• #9 Dean Malenko

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#8 CM Punk vs. #9 The Man of 1000 Holds Dean Malenko

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is a TNA match, all matches are in a six sided ring)
3. Will crowd be a factor. All matches take place in Pittsburgh, PA
4. This is the last round for non gimmick matches.

I went with Punk, but it's a coinflip. Malenko is amazing in the ring, but so is Punk. Malenko never really was given a chance to shine on the main event stage, save for his brief time in the Horsemen. Punk is getting his chance, and is doing as best as he can to grasp it, but WWE really doesn't fit his style. In TNA, where he would be allowed to wrestle his style I think he could pull off a victory, but if it goes the other way I wouldn't be suprised a bit.

I think Malenko is the clear winner here. Some will probably point out his lack of titles, but honestly, what has CM Punk done. He's accumulated a cult following of indy fans. I hate to say it but winning the ECW Title (as property of WWE) means nothing. I can't see Punk going over Malenko at this point.

I picked Malenko, i could not see Punk winning this one, they both have really nothing to show, Punk has ROH titles, but that means nothing, and the ECW title is like the equivalent of the US Title., Malenko has won that, and is like a technical wrestling machine. I see Malenko hitting the double underhook powerbomb, and then transitioning it to the cloverleaf. I see Punk tapping out after like another solid 15-18 minute match.

If CM Punk beats Dean Malenko, ill jump out of a fucking window. CM punk is very good, and probably one of the top ten guys they have right now, but that doesnt mean Malenko isnt superior to him in just about every way possible. Some may say that Malenko isnt as charasmatic, but being charasmatic doesnt mean having catchphrases, cool music and tattoos. Malenko was charasmatic in his own cold, calculated way. Malenko is much better than ANY smark could say Punk is right now. Malenko, by a lot.

Malenko has forgotten more moves than CM Punk will ever know. And I'm not dising Punk. I like him and think he's got one hell of a future. But Malenko is very high on my list of truly outstanding technical stars, and ranks up there with others such as Benoit and Hart as technicians that always brought their A-game.

Malenko, but Punk will be there in a couple of years.

Pretty much the general consensus is correct. CM Punk is good, and has tons of potential, but Dean Malenko has probably forgotten more about wrestling then CM Punk knows. Dean Malenko is fucking awesome, and it's going to be one helluva match next round. Punk in a valiant effort, but Malenko takes him out easily.

Punk will achieve more in wrestling. But he'll always hove his doubters. Malenko on the other hand is loved by pretty much everyone. He'll never be anyones favorite wrestler but he'll never be anyones most hated, like Punk.

Not true, Dean Malenko is now my favourite wrestler. I'm waiting to see if the high of seeing his astonishing matches will fade, before I replace Kurt Angle with him as my official pick to win this thing. Seriously, I'm that fucking amazed right now. I can't believe I'd never truly seen this guy wrestle before.

Punk's impressive, no doubt, but if Dean Malenko can keep Rey Mysterio (when he was good) down, he'll kill Punk in minutes. Kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back