Round 2, Day 2

Naitch vs. Goldberg

• #3 Ric Flair

• #35 Goldberg

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you've never seen Vader wrestling in Japan...stop reading right now, and watch some. He's ridiculiously good.

Yeah, I already watched a few on IC25's recommendation and I was very impressed. I also agree that Vader would destroy Storm. Not beat, but destroy. But I don't think to the incredible degree as you're saying.

I won't say if Storm is underrated or overrated, because people rarely talk about the guy, but I will say that I think you are underrating him. Storm is no tiny man, but many would say a very agile cruiserweight would stand a better chance of beating Vader than your average heavyweight. However, he's very watchable and puts on great matches. He has strength and agility, and is also pretty smart.

That being said, I think a vote for Storm can just be justified, but I'm going to obey my master and help put Vader through.

I think Jarrett is very underrated by a lot of the wrestling community. He can wrestle easily as well as Triple H. Meaning, if you'd put the Game over the Big Show which you no doubt would, you've got a duty to put Jarrett over him too. We've already seen how much Show sucks in a hardcore match at WrestleMania 17, and how Jarrett is no hardcore legend but isn't foreign to the idea of using, erm, foreign objects to get the win.

The thing with Sabu is that those backyard fed kids are willing to do his gimmick as well. For free and with more child like screaming. Homicide on the other hand can cut it as pretty much any type of wrestler. I'd say out of all the current wrestlers around him & Cabana are the most diverse.

Edge is one of the best in WWE right now. His heel status is indeed very good and he can work a crowd with ease. He's one of the best wrestlers on the roster and very few people will diagree with that.

Edge has a great deal of experience, and was in one of the best tag teams ever in the WWE. He has had some great matches and I personally think he would win this with ease.

Fic Flair, hands down.

No way should anybody even question voting Goldberg over Flair. He's the
3rd overall seed for a reason. In a match, Naitch would go over, because I don't think TNA would give Goldberg the win. I don't mind Goldberg, but you just can't compare him to Ric Flair.

Big Show would go over, no doubt. This is an extreme rules match, and Show has more experience than him, in them. I can't believe that Jarret cracked the top 15, he's not that deserving. Show would win in 10 minutes, with a chokeslam.

This would be a pretty interesting match, as its extreme rules, and both are experinced in them, but since this is in Toronto, I would have to go with Edge. Sandman may have more experience in extreme rules matches, but everything else goes to Edge. Edge is one of the best in WWE right now, and I don't think he'd lose to Sandman.

Well I'm going to base this all off of Wrestling 10 years ago.

Ric Flair without a doubt. He is one of the most talented men to step inside that ring full stop. His promos, his ability to work the crowd, his wrestling skill, everything about him just screams to be the best. Most people who don't like him are the people who have only just started watching wrestling and base everything on what he is now.

Goldberg was never a bad wrestler. But he isn't one of the best. And in the ring with Flair, Flair would win this in about 5 minutes. Goldberg just doesn't match Flair in terms of experience or skill.

Much the way Ric Flair and Curt Henning could do, Jeff Jarrett is a savvy veteran who could take a big guys knees out from under them. Unlike some big men like Big Van Vader or Bam Bam Bigelow, Show's only true dimension is his vertical base. I see Jarrett neutralizing Show over time and then hitting him with the Guitar to put him down for the 3.

I'd have to give this one to Jarret due to the fact it's an extreme match. Show doesn't seem to be comfortable in Extreme matches as such, however he has experience so that would have to be a factor. I think Show would have had more chance in a normal WWE match.

I'd give Jarret the win after a hard fought match. He'd take the win after using a steel chair Show had brought in against him. And Show would be down for the 3.

I don't have a huge opinion on Rey Mysterio either way. I don't love his work, but I definately don't hate it. And I think he tries, and is determined which is what matters for him. A lot of people turned against Mysterio when he seemed to win alot due to Eddie's death. However I don't think this was his fault and he's have got praised more if it had happened without the death.

However here, I would have to say Sid Vicious. I just don't think Mysterio would be a match for him, especially in this type of match. Vicious would win after Mysterio had gone for a 619. About 15 minutes.

Lance Storm really is one of the best when it comes to technical wrestling, and I don't think it would take that much for him to beat Hakushi.

If Storm came back to WWE I think he could have a big future depending on what Vince had planned for him. I say Storm wins after a pretty even match, and eventually gets Hakushi down for the 3 count after 10 minutes.

Can people actually give reason for why they picked Matt Hardy. Other than they don't know who Steve Corino is. Are They forgetting that it is ECW rules. And that Steve Corino was ECW champ. What top title has Matt Hardy won? Steve Corino has one over 50 different Titles. Are people just voting for Matt because he is out injured now? Are they voting because his ex Girlfriend left him for Adam Copeland? are they voting for him because one of his ex's is Ashley? I actually can't work out how Matt can win this. Steve Corino has Jack Victory in his corner. Who does Matt have. Noone. Steve Corino was born in Canada. So Home Field in Two regards. Combined with a Better skill set, and Carrying Titles to carry companies. He carried the New AWA when they reformed by carrying the Belt. I can't see in anyway where there is any advantage that Matt Hardy could use. Nowhere is there one. Matt Hardy is outclassed completely in this matchup.

Results are Here

Hakushi is good. But Lance T. Storm is better. His gimmick was being boring personality wise His matches are clinics on how to Wrestle. Lance coming back full time is never going to happen. He has retired, His Blogs are always worth reading. But his in ring is so good that If I was going to learn how to Wrestle I would fly to Calgary to learn from Storm. He is another of the greats to never win a World Title.

As much as the ECW marks will have a tough time admitting it, especially in the ECW bracket, Edge would take this. True, Sandman is royalty when it comes to hardcore, and ECW, but Edge has more than proved himself in these kinds of matches. If it were a different time, maybe id pick the Sandman, becuase of the extreme rules home feild advantage. but Edge is just TOO damn good.

I actually agree- And I am the biggest ECW mark. I love the Sandman but Edge has actually wrestling skills where the Sandman really doesn't. Harcore matches in ECW were not just bump after bump, they did contain actually wrestling as well, which gives Edge the advantage here.

Results are Here

This match goes one way only and that is to Corino. Corino is a better Wrestler than the majority of the WWE roster. So that means he beats Hardy to a pulp. This is in his backyard so to speak. Canadian born, and in ECW. This means he has the crowd advantage. You may think I am slurping him but Corino wins this one handily over the more talented Hardy brother. Red Rep or Infractions to anyone that votes Hardy.

I could not agree more (although I won't be handing out red rep) with this entire statement. In his prime Corino was something special. Hardy has skill, but he wouldn't stand a chance again the King of Old School in an ECW ring.

A few people have mentioned the fact that Edge DOES in fact have experience in Hardcore style matches. He took some sick bumps off ladders, from chairs, with tables. He's put Mick Foley through a flaming table. I don't care what anyone says about him being a pretty boy blonde Canadian (I can relate to that) but he's hardcore.

Furthermore, it'd be fun to see which ECW crowd shows up. The one who hated Edge and Foley when he stood against ECW, or the crowd who loved Edge for costing Cena the belt against RVD. Since Edge would be going against an ECW favorite in Sandman, I think there'd be hatred for Edge, and that motivates and inspires him more than cheers do.

Can people actually give reason for why they picked Matt Hardy. Other than they don't know who Steve Corino is. Are They forgetting that it is ECW rules. And that Steve Corino was ECW champ. What top title has Matt Hardy won? Steve Corino has one over 50 different Titles. Are people just voting for Matt because he is out injured now? Are they voting because his ex Girlfriend left him for Adam Copeland? are they voting for him because one of his ex's is Ashley? I actually can't work out how Matt can win this. Steve Corino has Jack Victory in his corner. Who does Matt have. Noone. Steve Corino was born in Canada. So Home Field in Two regards. Combined with a Better skill set, and Carrying Titles to carry companies. He carried the New AWA when they reformed by carrying the Belt. I can't see in anyway where there is any advantage that Matt Hardy could use. Nowhere is there one. Matt Hardy is outclassed completely in this matchup.

I was going to vote Hardy just because of the threats of red rep, but to be honest, this post right here swayed me to Corino. There's practically a bullet list of why Corino goes over Hardy in this match. Yes, smarky WWE fans are going to vote for V1, and I respect the Internet Loyalty for him. But let's be realistic. Hardy has no distinctive advantage over Corino.

What an awesome match this would be. I truly think Hakushi would benefit from the 6-sided, fast ring. But there's one thing about Lance Storm - he may be the most adaptive superstar in a long time. No matter the location, match, or match type, Storm adjusted. For anyone who has never seen them, check out old SMW tapes of Storm. The guy is fantastic.

Also take into account that you never see Lance Storm and Henry Rollins in the same place at the same time. Coincidence???

Storm in 22 minutes. Classic match.

Mysterio is the better in-ring worker and one heck of a wrestler...but he's no match for Sid Vicious size, power and athleticism. Mysterio could stun the big man, but one clothesline and one powerbomb and that match is over.

I think people should give Bill more credit than they do. Having recently seen the Goldberg/Regal shoot, I have to say I am very impressed with Goldberg's wrestling ability. The guy can actually perform submission moves and perform them well. It's too bad that we will never know what he was really capable of in the ring over the long term. However, if I put Goldberg over Ric Flair I think I have to go to wrestling fan hell. Flair was one of the best and one hell of man would have to walk that aisle to take him down. I'm afraid Goldberg isn't that man.

Nothing I can say here that no one else hasn't already stated. Rey can run, dodge, weave, and jump his way away from Sid, but once he has to get up lose and personal, it's over.

Sid after 9 minutes with a powerbomb.

You know what, I was tempted, and pretty tempted to go with Goldberg in this one, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm not a Goldberg fan, but he was good at what he did, smash people and go home. Flair on the other hand has been as up as he has been down. Ric Flair is not the best wrestler to ever be in the ring as some would what you to think, but he is certainly good enough to take down Goldberg.

I went with Homicide, and only barely. I'm a big fan of Sabu, but he botches, and botches much more often then what I want to see out of a wrestler. Sure, he's doing innovate any crazy things, but all it takes is for a guy to capitilize on a botch and it's lights out for Sabu. I enjoy wreckless abandon as much as the next guy, but Sabu is too wreckless for his own good.

Ew boy, the fact that Hakushi vs. Storm is in a six sided ring would be amazing. Hakushi walks the top rope like no other, and the ring ropes in a TNA ring are so damn tight he would have no problem. However, he's going against Lance Storm, one of the best unknown guys out there. Storm adapts so well to any type of match, he's really one of the best. I give it to Storm, but this would be a damn good match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back