Round 1: Day 1. San Antonio, TX

Shawn Michaels vs. Chuck Palumbo

• 1. Shawn Michaels

• 64. Chuck Palumbo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Contrary to my signature, I had to vote for Diamond Dallas Page. I love, let me say that again, I love Ventura for his microphone and announcing ability, but the guy had an incredibly short, lack luster career in the WWWF. The guy is strong as an ox, but really never ammounted to anything. DDP on the other hand is a guy that went balls to the wall every night. He realized he lacked skill, but that didn't keep the guy from busting his ass in WCW at the end. I respect the hell out of the guy that became a major player in a big company after only being the Pink Cadillac driver for the Honky Tonk Man less then ten years before. To bad the WWE screwed him with the Stalker/Yoga Teacher angles.

Honestly, not even a close match. Santino shouldn't be in the same building with Raven. Raven is probably the second best in ring psychologist ever, and as Shadow said, his DDT is second only to one guy in the business. The guy is so fucking good, it's sick. Here is a guy that turned his career from being Scotty Flamingo and Johnny Polo, and turned it into arguably a top 5 gimmick of the last decade. The guy is over wherever he goes. Probably the most brilliant mind in the business today. Santino is a joke, and nothing more. He's a glorified low card jobber that happens to cut the occasional funny promo. He'll be on the unemployment line with Cryme Tyme before too long.

Yugi Nagata, and not a simple choice either. I think Nagata has more in his arsenal then Simmons does. Nagata, while smarter, is still a legit tough guy. I remember Nagata mostly from his run in WCW in 97-98, and that impressed me enough. Sure he beat up the CW's, but that was good enough for me. Simmons is indeed a legit bad ass, but some times the ability to work a body part like Nagata can can negate that power advantage.

I'll agree with IC25's analysis of this match as well. While I love submission style wrestling and the guys taht can work a body part, this isn't a Ron Simmons situation. Bam Bam Bigelow is simply too damn big for one guy to wear down. The only one that has managed to make it look believable was Bret Hart, and he's probably the best when it comes to that. No offense to Williams, but Bam Bam is simply one of the top 2 greatest super heavyweights of all time.

I'm going to ahve to agree with the very vocal minority. Elijah Burkes has managed to do zip in the C brand of the WWE in over a year of being their. Delirious has managed to create one of the best gimmicks going to day, and he's pretty damn enjoyable to watch in the ring too boot. This is going to be a prime example of someone winning based upon exposure only.

Shawn Michaels, without out a doubt. The people who voted for Palumbo are reatrds. Shawn Michaels has a more eventful match, than Palumbo has of a career. Palumbo has nothing, no mic skills, in-ring skills, he isn't over, evry gimmick is terrible. I mean the only thing he may have is the "look", but that (thanks to 'roids) is the easiest to get. If the vote for HBK goes below 90% I have lost all faith in mankind.

As much as want Santino, I can't say that he's better than Raven. Raven has more experience, and is over with the fans. While Santino is a strong up-and-comer this will be a landslide loss for the Milan Miracle. Even though Marella has better mic skills than Raven, Ravne has everything else. So sadly I had to cast my vote against The Milan Miracle. A match between the two would go no longer than 10 minutes, with Raven going over.

Sean has talent. He just also happens to be a fuck up and an asshole. I liked his stuff from 98 & 99, he actually made the European Belt memorable. And he was pretty decent as the Kid too, he just had a bad gimmick.

Bubba on the other hand never impressed me, outside of his mic skills as a heel. No Dudley has ever really impressed me at all in the ring. And in a traditional one-on-one match, he's got no finisher and no tables, the only 2 things that ever made him remotely entertaining.

X-Pac takes it.

I don't like Jesse's work in the ring. He was just another Billy Graham ripoff who got by on the mic alone.

DDP was WCW's Rock. Entertaining as hell but extremely minimalistic in the ring. The few moves he did use however, he did well.

The real deciding factor for me here is the fact that he can pull out the Diamond Cutter at any time, even in the middle of a beatdown from the Body. DDP takes it.

Yeah, I agree with Jake. I don't think people should be voting if they haven't seen both guys work. That's how I've been approching this because I currently don't have time to do any research.

Luckily, I have seen both of these guys and have to go with Delerious, who constantly puts on good/great matches, while Burke has had over a year of National exposure and has done nothing.

X-Pac easily. The guy was incredibly talented in his early years. He just didn't know how to evolve his character. Also if he wasn't such a fuck up he probably have been a WWE world champ. Bubbah on the other hand can talk and do gimmick matches. So can other people. and they aren't as grossly obese.

No need for the link to show who voted for who as it is not public in this case.

This is a real toss up. A lard arse vs. a Jobber to the stars. Ill have to go with Waltman in this case as has been said before he had talent but his company jumping wouldn't help him in anyway in developing as a wrestler. Now he is a Indy wrestler. Ill go with Waltman on the basis that he ha beaten the current NWA heavyweight champion in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back