Round 1: The Punisher vs. Inspector Gadget

Who wins?

• The Punisher

• Inspector Gadget

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rules of engagement in this competition state you've no prep before battle. As such, all Castle knows about Gadget is that his mission is to stop him. He doesn't know that the Inspector is a good guy. As such I think he'd blow him away because, not knowing him, he'd be scared that Gadget would do the same to him.

Sorry, I just don't buy that. Harming an innocent, not killing but HARMING, is enough for him to end his own life. I know everyone wants to pretend Punisher just shoots everyone without thought and that GUNS WIN EVERYTHING FOREVER, but anyone who actually has read any Punisher book ever should know this about him.

DirtyJosé;4111379 said:
Sorry, I just don't buy that. Harming an innocent, not killing but HARMING, is enough for him to end his own life. I know everyone wants to pretend Punisher just shoots everyone without thought and that GUNS WIN EVERYTHING FOREVER, but anyone who actually has read any Punisher book ever should know this about him.

I love the Punisher and collected the British comics back in the day. Frank Castle is a very temperamental character and I can remember Spidey having to take him down because he was going to take out people for littering.

However, should Castle decide to give the Inspector the benefit of the doubt and not kill him, he would just hit him with a knockout gas canister instead.

Punisher is hiding, trying to sneak up on the unsuspecting Gadget. Gadget pulls out a note, reads it and throws in Punisher's direction unknowingly. The note self destructs, killing Punisher.

Gadget Wins.

Let's face it, Gadget is a moron.

His "victories" are not his victories but those of Spike and Penny, and they are not allowed to help. Virtually every time Gadget went to use his not inconsiderable robotic add-ons, it ends in a personal disaster.

Sure, he might incapacitate the Punisher at the same time but it is far more likely that he will just incapacitate himself through his own bungling or a malfunction, like as his roller skates emerging rather than his Gadget-copter or parachute.

And this is even before Castle lifts a finger in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back