• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sin Cara: Could His WWE Career Be In Jeopardy Before It Begins?

I don't think you can blame that botch on Sin Cara though. Primo slipped trying to position himself and the momentum of him falling is what threw Sin Cara out the ring.

Exactly this. Its clear that Primo slips and I think Sin Cara did a good job of covering for Primo's mistake, although his 'fall' from the top rope did look a bit weird. He went straight back in tho, delivered another nice kick which got the crowd back into things (and also made it look a little more realistic considering by this time Primo had spent a fair bit of time just chilling out on the turnbuckle) and then nailed the finisher well. I honestly cant see why everyones on his back, although I (and most of us here) didnt see the botches against Sheamus, which, if true, could be devastating as been as that is supposed to be Cara's finisher.

Sin Cara was extremely over last week and the week before that. I thought the match was fine. They did botch the spot on the top rope, but Cara came back and delivered a beautiful move. Maybe WWE will want him to limit some of his moves or put him on Smackdown so they can edit out some moves. Smackdown sounds like a better spot for him anyway with wrestlers like Rhodes and Mysterio to work with. I don't think his career is in jeopardy. The fans are behind him and hardly even notice when there a few botches.

The problem is finding wrestlers or "soap opera entertainers" what ever they call them, to adapt to his style. I don't think a heavyweight like Big Show or Sheamus could take the same bumps Primo did.

Just got back from Raw today and Sin Cara was incredibly over. He got one of the biggest pops of the entire show and nailed every move (apart from his finisher which might have missed a touch). He was tagging with Cena against Miz and Riley so I wouldn't say that he's in jeopardy wrestling with the face of the WWE against the champion. I think the kids are going to love him, he's very innovative and they even used the trampoline again which he perfectly executed. I wouldn't be suprised if he we saw him wrestling for a championship very soon.

No

Vince sees Sin Cara as a money making machine and anytime he spots him in the hallway he must imagine him as a dollar sign. The Mexican audience is such an importance to WWE that a few botches won't f*** up the push Sin Cara is going to receive. Plus, I highly doubt Vince would have been fuming at Sin Cara for the botch against Primo. And the column about him calling his work in Mexico shoots just shows that the dirtsheets have it in for Sin Cara. He's only been here for 3 weeks and he's getting pops.

I was at a Dublin show and during intermission this little kid turned around and asked me who do you want to see? I answered Miz and Sin Cara. He then told me John Cena, Randy Orton and Sin Cara. Kids want to see him and that's all that he needs for a push.

Am I the only person who saw how badly Sin Cara missed Alex Riley with the moonsault?

I mean he may be over with the people but if your gonna wrestle at least attempt to hit them with the damn move.

maybe it's because i'm too old for wrestling. but this sin cara's style is just laughable to me.

having your opponent completely and obviously flipping and falling fully on his own just makes the wrestling seem funny and dumb at the same time.

i think this guy is awesome for kids and will probably sell some merchandise, but if feedback counts for anything, i can't see this guy working out.

now a lucha libre that is also violent and vicious...that would be cool.
And your opinion of "come on he's obviously waiting for him" is that of most of the mainstream audience. Cara's stuff doesn't look spontaneous, it looks like a dance, which isn't good in the US, I don't give a shit how much you want to tap into the growing Mexican population, they don't, and won't for a looooooong time if ever, pay the bills for WWE.

The botched slingshot queberada was pretty damn bad but luckily they cut it so it didn't look AS bad as it probably looked live. He needs to cut back on that. Botching like that is tolerable if you have guys who can work with it. however, selling it even though it was obviously shit, or even worse, completely redoing the spot (debut vs Primo) is NOT the way to cover botches and it makes the show look hokey as fuck and really kills it.

I thought his performance last night in the tag match was pretty bad. When he washolding Miz's arm, you could see Miz and Riley telling him to go to the other turnbuckle and perform the move, which he then missed Riley it looked like. He fell during the back handspring elbow and he completely missed Riley with the moonsault. I was very disappointed.

But, on a side note, did it look like the ring ropes were a little loose to anyone else last night?

He just needs to find his groove... they said he needed to learn English before he joined the roster so I'm sure his English is really bad which would make it hard to get through a crisp match...

I am also wondering how he will cut promos... will he be silent? Seems almost impossible for anyone to make it in today's WWE since the manager concept is almost dead...

It will take some time and work, but he will make it...

Again two botches at RAW. One minor, one was the finish(!). Even the minor botch (hardly noticeable how his spinning elbow barely connected) is bad because right now he is under a giant magnifying glass. And his finishing moonsault barely connected, either. Ouch. This doesn't bode well for Sin Cara. Not well at all.

On top of that I'm already feeling a disconnect from not seeing his face at all. It is a great limitation for the man. Rey's mask works, because you see his mouth and his eyes - he has a full range of facial expressions. Sin Cara has to rely solely on body language to express everything from triumph to shock to pain. Quite a handicap.

It saddens me but I expect Sin Cara to soon disappear into the swamp that is Dark Matches and WWE Superstars for a good long time. If he works his way out of there will remain to be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back