First Round: San Francisco - Sid vs. Batista

Discussion in 'The Tokyo Region' started by klunderbunker, Apr 19, 2010.

?

Who Wins This Matchup?

1. Sid

2. Batista

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

This is a first round matchup in the San Francisco Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated.

[​IMG]

Sid

[​IMG]

Vs.

Batista

[​IMG]

Voting is open for 4 days.

2. INDYjon22

INDYjon22 Nome is where your heart is

Power versus power in this match. Sid was a very solid performer who has a very sick power bomb. The problem is Batista's power bomb is better. Batista is a little stronger and a little faster in my eyes and seeing as this match is brute strength against brute strength that would give Batista the edge. In what will probably be a hard hitting, sloppy match Batista will come out on top.

3. Ferbian

Ferbian Has Returned.

Batista, damn straight, even if he could be boring as a face, and unable to wrestle very good matches in the ring at all time, I still think the brutality and sheer force of Batista makes up for it in every way, this guy has had an incredible rise from a rookie alongside Evolution to the multiple World champion he is today, that's what I think is more than enough to back him past Sid here.

4. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

Two psychotic heels with incredible power and who use power bombs as their finishers. This is one of the matches that make this tournament so exciting.

Sid has beaten and lost to everyone. The guy's been on top and bottom so many times it would make your head spin. But his skill, experience, and power make him a wild card in every match because he's capable of winning any match at any time.

Batista seems to be the more consistent power wrestler in this pairing. He had more speed and agility and seems to actually be more technically sound than Sid. Plus, I believe his version of the power bomb is the better version.

In a very close match, Batista takes it.

5. Blade

Blade "Original Blade"

Both huge power guys. But there's one major difference.... Batista is better. Both kayfabe and otherwise. In reality, he's had some very, very good matches, far more than Sid ever had. And considering Sid was around for longer, that says quite a bit. And kayfabe, well Batista has beaten everyone there is to beat. He's beaten Triple H, he's beaten Orton, he's beaten Cena, he's beaten Undertaker (who Sid couldn't beat) and all the wins were clean. And lastly, Batista's world title reigns have been better than either of Sid's.

So yeah, vote Batista.

6. Steamboat Ricky

Steamboat Ricky WZCW's Living Legend

Sid is the more versatile wrestler, here. Not only can he hit you with the powerbomb, but he also carries a chokeslam in his arsenal.

Batista has a sweet entrance (the best of all-time, pre-heel), but other than that, Batista is a bigger, slower, less athletic version of Sid, who cannot intimidate on the mic quite like Sid can.

Also, Sid can wrestle in jean shorts...meaning that he is the man.

7. pun2003hh

pun2003hh BUILDING KICK!!! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Kinda like looking into a mirror. I give it to Batista based on the fact that he has had a stronger connection in the crowd then Sid did during his prime. Sid shined in ECW as the psychotic monster, but his runs in WWE and WCW were underwhelming.

Giving this one to Big Dave.

8. Theo Mays

Theo Mays Part Time Poster

Ahh yes a heavyweight wrestling fans dream. Two big heavyweights squaring off in the middle of the ring. Sid is psycho and crazy, Batista is articulate and money driven. Both guys are pretty identical in skill. Sid has the height advantage, but Batista has the strength advantage. In the end I'm going with Batista. Given that this tournament winner will get some big dollars Batista is going to go in and try to destroy Sid. He won't destroy the big man, but he will get the victory.

9. SHAYAN_CENA_Y2J

SHAYAN_CENA_Y2J Occasional Pre-Show

They are similar in many ways , but I think Batista is the better one.

He had had more good and memorable matches than Sid , and for a 6-month period could be the face of industry.He is also faster and can do more moves than Sid.Batista would win this match.

10. FunKay the Inevitable

FunKay the Inevitable People Like Me, We Don't Play

Both are big brutish ex-enforcers who know the Powerbomb very well so this is tough but I give the edge to Batista. he beat Triple H on three PPV's straight while Sid had problems taking Michaels down just the once. batista has beaten the face of the company TWICE. Batista picks up the W to me.

11. Cena's Little Helper

Cena's Little Helper Mid-Card Championship Winner

I can't stand Batista. Objectively speaking, Sid Vicious is pretty much the Batista of the 90s, but, his promos scared me as a kid and I remember seeing one match of his on WWF Superstars where he crushed a jobber, put him on a stretcher, and flung the stretcher into a guardrail...awesome stuff.

Ultimately, I really don't care who wins this match; hopefully, though, the winner won't advance past the next round.

12. GenMe

GenMe GenMe

Wow this right here will be my dream match in real live. Like every else before had post, this is a power versus power match. Sid put on decent matches back in the WCW era, He was a monster heel and he would destroy any one who got on his way. His face run was kind of stale he never got any reaction from the crowd, nobody was giving him any love at all.

Batista also puts on decent matches, He only put on good matches when he is facing a great opponent. His face run was good, tons of wrestling fans used to cheer for him. Now as a heel IMO he's doing a great job, He gets alot of heat from the fans and now no one likes him.

Now my vote here goes to Batistas, he still has a long way to go and I'm sure that he will accomplish more in the near future.

13. Hulkamaniac

Hulkamaniac Vote Hogan, Savage, Rocky and Thesz

Definitely Sid. Bigger man, and stronger, and his powerbomb looked INFINITELY moer vicious then batista's, I'm shocked people are picking Batista's Sit-Out Powerbomb over Sid's Release. Sid literally THREW people down, as opposed to Batista falling with them. Batista is probably more agile, but Sid is stronger and cut a more intense/bad-ass promo, whereas Batista's tend to be more whiny. Sid: "I will rip your beating heart out of your chest!"; Batista: "I should be the face of the company! WAHHHHHH!!!"

Also, Sid is fucking insane. He stabbed Arn Anderson with scissors and attacked Brian Pillman with a fucking squeegee. Who would you bet on?

VOTE SID!

Steamboat Ricky likes this.
  14. ScreaminNormanSmiley

ScreaminNormanSmiley formerly ScreaminNormanSmiley

for me this one goes to sid. they are both powerhouses and in my opinion they both did their best work as a heel.sid just always seemed much more intimidating to me and thats what you need in a monster heel.

15. this is an absolute war batista is going to take this because sid never really had a prime if he did it didnt last very long as he frequently did jobs and batista is an unstoppable force for months at a time batista goes over here with the batista bomb to finish it

16. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Batista will win this because he's a heel now, which means he's good. That line of thinking is ******ed, but in this instance, it's picking the right choice for the wrong reason. Batista has managed to beat all of the big names of his era, something Sid never managed to do in his earlier years, despite nominally being a top name. Batista has felled more guys that are bigger than him/of similar size than Sid did, and for that reason he should go over here.

17. TLC

TLC Yeah, bitch! Magnets!

Both are really the same type of character. Both are big, strong guys who look intimidating as fuck. Both are former world champions and both are quite shit. I'll probably give my vote to Batista as he has a better track record against main event talent unlike Sid who lost the majority.

18. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

Like Tasty hinted at, it'll be interesting to see how far Dave gets into this thing due to the heel turn. I've hammered how much more I enjoy him as a heel, but realistically, he's a 2 or 3 round runner in this tournament.

As far as Sid, I loved this guy growing up. His problem is the era in which he performed. I really didn't care for his early runs in WCW, or the WWF, but his return in 1996 was awesome. To Sid's credit, I believe he is the only guy to take World Championships off of both Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart.

Then you get to Batista. As much as I slam the Batista hatorade, the man simply beats the hell out of everyone he faces. I can't recall anyone person that has a winning record against Dave Batista. Possibly the Undertaker, but I'm not sure. The guy simply wins matches. Name a big name from the last five years, and chances are Batista has multiple victories over him.

Two very similar guys, but Batista's resume is more impressive.

19. shattered dreams

shattered dreams Hexagonal Hedonist

Sid might have went over less main event talent in his time but when he was wrestling the main event guys were a lot better than what we have now. If there were not two different world title pictures do you really think Batista would have been at the top so often? When thinking about that consider Batista's ability or lack thereof to get over on Raw before this heel turn? In power vs power matches the most intimidating guy usually takes it. Psycho Sid was way more intimidating than batista as a face, which he would have been in his prime. Sid's injury is even more visually impressive.

20. Razor

Razor crafts entire Worlds out of Words

Sid has a powerbomb, and a snapped leg jumping from the top rope horridly wrong.

Batista has a list of people he has beaten that spans the greats of this era. He's beaten everyone from Orton to the Undertaker to John Cena. He (admittedly kayfabe) broke John Cena's neck because of that powerbomb spot they did in Summerslam. He also has wins over Edge, Triple H, Shawn Michaels...basically anyone important in the past..I'll say 5 years or so. I'm almost certainly undershooting that, but it's better to undershoot than drastically say that Batista beat everyone from 2000 onward.

As Shocker said already, Batista simply wins matches. Doesn't really matter though, because he's going out in the next rounds anyway.

21. FromTheSouth

FromTheSouth You don't want it with me.

Batista wins here. He is a better wrestler, better athlete, and more psycho than psycho Sid.

Sid, in my opinion, if the single most overrated piece of trash in the history of wrestling. He got opportunity after opportunity because of his look, but failed.

Batista, on the other hand, is a beast. He moves well in the ring and is just plain fucking crazy. Batista is more skilled than he gets credit for. He pulled a decent match out of Khali for goodness sake!

22. Thriller Ant

Thriller Ant Beep Bop Boop

FTS pretty much said it all. Sid was never very good and Batista, as much as he gets hated on, is a pretty good power guy. Spinebuster and Batista Bomb will end a pretty ugly power vs. power matchup.

23. jmt225

jmt225 Global Moderator

Both these guys suck, but Batista sucks a little more than Sid, so Sid gets my vote, basically just because of that, and because I fucking loved the matches Sid had against Shawn Michaels.

But yeah... that's basically my reasoning. And even in a kayfabe match, I think Sid would defeat Batista. They're both giant *****es, but Sid is still the more intimidating pussy and I just think he would over power Batista and hit his signature Powerbomb before Batista could hit his shitty one (not that Batista could hit it on Sid in the first place, as I've seen him fuck up the move on much smaller wrestlers than Sid in the past).

24. Mr. TM

Mr. TM Throwing a tantrum

I think Batista was more dominate in his era than Sid was in his, probably because Sid was second fiddle to NAsh for a lot of his time in the WWF and WCW. I liked him in the WCW a lot more than in WWF however, not sure why. But I Think Batista is more of an athlete than Sid Vicious ever was, so I pick him.

25. ZeroVX

ZeroVX 2-Time WZCW Mayhem Champion

Both of these guys are pure power wrestlers, and have held world titles. They've both been the top faces as well as the top heels at one point or another. Both of them can look very intimidating under the proper circumstances. The thing is, Batista has been able to pull out good matches every now and then, while Sid's matches are largely unimpressive. Look at Batista VS Undertaker and Wrestlemania 23, then look at Sid VS Undertaker at Wrestlemania 13. While it could be argued that Taker carried both men, there's only so much one man can do. Batista beats Sid here.