Should Big Show Retire?

TheJbody

Dark Match Winner
As we all saw Big Show threw Dolph Ziggler over the top rope onto R-Truth and Wade Barrett. Dolph hit his head on the announce table and may have suffered a concussion. Barrett now has a broken arm and is out.

Debate all you want who's fault the injury to Barrett was but my money is on Big Show. He seemed to overthrow Ziggler and with too much power. Big Show may have injured Ziggler too but Dolph worked the dark match. Even Randy Orton's injury could be because of Big Show.

It just seems that there have been a lot of botches lately and some of them have involved Big Show. What happened in the Battle Royal tonight and the botched RKO from last week.

Is it all bad luck or should Big Show work on this or even retire?

Ziggler was fine, he fought in the dark match after Raw against CM Punk, he is just one hell of a seller. Barrett is out indefitnely with a broken arm. That being said, take a look at my thread on the botches, I explain in depth. He did overthrow Ziggler and there goes Barrett. What about show botching the code breaker tonight, he didn't even fully sell it, PATHETIC. I am tired of seeing him being a mid carder and I really do think it's his time to go. He's had a hell of a career but sometimes you just gotta hang the boots up. He doesn't have much time left and they won't use him to carry the WWE title anytime soon, if ever for the rest of his career. He's a pretty good draw, but there's more superstars that are way more over than him.

It appears the only serious injury out of Raw tonight was Wade Barrett, who it is now believed suffered a dislocated elbow. After having Dolph Ziggler thrown on him, Barrett landed awkwardly and was visibly in great pain.

Barrett was taken to a Minneapolis hospital after the match.

While anything is possible, Barrett will likely now miss WrestleMania 28. the average recovery time for this injury is 6-12 weeks

We all could hope and pray were as big as the big show!! Hello i dont mean to sound mean but hes a giant! But no way should he retire. Just calculate his strength a little bit more!! This is the same man who tipped over a jeep. Yes i do believe hes to blame for what happened tonight but him retiring is out of the question. Just tone it down a bit show take a breath and you will be fine

Yes, he should go out flat on his back at WrestleMania after Shaq finishes him off! Whatcha gonna do when Shaquille O'Neal runs wild on uuuu????? Seriously, he's going to get embarrassed by Shaq at WM, so that's punishment enough.

retire...NO. That is a stupid suggestion. Hes not even 40 yet. Sure he may be a tad lazy in the ring, but hes entertaining still and gets a solid reaction from the crowds. The Shaq/Big Show angle for Mania 28 is upon us soon, they would not trust Show in the ring with a non wrestler if they did not think he could perform. The Barrett injury is unfortunate, but thats wrestling, guys do get hurt from time to time.

The answer is NO he should not retire he just needs to tone down and calculate his strength better

I'm with this guy, he just needs to be a better judge of his strength when he throws people.

As for the injury of Barrett, it sucks, but shit does happen in that line of work. It looked like he just fell wrong to me. It wasn't anyone fault from, it was just a freak injury that happens from time to time. The timing sucks though, because now he will probably miss out on a WrestleMania payday, which is pretty big. I just hope that its not too serious.

I wonder if the PG patrol will throw a fit that Wade Barrett got out about three or four very loud, clearly audible, "FUCK!!!"s before the censor was able to start bleeping them.

As we all saw Big Show threw Dolph Ziggler over the top rope onto R-Truth and Wade Barrett. Dolph hit his head on the announce table and may have suffered a concussion. Barrett now has a broken arm and is out.

Debate all you want who's fault the injury to Barrett was but my money is on Big Show. He seemed to overthrow Ziggler and with too much power. Big Show may have injured Ziggler too but Dolph worked the dark match. Even Randy Orton's injury could be because of Big Show.

It just seems that there have been a lot of botches lately and some of them have involved Big Show. What happened in the Battle Royal tonight and the botched RKO from last week.

Big show shouldn't retire. Injuries like those happen. It's not entirely his mistake. Who knows if Ziggler, in trying to sell the move, hit the announcers table? Wade Barret landed awkwardly on his arm. It's dislocated. Things like that cannot be predicted. Triple H also threw Randy Orton out of the ring and as a result he had his collar bone broken. Did he need to retire? No. Anything can happen at any given day. Who knows while climbing the cage Big may have fallen down and broken his hip. Should he retire? No. Especially with a brutal chamber match I think that spot just increased the intensity of the injury.

Everyone botches. No one is perfect. Big Show botched the RKO because he slipped. He botched the Codebreaker because that move doesn't fit for a 7ft man to sell.

Show is not going to have any 5 star matches and is limited to who he can have good matches with. I expect the Shaq match might be better than the Maywether train wreck years back seeing that it's 2 big men. Time to retire? No. He's a long way from Andre The Giants geriatrics in his last years which made me sad to watch. He's still entertaining, and appears to be having fun the day those 2 things don't match up then yes he should retire.

I'm with this guy, he just needs to be a better judge of his strength when he throws people.

As for the injury of Barrett, it sucks, but shit does happen in that line of work. It looked like he just fell wrong to me. It wasn't anyone fault from, it was just a freak injury that happens from time to time. The timing sucks though, because now he will probably miss out on a WrestleMania payday, which is pretty big. I just hope that its not too serious.

I wonder if the PG patrol will throw a fit that Wade Barrett got out about three or four very loud, clearly audible, "FUCK!!!"s before the censor was able to start bleeping them.

It wa just an accident. I was really more concerned with Ziggler's fall than Barrett's initially. Ziggler landed head-first on the table. Could've easily been a life-ender for him there. I'm glad he wasn't hurt and still able to perform in the dark match.

As for Barrett, I hope it's nothing that will keep him out of action for more than 3 or 4 weeks. But I highly doubt any PG patrol is really going to trip on Barrett's use of profanity. In that situation, he just broke his arm, he was in a lot of pain. A few 4-letter words being yelled is understandable.

Don't read too much into this. I do not have the impression that Big Show's work is getting sloppy or dangerous. Quite the contrary, actually. I wouldn't go so far as to say he's like a fine wine, but I do think Show is actually getting better with age. I'm a much bigger fan of his work nowadays than I was a few years back.

Holy crap, what a fucking stupid topic.
Big Show is arguably performing the BEST OF HIS CAREER RIGHT NOW!
What happened was not his fault it was an accident on a risky spot, SHIT HAPPENS.

The botched RKO wasn't his fault either, this is WRESTLING, BOTCHES HAPPEN, IT'S NOT PERFECT

The botched RKO was absolutely his fault. But this and the throw doesn't mean that he should retire.

Accidents happen. People get hurt. I feel so sorry for Wade, but unfortunately, sometimes those are the breaks. Hell, because of what happened, he could end up getting a huge push when he comes back, as a way to make it up to him for probably missing Mania.

Big Show is a prime example of how much easier it used to be for big men. Back in the day, just walk around the ring, punch a guy, stand on him, then finish him with a bear hug or a splash. Big show has to toss guys around, do intricate moves (seriously) and do them to people half his size without hurting them, plus he has to bump.

Years ago, Jerich would have never hit the codebreaker on him and Orton would have never hit the RKO, that's just how the built big guys, as immovable. He wouldn't have had to throw Dolph to prove the point of him being strong because people would have just believed it.

Basically no, he shouldn't retire. We should all cut him some slack. He's incredibly athletic. People his size are usually bed-ridden or in wheel chairs, not bumping 4 days a week 50 weeks a year.

I think that Big Show should goto the hospital and bring all three of those guys flowers and tell them that he is really, really, reeeaaally sorry.

Do you think that my answer is stupid? Well so was the question.

Big Show is in his late 30's, he's in the best shape he's been in for years, he's entertaining lots of audiences around the world and he loves his job. It's not as if he's unfit to work anymore...

The botch was bad for Barrett and could not have happened at a worst time for the poor guy but to say Show needs to retire? This is wrestling for gods sake. Accidents can unfortunately happen

it was all big shows fault! ( in daniel bryans shouting voice )

first he hurt AJ! then he hurts botches every other damn smackdown consecutively without fail. he messes up the RKO... he injures mark henry and puts him away from elimination chamber

then he puts wade barret out of wrestlemania by dislocating his elbow. and almost did that to dolph ziggler as well.

if im vince i will burst in to the arena live on that very raw and fire big show on the spot

I didn't know Big Show had so many fans....
To be quite honest the last time he was interesting to me was way back in his WCW days as The Giant. For the last 2 years he has been unbearably bad to watch for me...
He had a match with alberto del Rio not too long ago and it was so incredibly boring and long i couldn't stand it.

He is not an entertaining big man. I was more entertained by Vader,Umaga or Yokozuna.i will even go as far as to say Kevin Nash's one ladder match against Triple H was more entertaining to me than anything Show has done in the last 3 years.Big Show is slow,he gets tired after 3 minutes in the ring and it's almost impossible to get a good match out of him. I wish he would have retired 3 years ago.

I don't think that Big Show should retire immediately. He is currently doing the best work of his career, both in the ring and on the mic. He is one of the top faces on SmackDown and gets quite good pops. I think that he could put a lot of the younger guys over because of his credibility.

As for the botches, it happens with everyone. He sure has botched a bit in the past few weeks, but if can control it, he is good to go for a few more years.

No, he shouldn't retire. He's still mad over and has never lost a step since his career started. If anything, he's gained some. He's still a phenomenal worker. Wade Barrett appears to have landed awkwardly and how the hell is that Big Show's fault? It isn't. It's fine if you don't like the guy but to suggest he retires because of one screw up (this wasn't even a screw up) is ridiculous. Dolph Ziggler's throw worried me the most, but he landed safely and sold the fuck out of the maneuver; that's what he does best. Big Show shouldn't retire unless he feels like he can't have fun anymore. Right now, with Smackdown's ever so slim roster, it would also horrible timing. Give him a break.

Big show shouldn't retire. Injuries like those happen. It's not entirely his mistake. Who knows if Ziggler, in trying to sell the move, hit the announcers table? Wade Barret landed awkwardly on his arm. It's dislocated. Things like that cannot be predicted. Triple H also threw Randy Orton out of the ring and as a result he had his collar bone broken. Did he need to retire? No. Anything can happen at any given day. Who knows while climbing the cage Big may have fallen down and broken his hip. Should he retire? No. Especially with a brutal chamber match I think that spot just increased the intensity of the injury.

Everyone botches. No one is perfect. Big Show botched the RKO because he slipped. He botched the Codebreaker because that move doesn't fit for a 7ft man to sell.

Great point about the codebreaker. But being a trained professional Barrett should no how to catch someone and should also no his surroundings and how to protect his body at the same time, R-Truth was a part of that spot and he's fine. Big show should consider retiring he hasn't been watchable in my eyes since Lesnar was there. These days wrestlers can take him down with ease, any little move drops him to the ground, he's losing to people he has no business losing to. He's getting slower, and he's way to sensitive now, ala him crying over AJ.

Show is over. Show can go. Show is different than others. Show isn't that old.

No, he should not retire.

I think the more conscious he becomes about botching the more and more often he is going to mess up.

He is getting to retirement point, most guys his size would have folded years ago, so that alone is a testament to what he has achieved.

For years of service I'd say he deserves a sending off title run and dominant streak before losing the title to someone who he can pass the torch on to...

The dead season after Wrestlemania and Summerslam is probably the perfect time to do it too.

Poor guy. He's just a freak and he's been treated like that for a long time. He shouldn't be where he is, in the main event title picture. Probably he's just mad because of his 45 second or so title reign. That's what you get for worthing nothing. Now he's just hurting people around, I'm starting to believe in Daniel Bryan's words.

I just hope he loses again at wrestlemania this year.

You guys are fucking ridiculous. This is the absolute worst thread topic I've read for quite some time. A man who is we can widely consider a legend in his own right and is easily in the top 3 best Big Men in pro-wrestling history botches one spot and you guys think he should retire? Fucking ******ed, the lot of you.

The Big Show is far and away the most agile man of his size in the history of professional wrestling. Only a few other big men have even been in the same league as the Big Show, such as Vader and Andre. And considering the ever-growing size of Show, when was the last time you saw a man of his size get in better shape as the years went by? Take a look at some tape of the Big Show from three years ago and look at the shape he's in now; there is a MAJOR comparison.

The man is in CONSTANT improvement and puts effort towards keeping himself agile and in-shape. If anything, he's gotten better in every aspect of his game as the years have gone by. But he botches one spot and you're all crying bloody murder and saying he should retire?? You guys are fucking stupid.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, STOP MAKING STUPID FUCKING ASSUMPTIONS AND HORRIFIC THREADS LIKE THIS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back