Should Big Show Retire?

There are probably a few reasons for the hate on Show, none of them are particularly good, IMO.

It may be true when he first came up, you could say he hadn't paid his dues, but I think with all the work he's put it since then and the number of people he's put over, his dues are offically paid.

Yazloz also hit a good point, most of the IWC hate faces, it's just the in thing to hate on faces and cheer the heels, its cool to do. So because he doesn't play a monster heel who is on a rampage 24 hours a day, he's dull, he's boring, he's lame. Please. Not everyone can be a heel. He's played the monster heel before, and it's a cliched role for a big man anyway. He has great range in terms of what kind of character he can play, going from monster to determined to comedy and everything in between. I'm glad he's gotten to showcase that over the years. As I've said before, it's ok to cheer for the good guy sometimes.

As far as his ring work goes, he sells well, works well with others, and as I've said, has put plenty of people over. I actually think he should have been champ more than he has been.

Also, the recent heat from the Wade Barrett injury is hurting him. Especially since Barrett seems to be becoming the next internet darling. I have nothing against Wade, I think he's been doing well lately, but I don't think you can blame the injury on Show. In this case, it's just something that happened, not like the Miz/Truth spot.

Overall, Big Show is pretty valuable guy to the company right now.

the newest injury aside, I think Big Show should go. He's not very good and his matches usually suck. He's entertaining when he's doing comedy bits but in the ring, he's a borefest

I have never been a huge fan of the Big Show, always tolerated him but honestly a good majority of his matches for me are actually bathroom break matches. With that being said, I do appreciate what he has given us in the business because there is no doubt he has given us some moments in the business. But as of late from watching him, the guy looks tired...he's getting into his 40's and he just looks tired...yes he smiles and does his wave to the crowd which is the Big Show I am not a fan of but the guy genuinley looks tired after all the years he has been in wrestling for. Time to take a back seat Show.

Big Show has said one day he's not the best in ring but he has an awesome presence more than Khali or Big daddy V,he has many experience in wrestling and again 3 or 4 years in WWE.
you forget one thing, Big Show in a good day must destroyed an entire roster like he make on thing at SMACKDOWN.

Clearly it was just a couple of cases of bad luck. Mistakes happen. The wrestlers know that before they even set foot in the ring. Big Show has been around for years and has no reason to retire anytime soon. To say he should retire due to a few botches is incredibly unfair. Have you ever made a mistake at your own occupation? No one is perfect, we all make mistakes, and I don't see Big Show telling people that you should have to step down from your jobs for mistakes you made. For someone who has been in the business as long as he has, Big Show has done quite well.

I doubt he will retire anytime soon since Show is in good shape compared to a few years ago and continues to entertain the fans. That's all that really matters. If he no longer generated any reaction whatsoever from the fans or if he could no longer handle working matches, then that is when he could consider retiring. Obviously neither of those situations are the case because he gets decent reactions and his matches aren't that bad for a bigger guy. Show will likely be around for a few more years and the couple of botches mentioned in the opening post will soon be forgotten. People take the picky little details far too seriously sometimes.

I dont think he should retire. He seems to love where he is at. He doesnt hold anyone back, he jobbs to people, celebrities, etc. He joins tag teams helps people get over. If you need a draw, especially when face cause the kids love em. If you can throw him is as a #1 and the next week he's helping the mid card people. i would keep him. He's not hurting anyones career.

why on earth should he retire!!!! The man works brilliantly as face or heel, can always be called upon in the title hunt and can work good match's with everyone (even that pointless mortal santino marrela), yes he occasionally botches, but if everyone who botched should retire, there wouldnt be much of a roster left. Show will go when he wants to go or when VKM decides he isnt good enough anymore

Show will only retire when he decides its time or he gets forced out. He's on top of things currently (he is a safe worker. The thing with Barrett was a complete fluke.). He gets a major pop EVERY time he comes out. He can work anyone on the card and make them look good. He is truly the best big man today. I won't even hesitate to say that. I give him 4-5 years before he even looks at retiring.

Big show should retire his matches are pretty terrible due to his size and he really never puts people over in feuds.

He actually does a superb job of putting people over, he is probably the best on the roster for doing so. As for Big Show himself, I think it is time for him to call it quits and walk off into the sunset. He has done basically everything in the business from Main Event Wrestlemania, face Floyd Mayweather, win WCW, ECW & WWE World Championships. Like I said before he looks tired & withered these days..he can only go face & heel so many times.

Thanks for everything you've done Big Show, but it's time to go.

Why would you want to see Big Show retire, though? When you take his size and age into consideration, it's not like he's terrible in the ring. He can definitely put on passable matches. As he's grown older, they've added things to his in-ring arsenal to add more dimensions to the matches he can put on. In other words, maybe he's slower than ever in the ring, but now he has the devastating knockout punch that can end a match in an instant. He didn't have that years ago, but it was added in an effort to keep him appealing inside the ring, and I think it's worked. But, again, why would you want him to retire? He certainly does put people over, and he's one of the last few guys left from the past generation of wildly popular superstars. He represents a generation that is almost completely gone. If he still wants to be there and is still capable, why shun him or discourage him? I, for one, think it's great and admirable that he's still wrestling, especially when being in your late 30's as a giant is more like being in your late 40's. I don't think we give him enough credit for working the schedule that he does after being at it for so long. So what if he botches a few moves every now and then, it's really no more than anyone else. He's still passable in the ring, can deliver on the mic, connects with the crowd big-time, is a credible giant that can put people over, and is a very unique superstar from a very unique generation. I see no reason why people are calling for his retirement at this point.

Big Show just cannot be entertaining today because his character is so stale. He hasn't really been relevant since Wrestlemania 22, to the fans atleast.

But he has done somewhat good to Cody Rhodes' mid card status.

Seems to me like Show is close to retirement. I wouldn't be surprised if he was expecting WM 28 to be his last one, or maybe second last, hence why they gave him the victory (perhaps the same with Kane, this remasked run is obviously his final run so might have been a reward of sorts?) over Cody.

Logically you'd have him put over the young Cody, who is going to be a big star over the next few years, but it seemed like this was his bit of glory at WM, and also probably a transitional champion to get the title to another heel (who, I don't know), rather than have Cody fight another heel. Maybe one of the FCW guys coming up as a heel (Dean Ambrose won a dark match before RAW, he's definitely close to coming up to the roster).

I think Big Show, at his age, will be retired within the next 1-2 years.

I hate Big Show with passion. This guy enjoys burying young talent like Cody Rhodes or Wade Barrett. What happened at WrestleMania 28 makes me sick. Cody Rhodes, the man who brought back the prestige to the Intercontinental Championship was defeated by one of the most useless wrestlers... Wait, what did I just say? I mean THE MOST useless wrestler on the roster. What a joke! I was expecting Rhodes to become the longest reigning Intercontinental Champion of all time. That would make perfect sense. But no, WWE big showed it.
Big Show didn't need that victory. Nobody takes him seriously, he's just a joke and OF COURSE HE SHOULD RETIRE.

Another thing I just don't get is why WWE didn't make the Miami Street Fight Match between Cody Rhodes and Goldust. Instead they just gave Big Show a shot at the IC title for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

''Oh look Big Show is not in a storyline, let's put him in a tag-team with Kane''
''Oh look Daniel Bryan needs someone to feud with... What about Big Show, our favorite main event filler vs. Daniel Bryan? Nobody watches SmackDown anyway LOL''
''Oh look Cody Rhodes has been the Intercontinental Champion for too long. We made him bring back the classic title, but come on, he doesn't need to beat The Honky Tonky Man's record as the longest reigning Intercontinental Champion of all time. That would make no sense''

WWE makes me puke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back