Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One

boba-fett-vs-bugs-bunny.png

Nyeh, what's up, Doc? In this match, the vicious bounty hunter of Star Wars fame, Boba Fett, takes on the wily trickster Bugs Bunny. Bugs is known to outsmart and out maneuver his opponents using his toon-tested tricks, but Boba Fett is known to be one of the top bounty hunters in the galaxy. Whose tricks will be put to the test in this one, and who will come out on top?

Voting closes five days after the poll opens.

FIGHT!

C.png

Q: Who wins between Boba Fett and Bugs Bunny?

A:Between Bugs Bunny's long karate legs and his trusty carrot, I personally think that Bugs Bunny would win if he used his carrot as a weapon and learned karate.

Feared as one of the greatest hunters in all the Star Wars universe - despite the fact that he was kind of a bitch in Return of the Jedi - Boba Fett turns his sights on a character who has made a living out of not being caught by hunters his entire life. Which for a rabbit, I'd say ~75 years is pretty damn impressive.

Fett has rockets, a flamethrower, cables, a jet pack and never-ending supply of blaster rounds. He's also a pretty decent sniper (Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for PS2 anybody?), but in this environment that's going to be pretty useless.

Bugs has...erm...well, admittedly he's just a rabbit. But he's a rabbit under the employ of the good ole' WB, with all the fun and games of ACME at his disposal! He has been known to hold anvils with a single hand, survive explosions, gun shots, and bombs. He has crazy burrowing skills. He also, and this is probably his greatest advantage...is the starting point guard, standing 3'3" (4' if you include the ears), the Dr. of Delight, and the co-captain of the Toon Squad. He's also been known to dabble in opera, from time to time.

Here's how I picture Boba vs. Bugs going down:

Boba Fett flies up a hill in Acme Forest and uses some advanced camouflaging system to blend into his woodland surroundings. He finds Bugs Bunny's rabbit hole and waits. He waits for hours. Finally, Bugs arises from his rabbit hole, munching on a carrot. Boba Fett readies the shot, leans back from the scope and takes a deep breath, so his breathing doesn't effect his shot. He looks back through his scope to see that Bugs Bunny is gone. Suddenly, he hears, "Ehhhh, what's up doc?" right in his ear. In a comically surprising move, Bugs Bunny has seemingly magically teleported right next to Boba Fett.

Then Boba Fett pulls out his laser pistol and just pumps a few rounds through Bug's hide, effectively killing him.

Bugs Bunny could have been an interesting members of this competition, but he got a very rough draw. If Bugs gets the chance to talk to his enemy, there's a good chance he can get in their heads and make them beat themselves. Unfortunately, there are a handful of competitors in the human bracket that have few interests other than killing. The Punisher is one of them. Jason is another. And of course, Boba Fett is a member of that group.

Boba Fett won't give Bugs a chance to put on a girl bunny costume or tell him that it is, in fact, duck season. The second he has a shot lined up on Bugs Bunny, he's going to take it.

While I do love me some good old Bugs Bunny, he is toast here. Im sure he would make good use of tunneling and trickery to attempt to confuse old Boba- but in the end- all the carrots and anvils in toon town cant hold Fett down.

Boba Fett strings him up and takes a lucky charm home to his son before putting a shot right between the eyes of Bugs and sitting down to a nice meal of roast rabbit via flamethrower...

Jetpacking off into the next round- Boba Fett.

I think Bugs takes this as he has just made a living of not being caught he could outsmart anyone. Yes Boba Fett is the galaxies greatest bounty hunter however if Elmer Fudd cant catch him for 75 years whose to say that Boba Fett would have any luck. I mean in both worlds there are just so much for Bugs Bunny to use to trick Boba that I don't think Boba Fett could beat him.

Lets make something perfectly clear here, unlike Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, Marvin Martian, & pretty much every other looney tunes character that ever came up against Bugs Bunny, were nothing more than a bunch of bumbling fools, Boba Fett is far far from being anything remotely close to being a bumbling fool, he is in fact one of the best bounty hunters in the universe, & will not hesitate to take his shot, & Bblow Bugs bunny goofy ass wabbit head clean off his shoulders, & claiming his victory.

I think Bugs takes this as he has just made a living of not being caught he could outsmart anyone. Yes Boba Fett is the galaxies greatest bounty hunter however if Elmer Fudd cant catch him for 75 years whose to say that Boba Fett would have any luck. I mean in both worlds there are just so much for Bugs Bunny to use to trick Boba that I don't think Boba Fett could beat him.

The reason Elmer Fudd didnt catch Bugs is simple. He was a ****** with a shotgun and a speech impediment.

Boba Fett is a trained bounty hunter with plenty of weapons and his sole mission is to track\capture and or kill his target. He wont be tricked by a random sign pointing him in the wrong direction or be fooled by a rabbit in a dress.

Boba hands down.

Fett would shoot Bugs on sight, and let's face it....It's Rabbit Season!

No it's duck season.

I gotta take the wabbit he can use the carrot as a weapon and stab someone plus Bugs uses his wit and guile to get out of adverse situations. You have to take brain over brawn so Fett wouldn't stand a chance and Bugs is an adorable smart ass.

Boba Fett, while cool looking and easily one of the most revered characters in the Star Wars universe, lasted what, a whole 3-5 seconds in his most prominent scene? That's not a very impressive resume.

Bugs, on the other hand, has foiled not only his regulars, but also a certain crafty coyote with infinite gadgets and weapons at his disposal on a couple of occasions.

He also toyed with a fellow character by actually stepping into the shoes of the graphic artist. If you do not know that of which I speak, check this out: [YOUTUBE]cH6i2Z6mTRE[/YOUTUBE]

Now that is power, right there.

So, while Boba Fett might be a bad ass, he is no match for the cunning, resilient, always coming out on top, Mr. Bugs Bunny.

Boba fett gets bailed out in the expanded universe more times than Barclays.

Boba Fett is a badass and undoubtedly one of the coolest characters in Star Wars, he also relies heavily on luck, you know who doesn't? Bugs, bugs is a wise-ass anti hero, so was Han solo, how did that turn out for Boba? Oh yeah, he got eaten by the fucking Sarlaac. I don't know the specifics, and most likely neither does Bugs, but he'd find a way.

Boba Fett is not Elmer Fudd. Bugs Bunny's claim to fame is outsmarting a moron. A feat any halfway intelligent child could also accomplish with relative ease. How exactly is Bugs going to either kill or incapiciate Boba Fett? Boba wins easily.

I know that in the original trilogy Fett fucked up more than once, and he only managed to capture Han after Lando sold him out to Vader and tricked him to coming to cloud city, but he is no Elmer Fudd. Look at the weapons that Fett has. A blaster pistol, a wrist mounted flame thrower, spiked boots, a jet pack, and he has access to the Slave One.

Bugs is tricky but he can't outwit Bobba, and I will be dammed if he is going to try to stick his finger in the barrel of one of Bobba's guns.

I'm getting a Who Framed Roger Rabbit vibe from this match; if only Fett had access to The Dip. Where is the location for this match? Does it matter? That movie seemed to create a world where toons crossed over to the real world and humans crossed over to the toonworld.

If we were to merge the two worlds, the toonworld and the real world, to make the playing ground fair, couldn't Bugs just open a portal under Boba or drop a piano on top of him? I'm thinking that it wouldn't necessarily be preposterous to suggest that Bugs could pull out a win.

If Judge Doom was capable of killing real people then why couldn't Bugs off Boba Fett here?

I'm getting a Who Framed Roger Rabbit vibe from this match; if only Fett had access to The Dip. Where is the location for this match? Does it matter? That movie seemed to create a world where toons crossed over to the real world and humans crossed over to the toonworld.

If we were to merge the two worlds, the toonworld and the real world, to make the playing ground fair, couldn't Bugs just open a portal under Boba or drop a piano on top of him? I'm thinking that it wouldn't necessarily be preposterous to suggest that Bugs could pull out a win.

If Judge Doom was capable of killing real people then why couldn't Bugs off Boba Fett here?

Sarlacc.jpg

See that nasty looking thing Ech? That's a Sarlacc. Bobba Fett is the only man to ever fall in one and make it out. I doubt a portal would work. Bobba also have a jetpack, making it fairly hard to drop anything on him.

Judge Doom could and did kill regular people, but Bobba Fett is a bounty hunter who won't fall for simple traps. Plus there is nothing to suggest that Bobba couldn't just fly around in the Slave One and shoot Bugs' shit from the sky.

Sarlacc.jpg

See that nasty looking thing Ech? That's a Sarlacc. Bobba Fett is the only man to ever fall in one and make it out. I doubt a portal would work. Bobba also have a jetpack, making it fairly hard to drop anything on him.

Judge Doom could and did kill regular people, but Bobba Fett is a bounty hunter who won't fall for simple traps. Plus there is nothing to suggest that Bobba couldn't just fly around in the Slave One and shoot Bugs' shit from the sky.

What would stop Bugs from simply opening a portal beneath himself and escaping, and then reappearing beside the Slave One with a giant cannon? He'd blow Fett out of the air before he knew what's what.

Last time I checked Wile Coyote was a technical genius who was so driven by hunger that it caused him to make stupid, silly mistakes. Fett's greed as a bounty hunter will likely send him down a similar path. As crafty as Fett may be I'd bet money that Bugs would still be a dozen moves ahead.

I could see Bugs leading Fett on his jet pack on a chase, when suddenly he disappears into a long dark tunnel. Fett follows only to be mowed down by a train that appears out of nowhere. But unlike a toon Fett wouldn't be a pancake, he'd be a mangled carcass.

What would stop Bugs from simply opening a portal beneath himself and escaping, and then reappearing beside the Slave One with a giant cannon? He'd blow Fett out of the air before he knew what's what.

Last time I checked Wile Coyote was a technical genius who was so driven by hunger that it caused him to make stupid, silly mistakes. Fett's greed as a bounty hunter will likely send him down a similar path. As crafty as Fett may be I'd bet money that Bugs would still be a dozen moves ahead.

I could see Bugs leading Fett on his jet pack on a chase, when suddenly he disappears into a long dark tunnel. Fett follows only to be mowed down by a train that appears out of nowhere. But unlike a toon Fett wouldn't be a pancake, he'd be a mangled carcass.

You make a fine argument if you were debating Bugs against Elmer Fudd or Wile E. Coyote. We are talking Bobba Fett though, the most feared bounty hunter in the Star Wars galaxy.

Fudd is a bumbling hunter who may be mentally challenged. Coyote is driven by hunger. He isn't too bright either because he continually goes back to ACME for his gadgets. Fett is neither of those. He is a highly skilled well armed bounty hunter who has killed multiple Jedi in his day.

You make a fine argument if you were debating Bugs against Elmer Fudd or Wile E. Coyote. We are talking Bobba Fett though, the most feared bounty hunter in the Star Wars galaxy.

Fudd is a bumbling hunter who may be mentally challenged. Coyote is driven by hunger. He isn't too bright either because he continually goes back to ACME for his gadgets. Fett is neither of those. He is a highly skilled well armed bounty hunter who has killed multiple Jedi in his day.

He can also be careless and overzealous, if he wasn't he never would have been eaten by the sarlacc in the first place. Those are qualities that would be exploited by Bugs. Fett would end up playing his game and would likely fall into everyone of Bug's traps. Why? Because Fett would get overconfident either in his abilities or his weapons. He's likely to have a giant boulder dropped on him because Bugs would lure him into a false sense of victory.

He can also be careless and overzealous, if he wasn't he never would have been eaten by the sarlacc in the first place. Those are qualities that would be exploited by Bugs. Fett would end up playing his game and would likely fall into everyone of Bug's traps. Why? Because Fett would get overconfident either in his abilities or his weapons. He's likely to have a giant boulder dropped on him because Bugs would lure him into a false sense of victory.

Ech this is fun and I promise I will give you a proper rebuttal when I wake up tomorrow...today...whatever you want to call it. I'm gonna let mc chris fill in for me for the time being. Just know that Fett would win because his backpack has jets.

[YOUTUBE]uvAi49VXpM8[/YOUTUBE]

Seriously, does Bug Bunny have a rap song written about him? Didn't think so.

Bugs is an anthropomorphic rabbit of middling intelligence who consistently outwits an anthropomorphic duck with delusions of his own grandeur despite being an idiot, a mentally deficient and easily manipulated hunter, a dunderheaded, diminutive cowboy with Napoleon syndrome and a coyote who dreams up numerous overly elaborate scenarios and traps that can be easily escaped by side-step to the right or that fail to take the effects of gravity into account.

You know what would have happened if Bugs had come up against Elmer Fudd before whatever brain injury he suffered?

Now, you could argue that Fett was been defeated in the SW canon and that it was by someone like Han Solo who might be the luckiest man in the SW universe, a title that Bugs could likely lay claim to for his universe. However, for this contest, indeed for this tournament, you can not take luck into account as the determining factor as neither Rincewind and Luckyman are not present. And even if you do, as already been pointed out, Fett also has his fair share of luck.

Bugs has no defence against Boba Fett's weaponry, whether it be non-lethal or otherwise; he has no attacks that can penetrate Fett's beskar based Mandalorian armour (which is essentially lightsabre proof); he can not out-run him as his rabbit hole would just become his grave and he cannot out-think Fett - I mean how many times can Bugs take that wrong turn at Albuquerque?

Vote for the human who escaped the Sarlaac, outsmarted several super-computer assassin droids, in his role as Mandalore, survived and won several contests against the Yuuzhan Vong, defeated numerous Jedi and walked away from two contests with the reigning champion of the Super Section...

Vote Fett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back