• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shoot or Gimmick???

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Okay, so this is kinda similar to the What If Game that went on in here. Same rules, different questions.

Pretty much you post a gimmick, storyline, bump, real life heat, whatever that is in the grey area of Shoot or a gimmick. Just answer and post another one.

So I ask this Question to start it off: Hollywood Hulk Hogan (NWO 96-98 Version), was this character a gimmick for TV, or a shoot, did Hogan actually feel this way?

Gimmick

Ok, I have a very strong opinion on this one but some people will argue:
Shane Douglas throwing down the NWA title and proclaiming the new era of the ECW??

Shoot for sure. No doubt in my mind. A lot of backstage heat on that one that I believe was real. Plus Heyman cooked it up...everything he did was a shoot.

How about this one that has been debated for years; the fued between Jerry Lawler and comedian Andy Kaufman. They went at it at house shows, talk shows...everywhere. This one is for the real wrestling historians.

Shoot for sure. No doubt in my mind. A lot of backstage heat on that one that I believe was real. Plus Heyman cooked it up...everything he did was a shoot.

How about this one that has been debated for years; the fued between Jerry Lawler and comedian Andy Kaufman. They went at it at house shows, talk shows...everywhere. This one is for the real wrestling historians.

gimmick,I'm pretty sure sometime last year lawler said it was all a gimmick

You're supposed to aska question, and yes, it was documented as a gimmick because Kaufman didnt really break his neck and they were friends in real life.

Now, here is a bit harder question:

New Jack blading Mass Transit. This lead to a lawsuit and ECW getting thrown off PPV later on. Shoot or gimmick?

Definately shoot, if you wanna call it that. Some inexperienced 17 year old got in the ring told New Jack to "give him color" and thats exactly what he did.

Forgive me, I can't think of a good question, somebody take mine.

This isn't much of anything, but what about Joey Styles' rip on Jerry Lawler last year when he jumped ship to the newly formed ECW. I've heard it was both, you be the judge.

Shoot.

What about Steve Austin and The Rock's real-life relationship ? Was their feud only a gimmick or partly a shoot ?

Shoot. I thihnk that there was some real life dislike between the two at first, but eventually at the end, they had tremondous respect for each other. You can tell early on though there was some sort of rift and I think that they even said it on some DVD's.

Shoot or Gimmick: The JBL character, is he really a racist and he feel the country was built on people with money, or is this just a really good character.

Gimmick. I don't think that JBL is really a racist deviant like on TV. I think that's him pushing it to the extreme.

The Matt Hardy/Edge/Lita love triangle story. They made it look like it was a shoot, but it could've easily been fabricated to fool the IWC. What do you think? Shoot or gimmick?

Shoot. Matt Hardy did get fired for that. Did Eric Bicshoff really want Vince to come kick his on live TV at WCW?:icon_evil:

Gimmick. Bischoff knew just by stirring that Taboo pot that it would garner interest amongst the fans. Now, he would have really loved if Vince showed up, think of the ratings.

Shoot or Gimmick: I have my reservations on the legitamacy of it, but the Hogan/Russo speeches at Bash at the Beach 2000. Was this staged or scripted?

BOTH! The first part (Jarrett lying down) was gimmick, there was to be some MILD Badmouthing (Russo is an idiot and wanted to play it off as "Everyone knows wrestling is "fake", so let's shock them this way) The shoot was when Russo made SEVERAL unscripted comments burrying Hogan.....Hogan did actually sue over this, becuase he had FUll control via his contract.

OK....Shoot or Work....Angle/TNA?????? How did it come to Bad Blood so quick???? Could WWE be trying to accelerate the Legitimacy of TNA????? Competition brings $$$$$$$

Shoot. Kurt was really hurt and wanted more than the WWE was giving him, he wanted title runs and to be on top and the WWE wasn't giving him that. I also believe he was hurt so bad the WWE wanted to send him away so if he did get killed or hurt worse they could avoid an Eddie or Owen like bad pr. But the E is not trying to aid TNA in anyway, Mcmahon wants to be #1 and would rather see it dead.

Shoot or Gimmick = Austin vs McMahon? Was this all a storyline or was there some real bad blood between them at one point?

This is probably the hardest one to answer i would have to say it started off as a gimmick but then maybe some parts turned into a shoot becuase austin did leave the wwe for a little bit in 1999 becuase of bad blood between him and vince.

shoot or gimmick? JBL's racaist tirade where he walks along the ring doing the nazi salute during a house show in germany

Shoot. WWE wouldn't plan some crazy stuff like that. that's too off the collar.

Shoot or gimmick, Heyman's "network shoot" on TNN?

Although it was set up as an angle with the whole network storyline, there was definately real resentment there and TNN simply wasn't paying attention half the time to ECW programming, i'll guarantee you that everyone of those comments he made were true.

Definately shoot.

Shoot or gimmick, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon's divorce?

Although it was set up as an angle with the whole network storyline, there was definately real resentment there and TNN simply wasn't paying attention half the time to ECW programming, i'll guarantee you that everyone of those comments he made were true.

Definately shoot.

Shoot or gimmick, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon's divorce?

Gimmick. IRL they are happily married and there was no hint that was real on any level.

Shoot or gimmick, Austins bad feelings towards Eric Bischoff.

Shoot: Austin felt, and even had the blessings of Flair, that he was going to be the next main event guy. I think Austin wouldn't have had a problem with Bischoff, because he realized it was a business, but the way it was handled was piss poor.

Shoot or Gimmick: Austin's feelings on Hulk Hogan, is he just saying it, or does he feel it.

Shoot, him and Bret Hart don't like Hogan (just watch the HOF ceremony of 2006).

Triple H hitting on Stephanie McMahon in 1999. Shoot or only a gimmick ?

: Gimmick. I dont think WWE would allow treatment to women such as that.
Shoot or Gimmick: Paul Heyman leaving WWE couple months ago. Real life heat or are they building up to something big.

:offtopic: Im always wonder how they do buried alive. Anyone know.

: Gimmick. I dont think WWE would allow treatment to women such as that.
Shoot or Gimmick: Paul Heyman leaving WWE couple months ago. Real life heat or are they building up to something big.

:offtopic: Im always wonder how they do buried alive. Anyone know.

Gimmick technically, he is still under contract, but they are paying him to sit at home, and not to go to TNA. Vince Mcmahon is burying any chance Paul has at a comeback though. And the buried alvive, i always figured they have a platform inside it and they lower it when the door is closed, but thatzs just a guess.

Montreal Screwjob, Bret knew or was this a real screwjob

omg defimetely a shoot bret didnt want to drop the belt to HBK in canada. the whole idea worked out perfect for vince for his ruthless mr mcmahon gimmick.
joey styles coming outing on raw and quiting his job as commentator i '06

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back