Round 2, Day 5

Angle vs. KENTA

• #1 Kurt Angle

• #33 KENTA

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KENTA is great, but Kurt Angle is probably my sure fire lock for Wrestler of the Decade. Give KENTA a couple more years to develop, and he probably becomes one of the ten greatest wrestlers ever, he's that good in the ring. That beign said, Kurt Angle is about as good as it gets when it comes to in ring ability.

Dusty has always been pretty smart in that ring. I'll give the experience advantage to the former NWA champion. Morton is probably the overall better wrestler in the ring, but like Shadow said, all it takes is one squarely placed Bionic Elbow, and this match is over. I'm going with the American Dream.

Punk has no chance in this match. Punk is good, but he has never had anything great in his career up to this point, (ducks the onslaught of Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk). Baba is another guy, when you look outside of the WWE Vision most seem to have, that trancends the business. Plus you add the size of Baba, Punk can't win.

Malenko is called the Iceman for a reason. Snuka can't fluster the guy, hell, no one can get in the head of Dean Malenko. The guy methodically wears people out, and I dare say he does a better job at picking a body part apart then even Bret Hart. All it takes is for Snuka to screw up once, and Malenko moves on to the next round.

The Undertaker just destroys Justin Credible, who should have lost to Luger in the first round to begin with. The Undertaker is more hardcore then Justin Credible. The Undertaker's reign as Hardcore champion had more credibility then Justin Credible's reigns as ECW champion. The Undertaker wins without breaking a sweat.

This one is about of a no brainer as it gets. For all the IWC's love affair with Danielson, it means nothing when he goes up against a legit name in Harley Race. Harley Race, as I said in round one, is the guy taht Flair and triple H modeled themselves after. Race wins, and it's not even close.

Damn this, damn these matchups. Someone like Ricky Steamboat is going home in round two when someone like Jeff Hardy is going to make it to the next round, damn it damn it. Steamboat is so damn good but I have to agree, I don't think he has the right moveset or anything in his arsenal to take the big man off of his feet. If Steamboat can extend the time of this match, then it obviously favors him. I just think that Steamboat can't make it that far, and it's a damn shame that he goes home in round two.

I had to go with the Sarge. MVP has never been in an environment like this, and I really think that the Sarge can exploit that. Sure, the bootcamp matches were shit, but they were just bloody brawls, and that's one thing the Sarge does good. I think the shellshock of the situation is enough to eliminate MVP.

honestly, I think MVP would be able to get "hard" here and "go back to the 315" and get hardcore with Sarge. Nobody can really say either way how he would react here, becuase he has never been here, but we all HAVE seen the mean streak that MVP has, so I think he could hold his own. And even still, his cheating tactics would all be totally legal here, so he could do them qith a higher frequency. That, and I feel that MVP is pretty superior to Sarge in just about every catergory. True sarge was able to draw crazy heat, but look at the situation, the times, and the angle he was given to run with. Just about anyone with the ability to carry and Iraqi flag around, and diss america could have done the same, plus he was matched against Hulk Hogan, who can get ANYONE over as a heel when battling them. MVP draws his heat off of being fuckin badass, and having great charisma. MVP FTW

Honestly, I dont think this would be THAT easy for Yoko, but what most everyone has said, is the absolute truth. Steamboat has no chance. I think he would make it interesting, as he isnt just a high flyer, but one of THE great high flyers of ALL TIME. I think he makes this interesting, but finally gets caught in the end. Yoko is just too big, too strong, too good. Yoko in 12 to 15.

WHO the FUCK voted for the Justin Credible??????? are you fucking KIDDING me???

The Undertaker, in his prime would DECIMATE Justin Credible. match would go as follows:

Taker removes his hat. Credible whacks him with a kendo stick. Undertaker stares at him into his face without flinching, with a look that says "what the FUCK was that??? I am the FUCKIN UNDERTAKER YOU FOOL". throat thrust. chokeslam. tombstone. 6 minutes tops. then buckets.

Undertaker has MORE than proved himself in hardcore enviornments, and while credible was pretty good in E C DUB in WWE terms, you are talking about a jobber, against an all time top 5 legend. Especially bakc in his Zombie, doesnt feel pain micheal myers days. UT. Convincingly.

Malenko is incapable of frustration. It's not an emotion he has nor understands. He didn't leave WCW because he was frustrated with the booking - he left because Perry Saturn felt it'd be a bad idea for Malenko to kill Eric Bichoff and promised to buy him a sandwich. That's all.

Motherfucker, you just gave me another quote to sig.

The Iceman cometh. And whipith som assith.lol

But seriously, there is no way Snuka Frustrates Malenko here. Dean just keeps biding his time until Snuka is vulnerable, and then schools him on the mat. I, personally, feel that Snuka was really just a precursor to Jeff Hardy, and the others people call "spot monkeys"....from what I have seen, he wasnt real adept with technical skill, nor did he sell well, his match with taker at WM 8 is abysmal. the only thing anyone really remembers snuka for was his leap off the cage. sounds pretty Hardyish.

On the other hand I can think of about ten FANTASTIC Dean Malenko Matches off the top of my head. I will always be pissed at WWE for wasting him. DEAN MALENKO was the BEST of the Radicals. Not Gurrero. Not Benoit. YEA, I fuckin said it. Many will probably disagree, but its my opinion. In the heyday of the cruiserweughts on Monday Nitro, and WCW saturday night, many of his matches were consistently incredible contests.

I'm fine with KENTA going out to Angle. If this tournament is based on wrestling talent he's going out to the eventual winner anyway. Angle is probably the greates all rounder of all time. Best in every single aspect.

Baba was a boring wrestler. There was nothing spectacular about him, average I'd say. But Punk is special. Some people don't like his style. Why? He uses everyone elses. Sure he's unoriginal but what does it matter when he has decent matches. I admit his WWE run has been a dissapointment. But I don't feel it's the right promotion for him. That's not a knock the same could have been said for Baba.

Danielson is only overrated because everyone values him so highly. Race was excellent. But other than his feud with Flair and a maybe a few others there's nothing much to remember about him. And Shocky said it. HHH aped Race. That's enough to knock Harley out of this thing. That's no way to honor somebody you admire. By becoming boring and samey? How dare you.

I like MVP but as a newcomer I don't want him to get far. But he's against Slaughter. Who was just terrible. I honestly couldn't name one entertaining thing about him. Hig Hogan angle was in poor taste. Necrophelia is fine. But exploiting wars and tragedies is not. His best match in my opinion is the Vengeance one against Deuce & Domino. And I only liked that because of how bad it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back