Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round 2

bugs-vs-iron-man.png

Last round, Bugs bunny managed to stick his finger in the barrel of Boba Fett's laser and come out on top, while Iron Man blasted his way through the evil genius Dr. Robotnik. Can the Avenger use his robot suit to take out the bunny? Or will Bugs think of another hare-brained scheme to win?

FIGHT!

Iron Man is a wizard, I don't mean that in the literal sense, more in the mechanical sense.

What I mean is that Iron Man has a high intellect, but little to no wisdom. He's also an egomaniac which plays right into the hands of a certain Rabbit. Bugs might not be SMARTER than Iron Man, but Bugs is a con artist, and arguably the best at that in any form of fiction. Iron Man is an alcoholic egomaniac with a suit of armour he has to put on at the start of the fight (remember, no prep time) Bugs won't go after Iron Man - he'd go after Tony Stark.

Iron Man wouldn't stand a chance.

Iron Man is a wizard, I don't mean that in the literal sense, more in the mechanical sense.

What I mean is that Iron Man has a high intellect, but little to no wisdom. He's also an egomaniac which plays right into the hands of a certain Rabbit. Bugs might not be SMARTER than Iron Man, but Bugs is a con artist, and arguably the best at that in any form of fiction. Iron Man is an alcoholic egomaniac with a suit of armour he has to put on at the start of the fight (remember, no prep time) Bugs won't go after Iron Man - he'd go after Tony Stark.

Iron Man wouldn't stand a chance.
Really man? its a scheduled match in a tournament and Stark wouldn't have his suit on before the fight?

Anyways im surprised that Bugs even got past Boba Fett so he doesn't have much of a chance here. Bugs is very cunning and can often trick people, however those people usually consist of a borderline mentally ******ed man or a duck. Stark is a genius, he wont be fooled easy, he will win.

Really man? its a scheduled match in a tournament and Stark wouldn't have his suit on before the fight?

Anyways im surprised that Bugs even got past Boba Fett so he doesn't have much of a chance here. Bugs is very cunning and can often trick people, however those people usually consist of a borderline mentally ******ed man or a duck. Stark is a genius, he wont be fooled easy, he will win.

Bugs deals in people, Stark is a person. I fail to see how you cannot comprehend this simple fact, Bugs is a con artist. Stark is NOT ALLOWED TO PREPARE BEFORE THE FIGHT. He enters the arena as a man with a briefcase and has to armour up at the start, Bugs is a skilled enough conman to get a read on him and get him talking, once he engages Stark in conversation it's over.

Stark is a man with more addictions than the Betty Ford clinic and you think Bugs wouldn't be able to exploit that fact?

As you said in the rep you gave me, "you sir, are a moron"

Bugs Bunny may actually be one of the strongest, most resilient creatures in this tournament. His offensive potential is limited, but I do agree his capabilities to con, trick, confuse, obfuscate, and befuddle most anyone he comes across give him a win condition here. Furthermore, as a toon Bugs is practically impervious to harm. Explosives all types have been shown to only be capable of burning some of his hair. He has been known to outrun bullets and projectiles. I don't feel enough is made of his defensive abilities. The one thing I know of to harm a toon consistently is The Dip, but Stark doesn't have access to that.

Bugs deals in people, Stark is a person. I fail to see how you cannot comprehend this simple fact, Bugs is a con artist. Stark is NOT ALLOWED TO PREPARE BEFORE THE FIGHT. He enters the arena as a man with a briefcase and has to armour up at the start, Bugs is a skilled enough conman to get a read on him and get him talking, once he engages Stark in conversation it's over.

Stark is a man with more addictions than the Betty Ford clinic and you think Bugs wouldn't be able to exploit that fact?

As you said in the rep you gave me, "you sir, are a moron"

Bugs Bunny isn't going up against Tony Stark, he's going up against Iron Man (it's in the heading). As such, he will be in his armor from the off. Are you saying that the Punisher wouldn't have his guns or his body armor on?

How does Bugs know about Tony's inner demons? To even attempt to exploit his alcoholic past he would need to know about it. You are vastly overrating Bugs abilities, let's be honest - you don't have to be Pavlov or Freud to work out the Looney Tunes characters motives (hmmm, guy in hunting outfit carrying a big gun :confused:).

Iron Man would be well aware of the rules of the tournament and would knock Bugs out with a (non lethal) concussive blast from his chest plate as soon as "Fight" is called for the win.

Iron Man would be well aware of the rules of the tournament and would knock Bugs out with a (non lethal) concussive blast from his chest plate as soon as "Fight" is called for the win.

Except I don't think that'll be enough. Again, Bugs has demonstrated AMAZING resilience to harm, as most WB toons do. The one known substance to reliably fuck up a toon is not in Iron Man's arsenal, nor would he know about it. At best, Bugs goes down seeing stars for five seconds before he's back.

"Of course you realize this means war..."

DirtyJosé;4122165 said:
Except I don't think that'll be enough. Again, Bugs has demonstrated AMAZING resilience to harm, as most WB toons do. The one known substance to reliably fuck up a toon is not in Iron Man's arsenal, nor would he know about it. At best, Bugs goes down seeing stars for five seconds before he's back.

"Of course you realize this means war..."

Erm...
[YOUTUBE]7uO410iaJ7E[/YOUTUBE]​

Knocked out by a drunken exhausted stork with hardly a home run of a swing (compare to the force used by the mummy ape and the lack of effect on daddy).

Erm...
[youtube]7uO410iaJ7E[/youtube]​

Knocked out by a drunken exhausted stork with hardly a home run of a swing (compare to the force used by the mummy ape and the lack of effect on daddy).

Sorry, in what world has Iron Man been stealthy? Iron Man doesn't use a baseball bat, and do you know what would happen if you ACTUALLY hit a human on the top of the head with a baseball bat? Fractured skull, massive brain damage and unavoidable if not instantaneous death, conciousness and short-term survival if you're unlucky - Bugs took a shot that would KILL anyone with anything less than preternatural toughness so that was a really effective demonstration of exactly how resilient bugs is.

I think you're a) underestimating just how easily bugs could fool or con someone like Tony Stark/Iron Man even with a genius level intellect bugs could take more than enough shots to get a read on the man INSIDE the suit. As has already been established (and you have not successfully argued against) once bugs gets into your head he basically OWNS you.

Bugs Bunny is indestructible and if circumstances call for it has access to essentially unlimited magical powers. Iron Man is the end result of a neo-conservative being born with an unusually small penis.

From this we can easily learn that people who profess to like Iron Man more than Bugs Bunny are compensating for their small penises. There are literally no exceptions to this rule.

Toon on toon violence is a different beast. They use different "tech", so to speak.

Also, let's not forget that Bugs is a master of disguise.

I just can't give this to Bugs Bunny. I still think half the people voting for him are doing purely based on lets see how far we can get a Looney Toons character. I still wonder how the hell he beat Fett.

Tony Stark is smarter than Elmur Fud. Albeit Stark's a cocky asshole, he's not an idiot that's going to be outsmarted by a Bunny, at least not to the point where it's going to cost him his life.

I just can't give this to Bugs Bunny. I still think half the people voting for him are doing purely based on lets see how far we can get a Looney Toons character. I still wonder how the hell he beat Fett.

Tony Stark is smarter than Elmur Fud. Albeit Stark's a cocky asshole, he's not an idiot that's going to be outsmarted by a Bunny, at least not to the point where it's going to cost him his life.

It doesn't need to cost him his life. You do know the rules, right? And again, I've seen toons take gunfire and explosions with only a "charred face" as the result. Iron Man might not have the tools to really hurt Bugs, and Bugs can get under ANYONE'S skin.

DirtyJosé;4122301 said:
It doesn't need to cost him his life. You do know the rules, right? And again, I've seen toons take gunfire and explosions with only a "charred face" as the result. Iron Man might not have the tools to really hurt Bugs, and Bugs can get under ANYONE'S skin.

Yes I know the rules, I also don't believe Bugs has anything that can incapacitate Iron Man. You've seen toons take animated explosions and only have charred faces as a result. The same thing will happen to Stark if he were to take one these explosions. One could argue Stark is just as annoying as Bugs, that won't win them the match.

Yes I know the rules, I also don't believe Bugs has anything that can incapacitate Iron Man. You've seen toons take animated explosions and only have charred faces as a result. The same thing will happen to Stark if he were to take one these explosions. One could argue Stark is just as annoying as Bugs, that won't win them the match.

Have you never watched "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"? The one piece of evidence relevant to this debate dictates that yes, toon physics carry over into the "real world" so to speak.

DirtyJosé;4122327 said:
Have you never watched "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"? The one piece of evidence relevant to this debate dictates that yes, toon physics carry over into the "real world" so to speak.

Keyword being "so to speak". And if I remember correctly real word physics carry over to the toon characters as well, which still gives justifiable reason that Iron Man would beat Bugs Bunny. You're still not giving any reason in which Stark can't beat Bugs besides "he's a cartoon".

In who framed Roger Rabbit, Roger and Space Jam it's evident that toon physics apply. If toon physics don't apply he's just a regular bunny rabbit, he isn't per the rules of this tournament. Therefore bugs is just as resilient and nigh on indestructible as he is in a Looney Tunes Cartoon. He also doesn't age.

Iron man can't kill him and Bugs doesn't age. Iron man will die of old age before he managed to "kill the rabbit"

I don't get why this isn't obvious to everyone by now, bugs would win

In who framed Roger Rabbit, Roger and Space Jam it's evident that toon physics apply. If toon physics don't apply he's just a regular bunny rabbit, he isn't per the rules of this tournament. Therefore bugs is just as resilient and nigh on indestructible as he is in a Looney Tunes Cartoon. He also doesn't age.

If you don't mind being a little more clear with me on this are you saying that if toon physics apply Bugs doesn't have to abide by the tournament rules and can do whatever he wants? Because of that is the case he shouldn't be in the humans bracket and maybe shouldn't even be in the tournament itself do him being too powerful. If toon physics don't apply he's just a bunny, which means it's even easier for Stark to win. Just like you to be more clear on this.

Iron man can't kill him and Bugs doesn't age. Iron man will die of old age before he managed to "kill the rabbit"

Stark can kill him, toon physics work both ways in the both those movies, you can Jose seem to have selective memory.

I don't get why this isn't obvious to everyone by now, bugs would win

I don't know why people are so intent on trying to prove a cartoon character can beat Iron Man. Bugs should have never beat Boba Fett.

Keyword being "so to speak". And if I remember correctly real word physics carry over to the toon characters as well, which still gives justifiable reason that Iron Man would beat Bugs Bunny. You're still not giving any reason in which Stark can't beat Bugs besides "he's a cartoon".

I didn't realize more was needed. Yes, those "real world" physics carried over, and yet it's still established that the only way to reliably deal with a toon is The Dip, a concoction Stark has no knowledge of and no access to. This is much like the way The Flash has access to Speed Force outside the DC Multiverse. I just can't think of anything Iron Man has to deal with a toon so easily.

That's not to say Bugs couldn't be stopped, even by Iron Man, but the talk of "one shot concussion blast, Stark wins" is silly.

And then there is the point about Bugs being a master manipulator, trickster, instigator, and an expert with disguises, traps, and ambushes. Bugs has been able to fool others even while changing disguises right in front of them.

Iron Man takes to the air. He flies in a strafing pattern by his opponent, blanketing him with repulsor fire. He scans the area for signs of his enemy, and finds nothing. He lands as the dust settles, and beside him appears Bugs disguised as a bartender (with mustache) complete with bar. He acts impressed by the light show.

"You really showed that guy, doc. This one's on the house."

He pours a drink for a confused Stark, who takes a moment to answer.

"No thanks. I don't drink."

"But I insist, the way you handled that cotton-tailed menace was simply marvelous. You know you deserve this drink."

The bartender picks up the drink and pushes it towards Stark, who places his hand up in front of it.

"No, I don't."

"You do."

"I don't."

"You do."

"I don't."

They continue the reverse-tug of war for a bit longer.

"YOU DO!"

"I DON'T!"

Then the bartender switches gears, pulling the drink away.

"You don't."

Stark, befuddled by the gambit, tugs back at the drink.

"I do."

"You don't."

"I do."

"You don't!"

"I do!"

"YOU DON'T!"

"I DO!"

"Alright doc, you deserve it."

The bartender relinquishes the drink. Stark opens his helmet to partake of the beverage. As he begins to bring the glass down, he notices too late that the bartender, who has dropped the mustache now and look a helluva lot like the rabbit, is swinging a large wooden mallet right to his face. If he had a second longer to think, he might have felt like a jackass.

Bugs wins.

EDIT:
If you don't mind being a little more clear with me on this are you saying that if toon physics apply Bugs doesn't have to abide by the tournament rules and can do whatever he wants? Because of that is the case he shouldn't be in the humans bracket and maybe shouldn't even be in the tournament itself do him being too powerful. If toon physics don't apply he's just a bunny, which means it's even easier for Stark to win. Just like you to be more clear on this.

I agree that there is a power balance issue and that Bugs probably doesn't belong in the same tier as many of these guys. BUT the organizers already know that there are a few hiccups (see also: Buffy) and have decreed that we just make it work and move on.

Stark can kill him, toon physics work both ways in the both those movies, you can Jose seem to have selective memory.

I cited Roger Rabbit, where it is stated there was only one way to kill a toon. How is that selective memory?

I don't know why people are so intent on trying to prove a cartoon character can beat Iron Man. Bugs should have never beat Boba Fett.

That's just, like, your opinion man.

DirtyJosé;4122417 said:
I didn't realize more was needed. Yes, those "real world" physics carried over, and yet it's still established that the only way to reliably deal with a toon is The Dip, a concoction Stark has no knowledge of and no access to. This is much like the way The Flash has access to Speed Force outside the DC Multiverse. I just can't think of anything Iron Man has to deal with a toon so easily.

I don't want this to turn into a debate about Flash so I'm not touching this one.

That's not to say Bugs couldn't be stopped, even by Iron Man, but the talk of "one shot concussion blast, Stark wins" is silly.

Maybe beating Bunny isn't as simple as I've said but I think you're giving Bugs too much credit as a fighter.

And then there is the point about Bugs being a master manipulator, trickster, instigator, and an expert with disguises, traps, and ambushes. Bugs has been able to fool others even while changing disguises right in front of them.

Once could make the argument that Loki (King of Mischief) was just as much of a trickster as Bugs maybe even more of one and Iron Man beat him. Plus I think you're underestimating Stark's intelligence a lot.

Iron Man takes to the air. He flies in a strafing pattern by his opponent, blanketing him with repulsor fire. He scans the area for signs of his enemy, and finds nothing. He lands as the dust settles, and beside him appears Bugs disguised as a bartender (with mustache) complete with bar. He acts impressed by the light show.

"You really showed that guy, doc. This one's on the house."

He pours a drink for a confused Stark, who takes a moment to answer.

"No thanks. I don't drink."

"But I insist, the way you handled that cotton-tailed menace was simply marvelous. You know you deserve this drink."

The bartender picks up the drink and pushes it towards Stark, who places his hand up in front of it.

"No, I don't."

"You do."

"I don't."

"You do."

"I don't."

They continue the reverse-tug of war for a bit longer.

"YOU DO!"

"I DON'T!"

Then the bartender switches gears, pulling the drink away.

"You don't."

Stark, befuddled by the gambit, tugs back at the drink.

"I do."

"You don't."

"I do."

"You don't!"

"I do!"

"YOU DON'T!"

"I DO!"

"Alright doc, you deserve it."

The bartender relinquishes the drink. Stark opens his helmet to partake of the beverage. As he begins to bring the glass down, he notices too late that the bartender, who has dropped the mustache now and look a helluva lot like the rabbit, is swinging a large wooden mallet right to his face. If he had a second longer to think, he might have felt like a jackass.

Bugs wins.

Once again Stark isn't Elmur Fud. While this stuff has worked on other cartoons you can't just automatically assume every human is going to fall for this. Now I'm not going to type out my own scenario which makes everything look easier for my character but I would imagine Stark and Bugs would engage in some witty banter before Stark eventually ends up killing or incapacitating him.

Iron Man wins

DirtyJosé said:
I agree that there is a power balance issue and that Bugs probably doesn't belong in the same tier as many of these guys. BUT the organizers already know that there are a few hiccups (see also: Buffy) and have decreed that we just make it work and move on.

Bugs is a whole other situation though, if were speaking in toon physics and going off the way you and others are speaking Bugs isn't human and therefore shouldn't be in the human bracket.

I cited Roger Rabbit, where it is stated there was only one way to kill a toon. How is that selective memory?

You're first post about toon physics implied toons can only kill humans, at least that's what I took away from it.

That's just, like, your opinion man.

Yeah I realize, I purposely wasn't adding anything to the argument there. That's just what I though.

Once again Stark isn't Elmur Fud. While this stuff has worked on other cartoons you can't just automatically assume every human is going to fall for this. Now I'm not going to type out my own scenario which makes everything look easier for my character but I would imagine Stark and Bugs would engage in some witty banter before Stark eventually ends up killing or incapacitating him.

Iron Man wins

First of all, where is your imagination and creativity? And secondly, Fudd isn't the only enemy of Bugs. They have ranged from evil scientists to gangsters to Hermann Goring and Hitler. I mean, I know that doesn't sound as prestigious as "The Unicorn" or "Man-Bull", but it's a range of villainy beyond "dumb hunter". Scientists, man.

DirtyJosé;4122453 said:
First of all, where is your imagination and creativity? And secondly, Fudd isn't the only enemy of Bugs. They have ranged from evil scientists to gangsters to Hermann Goring and Hitler. I mean, I know that doesn't sound as prestigious as "The Unicorn" or "Man-Bull", but it's a range of villainy beyond "dumb hunter". Scientists, man.

This is true, but I could make the argument that scientists say in the 40's didn't have the technology that Stark has say in today's era. That's like claiming I'm better than all doctors because I outsmarted a nurse.

This is true, but I could make the argument that scientists say in the 40's didn't have the technology that Stark has say in today's era. That's like claiming I'm better than all doctors because I outsmarted a nurse.

Technology, sure, but weren't we talking about "not being dumb enough to..."? As in, you claim Stark isn't Fudd and imply that he's not a mid-west numbnut and isn't going to fall for those tricks. But the scientists aren't always portrayed as "dumb" either. Bugs is just that damn slick.

DirtyJosé;4122459 said:
Technology, sure, but weren't we talking about "not being dumb enough to..."? As in, you claim Stark isn't Fudd and imply that he's not a mid-west numbnut and isn't going to fall for those tricks. But the scientists aren't always portrayed as "dumb" either. Bugs is just that damn slick.

But see that still doesn't help your argument. Yes Bugs hasn't only outsmarted mid west idiots. He's beaten scientists. Problem is all those people he did beat are still in his universe. Stark has dealt with supernatural creatures before, arguably Bugs would fit into that category. I just don't believe Stark is going to fall for the same things other cartoons have seeing his history and everything he's dealt with. And yes Stark is just damn slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back