Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One

Iron-Man-vs-Dr-Robotnik.png

Two technological geniuses collide! Iron Man has his super-powered suit of armor and all the gadgets that go with it, but Dr. Robotnik - despite his hatred of That Hedgehog - has a plethora of machines, robots, and gadgets himself. Both men are remarkably intelligent, and both have the technology to show for it, but only one man can come out on top.

Voting closes five days after the poll opens.

FIGHT!

Dr. Robotnik is a poor man's Dr. Willy. I loved Sonic the Hedgehog as much as the next guy, but Robotnik is a big oaf. "Remarkably intelligent"? Please... In the animated series he fell into the most obvious grass-covered trap hole I've ever seen. Set up by Antoine D'Coolette, no less. It's more like, he's inexplicably rich and he pays scientists to create terrible things for him to quench his hatred for the Hedgehog. BUT...I do thank you for using "Robotnik", and no "Eggman".

No backup, no support
Batman cannot call in Robin, Harry Potter can't call in Dumbledore, and the rest of the X-Men can't get Wolverine's back. These are one on one fights.

This rule is going to make it quite hard for Robotnik to use any of his robots or crazy death-machines. Robotnik himself has nothing of use in a fight.

Even if you put him in one of his tanks, surround him by a thousand of his robots (which can all be defeated by jumping on their head, in traditional platformer style), and give them all laser cannons... Iron Man still wins this fight with absolute ease. I'm not convinced he'd even have to leave the ground.

All of that ^^^ was simply to avoid spam. This is kind of how I imagine the fight going down...
[YOUTUBE]Cmhk9CzCW4Y[/YOUTUBE]

A rich crazy scientist vs a rich, alcoholic genius. This is pretty easy.

Iron Man is sitting comfortably, enjoying the view, when this guy comes strolling up trying to ruin his day. Stark puts him down with a missile and doesnt even have to put down his drink to do so.

Even if Robotnik somehow got close enough to him, Iron Man would have no problem just punching him in the face and calling it a day.

Iron Man, all day here folks.

I'd like a ruling on Ivo's ability to summon badniks. They aren't his back up team; he's likely to carry around protection with him, much in the same way Stark is likely to carry armor with him at all times.

Dr. Robotnik is a studdering-less Johnny Ace.

Iron Man is a less flamboyant, super-genius Chris Jericho w/ a trust fund.

Results:
Robotnik is a classic & has had some moments but is nothing but a bumbling idiot. Between Iron Man's brain & his fire power, I don't think the good Dr. would stand a chance. Iron Man could desimate Robotnik & probably make something alot more usefull out of his machinery & robots.

Robotnik is constantly getting foiled by a hedgehog that can roll around faster than the speed of sound. That's what he does, he rolls at ridiculous speeds.

Iron Man flies faster than the speed of sound, and he can fire missiles, lasers, or just kick and punch to get his point across (the point being he can kick your ass).

If Sonic can kick Robotnik's ass time and time again, Iron Man can do it too.

DirtyJosé;4110009 said:
I'd like a ruling on Ivo's ability to summon badniks. They aren't his back up team; he's likely to carry around protection with him, much in the same way Stark is likely to carry armor with him at all times.

Robotnik can use any of his inventions, so long as they are non-sentient.

Robotnik is constantly getting foiled by a hedgehog that can roll around faster than the speed of sound. That's what he does, he rolls at ridiculous speeds.

He can also tap into the power of the Chaos Emeralds to power up and defeat his enemies, a tactic Sonic has had to rely on most every time he's faced Eggman.

Iron Man flies faster than the speed of sound, and he can fire missiles, lasers, or just kick and punch to get his point across (the point being he can kick your ass).

Eggman has in the past dealt with "traditional" military type forces with ease. This includes various models of robots and piloted mecha with abilites similar to Iron Man's various armors. This is much closer than you make it out to be. Mind you, many times Robotnik has actually taken over entire planets before Sonic intervened.

If Sonic can kick Robotnik's ass time and time again, Iron Man can do it too.

He better invent some emeralds right quick.

Robotnik can use any of his inventions, so long as they are non-sentient.

So just on his own armor alone, Robotnik can match Iron Man's suit (super seed, missles, lasers, etc.).

Robotnik is getting a bad rep here. He could just as easily create an ironman suit of his own so it would be no small picnic for Ironman to win. Not only that but he's delt with all sort of weponry before. But at the end of the day Robotnik seems to give up way to easy and gets foiled by an animal who rolls fast.

Robotnik's only hope is that he gets Ironman drunk. Barring that Ironman wins.

Man, you guys are REALLY underrating Robotnik. Yeah, he gets outsmarted by Sonic, but he has one hell of an arsenal and firepower to match and even surpass Iron Man. I really think that in this match Iron Man is getting by on name value and reputation rather than why he should be winning, which is on technology.

Look, for just one example of the awesome power and inventions that Robotnik can control, I'll tell you about the Egg Dragoon.

1000px-Egg-dragoon-sonic-generations.png

Look at this thing. This is the Egg Dragoon as it appears in Sonic Generations (Which is fun as hell, by the way. Highly recommended.) and it's one of Robotnik's most vicious toys.

The Egg Dragoon is faster than Sonic, has a wide variety of weapons including homing missiles, a flamethrower, ice beams, bombs, crushing implements, and more. It is large and impressive and very durable. It can split into two connected units that can attack from multiple sides at once. It also has a sweet drill attachment.

This is only one of Eggman's awesome machines. He also has his army of non-sentient robots he can use to distract Iron Man and keep him bsy while he launches his barrage of missiles from the Egg Dragoon.

Robotnik may be funny, but he is also very intelligent, vicious, and has a hell of a lot of firepower on his hands. Don't count him out so easily.

The only reason why Dr. Robotnik is even still around is because Sonic doesn't ever really seem to give a shit when he gets away every single time. He just stands there as if to say, "well at least his immediate threat is temporarily destroyed." Robotnik is an incompetent villain, and Iron Man would wipe the floor with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back