Angle still has it. Amongst my fav performers.

I didn't like the main event. I get they need to sell Sting as it was his night but the only redeeming feature was Roode retaining. Otherwise they made their own champion look like a joke, constantly running away.

Also, that moment with Garettt dancing...how lame was that? I hate his character. They trying so hard to give him a fan base but everyone deeps down knows he is there because of daddy. And the crowd shows it by booing him. They should make him first cut his side burns. And then turn him heel. And make him play into the role that he is there because of his dad. He will generate so much heat and eventually can elevate into bigger matches as a big heel because everyone will think he didn't deserve to be there. But in time, he will put on good matches and shrug that tag like HHH.

Phenomenal PPV for me! I enjoyed it a lot and for sure PPV of the year!

So starting off with Aries vs Joe, wow a great match from these two, the duo suicide dives was classic, Joe worked the best I'd seen him in a long time.

Hernandez and Kid Kash can't complain was an alright match just a showcase of Hernandez's skills and I notice he's grown out some facial hair to make him look even more Mexican lol

Devon and Garrett vs the Robbies, the crowd sure loved Devon haha and has Madison had a nose job? The match was better than I thought it would be, what was up with the two of them dancing at the end, are they gonna turn that into their gimmick? Would be interesting... but I think a heel turn would be good for Garrett, use that heat to your advantage!

The #1 contender 3 way was pretty good not much to say, I thought it was gonna end screwey with Jeff and Anderson pinng RVD at the same time (thus both facing Roode on impact) but glad it didn't happen and a great finish with the rolling thunder into the mic check.

Marked out for the Storm return and glad he ended Crimson, no complaints here!

The Joseph Park and Bully Ray match I loved the storytelling, even though there was some stalling, the way Joseph kept getting one or two shots in and then knocked down to size by Ray I thought they told a good story, although I don't think the match would hold up if I watched it a second time.

The tag match, WOW match of the night for me AND match of the year(so far) these four man did some fantastic stuff, was entertaining from beginning to end, made me mark out so many times. When I try and convert normal people into wrestling fans, for sure this will be one of the matches I'll show them.

Roode vs Sting ehhh was not that good at all, I was a little tired but honestly the only thing of note I remember was Roode tapping on the announce table, and for Sting a veteran for decades to think he's won, seemed pretty ******ed. The Scorpion death drop off the ramp should've been in the actual match IMO.

But yeah definitely the best PPV this year!

This is a PPV that seems to have took on a WrestleMania XVII or at least Summerslam 2002 like status with some, and it was a solid show, but when your main event is a 10 minute lazy mess then it brings the show down.

I thought Aries vs Joe and the Tag Title match were phenomenal, they may have lacked a decent story and build but rated on pure match quality both are in my current top 5 for MOTY.

RVD, Ken Anderson and Jeff Hardy are 3 of the most played out guys in the industry in my view, but their spotfest 3 way was a lot of fun to their credit.

The rest of the show felt like filler.

Sting vs Roode was a farce, barely over 10 minutes for a World title main event, 5 of which were simply Roode running away like Sting is so scary. I was a little Stinger, been a fan since the surfer days back as far as 1990, but he's finished as a wrestler, he does the bare minimum to get by, all he has to offer the young guys is advice and the notch of a clean job, sadly Roode instead was made to look weak and goofy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back