• #25 Ron Simmons

• #9 Bam Bam Bigelow

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#25 Ron Simmons vs. #9 The Beast From the East, Bam Bam Bigelow

The following match takes place in San Antonio, TX under normal WWE Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play
3. Will crowd be a factor.
4. This is the last round of non gimmick matches, so choose carefully.

I love that Ronny Rehab has gotten through to round three, and is now in a match that he absolutely can win. Bam Bam is among the best SHW's in wrestling history, but Ron Simmons has the power, intensity, and will power to match up well with the big fella. If Scott were still alive and Simmons in his prime, this is a feud I'd love to see in old school WCW. Man, Bigelow would work so well with Simmons.

I voted Simmons. I think he's an upset story waiting to happen in this tournament, and though I usually stand by the SHW's (for whatever reason I've become their mouthpeice) I have to think that Ron Simmons will catch Bam Bam with a Power Slam Slam around the 30 minute mark. Again, the match is SO EVEN that it has to come down to conditioning, and in a 30-minute match, Simmons is favored.

This match really is a tossup. While Simmons has made it very clear he can hang with the heavyweights, Bigelow may be the most underrated big man ever. I went with Bigelow, but it really could go either way. I think if Bam Bam were to win he'd do it with something quick, as I can't picture him keeping Simmons down long enough for the moonsault or headbutt. Maybe a missed tackle leading to the greetings from asbury park.

ugh its fuckin RIDICULOUS that Simmons got past raven. Im so fuckin pissed.

And now, just as IC said, is in a match were he would most likely go over. For what he lacked in skill, Simmons makes up for in raw power, and could prolly toss Bam Bam like a big ass gummy bear. Bam was never in too much high profile things, and when he was, it was in losing efforts. Same thing here, against simmons in his prime.

Simmons has been getting a ton of love in this tournament. It's welcome, but much, much more then I expected. The run for Damn! ends here though. I really can't believe people think he is going to out power or out last Bam Bam Bigelow. I remember shoots of guys talking about Bigelow and saying the guy could go for thirty minutes and not even breath heavy. Bigelow is a beast. I liken him to the thirteen year old kid that doesn't realize he's 6'6". For all intents and purposes he's still a kid, but in a mans body. That's Bigelow, he's a cruiserweight in a SHW's body, but has the talent to use all of the moves. Bigelow wins, and I'm going out on a limb to say that Bigelow should take down HBK in the next round.

Simmons has been getting a ton of love in this tournament. It's welcome, but much, much more then I expected.

Yes, lots of people must have read "4 to vote 4" before the tournament started and done some quality research about Ron Simmons. I love it!

The run for Damn! ends here though.

It should be pointed out, he isn't getting votes because of the DAMN! stuff. Hardly even close. He is getting respect for the late 80's run with Doom and early 90's WCW World Heavyweight Championship run. Maybe even his stuff with ECW and some early Acolytes work or Nation work. Geez, the guy's body of work is even more impressive than I'd remembered!

I really can't believe people think he is going to out power or out last Bam Bam Bigelow.
I remember shoots of guys talking about Bigelow and saying the guy could go for thirty minutes and not even breath heavy. Bigelow is a beast.

Vader is 3x the SHW that Bigelow is, and Simmons beat Vader for the WCW World Title. So why is it so hard to believe that a man with Simmon's raw power and prowess could defeat Bigelow? I love Scott, if he'd run into almost anyone else I'd take him, but Simmons matches up SO WELL against a guy like this.

Bigelow wins, and I'm going out on a limb to say that Bigelow should take down HBK in the next round.

If Bigelow survives, then a match with HBK next round will be awesome. Michaels would beat Simmons, I can admit that, but Bigelow vs HBK would require some thought.

Bam Bam is great. Highly regarded. Main evented Mania. Sommons was in Doom and the APA. First black world champ? Pfft. I bet there was black world champ in Nigeria a 100 years ago. You just don't know his name.

Bigelow would also probably have been WWE champ were it not for Hall, Nash & HBK. Simmons wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back