Freebirds or the other two?

• Sting/Luger

• Freebirds

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Roused from the only sleep I've been able to get for the last, oh, twelve hours by the ever bothersome Xfearbefore, I give you:

Round 1, Mexico:
Lex Luger & Sting
vs.
The Fabulous Freebirds - Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy

No spam and no flaming.​

Mexico rules are identical to WWE rules except:
- Count-outs go up to twenty, not ten
- Piledrivers are illegal (I shit you not)
- Removing your opponent's mask (if he wears one) results in a DQ
- Every match is two out of three falls

Does face paint count as a mask? You decide!

Freebirds get the vote from me here, but I have to say this has probably been the toughest decision I've had to make during this tournament thus far. Luger & Sting were an underrated team, but when I sat back and compared their impacts on this business, there's just no way I can vote against the Freebirds. I'm a big fan of WCCW, so I'll be backing them quite a bit.

Vote for the Freebirds people.

Badstreet USA babay! Michael PS Hayes and Terry Gordy. I love me some Freebirds. So they got my vote. This will be one hell of a contest and it was tough to pick against Sting and Luger, who I'm a big fan of. Sting and Luger have had tension in the past, like any tag team. I just watched Rise and Fall of WCW and at Fall Brawl Sting and Luger had some words, as Luger thought Sting was gonna join NWO. But that tension won't play too big a role. This will be a great contest, but Freebirds got this one.

luger & sting - the freebirds were good but you can't look past sting and luger, those guys make an awesome combination and will take some beating, just look at their accomplishments.

p.s. whoever deleted my post here before is a dick, there was nothing wrong with it. evidenced by the fact i got no warning or infraction for it.

luger & sting - the freebirds were good but you can't look past sting and luger, those guys make an awesome combination and will take some beating, just look at their accomplishments.

p.s. whoever deleted my post here before is a dick, there was nothing wrong with it. evidenced by the fact i got no warning or infraction for it.

Yeah, you're a dick for talking to any of the staff members like that. They deleted it instead of warning or infracting you, which was certainly nice of them.

As for the tournament. I went for The Freebirds, and it honestly pained me to do so. Simply because bother Sting and Luger are a couple of all time favorites. But, The Freebirds are an astounding team. Their entire careers were based off one another, and they were a legitimate tag team together. They helped pave the way for tag teams along the way, and have done a shit load for the tag team division. So, Vote for the Freebirds.

If only two of the Freebirds get into the ring, I give it to the powa of Sting and Luger. Never at all impressed by the Freebirds, and they were mostly over for having three people with the titles. JCP's Sting and Luger arrive in WCW and were the first part of the promotion I remember (I think they beat the Steiner Brothers when Rick didn't get a single tag in on Scott, causing Scott to attack his brother). So in rality, they drew me to the company before the NWO drew many first time watchers.

It's Luger and Sting, hands down. There are three Freebirds. Ok, so? Does that mean that Duane Gill, Al Snow, Blue Meanie and Steven Richards beat Luger and Sting because there's more or them? Not at all. Luger and Sting are two of the most successful wrestlers ever and they were a semi regular tag team, so it's not like there's no chemistry there. The Freebirds are great, but they're against a monster here. It's Sting and Luger.

On one hand, you have the legendary team of the Freebirds whom dominated the WCCW rankings & being known for their epic feud with the von Erichs. The other side has two great WCW wrestlers whom make great partners together because of the chemistry they share between each other.

If this wasn't challenged in the Mexico division, the Freebirds win here simply because Hayes & Gordy have a lot more experience than Sting/Luger. However, due to the fact that the matches are contested for two out of three falls, I don't see the Freebirds having the stamina to go up against a superteam such as Luger/Sting whom are able to go the distance. The Freebirds will give them a heck of a battle, but unless they finish both of them off early which won't happen... Luger/Sting have got this.

Damn, tough decision, but I have to go with Sting and Lex Luger.

The Fabulous Freebirds is definitely one of the greatest tag teams from the eighties, but nothing they did comes close to matching up with the incredible match Sting and Lex Luger had with The Steiner Brothers at Superbrawl I. And this is coming from a guy who absolutely LOVES the Freebirds work against the Von Erichs, but the Sting/Luger vs. Steiners match is one of the greatest tag matches I've ever seen.

Also, it doesn't hurt that Sting is my favorite wrestler of all time and I loved Luger growing up, but that's beside the point. :icon_razz:

I'm pretty even on who I think is the better team, so it all comes down to who do I like more. In this case, it's the team that doesn't have Luger. Gordy is one of my guilty pleasures, and Hayes was pretty good here. Sting is a legend. This could be the best match of the first round, or at least the most even.

The Freebirds. They know how to win. Sting and Luger are a great tag team, but they've had chemistry issues and the Freebirds play off of that with their comrodory and their ability to use outside interference to get their way. There are three of them, but their also three great wrestlers. They match up with Stigler real well in both power and speed. The Freebirds are a dynamic team and a far superior tag team to Luger and Sting.

Vote Badstreet.

Hayes and Gordy were probably the better of the two freebirds, and I think I'll go with them. It's a close one though certainly, any team that can beat Harlem Heat and the Road Warriors deserve credit, as Sting and Luger did, but they were never completely on the same page, and against a team as accomplished and well rounded as the Freebirds, that could be enough to swing it away from them.

God, this is a hard one. Both are good teams...

But the Freebirds are the Freebirds. They were revolutionary, and great. They have so much experience, and did so much for the tag team division. It'll be a close match, but the Freebirds will win.

Luger and Sting win this. They are both incredibly accomplished and dangerous wrestlers. Sting is one of the greatest of all time and Luger was one of the strongest wrestlers ever, I believe he was one of the few men to make Hogan tap.

The Freebirds were pretty much known for the "Freebird Rule", but other than that? They had some great success as a tag team, but I don't see how they could physically match up with Luger and Sting here.

The Freebirds are getting my vote in this match up. In singles matches, Lex and Sting can take out all three Freebirds, but in a Tag match, I think the Bad Street Superstars have the advantage.

Come on people it has to be the freebirds! The freebirds are all about teaming up and beating down your opponents! Sting and Luger are good but Gordy will wear down Luger! Hayes are Roberts distraction will side track Sting. Please don't let this team go down.

Vote Freebirds Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back