Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round 2

punisher-vs-nick-fury.png

Two men, ruthless and intelligent, stand toe-to-toe in the Battle Zone. Nick Fury made his way past the bar-room brawling preacher Wolfwood last round, while The Punisher took out the hapless Inspector Gadget. Who will be the first to fall?

FIGHT!

I thought about this one for awhile, and I struggled to figure out a winner for a long while. However I was reading some old Punisher issues the other day (handy) and G.W. Bridge, former agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. made a very good point; the only reason that Punisher was allowed to run around for so long and not be apprehended (by the police and S.H.I.E.L.D.) was because they willed it so. The authorities kinda like the Punisher because he gets the job done that they can't lawfully do. With that thrown out of the window, we've got Nick Fury ready to bring the Punisher in.

The battle itself will be a fierce one with evasive manoeuvres and explosions of violence left right and centre. Both men are relentless and when they're in that zone they can be unstoppable. With an extreme pain threshold, neither is going to succumb to the actions of the other for a long time, but I think this comes down to who has more bullets and simply put, that's Nick Fury. The Punisher has enough supplies to last a long time, but he doesn't have a near endless supply like Fury whose knowledge of S.H.I.E.L.D. tactical basis is second to none. He knows where to get what he needs to survive and I think that will be how he conquers the Punisher.

I feel sorry for the Punisher here because he has no chance here. Not because he can't take Fury but because he won't. When Captain America went into Castle like nobodies business during the Civil War, Frank allowed him to beat him unconscious because he would not lift his hands against a hero of his. Many people may think of Nick as a current character and are not aware of this but he was just as big a hero of WW2 (with his Howling Commandos) as Cap and he would therefore be just as big an idol to Castle.

The Punisher refuses to fight and Nick Fury gives him a quick choke out to win by incapacitation.

I feel sorry for the Punisher here because he has no chance here. Not because he can't take Fury but because he won't. When Captain America went into Castle like nobodies business during the Civil War, Frank allowed him to beat him unconscious because he would not lift his hands against a hero of his. Many people may think of Nick as a current character and are not aware of this but he was just as big a hero of WW2 (with his Howling Commandos) as Cap and he would therefore be just as big an idol to Castle.

The Punisher refuses to fight and Nick Fury gives him a quick choke out to win by incapacitation.

I'm 90% positive I am going to give the vote to Fury, but I think you are a little off base here. You are correct, Castle refused to fight Cap. Where I think you are wrong is when you say Castle wouldn't fight Fury. Cap was a hero of Castle, but it wasn't necessarily because he was a WWII vet, it was the ideals that Cap stood for. He admired what Cap represented. Fury doesn't represent those same values that Cap does, not all of them anyway, so I do think Frank would fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back