Should Big Show Retire?

big show retire no way, he is at the point in his career right now where he is trying to establish the young starts and he is doing a hell of a job doing that right now.

now i know he will be a heel at wm28 vs shaq, but seeing that wm is in miami and shaq was a little bitch towards the end of his stint in miami, i could see the him getting booed and big show getting cheered

This thread is appalling, especially considering Big Show has been one of the best superstars of the past year or so. His athleticism and matches have all drastically improved, he's over with the crowd, and he's young. Retirement -- even the suggestion of retirement -- is illogical.

Big Show is a big man and these guys are like chicken nuggets to him. You have to understand that he may have over calculated his strength, but then again it is not like he meant to do it intentionally. Hell by looking at it, it was not his fault. Was it his fault that Wade and Kofi were staying so close instead of being further back? Is it his fault that those two tried to pull a fucking 3-D on Zolph? Think guys, think.

I don't think it would matter much if he did. I'm not the biggest Big Show fan in the world. I honestly don't think he should even be face. I like Big Show's character when he is dominating opponents and forcing his way into a feud. Not trying to be funny and caring. It's obvious his career is coming closer and closer to an end. It's kind of shame. If they kept him a heel i believe used correctly he could have had an actual title run before retiring. Right now he looks weaker than ever in my eyes. The only bad ass quality left is that he randomly knocks people out. But this rarely happens unless he is kayfabe angry. Before retiring he needs to put someone over. With his size and credibility he could give a younger star a good push. Either have Big Show put his career on the line and lose or have his opponent beat him so bad that Big Show is kayfabe forced to retire. That is really the only good that can from Big Show being kept around. I think right now Wade Barrett would be the perfect guy for this. Ironically this could work considering Big Show was responsible for the injury. Barrett makes his return to attack Big Show. Not a bad idea. As far as botching goes i don't think you can hold Big Show completely responsible. There was risk to that small spot. It could have been how Barrett landed or how Ziggler hit him. These things happen in wrestling. Blaming one person is ignorant. Big Show shouldn't retire for that reason although still should realize he's getting near.

Poor guy. He's just a freak and he's been treated like that for a long time. He shouldn't be where he is, in the main event title picture. Probably he's just mad because of his 45 second or so title reign. That's what you get for worthing nothing. Now he's just hurting people around, I'm starting to believe in Daniel Bryan's words.

I just hope he loses again at wrestlemania this year.

You do know what kayfabe is, right? Because if you don't, that's one thing. But if you do, than what you just said makes you sound like an absolute moron. Big Show doesn't seriously care about a fake title belt, or how long or short his reign was in real life. Little kids should go to bed, the grown ups are talking

On topic, though, does Big show need to retire? Hell no, at least not for this. "Shit happens, and then you die." Wrestling is a show, but accidents happen do happen, and what happened was an accident. Remember a few years ago when one of the Hardy's broke Joey Mercury's nose in that ladder match? Should they have been forced to retire? Or when D-Lo accidentally ended Droz's career. Horrible accident yes, but D-Lo shouldn't have been forced to retire because of it. (That may be a bad example because it was partially the fault of the fans) Point is, scriped show or not, everyone who works in a wrestling company and actually wrestles knows the risks they're taking. FFS, Over in TNA awhile ago when Zima Ion (Or however his name is spelled. no disrespect meant to the guy but I can never get it right for some reason) Almost Crippled a guy, and nobody's trying to make him retire. But no, this is the Big Show. "He's big, he's old, he can't wrestle, he sucks, he needs to retire."

Shut up. This was a stupid topic.

I don't think Big Show had anything to do with the Randy Orton injury. Daniel Bryan just hit Orton in the head real hard with the belt. BUT it was completely his carelessness that injuired Wade Barrett and possibly Dolph Ziggler. So now we're not gonna be able to see either of those two at WrestleMania BUT we do get treated to another Big Show gimmick match. This is sad and WWE really needs to sit down and see what's going on here. Wade Barrett was on his way and now he's injuried because of The Big Show. I think at the very least he should be fined.

As we all saw Big Show threw Dolph Ziggler over the top rope onto R-Truth and Wade Barrett. Dolph hit his head on the announce table and may have suffered a concussion. Barrett now has a broken arm and is out.

Debate all you want who's fault the injury to Barrett was but my money is on Big Show. He seemed to overthrow Ziggler and with too much power. Big Show may have injured Ziggler too but Dolph worked the dark match. Even Randy Orton's injury could be because of Big Show.

It just seems that there have been a lot of botches lately and some of them have involved Big Show. What happened in the Battle Royal tonight and the botched RKO from last week.

Is it all bad luck or should Big Show work on this or even retire?

By this logic, 3/4 of wrestlers all over the world should retire.

Its damn dangerous out there. People fuck up, get over it. Does that mean he has to retire? No. It does not

When Taker Chokeslammed Mankind on top of the Cell that was not supposed to break back at KOTR in 1998 which then resulted in Mick Foley getting a chair smacked on his head and a severe concussion, does that mean Taker should of retired because he made a fuck up in not clearing the chair?

Yes Show maybe overthrew Ziggler which resulted in a bad fall. But im pretty sure even though Show is huge and extremely strong, Picking up a guy thats 250lb and throwing him over the ropes which are a good 5 foot off the mat still can be quite difficult. Maybe Ziggler moved a bit at the last second which put Show a tad out of sync with when he should of thrown him. You don't know as you aren't either of them.

Do you think Barrett blames Show? No of course he doesn't. Because he knows that every single second hes out there, hes likely to get very hurt.

It was a simple mistake. Thats all.

I dont think that fall was Big Shows fault.

After looking at the video a few times it looked like a usual throw with, but seemed that Dolph put a little extras on it by forcing himself further to hit the announce table. We all know Ziggler always puts extras on every little thing. Look at the video on YouTube and you be the judge. If Wade should be angry it should be at Ziggler for not flattening his body for Wade to properly catch him. Then again thats my assumption after looking at the video. Zigger loves to "ShowOff" by putting a twist on everything, so I wouldnt be surprized if he forced himself onto the table.

I don't think Big Show had anything to do with the Randy Orton injury. Daniel Bryan just hit Orton in the head real hard with the belt. BUT it was completely his carelessness that injuired Wade Barrett and possibly Dolph Ziggler. So now we're not gonna be able to see either of those two at WrestleMania BUT we do get treated to another Big Show gimmick match. This is sad and WWE really needs to sit down and see what's going on here. Wade Barrett was on his way and now he's injuried because of The Big Show. I think at the very least he should be fined.

Oh well done clever clogs. Yes lets fine Show for performing a move and fucking it up.

Lets fine Cena, Miz, Ziggler, Punk, HHH, Undertaker, Sheamus and have the "top brass in WWE go back and watch every tape of WWE/WWF there has been in the past and have them fine every wrestler thats ever botched something in the ring. As all those mentioned above have at one time or another botched a move which may of resulted in an injury.

Yes! Fine The Big Show. He blasted Wade with a steel chair on his head, right? No? Oh! He botched a banned Pile Driver, right? Oh! He said a profane word, right? Come on! What the hell is this? Big Show ain't done anything. Ziggler did oversell the move and that cost Barret as well. If there's someone to fine that's Ziggs not Show.

This is not a hide and seek game. This is Pro Wrestling. Haven't you seen that WWE commercial,"Don't try this at home." "Injuries can happen any moment". Done.

I have read a few different articles on this site now, and have come to the conclusion there is a lot of hate for the world's largest athlete.. The Big Show.

I don't understand this.

I honestly believe that The Big Show is one the best big men ever. Why? He can move VERY fast for a guy his size. He is unselfish in the ring and has constantly put people over for year's despite how shitty they are and despite him being over 7'2 and 500lbs or however he's billed these day's.

Iv noticed people are moaning because he's facing Rhodes at Mania instead of Goldust. Who cares? Give Big Show his Mania moment for a change by becoming IC Champion. The guy deserves it plus Rhodes has surpassed the title now in my eye's. He dosent need it anymore.

That match is far more intresting then watching Show job to another celebrity who could'nt give two shit's about the business.

Sure, people will say he's lazy and he never paid his due's. Didn't he win the WCW title in his first match for god sake?

But whatever, remember when Goldberg jackhammered him on Nitro? Good god that was an amazing site, sure Goldberg held him up, but to be 7' and stall yourself in a suplex like that is amazing. He used to fly off the top rope with elbow's.. Iv even seen him hit the moonsault!

Stop hating on the Show. He's one of the best big men ever.. give the guy a break, he deserves some credit and some respect.

I agree, seeing him throw Dolph Ziggler into Barrett was just pure misfortune IMO, and his gripes about not selling are total BS

If anything, he should be praised for making Bryan into a believable heel, and ME level on Smackdown, let's be honest, if he didnt have that Cinderella indie background he'd be sitting backstage with Tyson Kidd

Big Show is the World's Largest Athlete and one of the best big men in Pro-Wrestling but people hate him because he is a face. The thing is giants should never be face. Whenever a giant is face he looks corny and stupid.

Big Show was much better as a heel. His matches with Kurt Angle,Brock Lesnar,Undertaker,John Cena etc were much better than what he does now. Even Jeri-Show (Jericho and Big Show) was way better than a boring giant who cries on TV. Big Show needs to turn heel again.

Haters will hate. It is very difficult to answer your question about hate. Big Show is a great wrestler for his size and age. He is getting better with his age. He's a monster damn it! He needs to turn heel. They are making him look like a joke by making him smile all the time. We saw some aggression with him when he destroyed the GM's office. He needs to be a heel. He must be a heel and they should certainly make him a heel.

For the hate thing, I don't like people bashing and crying about a product. Why to cry or argue on a thing which one can't change? If people hate on a product, they have the right to oppose it but not constantly pick on some faults and go on bitching. Haters will always find a thing to hate. We can't do anything. Quote my signature," Why don't haters just enjoy the product and just shut up?"

It is a universal truth. I am not telling that people shouldn't hate... I am telling them to keep the hate within them. There's no value of going on shouting with a loud voice in front of a TV. If someone doesn't like the things going on the WWE, there are many other channels and promotions to look. Why to show stupidity on a internet forum or elsewhere?

question: whats everyones obsession with the hole monster gimmick? its just the default for any big guy. Now it is good but when you consider the amount of memorable monsters vs the amount who have been given the gimmick theres a considerably longer list of guys who have done nothing with it. I get the hole corny thing and it makes sense a big powerful guy just wrecks shit because he can, but for god sake how about a little variety now and again. For instance kane and undertaker took the moster gimmick but have their own unique spin on it, and they are the two best monsters in well I haven't been watching wrestling before 05 so idk but long time defs. Every seems to get so hung up that every big guy need to be "cold hearted sob" or " Destructive monster" its overdone and guys have to be really good to rise above the rest ie Lesnar, Show, henery ect. Its not the end of the world and imo a refreshing change when we get a funasarus now and again. In short, Big show as a face is still pretty decent, Id rather him as a face especially now as a heel big show would need a really good face to go up against him

Oh for the love of God - there are people who hate on the Big Show as he currently is and where he currently stands? No shit, really?

He's rather agile for a 7-footer with near 500 pounds of fat and muscle, he can play face or heel effectively and draw or repel crowds from his massive frame, he had a hand in elevating Mark fucking Henry and Daniel fucking Bryan (two men I never expected to be main-eventers, let alone world champions, at any point in time) to the Smackdown main event.

He's a valuable asset to a company that many of the haters around here say lacks in terms of star power: an unselfish big guy who can pull his own weight whether in the ring or on the mic, a draw due to both his size and skills. How can the haters miss that? :banghead:

I don't get the hate for Big Show on discussion boards too. Big Show is one of the more agile big men ever. He is more comfortable off the matt than a few other medium built wrestlers. He is decent on the mic, something almost 70% of the current roster is not comfortable with. He can handle comedy and serious wrestling. He is the go to guy for celebrity matches. Largest athlete in the world is a more memorable alias compared to 'marine' or 'viper'. Not saying Big Show is better or the best, but he is definitely an asset if he keep in shape.

Big Show may not be an artist in the ring, but he's far better then the Lackluster Khali. Big Show has had an amazing career, he has paid his dues for sure, doing a bit of everything. He is past the monster gimick (I'd never be able to take Show as a monster seriously), and as a babyface, he's just plain PG. He needs to just be himself, respect his friends/allies, and crush his enemies.

As for a Show/Rhodes match at WM, that just sounds aweful. I cannot picture Cody beating Paul legit in a match. Give me Rhodes VS Reynolds instead, Cody VS Dustin would be far more interesting. Much better storytelling available there. I'd sure Dustin is willing to end his career by losing to his little brother, a real brother vs brother fight. That I'd love to see, nearly as much as Jericho V CM Punk.

I've seen Paul(Show)'s work since WCW, I've seen what he can offer. Him VS Cody would not be interesting, hell him VS any sports athlete would be boring. What i would love to see is...

... Show ending Lackluster Khali's WWE career! (Yes, i know, will not happen, would be nice though.)

I've been so busy with the Cena hate threads, Rock hate threads and Daniel Bryan hate threads to notice the Big show hate threads. Did I miss something?

If the problem is that he's a friendly giant that's a stupid reason to hate him. I don't exactly see Rhodes vs Big Show as a dream match either, but the same goes for Goldust. WTF do people want to see that? And as far as not paying his dues, he's been in the business for nearly two decades now. A little late to start complaining about that.

The Big Show is one of the greatest performers in the ring today, especially for his size. I mean, look at the Great Khali, he absolutely sucks and look like a Giant ******. No offense to those with disabilities, but im trying to make a point here. I believe Big Shows best days are behind him, but he still has alot to offer. A character change here and there is good for his character. If WWE was truly in what IWC call the "Reality Era" Then Big Show will be the World Champion until he retires because there is not one man on the roster that can truly beat the Big Show. NOT ONE.

Reality wise, no, not many could beat Show. Even viewing it through the wrestling "glasses" not many can truly beat him, which makes him kind of boring.

Could be interesting seeing Show take out wrestlers that are really boring, or injure some (fictional of course) for a time, so they can be somewhat forgotten, and change their gimmick. (And not doing it as a monster, but as Paul Wight, the Big Show.)

And please, oh mighty Wrestling God, stop with the damn big wrestler headbutts, it just looks so damn aweful!

To answer your question HEADMAN, I would like to see Cody vs. Goldust simply for the fact that its easier to take an actual punch from your brother than from some wrestler. So putting two brothers in the ring together allows them to go harder than usual, which could make for a more interesting match. But thats another subject.

I dont have many friends that watch wrestling, & I dont click on my Big Show topics, so I dont see all the hate. But I could never hate on him. I remember when Kevin Sullivan came out with him, I immediately thought, "Andre had a son?" And what he did is not what I would call wrestling. 1 move. Grab you by the neck, pick you up, and throw you down. Plus the way he manhandled all the other monsters of his time was always something to see. He mad Fire & Ice look like a lighter & cold water!

To see the progression almost 20 years later is impressive. The intensity he had in his eyes as a rookie to the big, comfortable smile he sports now, its nice to see a character with such range and its vital for getting over future talents. And when you think about other Monsters like Kevin Nash & Khali and think of quality of work, you gotta put Mr. Wight on a different level.

The Big show is definitely one of the greatest big men ever!! Why the hate on him i dont know. Really his character is taht of a big kid and is super friendly. Him having a match against cody at WM is a great way for show to have him WM moment! Hell he hasnt had one ever and is well deserving of one.

Also show is good on the mic can talk up a match has literally bent over backwards for this company. Whether it be comedy sticks or seriousness show has done it all for the E. I will always root for him and the hate on him i just dont get it

I like the Big Show and I want to see him get over, but the it's tough to believe him as a monster when he's been beat so many times by so many people.

Monsters in the wrestling industry should have an aura of invincibility, that they can never be beat. I don't buy that with Big Show any more. I get the feeling that, on a good night, I could kick his ass.

I like his current angle and where they're going with it (one punch KO power), and I admire Big Show for losing so much weight. Personally, especially since he's 40 now, I would hope they give him a pseudo-Andre The Giant angle, where he's perceived to be unbeatable. This would put over the next guy that beats him tremendously.

Short answer. The IWC loves to hate.

Long answer. In the past Show has had a few instances of not knowing his own strength and going a bit too hard with some of his moves and throws. Plus the IWC usually hates on faces. Couple that with the hard on a lot of people have for Barrett, the man he injured, and it doesn't set well.

Accidents happen, especially in the wrestling business and generally Show is pretty safe. They trust him enough to work with non wrestlers fairly often, which shows the confidence they have in his ability and safety. Skill wise he is one of the better big men ever, agile enough for his size, and isn't limited to the generic big man move set.

In truth Show is one of the nicest guys outside the ring and is generally very well liked backstage. He is always willing to put people over and to do the job and never has an ill word to say about anyone. He really doesn't deserve the hate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back