Round 3, Match 5: #3 Ric Flair vs. #14 Sabu!

Flair vs. Sabu

• #3 Ric Flair

• #14 Sabu

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#3 The Nature Boy Ric Flair vs. #14 Sabu

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is a TNA match, all matches are in a six sided ring)
3. Will crowd be a factor.
4. This is the last round for non gimmick matches.

Ric Flair was an average wrestler whose fame far exceeded his actual ability. He worked the same illogical match, with poor psychology every where he went and when given a chance to draw on a national stage he flopped big time because his true talent was on display regularly in front of a national audience, and nobody bought his schtick for very long. His acclaim comes from guys like Meltzer and his obvious bias towards anything Flair, despite the fact Flair was the head guy of the sinking NWA ship. Ric Flair is entirely overrated.

With that being said, Flair is going up against Sabu, so Flair wins this one in a walk.

As overrated as Flair (allegedly) is, he's a god in wrestling. Sabu rarely did a real wrestling move outside of a moonsault, and therefore stands next to no chance here. Flair goes for the knee and locks in the figure four, only to be stabbed, hit with a chair or cut with barb wire by sabu, leading to the dq win for Naitch.

Ric Flair was an average wrestler whose fame far exceeded his actual ability. He worked the same illogical match, with poor psychology every where he went and when given a chance to draw on a national stage he flopped big time because his true talent was on display regularly in front of a national audience, and nobody bought his schtick for very long. His acclaim comes from guys like Meltzer and his obvious bias towards anything Flair, despite the fact Flair was the head guy of the sinking NWA ship. Ric Flair is entirely overrated.

With that being said, Flair is going up against Sabu, so Flair wins this one in a walk.

Thank God you had the sense to at least know Flair will detroy Sabu. He goes for a flying move flairs to the crocth then goes after those legs. Now to your comments Please go and watch a Flair vs Sting from Clash of the champions, just about any Steamboat/Flair match and tell me he's overrated. I don't know if you're a hogan fan or by your subname a Bret Hart fan which I assume that doesn't mean that Flair is overrated. I give Hart all of the credit in the world. He, Flair, and Michaels are the only men who can make anyone look great. Please tell me you were kidding with your remarks.

What? Excuse me? WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Did you REALLY just say that Flair was an average wrestler who had poor psychology and couldn't draw?

Wow. I can't even deem that with a response. Seriously? No drawing power huh? Damn I must've imagine those 40,000 plus that showed up every time Flair defended his title at a big show. Ric Flair was the biggest draw in wrestling outside of Hulk Hogan in the last 25 years, easily.

Seriously, did you just decide to come in here and make something completely up?

Flair is the golden standard of in-ring excellence. If you think otherwise, then I'm sorry, you clearly just hate anything that is good.

Seriously, how is Ric Flair overrated in any way shape or form? You ask anyone who's ever been involved in the wrestling business, and I guarantee you every last one of them would spit in your face for even suggesting such a thing.

Un-freakin-belivable.

Flair takes this easy.

Thank God you had the sense to at least know Flair will detroy Sabu. He goes for a flying move flairs to the crocth then goes after those legs. Now to your comments Please go and watch a Flair vs Sting from Clash of the champions, just about any Steamboat/Flair match and tell me he's overrated.
Did you actually read what I said at all?

I don't know if you're a hogan fan or by your subname a Bret Hart fan which I assume that doesn't mean that Flair is overrated. I give Hart all of the credit in the world. He, Flair, and Michaels are the only men who can make anyone look great. Please tell me you were kidding with your remarks.
Why can't I be a Hogan fan and a Hart fan and be allowed to call Flair for the overrated worker that he was?

What? Excuse me? WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Did you REALLY just say that Flair was an average wrestler who had poor psychology and couldn't draw?
Yes.

Wow. I can't even deem that with a response. Seriously? No drawing power huh? Damn I must've imagine those 40,000 plus that showed up every time Flair defended his title at a big show.
When did the NWA consistently draw 40,000 people to their shows?

Ric Flair was the biggest draw in wrestling outside of Hulk Hogan in the last 25 years, easily.
Surely you are kidding...

Andre, Austin and Rock all drew way more than Flair ever did, and that's not even debatable. No, seriously, it's not debatable.

Flair is the golden standard of in-ring excellence. If you think otherwise, then I'm sorry, you clearly just hate anything that is good.
The gold standard huh? Explain then why Ric Flair has been a national failure every time he was given the opportunity. Sure, Ric could go from small time NWA promotion to small time NWA promotion, wrestle there and then leave again, never staying long enough for one territory to see how overrated he was. That's the reason why he was successful in the territory days. When he set foot on the national stage, he was exposed as the average worker he really was. He was given probably the second biggest push in WWF history at the time, and bombed. Bombed big time.

He went back to WCW, and bombed, and bombed big time. Flair bombed in WWF and bombed in WCW. The WCW NEVER turned a profit until Hulk Hogan came along. And, when Hogan came, have you ever noticed how Flair just kept fading farther and farther into the background of importance?

Seriously, how is Ric Flair overrated in any way shape or form? You ask anyone who's ever been involved in the wrestling business, and I guarantee you every last one of them would spit in your face for even suggesting such a thing.
Would you care to ask Bret Hart? Randy Savage? When you can tear your head away from watching Meltzer suck Flair's crotch, then get back to me.

Flair takes this easy.
I agree 100%. Flair takes this easily. For all the ways he's overrated and for all the average work Flair has done, it far exceeds anything Sabu could think about doing.

Ric Flair has been an embarassment for at least the last ten years. 93 was the last year he did anything of quality. But in a regular sanctioned match, he easily defeats Sabu, who outside of chairs and violent spots, had little to no skills. Flair takes this fairly easily.

93 was the last year he did anything of quality.

I beg to differ. His work in 1995's G1 Climax Tournament in NJPW with people such as Chono, Mutoh and Hase was easily his best in ring work since the 80's.

He worked the same illogical match, with poor psychology every where he went

Have you seen his Japan work yet? I'd like you to break down those matches bit by bit and tell me how they're illogical, because they're far from it.

and when given a chance to draw on a national stage he flopped big time

So how did he draw 60,000+ fans at the first Japan Supershow which he was main eventing?

Ric Flair would go over. Sabu is only good at tossing his body through flames, and barbed wire. What's with all the Flair is a exceptiona wrestler talk? Flair is one of the best ever. He was one of the biggest draws in the 70's, and 80's. He is a great wrestler, but I do admit latley his been kind of stale, but we're talking overall. This match would end quickly after a figure four leg lock.

Flair wins, and wins easily. Sabu is entertaining, but not a good wrestler. Flair has his faults, and I don't think that the strongest Flair supporter can say that he doesn't. He is very routine in the ring, he's good but just a routine worker. It's not a knock, hell, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels have made there careers basically doing the same thing Flair did. Flair wins, and wins easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back