• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rey Mysterio Suspended.

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
Well, according to WWE.com and wrestlezone, Rey Mysterio has been suspended for failing the Wellness Program. This is his first offense, which will result in a 30 day suspension.

What will this mean for WWE? What will it mean for the Intercontinental Championship? Is this proof that Rey Mysterio will lose the title before Breaking Point?

Please explain your opinion. Why will this effect Smackdown?

Wow! So Rey Rey is susended for failing the welness policy. I'm a little surprised to tell you the truth but I really shouldn't be. I mean Funaki has failed the welness policy before too.

I guess this kind of looks bad on Rey though, seeing how he is HUGE with the kiddies and what not. And it looks "good" on the WWE, since Rey is the reigning IC champion and a big star, so the policy they have in place is "working".

So I guess that mean's he will either lose the title this week on Smackdown, or maybe at a house show. I can't see them letting him hold the belt til the PPV, then let him defend it. So it looks like Dolph will be the champion, and maybe Morrison will become #1 contender.

But really, for shame Rey Mysterio, for shame indeed. I wonder if the WWE would even think about cutting him lose? Probably not, but I for one wouldn't mind(ignore my name).

(Rey Mysterio, Jr) has been suspended for

30 days for a welness violation beginning Wednesday, September 2.

source ,
wwe.com

So what are thoughts on Rey Mysterio's suspenion and what will happen to the intercontinental title?

Well Im shocked about this I think Mysterio has been suspended for the first time I don't why he did'nt get a warning like some of the other superstars. Its kind of weird that kids favorite wrestlers fail the wellness policy like jeff hardy and now rey mysterio. So about the I.C. title . I think they will vacate the title and have a tournament or probably a battle royal. Or hand dolph ziggler
the championship. So what are your thoughts on this shocking news?

Didn't they have another wrestler violate the policy and just take him off tv for a while and then come back?:confused: So they could do that with Rey since he isn't breaking the policy but they should give the title to Ziggler on Smackdown next Friday and then just suspend him after that?

But why did he violate the policy is my question? Roids? or maybe something less serious, like weed? Either way, definitely doesn't look good on Rey Rey. Give Morrison the belt.

In a sick, sick way, I'm excited. His suspension begins on September 2, which means he'll be at the September 1st tapings - where I will be also. Therefore, I almost certainly get to see him drop the IC title to, presumably, the winner of tonight's three way number one contenders match. I like title changes, and I'd like the title on any of those three guys, Knox, Finlay, or Ziggler, so...like I said, sick, but I'm excited.

But, in a more unbiased perspective, this does kind of suck for SmackDown. Rey is one of the best workers on the show, he's very popular with all audiences, he's a great IC Champion, and he's been in the best undercard feuds in a damn long time. He's in a large part responsible for the IC title becoming so much more prestigious this year. It's sad to see him gone, even if only for a month.

That last part, however, should be emphasized, because it's only a month, and let's not kid ourselves, this is Rey Mysterio. He's not getting any less over and he's not moving anywhere down the card. I wouldn't be surprised to see him with IC gold back around his waist later this year. It's a shame to see him out for a month, it's sad to know who either thinks he needs roids or he's on hard drugs, but he's going to be back very soon and probably without missing a beat, really. A minor shame, but overall, not an enormous impact at the end of the day.

It always sucks when a guy is suspended, but this is a huge break for Dolph Ziggler. I can almost guarantee he is going to get the IC Title out of this, and more than likely will be the on-screen reason why Rey is off TV. Dolph will win the belt and "injure" Rey so he can be off TV.

It will be tough for SmackDown, because, as previously stated, Rey is a great worker, and now I won't get to see him at the tapings the week after Harthan :disappointed:. He will be back, though, and it will allow the writers to decide where he and Morrison will fall in the big picture, because there isn't room for both of them as the number 2 face after Taker on the show.

The stupid part is that Rey Mysterio was the one who wanted the long Intercontinental Title reign. And WWE was probably going to give it to him, but with Rey Mysterio failing that drug test, he may not regain the title upon his return. He was doing really good as the champion, but now it will all be taken away. And who's to blame? I love Rey Mysterio but that was a dumb thing to do, especially considering the fact that he isn't addicted and didn't and doesn't need rehab.

I never thought i would see the day that Rey Mysterio would be caught taking something, he doesnt even look like the kind of guy that would be on anything to begin with?, I just hope they dont strip him of the IC belt because it would destroy any credibility that the title has and kill any chance of his feud with Ziggler progressing.

This situation will see a number of scenarios playing out, with the most likely being rey dropping the belt, I just hope that im wrong about this and the wwe will put the IC title feud on hold until they can get him back which i highly doubt.

I never thought i would see the day that Rey Mysterio would be caught taking something, he doesnt even look like the kind of guy that would be on anything to begin with?, I just hope they dont strip him of the IC belt because it would destroy any credibility that the title has and kill any chance of his feud with Ziggler progressing.

This situation will see a number of scenarios playing out, with the most likely being rey dropping the belt, I just hope that im wrong about this and the wwe will put the IC title feud on hold until they can get him back which i highly doubt.

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far.. I mean, if you go back and watch the old tapes of him from WCW and compare them to now.. He is definitely A LOT bigger, like Triple H bigger.

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. Rey's name has come up numerous times when there was an investigation into the pharmacy scandal. Infact I was sure he'd already been suspended once before but obviously not.
Maybe he's hoping to get the junkie push now Jeff Hardy is gone?

I don't think they should have Rey drop the title on smackdown. I think having Dolph coming out and "destorying" Rey ending in him getting injured and vacating the title. then the next week on Smackdown Dolph could demand the IC Title since he is the No 1 contender. Long instead makes a Battle Royal for that night where the winner will go on to Breaking Point (John Morrison). Dolph wins the title and when Rey comes back they can start a "injury revenge storyline" were Rey can claim that Dolph never actually beat him for the title.

Overall its obvious that this is gunna harm Rey greatly as having being mentioned already Rey is very popular with the younger population. It is also gunna hurt Smackdown as well as with Hardy leaving there are only 3 main events left (Undertaker, CM Punk & Chris Jericho and if i'm forgetting some one say).

as for the reason why I really do hope that it isnt steriods (but cant help but look at the difference between photos Rey from 96 and 09). but my guess is that it has to be weed or something like that cause steriod taking is just idiotic these days in the WWE.

It's not weed, weed is actually not a welness policy violation. You will get fined again and again, but not suspened, unless the WWE gets sick of how often you pop positive and do not take help they offer, then they'll release you, but it's actually not a welness policy violation.

My guess is it is some sort of HGH, which sucks for Rey, if he feels he needs that stuff to stay in ring shape. I say if you have to rely on a HGH to stay in ring shape or get back in ring shape, you have no reason to continue to wrestle. If Rey really is having a hard time remaining in shape, he should take a lesser schedule or take a few months off rather than juice. It's stupid and pointless. This is bad for Rey, while I am sure he'll back in 30 days, I doubt he'll be anywhere near the IC title for a while. He'll definitely be under the microscope now, especially since he was one of the figureheads for the PG Era and is now suspended. Bad bad move on Rey's part.

It's quite a blow for me. I was really enjoying the feud with Ziggler but now they may give Ziggler the belt a tad too early and the reign might just fizzle away. Rey was doing a great job for Smackdown, Ziggler and the IC Championship but he's fucked it up now.

He'll be back just as popular as before but wether WWE have the same trust in him they had before is a different question. I just hope they don't fuck up the IC title. They need to get Ziggler into a really good feud with perhaps Morrison or Hardy... I dunno but that's my biggest fear, losing the credibility that Rey has brought to the IC title this year.

For those who don't recall it right, John Morrison was suspended and he did compete after he was suspended, they did the same thing, applying the suspension after he competed on ECW against CM Punk, in his "Last Chance Match" where Punk became for the first time ECW Champion.

About Rey Mysterio's suspension, well, destiny is just this. He was selfish enough to not drop the title to Ziggler at Summerslam, now he has to do it anyway, suck it, Mysterio, live with it.

I'm guessing that at Breaking Point we will see Ziggler vs. Morrison and that he is fresher than any Mysterio match.

I'm not going to lie, I was shocked when I saw the headline that Rey was suspended. Bad break from him since he was having a good run with the IC title. I wonder what Vince is thinking since Rey was the one who wanted a long title run and now he pulls a stunt like this. It looks like he will drop the belt and the only choice I think there is will be Dolph Ziggler.

It's a shame really because ever since the Elimination Chamber match, Rey has been performing very, very well. I wonder what's going to happen to his push. Continue when he comes back, or maybe a little punishment where he gets put into something less significant?

DAAAAAAMN! I never would have thought that Rey Mysterio would get suspended for violating the wellness policy.Then again, he is pretty muscular for a little guy...

Even though it's only a month, this is still a blow to Smackdown; for the next 30 days, they have to go without Edge, Jeff, AND Mysterio. Sucks for Rey, but it could give faces like R-Truth and Finlay a chance to shine.

I guess this means that Ziggler will be winning the IC title sooner rather than later, probably on next week's Smackdown. I was really enjoying their fued so to have it end this abruptly and for Ziggler to not win the belt on ppv sucks. With Rey out, I guess Morrison or R-Truth will fued with Ziggler over the belt (hopefully Truth, he needs it more than JoMo)

I was very suprised too, he's the last person you'd suspect to be suspended, given he's had alot of shelf time with injuries in the past 5 years. I would think it's more the case of him needing it to keep his knee healthy.

It does blow for Smackdown given that they just lost Hardy and now Mysterio in the space of a fortnight for a month. The two men who make the most merchandise on Smackdown being away from the screens. While it blows for Smackdown's face front, it's a good time for Dolph Ziggler to rise and show that he can be a credible champion, regardless of Rey wanting a long reign, it's a chance to show he is capable. If not, he can always drop it to Mysterio when he gets back.

This may sound like a silly question but what the Hell. Am I the only one who thinks that Ziggler wont win the title in Rey's absence?

Nevertheless, Rey committed the crime and must take the punishment that comes along with it, there is no fighting that. As someone said before, he is the last person you would expect to violate the Wellness Policy but he has and as such, he will serve his suspension. I just don't see why he would want to really, he looks good in the ring and he is IC champ. I mean, he had everything to lose and nothing to gain really. I will be glad when he is back.

Now that is out of the way, I think that the WWE IC title scene could get very interesting now and there are many people who could step into that role including Ziggler. Morrison is another. I mean, let's not jump to any conclusions that Ziggler will definitely take the belt but it is likely he will.

I personally am suspicious that this was done as a punishment to Rey trying for tell management that he wanted a longer title reign ... when they wanted to give it to Ziggler.

WWE seems to have a tendency to selectively enforce its Wellness Policy when they want to. I'm sure between Mysterio giving WWE an attitude about how they were treating, combined with him trying to throw his weight around regarding a longer title reign ... this was their way of simply putting him in his place.

Mysterio on roids should really surprise no one. His name did come up in the Signature Pharmacy scandal.

I wouldn't be surprised if has done roids, I don't even care, but he was a ton smaller 10 years ago.

I was surprised that he got suspended for a violation, for whatever drug it was, as he is a top babyface that is incredibly marketable, and is the current IC champ. AFTER he asked to hold on to it for a little longer.

It's just odd, and I wouldn't put it against WWE to call it not too long after him trying to have a long reign.

Well this is pretty shocking to be honest. I wasn't expecting Mysterio of all people to fail a drug test, always assumed he was clean considering his rather small stature. Though really when you look at Rey Mysterio in 2009 and compare it to Rey Mysterio from 10 years ago, there's a big, big different in muscle tone and body size. Makes sense now that I think about it actually. This is a huge hit to Mysterio though. After complaining to WWE creative that he wanted to hold onto the IC title for a long title reign (and being granted that request), him being suspended for 30 days pretty much kills Mysterio's pull for the moment.

As for what this means in the present sense, who knows. I imagine they'll find a way to give Ziggler the IC title now, it should be interesting to see what creative does with the title now that Mysterio is going to be gone for a month.

This is very sad news. Good thing the Undertaker is back, with Hardy and Mysterio both gone from Smackdown now they're going to need as much star power as they can get. I wouldn't be shocked to see someone traded over to Smackdown to help out now.

Simply put, The WWE needs John Morrison even more than I already thought they would.

I mean, seriously, when you think about it, they already needed a face to take the place of a departing Jeff Hardy. And honestly, Rey Mysterio was the last main event face they had that was a dependable workhorse, and could work a guaranteed terrfic match every night he was out there. I can't tell you how invaluable that was for the WWE, and and how much they're going to miss that. Sure, you have The Undertaker, and admittedly, that heals the blow a bit. But how much longer can The Undertaker go? I'm not completely sold that the guy is a hundred percent ok yet, and I won't be until I watch the guy work an actual match. What if he's still hurt from Wrestlemania?

John Morrison puts on adequate to great matches whenever he is out there. He has looked really good to me in the past few weeks. Is he ready for the main event? Shit no. But now the WWE needs for Morrison to truly step up, and take Rey Mysterio's role. He has to present himself as the face workhorse of Smackdown, or they may be in a dire position.

As for Rey... I wouldn't be surprised to know he's on the juice. Come on, take a look at him compared to 1996. Want me to do the comparison for you?

Here's a picture of Rey, circa.... I don't know. I guess 1996...

0000912056-99252L.jpg

As to now? Well....

2816368480083270591ztMEUy_ph.jpg

Come on now, guys. I like Rey as much as the next guy, but you can't tell me that you don't sense a noticable change in muscle when he arrived in The WWE. Let's not be naïve.... It's very possible Rey is on the juice. Now, to his credit, this is his first positive test, so I may be wrong. But honestly, just because he may be 5'6", that doesn't mean there's no chance the guy is on the gas.

Perhaps I missed someone else saying it already, but why the fuck are you people surprised that Mysterio failed the Wellness Policy? Not only is he huge compared to what he used to be, his name was linked with the doctor from the SI uncovering of the online pharmacy a couple years ago. I don't think they ever got him, but the fact that his name was in the doctor's files for different agents certainly is an indicator.

I fail to see why people are surprised by this.

I personally am suspicious that this was done as a punishment to Rey trying for tell management that he wanted a longer title reign ... when they wanted to give it to Ziggler.

I don't know if I would go as far as saying that it was wwe punishing him. I just don't see that happening. Why would WWE punish one of their most over wrestlers, because he wanted a longer reign? That's where I find that argument flawed. Like I said Rey is one of WWE's most over talent, not only that he brings in more money than almost anyone. I agree that WWE has had have a tendency to put wrestlers in their place. However, I disagree in this case. It just doesn't make sense, for them to take him out for 30 days just to put him in his place.

With that said, I'm no really surprised that Rey was on juice. As many have said just look at his size. The guy has defiantly grown since his cruiserweight days in wcw. It's fairly obvious. Now I'm kinda upset, because he was really bringing credibility to the title. Which it was lacking. I wasn't sure that Ziggler was ready for the title yet. Though it looks as if he will get it. Though I'm not completely sure. I think Morrison will play a role some how. I do think that this would be a great way for them to go into feud between Morrison and Ziggler. They have been slowly pushing Morrison up the ladder, and I think that it's time for him to get his shot. Smackdown is now lacking in a high midcard face, so Morrison is really their only option.

So I see Ziggler winning the belt, and starting a feud with Morrison, till Rey gets back. In which he will somehow be involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back