Shadowmancer's Wrestler of the Week

One of the first threads I posted on when I joined WZF was the "Best Heel Ever" debate. It was a spirited debate, and so many votes went to this man, Sergeant Slaughter. I voted Yokozuna, and I argued like a champ for him. I learned two things with that debate:

1. The greatest heels are the ones who hit emotions you never thought could be hit by professional wrestling. Slaughter was a good man, a "good guy" through and through. The decision to turn him 180 into an Iraqi Sympathyzer during Desert Storm was an amazing roll of the dice. They could have fallen flat on their faces, and Slaughter at any moment would have been perfectly within his rights to call the whole angle off for his own safety.

2. Slaughter made two of the most dramatic turns in the history of professional wrestling. Think about it. Slaughter wasn't just a pro wrestler, he was a damn pop culture icon with G I Joe! Turning from an American Hero to Iraqi Sympathyzer was sports-entertainment's version of treason! Fans went from cheering him to mailing in death threats. Who else can make this claim other than Hollywood Hulk Hogan?

Slaughter reinvigorated the patriotism of professional wrestling fans for the first time since The Iron Sheik and Nikoli Volkoff. The next person to do it was Bret Hart in the US vs Canada feud. These were landmark events in professional wrestling. A great deal of credit goes to Hulk Hogan, but I as well as many people on this board believe the heel makes the face better than the face makes the heel, and Slaughter's commitment to his character- burning American flags, waiving Iraqi flags, and joining with men like "General Adnan" and "Colonal Mustafa" may not make him the greatest heel of all time - but damn sure in the top 5.

Terrible wrestler. And part of one of the worst angles in history. The Gulf War ended before Mania. WWF decided to not acknowledge this. How stupid is that? Not very. It's Wrestle Mania damnit. The show must go on.

Although on a positive he's dropped a lot of weight. Although on a negative he looked better as a fat ass.

I haven't really enjoyed many of his matches, but I thought his character was great and that is what made him a legend, his Sargeant gimmick. WWF/E made a gutsy move by making him betray the U.S. and join the Iron Sheik, it was a very controversial thing to do at that time and we will never see anything like that from the WWE ever again(the last thing similar to this was Muhammad Hassan and look how that turned out). Overall a decent worker that was commited to the business, but he will never be as big of Legend as the likes of Ric Flair, Taker, HBK, Hulk Hogan, and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I felt Like Listing all of the Wrestlers of the Week that Have been done again.

Week 01: Masato Tanaka

Week 02: Raven

Week 03: Alex Shelley

Week 04: Shawn Michaels

Week 05: The Bushwhackers

Week 06: Chris Jericho

Week 07: Tom Billington

Week 08: Bruno Sammartino

Week 09: Steve Corino

Week 10: Ricky Steamboat

Week 11: Triple H

Week 12: Jushin "Thunder" Liger

Week 13: Rob Van Dam

Week 14: Delirious

Week 15: Owen Hart

Week 16: Eddie Guerrero

Week 17: Booker T

Week 18: Lance Storm

Week 19: Claudio Castagnoli

Week 20: Mitsuharu Misawa

Week 21: Jeff Jarrett

Week 22: Bob Backlund

Week 23: CM Punk

Week 24: Masahiro Chono

Week 25: Abdullah the Butcher

Week 26: Christopher Daniels

Week 27: Kurt Angle

Week 28: Abyss

Week 29: Jimmy Jacobs

Week 30: Mick Foley

Week 31: Kid Kash

Week 32: "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig

Week 33: Little Guido/Nunzio

Week 34: The Honky Tonk Man

Week 35: Sgt. Slaughter

Week 36: Kenta Kobashi

Week 37: Edge

Week 38: Christian Cage

Week 39: Edge and Christian
With the exception of Week 5 the 5 and 10 position have all had big names. With Slaughter and Mick Foley being the laest of those two. Again this is interesting to see as to who I have and have not done yet.

This weeks Wrestler of the Week is: Kenta Kobashi

Kenta-kobashi.jpg

Finishing moves

-Burning Lariat (Running lariat / Short-range lariat / Short-arm lariat)
-Brainbuster

Rarely used finishing moves

-Burning Hammer (Inverted Death Valley driver)
-Burning Hammer II / Wrist-Clutch Burning Hammer (Wrist-clutch side Death Valley driver)
-Orange Crush (Vertical suplex powerbomb)
-Black Crush (Vertical suplex cutter)
-Diamond Head (Spinning one shoulder sitout ganso bomb)

Signature moves

-Multiple chop variations:

• Burning Sword (Kobashi bends the opponent backwards and hits a backhand chop to their chest, dropping them down to the mat back first)
  • Machine Gun Chop (Rapid knife edge chops to the chest of an opponent in the corner)
  • Backhand
  • Kesagiri -Sometimes performed multiple times in rapid succession as a short-arm attack
  • Discus backhand chops / Kesagiri chops, often to finish a series of chops
  • Overhead
  • Chop drop
-Brainbuster (No finisher verson)
-Sleeper hold suplex
-Half nelson suplex
-Jackknife powerbomb pin
-Turnbuckle powerbomb
-DDT, usually on the outside or on the ramp
-Double underhook DDT - Early 1990s
-Diving leg drop - Early 1990s
-Moonsault - Early 1990s
-Leg cradle suplex - Early 1990s

Championships and accomplishments

All Japan Pro Wrestling

-AJPW All Asia Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with Mitsuharu Misawa (1), Johnny Ace (2) and Tsuyoshi Kikuchi (1)
-AJPW Triple Crown Championship (3 times)
-AJPW Unified World Tag Team Championship (6 times) – with Mitsuharu Misawa (2), Johnny Ace (2) and Jun Akiyama (2)
-Champion's Carnival winner in 2000
-World's Strongest Tag Team League winner in 1993 – with Mitsuharu Misawa
-World's Strongest Tag Team League winner in 1994 – with Mitsuharu Misawa
-World's Strongest Tag Team League winner in 1995 – with Mitsuharu Misawa
-World's Strongest Tag Team League winner in 1998 – with Jun Akiyama
-World's Strongest Tag Team League winner in 1999 – with Jun Akiyama

Pro Wrestling NOAH

-GHC Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
-GHC Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Tamon Honda

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
-PWI ranked him # 4 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1996.
-PWI ranked him # 4 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2000.
-PWI ranked him # 33 of the 500 best singles wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2003.
-PWI ranked him # 6 of the 100 best tag teams of the "PWI Years" in 2003 with Mitsuharu Misawa.
-PWI ranked him # 4 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2004.

Tokyo Sports Grand Prix
-Best bout award in 1997 - vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, All Japan Pro Wrestling, October 21, 1997)
-Best bout award in 1998 - vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, All Japan Pro Wrestling, October 31, 1998)
-Best bout award in 2003 - vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Pro Wrestling NOAH, March 1, 2003)
-Best bout award in 2004 - vs. Jun Akiyama, Pro Wrestling NOAH, July 10, 2004)
-Best bout award in 2005 - vs. Kensuke Sasaki, Pro Wrestling NOAH, July 18, 2005)

Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-5 Star Match: with Mitsuharu Misawa & Toshiaki Kawada vs. Jumbo Tsuruta & Masanobu Fuchi & Akira Taue (All Japan Pro Wrestling, May 22, 1992)
1992 Match of the Year (Tsuyoshi Kikuchi vs. Doug Furnas and Phil Lafon)
-5 Star Match: with Tsuyoshi Kikuchi vs. Dan Kroffat & Doug Furnas (All Japan Pro Wrestling, May 25, 1992)
-Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2002)
-Most Improved Wrestler award in 1990
-5 Star Match: with Mitsuharu Misawa & Toshiaki Kawada vs. Jumbo Tsuruta & Akira Taue & Masanobu Fuchi (All Japan Pro Wrestling, October 19, 1990)
-Most Outstanding Wrestler award in 1993
-5 Star Match: vs. Toshiaki Kawada (All Japan Pro Wrestling, April 14, 1993)
-5 Star Match with Mitsuharu Misawa & Jun Akiyama vs. Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue & Yoshinari Ogawa vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (All Japan Pro Wrestling, July 2, 1993)
-5 Star Match: vs. Stan Hansen (All Japan Pro Wrestling, July 29, 1993)
-5 Star Match: vs. Steve Williams (All Japan Pro Wrestling, August 31, 1993)
-5 Star Match: with Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue (All Japan Pro Wrestling, December 3, 1993)
-1994 Most Outstanding Wrestler
-5 Star Match: with Mitsuharu Misawa & Giant Baba vs. Masanobu Fuchi, Toshiaki Kawada, & Akira Taue vs. Stan Hansen (All Japan Pro Wrestling, February 13, 1994)
-Tag Team of the Year award in 1995 - with Mitsuharu Misawa
-5 Star Match: with Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue (All Japan Pro Wrestling, January 24, 1995)
-5 Star Match: vs. Toshiaki Kawada (All Japan Pro Wrestling, January 19, 1995)
-5 Star Match: with Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Steve Williams & Johnny Ace (All Japan Pro Wrestling, March 4, 1995)
-5 Star Match: with Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue (All Japan Pro Wrestling, June 9, 1995)
-Performer of the Year award in 1996
-Match of the Year award in 1998 - vs. Mitsuharu Misawa
-5 Star Match: vs Mitsuharu Misawa (All Japan Pro Wrestling, October 31, 1998)
-Best Wrestling Maneuver award in 1998 - for the Burning Hammer)
-Match of the Year award in 1999 - vs Mitsuharu Misawa
-Tag Team of the Year award in 1999 - with Jun Akiyama
-Wrestler of the Year award in 1999
-5 Star match: vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (All Japan Pro Wrestling, June 11, 1999)
-5 Star match: with Jun Akiyama vs. Mitsuharu Misawa & Yoshinari Ogawa (All Japan Pro Wrestling, October 24, 1999)
-Match of the Year award in 2003 - vs. Mitsuharu Misawa
-Wrestler of the Year award in 2003
-5 Star Match: vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (Pro Wrestling NOAH, March 1, 2003)
-Best Box Office Draw award in 2004
-Match of the Year award in 2004 - vs. Jun Akiyama
-Wrestler of the Year award in 2004
-5 Star Match: vs. Jun Akiyama (Pro Wrestling NOAH, July 10, 2004)
-Best Box Office Draw award in 2005
-Match of the Year award in 2005 - vs. Samoa Joe
-Wrestler of the Year award in 2005
-5 Star Match: vs. Samoa Joe (ROH Joe vs. Kobashi, October 1, 2005)

Matches:

Kenta Kobashi Vs. "Dr. Death" Steve Williams

Kenta Kobashi Vs. KENTA

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Takao Omori

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Toshiaki Kawada

Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiozaki Vs. Doug Williams & Jun Akiyama

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Masahiro Chono pt.1
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Masahiro Chono pt.2
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Masahiro Chono pt.3
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Masahiro Chono pt.4

Kenta Kobashi & Masanobu Fuchi Vs. Jimmy Snuka & Tito Santana

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Cactus Jack

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Mitsuharu Misawa pt.1
Kenta Kobashi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa pt.2
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Mitsuharu Misawa pt.3
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Mitsuharu Misawa pt.4

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Vader pt.1
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Vader pt.2
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Vader pt.3

Kenta Kobashi & Tamon Honda & Yoshinobu Kanemura Vs. KENTA & Takeshi Morishima & Mohammed Yone pt.1
Kenta Kobashi & Tamon Honda & Yoshinobu Kanemura Vs. KENTA & Takeshi Morishima & Mohammed Yone pt.2
Kenta Kobashi & Tamon Honda & Yoshinobu Kanemura Vs. KENTA & Takeshi Morishima & Mohammed Yone pt.3

Kenta Kobashi & Johnny Ace Vs. Barry Windham & Justin Bradshaw

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Jun Akiyama

To Get around the Youtube Age Restriction thing for people that can't be bothered getting an account I will be putting the age restricted ones up like this.

Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa & Akira Taue Vs. KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji & Mushiking Terry
[youtube]O5nWvUK8Zb0[/youtube]

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Kensuke Sasaki pt.1
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Kensuke Sasaki pt.2
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Kensuke Sasaki pt.3

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Jun Akiyama pt.1
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Jun Akiyama pt.2
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Jun Akiyama pt.3
Kenta Kobashi vs. Jun Akiyama pt.4

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Ares

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Minoru Suzuki

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Tiger Mask II

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Stan Hansen pt.1
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Stan Hansen pt.2

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Mohammed Yone

Kenta Kobashi & Junji Izumida Vs. Akebono & Takeshi Rikioh

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Johnny Ace

Hopefully you watch the matches and post your thoughts on one of the greatest to ever step foot in a ring.

Tom Billington is my favorite wrestler. But Kobashi in my opinion is the greatest wrestler of all time. And absolute legend. Brilliant worker. I doubt many people on this forum will know of him, or will contribute to this thread. But if they havn't ever seen his matches then they should give a few a go.

If you only watch one match in this thread then my suggestion is:

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Jun Akiyama pt.1
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Jun Akiyama pt.2
Kenta Kobashi Vs. Jun Akiyama pt.3
Kenta Kobashi vs. Jun Akiyama pt.4

Now Jun Akiyama is a WOTW I want to see.

Shadow thank you so much for taking your time doing this every week it's by far and away my favorite thread. It allows us to get to see wrestlers that we sometimes forget about. I wait every week for this to come out so please keep it up.

As for this week's: WOW. I've heard of Kobashi before but this guy is amazing. THose chops are freaking scary. I usually get bored by matches more than 15-20 minutes long but i can't tear myself away from these. A truly great legend.

Hell yeah. Kenta is the shit, man. Watching him reminds me of why I fell in love with puro in the first place. A definite candidate for my top 10. Guys like this are perfect representatives of what strong style is all about and why even the most harsh critics of professional wrestling must admit that there is some athleticism in the business. Maybe not in the cartoony bag of horseshit that American wrestling can be at times (I'm looking at you Vince...you dumb ********er), but definitely in Japan. This guy also took as much shit in his matches as he'd dish out. I still cringe every fucking time I see him take that Tiger Suplex from Misawa off the rampway. I remember when I first watched it, I swore he'd be going through a table. Then the camera pans back just in time to see him hit the goddamn floor. Good choice, Shadow.

I heard Kobashi was the real deal in professional wrestling, but I didn't really look much into it until now. He is a F'N Wrestling God, not JBL lol. If anybody wants to see pure wrestling than look no further, Kobashi has got it all and he definitely ranks up there with the best. I will be watching more of his matches later(I already watched three and they were great), very good choice Shadowmancer.

The Misawa match might be the best I've ever seen in the nearly 20 years I've watched wrestling. The crowd was so into it and it was anyone's guess as to who was going to win until the end. Also seeing Kobashi against Vader was great, as it showed just how strong Kobashi really is. Which of these matches do you think is the best and give reasons.

I really Like The Match with KENTA it is a sort of passing of the tourch match, as Kobashi being the best of the Old and KENTA being what could be the best of the New. However It is probably not the best match. The Match against Jimmy Snuka look at the Ref and see who it is, you will recognise him for other reasons. I was tempted to leave this match until Kobashi gets back from his time off for treatment of Cancer.

I agree about hte KENTA match I just finished it. I haven't seen much of him as I am very new to Japanese wrestling, but from what I've seen he is amazing. It is truly a testament to both of them as I have no idea what is being said on commentary but I get the story they are trying to tell.

The think with KENTA is that Japanese fans primeraly prefer bigger wrestlers. They don't go for the whole smaller, underdog thing. The passing of the torch doesn't work like that in Japan. Give a Japanese fan a choice between a bigger and smaller wrestler and they'll chose the larger. They still appreciate the smaller wrestlers, but they like them to stay in there own division. Not that that's a problem because there both portrayed relatively evenly.

This is the first in a series of 3 Wrestlers of the Week. The First two are singles Wrestlers and the 3rd is the Tag Team, this is because of how related the two mens careers have been since they have been in the Public Eye. I speak of course on Edge and Christian.

This weeks Wrestler of the Week is: Edge

200px-EdgeRatedRSuperstar.jpg

Finishing and signature moves

-Spear
-Edgecution / Impaler DDT / Buzzkiller / Concussion on Delivery (C.O.D.) (Lifting DDT)
-Edgecator (Kneeling inverted Sharpshooter)
-Downward Spiral (Leg hook reverse STO)
-Edge-O-Matic (Sitout rear mat slam pin)
-Face Plant (Half nelson bulldog)
-One man con-chair-to
-Diving crossbody
-Electric chair facebuster
-Flapjack
-Missile dropkick
-Reverse DDT
-Russian legsweep
-Spinning heel kick
-Top rope hurricanrana

Managers

-Gangrel
-Lita
-Terri Runnels

Nicknames

-"King Edge the Awesome"
-"Mr. Money in the Bank"
-"The Rated-R Superstar"
-The Ultimate Opportunist

Insane Championship Wrestling

-ICW/MWCW Mid-West Unified Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Psycho Joe Sampson
-ICW Streetfight Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Christian Cage

Outlaw Championship Wrestling

-OCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Psycho Joe Sampson

Southern States Wrestling

-SSW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Christian Cage

World Wrestling Federation | World Wrestling Entertainment

-WCW United States Championship (1 time)
-WWE Championship (2 times)
-WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Rey Mysterio
-WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)
-WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (11 times) - with Christian (7), Chris Benoit (2), Hulk Hogan (1), and Randy Orton (1)
-World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
-King of the Ring (2001)
-Mr. Money in the Bank (2005)
-Mr. Money in the Bank (2007)
-Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion

Promos:

Cutting Edge Money in the Bank Special

Edge and Lita Promo

Edge beats up Cena Snr.

Edge makes Ric Flair Joke

Edge makes another Ric Flair Joke

Edge is Coming Promo

Edge & Lita Backstage

Edge & Lita in Jonathan Coachman's office

Edge meets Lita & Victoria backstage

Edge Rapping

Edge Vacating the World Title

Matches:

Edge Vs. Jose Estrada

Damon Striker (Edge) Vs. Meng

Edge Vs. John Cena

Edge & Rey Mysterio & John Cena Vs. Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero

Edge Vs. Triple H Vs. John Cena pt.1
Edge Vs. Triple H Vs. John Cena pt.2
Edge Vs. Triple H Vs. John Cena pt.3

Edge Vs. Batista Vs. Chris Jericho pt.1
Edge Vs. Batista Vs. Chris Jericho pt.2

Edge Vs. Chris Benoit Vs. Eddie Guerrero Vs. Kurt Angle

Edge Vs. Kane

Edge Vs. Matt Hardy

Edge Vs. Chris Jericho

Edge Vs. John Cena

Edge Vs. Batista

Edge Vs. Ric Flair

Edge Vs. Shawn Michaels

Edge Vs. Batista

Edge Vs. Mick Foley

Edge Vs. Randy Orton

Edge & Randy Orton Vs. Triple H & Shawn Michaels

Edge & The Rock Vs. Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit

Edge Vs. Chris Jericho

Edge Vs. Matt Hardy

Excellent choice Shadowmancer I've been waiting on you to do Edge. He's one of my all time favorites. The collection of promos might actually be better then the matches themselves. Can't wait for Christian and then the team version. TO everyone else that reads this thread, of all the matches and promos listed which are your favorites of each?

For me it's the relinquishing of the title and the triple threat with HHH and cena. The relinquishing because that's one of the funniest heel moves i've ever seen: making your own tribute video? No wonder he's the future of the company. The match on the other hand was because I ws there nd it was my first ppv live. Good match also which I wasn't really expecting from those 3. Thoughts? Thanks again shadow.

I love this choice, for wrestler of the week. I can't say enough about the man himself, & he's my 2nd all-time favorite Superstar. (Behind, but in all likelyhood tied now, with Shawn Michaels) I'm also not into books, or reading very much, but I have to admit, I bought his autobiography, & it was extremely entertaining.

I never knew of his "debut" in W.C.W., & I don't even recall that in his book. I love your collection of Edge matches, I've seen most all of them, the ones I haven't seen I'll get around to watching. (Hopefully they won't be removed by that time) Finally, were these ALL the promos you could find with Edge? Or were they just the "best" ones you could find?

They were all I could really find on YouTube as it is really hard to find them by going through Edge and Adam Copeland. I did other stuff as well, But It is difficult to find singles matches from the pre-Mainevent/ Pseudo Main Event. While he was a singles wrestler.

There really wasn't much to edge before he and christian hit the big time anyway. There was the brood where they were just henchmen and then the begin of their feud with the hardys. I hardly remember anything about him until after the brood left the ministry

Edge, one of my favorites. He is very popular these days because of the great way he uses his character(and he also pulled a huge surprise at NYR 2006 where he was the first to take the WWE title away from Cena), he is the best at making the fans hate him and not to mention he is very good in the ring. He had a lot of memorable matches, especially the ladder matches which is his specialty. I can see him getting many more title reigns before his career is over and he will be a future Hall of Famer no doubt. After his big heel turn at Taboo Tuesday 2004, I am surprised that they even turned him face because he plays an excellent heel and has that crazy psychotic look on his face lol. Great pick Shadowmancer.

What a great chioce with Edge, he is probably the best heel in WWE right now, and easily in my top three for favorite WWE wrestlers right now, He is one the few that has both good ring and promo skills, he makes you love to hate him and is unlike anyone else in WWE right now, he works well in any type of match and with just about any opponent, I hope that he gets the WHC back when he returns, cause he is by far the best thing on SD!, I'm really looking forward to seeing him feud with Taker (since this looks to be happening) and hopefully he'll feud with Rey also, again great choice, I can't wait for the next two WOTW!!

Great choice with Edge. Your video collection of his matches and promos is superb. This man is SmackDown! because without him there's really nothing special on that show. I mean Edge cuts amazing promos, has great heel heat, has a suiting gimmick, and to top it of he is one of the best current wrestlers in WWE. I'm really looking forward to his feud with 'Taker, I hope WWE will treat us with a Edge/MVP feud, that would be great. Anyway can't wait for the next two choices!

Edge is a great choice for WOTW, he is in my opinion the best heel in the WWE at the moment, he can wrestle and can cut amazing promos. Can't wait to have him back, his rumoured return feud with Undertaker will be amazing.
He's a funny guy as can be seen from his E&C days and even on the Cutting Edge he's hysterical.

Shadowmancer, you freakin' Rock! I was hoping you'd pick my boy Edge this week, with his return and all, and you did not fail me. I am ordering Survivor Series just so I can see Edge return. Of course, I also wanna see the HIAC Match, but Edge is the highlight of the night, I'm calling it right now. Best Heel in the Business today. He's like a more aggressive, vicious version of Roddy Piper. Seriously, When was the last time there has been a heel as thouroughly despicable as Edge? Answer- NEVER! And that's why we love him! I mean, no offense to Christian or anything, I mean, He's a great wrestler. But he completely relied on Edge to bring some flavor during their tag team days. Edge probably had to teach Christian how to talk on the mike. And now, they're possibly the best two heels in Wrestling... but Edge is better.

I won't say how Edge is amazing in the ring because, quite frankly, he's not. However, I think that, right now, there's no one in the business that can put on a better gimmick match than the Rated R Superstar. I'll be honest, I was more excited to see his debut than Jericho's. By far. Could be the fact that it was much better hidden, of course. Ooh, WWE just got burned!

Then there's the microphone skills. I've got to say - although people may think I'm being biased - Edge has the best in the business right now. A guy has wacky character and people spout off with "ZOMG, he so gd wit da mic!", but Edge actually comes across very well. He speaks fluently and fluidly, like everything he says is spontaneous, and can be hilarious and despicable simultaneously.

Like many others, I expect his feud with Taker to be pure gold. Definitely an excuse for me to watch SmackDown!

The Next in my series of three

This Weeks Wrestler of the Week is: Christian Cage

Christian20061020.jpg

Finishing and signature moves

-Unprettier (WWE and TNA) / Impaler (WWF) (Wrist lock inverted double underhook facebuster)
-Frog splash - TNA; Used as tribute to his late friend Eddie Guerrero
-One man con-chair-to
-Reverse tornado DDT
-Reverse DDT / Diving reverse DDT
-Spike DDT
-Gutbuster
-Inverted facelock neckbreaker
-Missile dropkick
-Sitout inverted suplex slam
-Spear
-Cloverleaf

Managers

-Kenny Bolin
-Gangrel
-Lita
-Terri Runnels
-Trish Stratus
-Tomko

Nicknames

-Creepy Little Bastard / C.L.B. (WWE)
-Captain Charisma (WWE/TNA)
-The Instant Classic (TNA)

East Coast Wrestling Association
-ECWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Insane Championship Wrestling

-ICW Streetfight Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Sexton Hardcastle

Pennsylvania Championship Wrestling

-PCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling

-NWA World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)

World Wrestling Federation | World Wrestling Entertainment

-WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (3 times)
-WWF European Championship (1 time)
-WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (9 times) – with Edge (7), Lance Storm (1) and Chris Jericho (1)
-WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)
-WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Promos:

Christian Cage speaks on his actions

Slammiversary Interview

The Rock & Christian

Christian Raps on Main Eventers

Christian Raps on Cena

Christian Talks to the Peeps

Christian Talks to Vince

Christian Promo at Wrestlemania X8

Christian Cage Promo

Christian Cage and Jim Cornette

Christian Cage and AJ Styles Backstage Promo