First Round: San Francisco - Christopher Daniels vs. Ric Flair

Discussion in 'The Tokyo Region' started by klunderbunker, Apr 19, 2010.

?

Who Wins This Matchup?

1. Christopher Daniels

2. Ric Flair

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

This is a first round matchup in the San Francisco Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated.

[​IMG]

Christopher Daniels

[​IMG]

Vs.

Ric Flair

[​IMG]

Voting is open for 4 days.

2. INDYjon22

INDYjon22 Nome is where your heart is

Daniels is solid but Ric Flair is one of the greatest wrestlers and performers ever. He would run circles around Daniels. Flair would out wrestle, and out class Daniels in this match, and there is nothing wrong with that. Losing to one of the best is not so bad. The winner is Ric Flair.

3. Ferbian

Ferbian Has Returned.

It's quite clear no matter how ridiculous Ric Flair is acting as of late, in his prime, and throughout the majority of his career he's been wrestling great matches, putting on 30-60 minute matches for a long period of time, and winning championships like no other.

I'll give Daniels, he's good in the ring, he's underrated if you ask me, but he's no Ric Flair, absolutely amazing on the microphone, nothing can take that away from him, and he's wrestled classics all over the world for 3 top promotions throughout over 30 years..

4. pun2003hh

pun2003hh BUILDING KICK!!! EXPLOSIONS!!!

It's sad that Daniels drew Flair in the first round. I think Daniels' in ring work in the indies is unmatched by anyone at that level, but Flair tore up territory after territory in the 80s and tore it up on a national level in the early 90s. Flair is one of the few guys that can say his prime period of his career lasted well over 10 years. I give it to Flair in this one.

5. Thriller Ant

Thriller Ant Beep Bop Boop

As good as Daniels is, Ric Flair is Ric Flair. This match would be surprisingly good, but a Figure 4 gets the submission victory for the Nature Boy.

6. Sharp_Shooter

Sharp_Shooter Dark Match Winner

Ric Flair walks out with the beautiful WCW championship around his waist, accompanied to the ring by Woman & Liz, wearing his immaculate pink & purple robe with the shoes & trunks to match. He's the champion, but doesn't mind coming out 1st for this occasion. Why you ask? Because as the cameras head to backstage, we see Double A, the Crippler, & Flyin Brian standing over an injured Daniels! Flair wins the match without taking off his robe because Daniels can't answer the bell.

Dirtiest player in the game baby!

7. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

Flair's an expert at getting his ass kicked and getting out by the skin of his teeth. Via draw on many an occasion. Given that one doesn't advance via draw here, I have an instinct to vote against Flair in every round of this tournament as I'm sure if Flair had to go with no time-limit, no way-out, man-to-man with many men in this tourny, it'd be a toss up almost every time. Flair would look superior to no man.

8. GenMe

GenMe GenMe

Christopher Daniels haven't accomplished nothing in his wrestling career. On the other hand Flair is a walking legend. Flair has been champion in all of the wrestling business he has work for. There for my vote goes to the Nature Boy. And of course this match here is a walk in the park for Ric Flair.

9. Blue Chipper

Blue Chipper Shapeshifting Humanoid

Christopher Daniels is a very entertaining worker, but in Flairs heyday, had they encountered, he would be dwarfed and overwhelmed by him. Ric Flair would have wrestling clinics with everyone, and most of the time, he'd walk away with a victory and the gold. While Daniels is an exciting star with great abilities, Ric Flair would defeat him decisively much like how he routinely defeated every major worker in the 80's.

10. SHAYAN_CENA_Y2J

SHAYAN_CENA_Y2J Occasional Pre-Show

Greatest wrestler I've ever seen in TNA vs. one of the 3 guy which i assume as greatest of all times.For sure Daniels is not a loser and can wrestle a good match , but I don't think he can survive Nature Boy.Flair will advance to next round.If someday these two would face each other it would have the chance to be a classic.

11. TLC

TLC Yeah, bitch! Magnets!

I love Daniels and think he is a phenomenal worker but he is no Ric Flair. Ric Flair in his prime beat some of the best there was but Daniels in his prime never got past the mid card. I'm sure this match would actually be really good but I don't see a way of Daniels moving past Flair.

12. Rhonda Rousey's Sports Bra

Rhonda Rousey's Sports Bra Kinda Sorta Old School

Ric Flair all the way with this match. Daniels has no chance what so ever, this is Ric Flair he is going up against, the 16 time World Champion. Flair is in a class of his own, and Daniels is way over matched, Flair wins by submission via Figure 4 Leg Lock.

13. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Daniels isn't a bad wrestler, but he really isn't much to write home about. He has a habit of winning when it doesn't matter, and losing when it does, which is pretty much the opposite of Flair. I doubt Flair would look at all dominant at any point in the match, but that doesn't stop the outcome being any more of a certainty, Flair wins.

14. I absolutely love daniels but how does anybody put him over flair in the from 83-94 you just cant do it in that time flair beat vader savage hogan hennig race rhodes luger sting rude hall and thats just a few he is also an innovator of the most kick ass match ever WARGAMES flair takes it easy

15. Mr. TM

Mr. TM Throwing a tantrum

A much as I love Danielson, he won't win here, he couldn't even win the TNA title, so how can he beat the guy that won like... Well weeill just say 16 titles in WWE, WCW and in a few months TNA. Not checking the poll, but I bet Flair is winning, and despite my hatred or him, I can't vote against him.

16. Theo Mays

Theo Mays Part Time Poster

I can't stand Daniels (unless he is Curry Man, then he entertains me a bit). All he is to me is a guy who can do a nice moonsault. Putting my hatred aside Flair has this one. Even if Daniels was my favorite wrestler he stands no chance against Naitch. This match will rank pretty high on the squash-o-meter. Naitch gets Daniels in the Figure Four and it is bye bye Chris.

17. ZeroVX

ZeroVX 2-Time WZCW Mayhem Champion

Daniels is one of the best wrestlers today. His in-ring abilities are incredible, his promo skills are vastly underrated, and he can play an excellent heel when the situation calls for it. The thing is, Ric Flair is....well, Ric Flair. He may not be the original Nature Boy, but he is the best. His in-ring abilities allow him to wrestle instant classics with virtually anyone. He can play the cowardly heel like no other. He's known for having wrestled sixty-minute matches every night, sometimes twice. Daniels is what I consider the biggest "should've" when it comes to winning the TNA world title, but he can't compare to Ric Flair. Vote to the Naitch.

18. It's...Baylariat!

It's...Baylariat! Team Finnley Baylor

It's Ric Flair. Why all the hate for someone who was able to become one of the most respected wrestlers of all time. He can wrestle the 60 minute match, he can duel in a cage, in a weapons match, and can do a street fight, too.

Daniels would be no match for Flair simply because the experience and ring skills aren't up to par with Flair. Flair can hurt you in many, MANY ways. And once the leg of Daniels is worked on, The Fallen Angel will be grounded and that's where Flair gets the job done and takes him to school.

SPACE MOUNTAIN... ALL NIGHT LONG! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Vote Flair.

19. Muffin Top Merkley

Muffin Top Merkley Be a man!

Flair had the nicer robe.

The only reason this match would be a good show is because Ric Flair made it one. Ric Flair's experience will prevail over Daniels as he is out-wrestled and out-classed.

20. Mantaur Rodeo Clown

Mantaur Rodeo Clown X-Pac Rules

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah Ric Flair with the win. He's one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, and would be more than a handful for many of the guys in this tournament. Whtheter Daniels is talented or not doesn't enter the equation.

21. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

Like there's even a question in most of our minds...

Ric Flair has beaten them ALL, and we're even talking about during his later years in wrestling when he was a flabby, old, sweating, bleeding, lisping wildcat aligned with Triple H, Batista, and Orton in Evolution.

What has Daniels done to even be in the same league as arguably one of the greatest performers of all time?? Yup, nothing.

Vote Flair.

22. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

I honestly don't know why I'm posting this, because I doubt I'll have to sway anyone's vote.

I really enjoy Daniels, but this is Ric fucking Flair, probably one of the top 5 most recognizable names in the history of wrestling.

Flair has beaten all the big names in the industry from the 70's to today. He can beat you clean, he can beat you dirty, he can beat you at age 60. Seriously, he ran through MVP, Mr. Kennedy, Orton, Umaga, and William Regal the year before he retired. That's a pretty impressive list for a guy who's nearing real life retirement age.

Seriously, there's no reason not to vote Ric Flair through in this round.

23. Suneeboy

Suneeboy Big Boot, Leg Drop, 1....2....3

Who voted Daniels? Sheesh. Flair here and its not even competition. Daniels was just released for crying out loud.

24. RVDgurl

RVDgurl Mrs. Danielson

I'm a huge fan of Christopher Daniels and it's a shame that he draws Ric Flair in the first round. As good as Daniels is, he's not Ric Flair. Ric Flair was the best in the game back in the mid '80s and very few can claim to have ever been on that level. He's been a success his entire career and still manages to be entertaining while wearing an eye patch and sitting in a wheel chair.

25. Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg Stay in school and don't litter.

Is there even a contest here? Flair wins. He has done so much more for every company he has been in. Being a household name, he made almost every company he was in look like a real competitor. He is a 16x world champion, and has wrestled for most of his life. What has Chris Daniels done? Well, nothing to significant.

Flair all the way.