Second Round: San Francisco - Diamond Dallas Page vs. Batista

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Diamond Dallas Page

• Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.
One was a LMS match. Farthest thing from clean I've ever seen, and this isn't an LMS match. In standard singles matches, which this is, it's an even series.

Cena, like you build DDP up to be, is a man of grit and heart. Very comparable. And Batista broke his neck and handed him one of his only post 2004 clean loses.

Fact is, Batista doesn't lose often to give guys big, career defining victories. In fact, it's happened twice. As stated above, against dominant figures who have a larger place in the history of the biz than DDP.

Why does DDP stand more of a chance than them? I don't see it.

This "big stage" stuff means nothing. Fuck, it's round two...

Did he not compete within the rules of the match, and win with no outside intereference? Clean. I find it humorous you guys continue to bring up Cena, when Cena has a winning record against batista, one at WrestleMania, and the only match Batista won against Johnny boy was one were the guy had a broken friggin neck.

DDP Doesnt stand more of a chance. However, all the guys you named have BEATEN Batista clean, some more than once, on the bigger stage, on the higher profile matches and cards. IE, when it counted most. Character does that for you. Not breaking someone's neck.

Fuck rights the stage counts. THIS IS THE WZ TOURNAMENT BABY!!

Taker beat Tista at WM. Clean.

Cena lost a match were he broke his neck. he holds a 2-1 record against Batitsa overall, both wins clean.

The backlash one, clearly.

He isnt wresltling any of those guys though. He is wrestling DDP. So, even though your debating tactic means fuck all, since all the guys you named for the most part have winning records against Batista, namely on the bigger stages (of which the WZ tournament is), it really means nothing, becuase this match is against DDP, in his prime, not those guys.

So stop side stepping with half truths and used car salesmen tactics, if you don't mind.

What would you consider to be WCW's equivalent of Wrestlemania. I'd think it would be Starrcade. He's beat Curt Hennig, The Giant, and David Flair.

The only wrestler to have a winning record against Batista in his prime would be Cena. HHH is 0-3 against him, HBK is 1-1, Undertaker is 1-2, and Orton is 1-2 I believe.

I'm sure during the match with Cena, Batista didn't think "Oh shit, he might have broke his neck." He thought, "I'm going to win this match." Batista didn't know his neck was broken during that match until after the match so you shouldn't be holding it against him.

How in the living fuck could you not hold it against him? Do you even read what you write? i dont give a SHIT what he was "thinking" HE BEAT A GUY WHO HAD A BROKEN NECK :lmao:

Once again, I point out the winners of the more high profile, decisive matches. I find it hilarious the two guys you all are using most are two men who have utterly whipped Batista in their biggest matches. Are you arguing for me, or against me?

Once more though, he isnt wrestling any of those guys, he is wrestling D-D-P...toooooooooooooooooo COOL

Did he not compete within the rules of the match, and win with no outside intereference? Clean. I find it humorous you guys continue to bring up Cena, when Cena has a winning record against batista, one at WrestleMania, and the only match Batista won against Johnny boy was one were the guy had a broken friggin neck.
I get the feeling you're trying to make it a knock against Batista that Cena broke his neck.

To be clear, Batista broke Cena's neck in kayfabe. Cena worked a lengthy handicap match the next night and suffered his injury at a house show during the week. The decision to put Dave over had nothing to do with Cena's injury. Which he hadn't sustained yet.

DDP Doesnt stand more of a chance. However, all the guys you named have BEATEN Batista clean, some more than once, on the bigger stage, on the higher profile matches and cards. IE, when it counted most. Character does that for you. Not breaking someone's neck.
Batista beat Rey Mysterio, a man with character, at Survivor Series. Big stage.

Batista beat Eddie Guerrero on his birthday in his home state. Biggest non-WrestleMania stage I can think of. You wanna talk character? Born Again Christian. Yep.

Batista beat Triple H three times. Even if Triple H lacks character, I'll gladly sacrifice the Backlash win to say he does have character.

Who says Batista doesn't beat men with character on big stages?

I get the feeling you're trying to make it a knock against Batista that Cena broke his neck.

To be clear, Batista broke Cena's neck in kayfabe. Cena worked a lengthy handicap match the next night and suffered his injury at a house show during the week. The decision to put Dave over had nothing to do with Cena's injury. Which he hadn't sustained yet.

Batista beat Rey Mysterio, a man with character, at Survivor Series. Big stage.

Batista beat Eddie Guerrero on his birthday in his home state. Biggest non-WrestleMania stage I can think of. You wanna talk character? Born Again Christian. Yep.

Batista beat Triple H three times. Even if Triple H lacks character, I'll gladly sacrifice the Backlash win to say he does have character.

Who says Batista doesn't beat men with character on big stages?

Er, well if we are going the "wel he 'won" this match and this match" Surely we are within kayfabe then? Batista broke his neck, and no less, beat a man wih a broken neck. his only vicotry over the man.

I am larger than Rey Mysterio. As is DDP.

I spent my birthday in afgahnistan last year. As I, and Eddie Guerrero can tell you, birthdays aren't really all they are cracked up to be. Hardly a Wrestlemania stage.

Triple H in no way had any character during that feud, and thusly, was smoked by batista. Hardly the grit, character, and resourcefullness of a DDP.

Hey, fuck guys. If you are gonna vote Batista and argue it with me, then use something viable. I dunno that whole "Batista is much bigger, stronger, faster, and has likely accomplished much more in the sport" wuld be good places to start. Not using what he did against OTHER people (not DDP) who he also lost to, decisevly, on bigger stages than he won. Please.

I'm voting for Batista on principle here. DDP should not have advanced from the first round and I'm still bitter about it...

Batista has better tattoos, he has a nose ring (which not many guys can pull off), and he has brown eyes.

Aside from the overwhelming evidence that I have already presented, I'm throwing out the same arguement that got DDP to this round: Batista has won more meaningful championships. Love him or hate him, Batista has been a major player in the WWE world title scene pretty much since he debuted. He is a WWE champion several times over and never seems to lose steam. He gets a reaction from the crowd regardless of the role he is playing (he is probably better than he has ever been right now), he is able to cut a decent promo and he is more exciting to watch than DDP has ever been.

Go Bastista Go

I have yet to see a compelling argument as to why Batista should go over DDP here. Every one that sniffed of merit has been brutalized. Yet, Batista is winning. Shows how much people actually think around here.

Yeah, this is a travesty. DDP worked his fucking ass off to put his dent in the wrestling business. Batista was just in the right place at the right time. DDP clawed his way ti the top. He did so by just being himself. He was a true people's champion and gave the fans someone to believe in.

Batista has just been about size and right place, right time. After Orton didn't work out, the fans needed someone else to clamor too. They immediately went to Batista's side and then after the hype was gone, people started hating Batista.

Anyways, in the ring, DDP owns Batista in every way imaginable, from speed to heart, to charisma, to fan support. DDP is just better, and he did it on his own. Don't believe the Bischoff stories.

I can't believe I forgot about this:

Batista got cut from the WCW Powerplant.​

It's true. Yet, DDP was one of the guys that emerged from the powerplant and was able to make himself a star. He's arguably the most successful product to come out of the WCW Powerplant.

Because Batista got cut from that same training program.....Vote DDP. SELF HIGH FIVE!

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!

Ricky just sealed up why Batista should lose, if of all places the power plant throws your ass out. You might as well rethink your career. I really am sorry to Coco, but DDP really trumps Batista in almost every conceivable way. DDP should win this, we need the voted, COME ON PEOPLE!!!

I can't believe I forgot about this:

Batista got cut from the WCW Powerplant.​

It's true. Yet, DDP was one of the guys that emerged from the powerplant and was able to make himself a star. He's arguably the most successful product to come out of the WCW Powerplant.

Because Batista got cut from that same training program.....Vote DDP. SELF HIGH FIVE!

Let's see, WCW also fired Steve Austin, Triple H, and Mick Foley. They also fired Scott Hall and Kevin Nash only to take them back after they became stars in the WWF. Forgive me, but I'm not taking WCW's failure to recognize potential into consideration.

If anything this is another argument for Batista. Those fighting for DDP admire how he fought his way from the lower mid card to the top. Well Batista fought from even further down to make it even higher up.

WCW had many flaws in recognising talents because many of the people in charge had their own agendas.

Brain, your rebuttal to Ricky's failed because Batista got cut from the Power Plant. They didnt fire him after using him on TV or giving him a title run like any of the names you mentioned.

I always believed the Power Plant was generally considered a success. And Batista's emergence doesn't change this in my mind.

And Batista didn't come from lower down, just because he got cut. They both started off late and became stars.

I cant remembered who I voted - I hope it was DDP - but I don't like poor arguments.

The argument is that WCW cut Batista from the Powerplant, while DDP PWND the face off the Powerplant. If Batista failed and DDP excelled....DDP wins. Vote Page.

WCW had many flaws in recognising talents because many of the people in charge had their own agendas.

Brain, your rebuttal to Ricky's failed because Batista got cut from the Power Plant. They didnt fire him after using him on TV or giving him a title run like any of the names you mentioned.

I always believed the Power Plant was generally considered a success. And Batista's emergence doesn't change this in my mind.

And Batista didn't come from lower down, just because he got cut. They both started off late and became stars.

I cant remembered who I voted - I hope it was DDP - but I don't like poor arguments.

You consider Ricky’s power plant argument a strong one? Please. The list of graduates from the power plant is a who’s who of mediocre low card wrestlers. There are a few exceptions and DDP is one, but to use this as an argument is laughable. By this logic guys like Sick Boy and Lodi are better than Batista. I guess Sam Bowie beats out Michael Jordan since Bowie went higher in the draft.

I'm going to judge this match from a kayfabe standpoint, since neither man has ever been regarded as a master technician in the ring. Both men have enjoyed great success as main-eventers, with a few solid matches against tough opponents.

Batista came from Evolution, alongside some of the best the business has ever seen: HHH, Flair, and Randy Orton. Compared to Page, he has defeated more major stars in his career: HHH, Orton, Cena, Undertaker, Jericho, and more. At first, he was a crowd favorite simply because he rose up against his mentor, HHH. However, dislike for him grew because of his cocky attitude, and cowardly attacks against crowd favorites like Cena and Rey Mysterio.

DDP, like many have said, toiled in the midcard for years before breaking into the main event. He had a few World title runs, and had solid matches against many of WCW's main-eventers: Goldberg, Luger, Savage, Hogan, etc. He was consistently a crowd favorite, even when matched up against top faces like Goldberg. He was the leader of his own heel stable, the Jersey Triad, with Kanyon and Bam Bam Bigelow at his disposal. As leader of the Triad, he displayed a good tendency to play mind games. This gives him a slight edge over Batista in my opinion. Plus you have to factor in the unpredictability of the Diamond Cutter.

My vote goes to DDP. With more experience in the business, in all types of situations, his guts and determination allow him to hit the Diamond Cutter out of nowhere for the pin.

Everyone has their favorite way of determining winners during this tournament. Some try and view it as a kayfabe matchup between the two. Some base it on who their favorite is. And some base it on who they feel is the more 100% packaged pro-wrestling superstar... which also happens to be my method.

If I'm basing this in who is a better overall superstar, I have to give it to DDP. Page was more accomplished over the years and had an incredible career. While Batista made his mark in pro-wrestling, I doubt that people will remember him over DDP. Page's successes helped to keep WCW on the map while Batista was riding the coattails of Evolution.

Granted, Batista has the power and agility to make a kayfabe match between the two interesting. But Batista has too much setup required to hit the Batista Bomb while DDP can hit the Diamond Cutter out of nowhere, similar to Randy Orton.

I have to vote for DDP here.

I didn't get to this poll in time to vote, but I had decided to give my vote to DDP. Crap.

Although my vote wouldn't have helped much anyway. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back