Round 1, Mexico - Jericho/Show vs. Raven & Richards

Will I ever get so bored of posting polls that I commit suicide? Probable.

• Jerishow

• Ravenchards

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Round 1, Mexico:
Chris Jericho & The Big Show
vs.
Raven & Stevie Richards

No spam and no flaming.​

Mexico rules are identical to WWE rules except:
- Count-outs go up to twenty, not ten
- Piledrivers are illegal (I shit you not)
- Removing your opponent's mask (if he wears one) results in a DQ
- Every match is two out of three falls

BREAK THE WALLS DOWN! WE-ELL...

Yeah, I'm not impressed by Jerishow. At all. Jericho's presence alone will likely buy them quite a few votes though I'm guessing. Not from me, and I know not from JMT or RVDGurl. I'll take a Raven and Stevie Richards in their prime over an older (but still excellent) Jericho and an over-the-hill Big Show.

Raven played mind games like no other, and with Stevie as his willing pawn, the two could easily find a way to defeat Jerishow, or even turn them against each other. They've beaten big men before, and wrestlers as talented as Jericho before, so this shouldn't be a problem for them here either.

Vote for Raven & Richards. It's the ring thing to do.

not really - raven is a glorified ecw superstar and richards is a career jobber - what makes you think they can beat the unified tag champs, who contain both the first ever undisputed champion and the only guy to win the wwe, wcw and ecw titles? they're an actual team too, and a team clearly in a higher league than raven and richards.

Reactions: gd
not really - raven is a glorified ecw superstar and richards is a career jobber

"Glorified ECW superstar"...'kay, and Harley Race was a "glorified territory star". I guess the crowd size now determines the quality of a wrestler now everyone!

Stevie Richards did wrestle before he entered the WWE. You do know this, right? He and Raven were 2 time ECW tag champions. Raven is a world champion from both ECW and TNA, as well as numerous other titles in WCW, the WWE, and even the NWA. They're hardly a team of jobbers.

what makes you think they can beat the unified tag champs, who contain both the first ever undisputed champion and the only guy to win the wwe, wcw and ecw titles?

:lmao:

Did you really just pull THAT card out? The "Big Show has held all three world titles!" bullshit? Yeah, he won the ECW title when it became a WWE title, in the WWE promotion. That's not the same thing as winning a world title from three different promotions.

they're an actual team too

So you've just proven you don't even know what you're talking about right now. Raven and Richards were a tag team for a much, much longer time then Jerishow's short run thus far.

and a team clearly in a higher league than raven and richards.

Not really. Oh wowzers, Jerishow beat Carlito and Primo to win their titles? And they took out those legends Cryme Tyme too?! Good lord those two teams definitely aren't jobber teams, no, not at all. :rolleyes:

Vote for Raven and Richards. They easily deserve your vote over Jerishow, which only exists because Edge got injured.

yeah but you know if this match ever actually happened, jerishow would win, because frankly they've always been portrayed as big time players, and i'm sorry to say it but being ecw tag champions isn't as prestigious as winning the wcw/wwe titles, which these guys have done numerous times. plus they won't be allowed to use weapons, which makes their ecw wins even more meaningless. contrast that to big show, who's simply massive, and jericho's far superior technical skills, and all you have is a win for the mighty jerishow. the more i think about it the more i think this would be a squash for jerishow tbh.

I could see Jericho, to get some major heat in Mexico, come out wearing one of Rey Mysterio's masks. And then being the sneaky devil he is, get Raven and Richards DQ'd by having it removed. This being 2 out of 3 falls, I gotta give my vote to JeriShow. I think Raven and Richards will get a fall in here, but in the end, I think JeriShow gets the win. Whether it is from a knockout punch from Big Show or a Codebreaker from Jericho, they get the win here.

I am voting for the new tag team that has been impressing me lately. I live the team of Jericho and Big Show. They put on an excellent match against Henry and MVP this Sunday. Sure they haven't been wrestling for long, nut the have shown great teamwork so far.

I'll take a Raven and Stevie Richards in their prime over an older (but still excellent) Jericho and an over-the-hill Big Show.
I'm not buying that at all. He had a great match with Cena on SmackDown going into Mania and with Taker before Backlash. Sure, Show's booking is often bipolar and unflattering, but the Big Man can go more than he will ever be given credit for... even in 2009.

I'm with TM on being impressed with the newly formed duo. I think the unimpressed need only blame less then top notch oppostion. Cryme Tyme are very good at not living up to their massive crowd response and that's about it. JeriShow need better opposition.

further proof that raven & richards ecw success means jackshit: xfear believes it too!​

nevermind that ecw has rules totally different to the rules under which this match will be conducted, consider this for a second.

exhibit A - in the Carlito vs Impact Players thread

...Irrelevant either way I guess, because they aren't going over The Impact Players, the best tag team in ECW history (who weren't named the Dudleys).

exhibit B - in the Dudleyz vs Midnight Express thread

:disappointed:

Really people? You're voting for the Dudleys over the Midnight Express? For shame.

The Dudleys have to be the most overrated tag team in the history of wrestling. They're incapable of having a good match that doesn't involve weapons. "But xfear, they've won 9000 tag titles!" Hmm, that might impress me if even half of their reigns meant a fucking thing.

There's no way I'm putting the Dudleys over the Midnight Express. No way.

Nearly half of their tag reigns have been in ECW - what should we take from this? xfear thinks the ECW tag titles mean jackshit. If he's rubbishing the validity of the Dudleyz reigns, how can he expect us to really give a shit about Raven and Steven Richards few runs with those belts? Oh, right, he can't. Dudleyz were the best team in ECW, and xfear thinks their title reigns meant jackshit - so what reason to we have to allow an inferior ECW team to proceed?

further proof that raven & richards ecw sucess means jackshit: xfear believes it too!​

I think you're confusing "proof" with "taking sentences out of context and attempting to spin them to fit your agenda". Easy mistake.

nevermind that ecw has rules totally different to the rules under which this match will be conducted, consider this for a second.

exhibit A - in the Carlito vs Impact Players thread

So because I don't think Raven and Richards are the best tag team in ECW history, that proves what? I never claimed they were the greatest ECW tag team. They were better than Jerishow are though.

exhibit B - in the Dudleyz vs Midnight Express thread

Nearly half of their tag reigns have been in ECW

Lol, really? They won the tag titles 8 times in ECW. They won more tag titles than that in the WWE. Not sure how good your math skills are but, 8 is definitely not half of 23, nor is it "nearly". 11.5 is half of 23. Not 8.

And because I think the Dudley's are overrated, how does that pertain to their ECW time? Oh wait, it doesn't, because I also said in that post that I feel they haven't been a very good team in about a decade---or since they LEFT ECW. Reading comprehension---try it out.

what should we take from this? xfear thinks the ECW tag titles mean jackshit.

Lol where did I say anything of the sort? I didn't, at all, so right now you're talking directly out of your ass. Congratulations, you know how to make up lies.

If he's rubbishing the validity of the Dudleyz reigns, how can he expect us to really give a shit about Raven and Steven Richards few runs with those belts? Oh, right, he can't. Dudleyz were the best team in ECW, and xfear thinks their title reigns meant jackshit - so what reason to we have to allow an inferior ECW team to proceed?

Absolutely fucking hilarious. Show me where I ever said the ECW tag titles meant jack shit. I didn't. Ever.

Was that your attempt at "debate"? Because it was pathetic.

yeah but how does that really answer anything?

It was a response to your asinine post which was nothing more than a thinly veiled attack on me, and not the actual debate.

raven and richards sucked dick outside of ecw

Right, because sucking dick must mean something negative right? Congratulations on breaking our rule on prejudicial remarks.

a reigon that has very specific rules and allowances.

You do realize Raven and Stevie Richards wrestled for years in other promotions other than ECW, right? WCW and WWE don't count anymore? TNA?

in mexico they're going to have to *actualyl wrestle* as opposed to hit jerishow with weapons - jericho and big show made their name in wcw and wwf, where extreme rules etc aren't the norm. therefore, they'll be better suited to the conditions, whereas when you put raven and stevie richards into such an environment you get a solid midcarder/hardcore belt **** and a bona fide jobber. sorry.

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about. Raven won the NWA Championship in the second largest promotion in the country. Or is the NWA Title now not impressive?

I also said in that post that I feel they haven't been a very good team in about a decade---or since they LEFT ECW. Reading comprehension---try it out.

no you didn't say that last bit - go read your post - it'll help :) haha

Congratulations, you know how to make up lies.

oh right, I make up lies. hi, i'm xfear the pot - the kettle is black

8 is definitely not half of 23, nor is it "nearly". 11.5 is half of 23. Not 8.

oh right, a technicality. 8 is still a fairly large percentage of their title wins. more than a third tbh.

So because I don't think Raven and Richards are the best tag team in ECW history, that proves what? I never claimed they were the greatest ECW tag team. They were better than Jerishow are though.

oh hi, can't you follow a line of discussion that doesn't have petty sarcastic comments peppered throughout? you think the dudleyz were the best, and you pretty much belittled every achievement they've got - so why should we vote for an even more inferior team? you placed all this emphasis on how good a team raven and richards were in ecw. then you pretty much say the best team in ecw weren't that good. so that makes raven and richards look even worse.

no you didn't say that last bit - go read your post - it'll help :) haha

A) You clearly don't understand the difference between saying half of their title reigns were meaningless, and saying the titles themselves were meaningless. You realize a title reign is different from a title itself, right? The WWE title is a meaningful title, but people have still had meaningless title reigns with it. Like Kane. Tell me you understand the difference between a title reign and a title's value.

B) You're right, it was my next post in that same thread :rolleyes:

Personally, I find the Dudleys to be overrated though. They haven't been good in about a decade.

Is reading really that difficult?

oh right, I make up lies. hi, i'm xfear the pot - the kettle is black

Direct me to where I made up lies about you. I haven't. Ever. You, on the other hand, just shoved a bunch of words in my mouth that had absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying.

oh right, a technicality. 8 is still a fairly large percentage of their title wins. more than a third tbh.

What's your point? Title REIGNS. Do you understand what that word means? You can have shitty title reigns with a prestigious title, it happens all the time.

you think the dudleyz were the best, and you pretty much belittled every achievement they've got

Yeah, I sure as fuck did not. I said I personally think they are overrated.

so why should we vote for an even more inferior team?

Because they're better than Jerishow. Pretty simple logic here.

you placed all this emphasis on how good a team raven and richards were in ecw.

Not really. I just said they were better than Jerishow. Which they were.

then you pretty much say the best team in ecw weren't that good. so that makes raven and richards look even worse.

And yet they're still better than Jerishow.

It was about time somebody pulled the bullshit excuse that Raven and Richards can't win without weapons involved. Raven and Richards can certainly hold their own without weapons and their tag team experience is longer than Jericho and Big Show's. I haven't been too impressed with Jerishow because they haven't beat anybody and Raven and Richards beat some of the best tag teams in ECW so I believe they will get the win.

I went with Jerishow but it wasn't easy. Raven from this era was simply great (still better than Edge). Richards....not so much. That's the key to me: Richards is too much of a liability for Raven to take out two former world champions, especially one the size of Big Show. Jericho and Raven is a near dream match, but it leaves a career jobber against a multi-time world champion. That punch is just lethal, so I have to go with the Unified champions.

I went with Raven and Richards simply because Raven is awesome, think he's under rated in my opinion, his in ring phycology is second to none and would make Jerishow his pawns, using Richards as his biatch then hit Show with a school boy haha just joking.

If this was anything but a match in Mexico, then I believe Raven & Stevie Richards would win. Raven is much better at playing mind games than either one of Jericho or Show & Stevie Richards knows how to use his feet for some killer blows. Couple this with the fact that both have experience with each other & chemistry, plus the amount of time being in the ring & having the psychology to make great matches... they could steal a victory.

However, its two out of three falls. Big Show may not have the stamina to endure the whole longevity of the match, but he does have the endurance that will not allow him to be pinned. Jericho has stamina to withstand the offense of Raven/Richards. He knows what these men are capable of & can utilise his psychology to get around to sneak the falls. Couple this with Big Show's deadly KnockOut punch & that devastating spear & you have a decisive victor.

Jerishow for the win.

Hmmmm......... Hard one but I'm gonna go with Show and Jericho on this.... Ahhh, it's pretty hard this one but I don't rate Richards that high so with that in mind I gotta go with the 2 unified champs over Raven and Richards. Raven is awesome but I don't see Richards as good, Big Show and Jericho can certainly hold their own against these guys but Raven and Richards will probably get at least one fall in this match.

JeriShow FTW here.

This is fucking ridiculous.

Seriously, Show and Jericho have been together, what, 2 weeks? And what have they done? NOTHING. The only memorable thing from this partnership was Show getting owned by Shaq. That's literally it. What else have they done? Please, someone tell me? The answer is absolutely nothing. Hell, they wouldn't even be a team if Edge wouldn't have gotten hurt in the first fucking place. They're just another random, stupid ass pairing, and were given the Tag Titles just because there was no one else to give them to. And since getting them, they haven't done a damn thing worth mentioning. They're both great singles wrestlers, no doubt, but as a team they haven't done not one thing to prove they're worth a shit.

Raven and Stevie Richards, on the other hand, were entertaining their entire time as a team, which was about 2 years. They held the ECW Tag Team Titles on a couple of occasions, and got wins over the Pitbulls, Steiners (house show, but still counts), Public Enemy, and plenty of others. Also, they had some great managers throughout this time as well (Beulah, Francine, Meanie, Nova, Brian Lee, etc.).

The fact is... Raven and Richards matches together as a team were better than anything Jericho/Show has done since they paired up a couple of weeks ago, and they actually participated in storylines that lasted over a fucking day.

And if this match were to take place, especially in Mexico where pretty much anything goes, Raven and Richards would have found a way to win. Jericho and especially Show just aren't intelligent enough to handle a sadistic mind like Raven's, and that's a fact.

I'm liking what I see from Jerishow, but really? They're beating Raven and Richards? For those of you that don't know, or don't remember, Stevie Richards was part of the double main event at ECW's first PPV during his time as Raven's lackey. Raven was also the top going gimmick at the time, and was one of the best champs around. They'd also have the help of Nova and Meanie on the outside, so I think that equals whatever Show brings, and then some. Jericho is great, one of the best ever, but as a tag match, I need to give this to Raven and Richards.

I'm not sure here. Raven and Richards were certainly a good team in ECW, but I don't know if they have enough to take Jericho and Show in two falls. Mexican wrestling doesn't really lend itself to referee distraction and weapons shots very often, so that idea is out the window, and I don't think that either Raven or certainly Richards would be able to get up from Show's right hand.

It's the closest so far, but I think Jericho's experience in Mexico, along with the difficulty to keep Show down twice will probably swing it for Jerishow. A really, really tough one for me, and I'm going to delay voting because I think I could be swayed.

Jerishow gets this here. They've been together for a few months, and have been nothing but dominant during that time. They've pretty much crushed every team put in front of them. This is a team of two main eventers in their primes who seem to have great chemistry toghether, what's not to like?

Raven was a solid and very entertaining wrestler, but I can't see him keeping up with Jericho or Big Show here, even with his magical "mind games", whatever the hell they are. As for Stevie Richards, he's pretty much just a jobber, pure and simple. He would get crushed by both Jericho and Big Show in the ring.

Jerishow wins this, pretty easily at that.

I like the team of Raven and Richards, but I’m going to go with Chris Jericho and the Big Show here. Jericho is on a pretty good run with the Tag Straps right now and his choice in partner isn’t too shabby.

not really - raven is a glorified ecw superstar and richards is a career jobber - what makes you think they can beat the unified tag champs, who contain both the first ever undisputed champion and the only guy to win the wwe, wcw and ecw titles? they're an actual team too, and a team clearly in a higher league than raven and richards.

*Face Palm*

A career jobber? Yeah after he broke his neck and wrestled in WWE he was a jobber, before then? Not quite.

Lets go on group dynamics? A team thrown together because Edge was injured against a team that has such great chemistry, starting from ECW in the beginning of the 90s to even pairing earlier this year, that's some 15 years or so, that's a damn good chemistry. I class them more as an actual team than JeriShow who were forced together and have wins over such great stars as MVP, Henry, Rhodes, DiBiase, and erm Cryme Tyme. WOWsers! Nothing can stop these guys :/

But we all know how well Jericho does against Stevie don't we?

Oh wait...Stevie beat Y2J

Raven and Richards all the way. Raven and Richards would get the shit kicked out of them, but they are indestructible think about it Jericho is a complaining whining heel and Big show is a stupid monster, Raven would outsmart them and fuck with their heads. Jericho and Big show have beaten let's see MVP and Mark Henry what an acomplishment and my favorite Cryme Tyme who have yet to prove themselves. Raevn and richards however have victories over teams like public enemies and the pitbulls established tag teams. So I go with Raven and Richards to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back