Round 1, Day 2, Charlotte, NC

Flair vs. JYD

• #3 Ric Flair

• #62 Junk Yard Dog

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The JYD was more known for mostly hsi gimmick. It was an entertaining gimmick for me, because I was, what, 6 or 7, but watching back now, his matches were honestly terrible.

Flair is certainly better, but like Jake said, he's getting to the point know where a good percentage of his career has been garbage wrestling.

Um yeah, thanx for at least showing up Mr. Briscoe, better luck next year. Sure it is a TNA ring, but lets' be honest, the Briscoes have done next to nothing in the singles ranks. While Brisco has more ability in the ring and more range then Goldberg, it won't matter. Goldberg made a career of killing guys on the mid to lower card. Six sides mean six sides Goldberg can bounce off of and Break Briscoe with the spear. Goldberg, easily.

Oh boy, I think Sabu is more over rate dthen what he deserves, but he's entertaing and crazy as hell. Beefcake had a good little run in the late 80's, but outside of getting his face smashed later on in his career, no one gave a damn. Hell the most memorable thing Beefcake ever did was be the guy that was holding the mic while HBK destroyed Jannetty in the barbershop. Sabu isn't great, but certainly better then the Disciple.

Had to go with Morishima. Homicide is loaded with potential, but that's potential, not fact. Sure he has an impressive moveset and gimmick, but I can't see this guy as a major player. He doesn't have the likability factor of a Rey Mysterio, and I really can't see him being much more then midcard. Morishima is a bit more established and has had better matches to this point.

Jake pretty much summed it up with Storm. The guy is rock solid in the ring, and has been over in all of the federations he's been apart of. Storm is far from boring, but he's simply a guy that was to smart for the crowd he was trying to entertain. I have never seen a bad match from storm, and he's been in there with guys that were on a level above him.

Hakushi. I've seen his Japanese stuff, I've seen the ECW stuff, and I've seen the WWE stuff, the guy was amazing and about 5 years before his time here stateside. He had an original gimmick, and walked the top rope like no other. In a six sided ring with tight ropes, teh guy is going to be an animal and hard for anyone to beat.

Oh boy. It doesn't help that I just got done watching the 1996 Royal Rumble. Vader is unbelievable. He's a big fat guy that can move and looks damn scary to boot. When he throws his mask off, you know someone is about to get their ass kicked, and kicked bad. The guy single handidly eliminated everyone in the ring in about ten seconds. Vader is a freak of nature, and hung in with guys like Flair and Sting in their primes, and looked damn good in the process.

Windham has been over rated in my opinion. The Horseman DVD was nothing but a DVD blowing smoke up everyones asses about how great Windham was. If Windham was so great, why didn't Flair do the J.O.B. for the guy and pass the torch? Simply put, Windham's career was made based on what his daddy did, he just had enough talent to stay in the business as long as he did.

Terrible, how the hell is Thorne in this damn thing. The initial cool factor of a guy dressed in all white that was going to be fed to the Undertaker withing two months was interesting, but blah. Then the Vamprie gimmick, which 1998 called and the Brood said they were going to sue for Gimmick infringement. Honestly, Thorne is only known because of Ariel and everyone wanting her to bust out.

James Storm on the other hadn is proven. The guy has a legit shot if pushed right, to be the next big thing in professinoal wrestling. He has excellent ring presence and mic skills to boot.

Results are Here

If this was ECW Sabu would have a tough time due to those shears that Brutus carries being legal (and Lethal) But this is TNA and Sabu is too quick here. Sabu may be a one trick pony in terms of him being Hardcore, but his basic skill set is still fairly solid people forget that, having his Real Hardcore matches labeled as greats. Sabu also has the advantage of having worked in this environment before something Brutus doesn't have.

Results are Here

This is a hard one to judge as both are great inring. This still comes down to a coin toss in who wins. Jun Akiyuma is good, put on matches of the year. He suffers from lack of American exposure. Sternness Dust α for the win over Lance Storm but this is too hard to come up with it as a clear cut result.

I think Morishima is the victor for sure. I think Homicide would last for awhile keeping the big man at bay, but in the end I see Morishima catching Homicide with a lariat followed by a backdrop driver. We're talking about a guy who is in the GHC heavyweight title picture.

Results are Here

Will the idiots that keep voting for the underdog please stand up and post as People want to red Rep you for being complete and utter idiots. Anyway Flair Wins this so easily it is not funny. Flair still puts on the occasional good match see that match with Triple H on Raw. That was a good match. Flair has put on some absolute classics in his time Wrestling. and of course he is going to have some dud matches considering he has been wrestling since the 70's. 4 decades wrestling is Impressive.

Results are Here

While I want to vote for Marc Briscoe, The Man that can do a move that anyone can do, Including me, The Spear, wins this with the move that everyone can do. I really want to vote for Marc but I can't see him beating Goldberg due to size and weight advantage to Goldberg. That combined with the fact that Marc has done almost nothing in Singles to be worthy of yet.

Results are here

I can see why Perro Aguayo Jr. is in this thing, his record in wager matches speaks for itself as he is undefeated. This is however countered by how good Hakushi is in ring. If you can get past the jobbing to Horowitz. Bret Hart chose that match for his DVD for a reason. The reason being that Hakushi showed the Crowds that a Japanese Wrestler could hang with the WWF champ. Combine this with Functional High Spots and you have something that the WWF wasn't ready for in a wrestler.

Results are Here

Vader wins this one easily He is just that damned good. He is perhaps the only person to Dominate both Japan and America, He's retired and his profile still exists on a Japanese Organisation's website. Vader Vader bombs Windham and Windham doesn't get up.

Results are Here

People are undercutting Thorn here. He is solid in the ring. His Gimmicks have just been crap. I actually liked the basic ring gear he had it was a departure from the norm. However up against James Storm, Kevin Thorne gets beaten handily. And I am just voting for Storm on the Basis that Thorne has yet to prove anything to me.

Results are Here

OK this is hard to choose. But lets sort out basic facts here. Homicide probably can't put Morishima into the Gringo Killer. Homicide is smaller and faster. Morishima is stronger and heavier. Morishima beat Homicide for the RoH title. Im going to go with the man that won in the match that they have had between them. Therefore Takeshi Morishima wins this matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back