Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One

vega-vs-doctor.png

The "Beautiful Monster", Vega, is one of the deadliest and most graceful assassins in the world. The Doctor is one of the most intelligent beings in any world. It's a battle of mask vs. mind, claw vs. sonic screwdriver, as these two collide.

Voting closes five days after the poll opens.

FIGHT!

I don't know that I like the Doctor's chances in any sort of physical contest. He may be iconic, he may be incredibly popular, his television show may be fantastic, he may have a time machine...but none of that is going to do any amount of good in hand-to-hand combat. What is he going to do against "one of the deadliest and most graceful assassins in the world"? Regenerative abilities don't help; kill him again before he's finished regenerating.

I really don't know what the Doctor is supposed to do against anybody in this tournament. He has to have either a companion, the Tardis, or some sort of environmental aid. In most cases it's quite simply his name that makes enemies back off. I doubt Vega is going to care about that though. Outsmarting your opponent only really works well situationally, not in tournament style fighting. The Doctor doesn't really defeat things, he escapes them.

I don't know who Vega is, but he wins.

I don't know that I like the Doctor's chances in any sort of physical contest. He may be iconic, he may be incredibly popular, his television show may be fantastic, he may have a time machine...but none of that is going to do any amount of good in hand-to-hand combat. What is he going to do against "one of the deadliest and most graceful assassins in the world"? Regenerative abilities don't help; kill him again before he's finished regenerating.

I really don't know what the Doctor is supposed to do against anybody in this tournament. He has to have either a companion, the Tardis, or some sort of environmental aid. In most cases it's quite simply his name that makes enemies back off. I doubt Vega is going to care about that though. Outsmarting your opponent only really works well situationally, not in tournament style fighting. The Doctor doesn't really defeat things, he escapes them.

I don't know who Vega is, but he wins.

Funnily enough for the first time in a good long while the doctor killed someone today, I don't mean the guy died because the doctor couldn't save him I meanhe created a scenario from which bad dude couldn't escape and it ended with bad dude being blown up.

With that in mind, Psychic paper is a wonderful invention.

Hi, I'm officer smith mr Vega and I'm here to tell you that your weapons are illegal and therefore I've no choice but to arrest you. Does vega have resistance to psychic abilities? No? He's pretty fucked then isn't he?

Vega is a super fast fighter and can sap his opponents health in a heartbeat, but he is a glass cannon. He is one of the weakest characters in Street Fighter.

I'm not a huge fan of the Doctor but all he needs to do is wait it out inside his Tardis or have it transform into something to cause even the slimmest of damage to Vega and its game over

Vega wins here for his stylish look alone.

Even a character like Vega in WWE can draw big time especially in cage matches and using some sort of glove weapon.

I'm not a huge fan of the Doctor but all he needs to do is wait it out inside his Tardis or have it transform into something to cause even the slimmest of damage to Vega and its game over
Transforming the TARDIS with a broken chameleon circuit?! You're mental!

Although the TARDIS will be key to defeating Vega. The Doctor can materialize the TARDIS around people as seen in last night's episode. He can make the TARDIS disappear and leave people where they are as seen at the climax of Blink. And the TARDIS archives previous control rooms. So? Hide in one of the previous control rooms, materialize the TARDIS around Vega, transport him to a desolate planet, and have the TARDIS leave him there. If it's a planet Vega can't breathe on, easy victory. If the Doctor is gracious enough to let Vega live, as the Doctor has been known to do with his adversaries, he can leave Vega somewhere with breathable air and wait for him to hunker down for the evening and nod off to sleep. Boom, voluntary incapacitation.

Now we just have to cross the bridge of whether the TARDIS can be a factor in the bout. I'm saying yes. Ghost Rider wouldn't be argued for independent of his chopper. If James Bond's matches are occurring in a setting with sports cars, we can't just ignore the obvious. Similarly, the Doctor normally has the TARDIS somewhere nearby. Assuming it's not been stolen by The Master or something. I'm saying yay.

Will this strategy work on everyone? No. But Street Fighter weaklings won't be a problem here.

Vote: The Doctor.

So currently we've got Psychic Paper and the Tardis out to ruin Vega's day and Vega has, huh Vega has speed but he's fighting a time traveller I'd say that's not very much of a worry. I wonder if I can think of something else?

Is there a time limit to a bout?

If not, the Doctor dilligently hops into the Tardis and travels in time to the point where Vega is lying on his death bed, brings with him a sword, which he points at Vega's neck and gives him the option to yield and die with honour before age can take it away from him.

And there you have it. The Doctor is there when Vega dies and although it is a lifetime for Vega, it's mere minutes for the Doctor, efficiency personified.

One sonic screwdriver to his claws, and Vega is little more than a whiny little bitch. We must also remember the rules. The Doctor doesn't have to kill Vega, he just needs to incapacitate him to be awarded with the victory. The Doctor wins, because he is easily smart enough to use whatever is around him to incapicate Vega, even if its a mostly non violent way. Hell, the sonic screwdriver can probably emit a frequency that paralyzes people.

This is about incapacitating the opponent. Doctor has the intelligence to find a way to easily do that without dirtying himself up too much. Vega is strong, no doubt, but brains easily beats brawn in a match such as this.
Vote: The Doctor.

The voting is super close in this one and I think its a case of people only looking at offensive capabilities. It is true that The Doctor doesn't have much in the way of offense, but Vega is one of the weakest character defense wise in Street Fighter. The Doctor could just hide out in the Tardis, wait until Vega damages his claw trying to get it, poke out of the door and zap him with his sonic screwdriver and its all over.

I'm voting for the doctor here, but in the interest of fairness I would like to point out that the Sonic Screwdriver can't just take people out - it would need to be used on something which could help incapacitate Vega e.g. The doctor sonics some machinery near vega which explodes and knocks Vega out.

Anyway, even without the sonic, The Doctor is a complete genius who always comes up with an ingenius plan. I would tell you what The Doctor would do to beat Vega, but it's so clever none of us would ever think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back