• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shoot or Gimmick???

Gimmick Douglas never hired anyone to beat on HBK. Although I do remember a story of a bunch of wrestlers at a bar threatening some military guys thinking they could beat them and the military guys took them down big time and I believe HBK was one of the guys rumored to be attacked this may tie in. But still it sounds like bullshit to me.

Shoot or Gimmick return of the Four Horsemen where Ric Flair gave his teary eyed speech prompting Bischoff to come out of the back causing Flair to scream obscenities at him such as "ABUSE OF POWER ABUSE OF POWER!" and then the Horsemen were buried within like a month...

i'm pretty sure it was a work, but flair was speaking from his heart. i think that was the time when he and wcw finally settled there law suit. so they wanted to build off of it.

heres something i just noticed, in the first ecw one night stand, after the sabu vs rhino match, bill alfonso seems to be in sabus face as they walk up the ramp and sabu pushes him a couples times and yells back at him. or was this juss becuz of the supposed mole in the locker room incident.

can any old skool ecw fan help me with that one?

ill tell you some great shoots:

every promo Bret Hart and Michaels did on eachother - PURE SHOOTS AND REAL HEAT!!! THEY WERE INTENSE!!!!

Eddie Guerro demanding Bishoff out of this contract, PURE SHOOT!!!!

Vince Russo calling Hogan a PEICE OF SHIT AND STRIPPING HIS TITLE AT BASH AT THE BEACH, OH MY GOD BEST SHOOT EVER!!!!!!

1.The HBK/Hitman promos were real.The didnt like each for real(See Bret Hart on Wikipedia) and so the saw it as an oppoturnity to take shots at each other.And of course Vince exploited the situation&let them go at it.

2.Eddie's was one of those pre-planned shots where a guy says the truth(but his feelings had already been known backstage) Its kinda like when RVD& the Originals shot on Vince on ECW about him killing ECW.Eddie had accused WCW,Bischoff& Russo of being racists who didnt push latino wrestlers and opted for dinosaur talents like Hogan instead of the luchido new age style of Malenko,Beniot,Kidman etc.That's was what l.W.o and Filthy Animals were about.

3.The Russo one is still kinda suspect to me.The needed to give the title to Booker because WCW was again being accused of racism.And it actually put Hogan over to some degree.

How bout this one

Lawler on ECW calling it Extremely Crappy Wrestling and insulting it and such. Back in 96 when WWE and ECW were doing business sorta did Lawler actually mean all the stuff he said and him invading ECW to beat the hell out of Dreamer with Sabu and RVD then to call ECW a bingo hall full of shit. Was it all a work to bring ECW some more media attention or was it all a shoot? And also was RVD making announcements on ECW saying he was too good for them and that he should go to the "Big Two" because he was worth more money there. What was that all about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back