• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shattered Dreams

Con T.

Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy
I know this may come to be old news by about this time, and so be it. I'm in no particular position, being the noob I am and what have you, but something really bothers me of the way in which you're managing to carry yourself in just about every Kurt Angle thread out there. Let me get this straight; you're so fucking fixated on this persona you play on the internet (least I hope it's a persona, no man could possibly be this delusional without it being a work), that you see absolutely nothing wrong with Kurt Angle getting arrested, yet again, for a situation involving drugs (Yes, argue all you want, alcohol is a drug.) Let's go beyond Kurt as a performer, nothing bothers you about this action from Kurt the person? Or are you really that fixated on being the Forum Contrarian that you can't just take the stick out of your ass, and admit that something is wrong with Kurt, if not from a drug standpoint, than from a maturity standpoint? If you really see nothing wrong with what Kurt Angle has done to himself (no, not anything anyone did to him, what he did to himself), and you really are not concerned about Kurt the person, you have severe issues, man. Severe, severe issues.

How about two names. Eddie Guerrero, Brian Pillman. Both of these men suffered car accidents that eventually would lead them to a road of self destruction. Both of these men were said to be intoxicated at the point of their accidents, and both managed to bring about injuries they would never recover from. Read: They died from their actions, and the resulting pain pills they would take in recovery for their accidents, of course added to many other drugs. Kurt Angle is very fortunate right now, because all things considered, he could have wound up just like Eddie and Brian.

.... And yet, you still see no problem, whatsoever. You don't think that maybe Angle has plenty of maturity issues that should really be evaluated before he's allowed near a wrestling ring? Or at the least, that this situation is more of a big deal than you let on?

Shattered, as a fan, give up the contrarian act. Admit that this is more of an issue for Kurt than you would like to admit.

Never argued alcohol wasn't a drug and if you had a third grade reading comprehension level you could easily see the idea that I think there is nothing wrong with Angle getting arrested is incorrect.

Honestly, I don't know what you believe. You talk in fucking circles so much it's impossible to stick to the subject. That's why I tend to just steer clear now.

So, Kurt Angle gets in trouble with the law, and because it involves TNA, shattered dreams plays martyr and skirts around the issue via nitpicking and misdirection.

It is incredibly sad that that's just same ol', same ol'.

Can we play word association Nate? I do not have much of a problem with you FWIW.

I sat here for like 5 minutes trying to figure out FWIW meant.... For what it's worth? I don't have any real issues with you either, but you're infuriating to argue with so I just wont do it anymore.

But yeah, why not?

The issue was that Kurt was found in his car in the middle of the road smelling of alcohol. You somehow turned that into him being addicted to pills.

I'd ask you to tell me how you got there, but then we'd probably wind up talking about what constitutes "pill addiction".

Never argued alcohol wasn't a drug and if you had a third grade reading comprehension level you could easily see the idea that I think there is nothing wrong with Angle getting arrested is incorrect.

Then why are you pretty much the only one saying this isn't a big deal? As a matter of fact, you're big opening begins with pretty much, "hey, it isn't pain pills. In spite of what you all think". And some shit about not speaking about what we don't know.

Ok, all well and good.

1. Angle has had a run in with the law, involving a drug.

2. Angle has had a past history with drugs, enough so that his refusal to go to rehab cost him his job. In spite of what you may like to believe, Angle was fired because of his refusal for rehab. We can be sure in the past, he's had issues with drugs.

3. Wrestlers in the past have been involved in accidents on the road, especially while intoxicated, and the accidents effectively ruined their lives.

No, you actually don't acknowledge Angle has issues, because you're so fucking busy defending anything which may come as remotely attacking TNA. Instead, you take this defensive route which comes off as completely ignorant to the big issue, that at the least, Angle has major personal demons that affect his maturity, and are affecting his personal lives. People have died over Angle's issue, in his profession, and instead, you're making this into some debate that's completely irrelevant. Every time a TNA wrestler is in trouble, you in fact don't play martyr. There comes a time when you should be probably just shelve the internet gimmick, and accept there's a big problem involving one of your favorite stars, which is affecting his life.

Word association means the first word to come to mind, correct? If so, the first thing I thought of was cocaine.

Interesting I though of Shawn Michaels. No matter how big wrestlemania is we still think of individuals. Prowrestling audience psychology in a nutshell I guess.

Alcoholic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back