• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rey Mysterio Suspended

It's extremely disappointing, but I'm not surprised in the least. As it says, it's his 2nd offense. Very said that guys like Mysterio and Evan Bourne can't stay clean.

I wonder what the violation is for...I'm assuming some kind of drugs that he was never prescribed to recover from his injuries. It will be interesting to see how his career will continue in spite of this.

Wouldn't be surprised if he leaves WWE sooner than later. I've been bored of him for a while now. I liked him back in WCW and early in WWE days.

I'm quite surprised about this but my first instinct was that he failed because of some drug to aid his recovery.

Whether he's been smoking crack, roiding up, shooting up smack, or just been taking some questionable aspirin, it's a sad day for me and anybody else that likes, you know, good wrestling.

There's a myriad of wrestlers on the roster that I want Rey to have some matches with. In fact, I've compiled a list:

• Everyone and anyone.
  • Anyone and everyone.

A sixty day suspension on top of apparent contractual difficulties - that's no good for all those wonder feuds waiting to happen.

I have zero sympathy for Mysterio.While I acknowledge there may be many so called contributing factors, and I realize he's been on the shelf for quite some time, there's simply no excuse. Mysterio is one of WWE's most prolific veterans, and as such should be a locker room leader and standard bearer. To get busted and suspended before you are even cleared form injury is just embarassing, and sets the tone for why others continue to get nailed. If the top guys in the company aren't towing the line, other's will also not feel the need to follow.

Given what happened to Truth and Bourne, I would have thought maybe lessons would have been learned, but guess not.

At least now he has extra time to rehab his injury...idiot.

Whether he's been smoking crack, roiding up, shooting up smack, or just been taking some questionable aspirin, it's a sad day for me and anybody else that likes, you know, good wrestling.

There's a myriad of wrestlers on the roster that I want Rey to have some matches with. In fact, I've compiled a list:

• Everyone and anyone.
  • Anyone and everyone.

A sixty day suspension on top of apparent contractual difficulties - that's no good for all those wonder feuds waiting to happen.

Are you serious? Rey Mysterio is probably the most boring main eventer in the WWE. He was an entertaining cruiserweight in ECW and WCW....over a decade ago. Now it's HURRICANRANNA! HURRICANRANNA! WEST COAST POP! 619! YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Snore.

The only thing I thought of when I saw this news was "Good, at least two more months of him not being on my TV."

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. He would have been out that much longer anyway. He doesn't fit into any story lines right now, he doesn't add anything to the current roster, and it would be the same song and dance he's done for the last 10 years anyway. Honestly, he's ran his course. Give him something fresh or let him go. I don't think Rey has ever been heel in WWE. THAT'S something that would be fresh. Maybe he could go around as a legitimate little tough guy and bully people around despite his size. Have him get in the ring and prove why people should be afraid of him. Have him cheat mercilessly to the point where he beats up refs if they catch him and maybe even have a ref call a match a certain because they are afraid of him.

I don't know. Just throwing ideas out there.

As I said on the article though: Booyah Kah, Booyah Kah, Six-Ty-Days. Won't even notice and haven't noticed you gone, Rey. Only thing he does is sell merchandise.

I find it funny that WWE Suspends ALMOST Everyone minus John Cena and HHH, come on you can not tell me that those two do not use drugs Hell although some people claim that Scott Steiner has lied about a lot of shit but I was watching an interview with him on you tube he admitted that WWE wanted him to take a drug test and he flat out said '' I will take one if HHH takes one '' and WWE never gave Steiner a drug test so to me that's bullshit on WWE's part,

and with Rey Rey he was out with an injury any how to began with so his 60 days should not even count since his out of action any how, they should drug test Vince himself as well I wonder what would happen if Vince came up positive for drugs. Hmm.

I find it funny that WWE Suspends ALMOST Everyone minus John Cena and HHH, come on you can not tell me that those two do not use drugs Hell although some people claim that Scott Steiner has lied about a lot of shit but I was watching an interview with him on you tube he admitted that WWE wanted him to take a drug test and he flat out said '' I will take one if HHH takes one '' and WWE never gave Steiner a drug test so to me that's bullshit on WWE's part,

and with Rey he was out with an injury any how to began with so his 60 days should not even count since his out of action any how, they should drug test Vince himself as well I wonder what would happen if Vince came up positive for drugs. Hmm.
Can we go one topic without this turning into a HHH/Cena bashing thing, geez.

As for Rey, well, you know, he is supposed to be senior member of the roster, and he pulls this? Plus, the guy is caught up in messy contract negotiations, and he pulls this? The hold up with the WWE wanting to resign him, has been all the 'down time' he has had during his contract...and this happens? A Release....is surely coming....

and with Rey Rey he was out with an injury any how to began with so his 60 days should not even count since his out of action any how, they should drug test Vince himself as well I wonder what would happen if Vince came up positive for drugs. Hmm.

WWE has a very strict drug testing policy, Cena/HHH etc... either are working around the banned list, or surprise surprise, not actually roided up and just have strong work ethics (Cena specifically works on his body an immense amount)

3 suspensions and out policy is a solid one, but Rey isn't some young buck, he needs to be setting examples not being a junky and this is an awful way for possibly his last real run to be delayed. The people administering his drugs know what he's on for his recovery, and there's no way a prescribed med would set off a failed drug test under his circumstances, he's on something that he's signed a contract saying he wouldn't use, he needs the punishment.

It kind of sucks, because as I said, this is probably his last run and I've been waiting for his return for a while as he has just enough gas left to give us a show, definitely hurts WWE, so anyone thinking it's a payback or anything, you're delusional Rey Rey is a draw and they wouldn't suspend him if they didn't have good reason to.

I was not bashing on HHH I was quoting what Scott Steiner said in an interview and he told WWE He would gladly take one if they agree to text HHH as well. and as far as the poster boy goes yes I am bashing on him I will gladly admit to that.

I think the writing is on the wall for Mysterio now. Seemingly his heart hasn't been in wrestling for a while now. He hasn't been seen in months and supposedly he was involved in a contract dispute. He's dealt with his share of injuries over the past several years too. It might be time to get out while the getting is good. He's still a young man and I'm sure he's made plenty of money to comfortably retire.

WWE may have had enough of him by now too. He's a great performer but with the contract dispute and constant injuries he may have worn out his welcome. He's had a great run. When he first showed up ten years ago I didn't think he would have had as much success as he did. It might just be time to shake hands and part ways. Too bad because Rey is a consistent face who can transition from mid card to main event with ease. With all the heels in the WWE midcard today another face or two is needed.

I understand the WWE has a strict policy, but its for all the superstars own good. I wouldn't really expect Rey Rey to be doping up or anything, So I really hope it was for an illegal pain killer or something, and not synthetic pot or steroids.

I find it funny how one of you brought up that quote about Scott Steiner saying he'd take a drug test if the WWE gave HHH one.

Anyways, do you guys remember a couple of months back when I think the #1 referee or their top ref (i think it was Mike Kyota or something) was suspended 30 days. Any of you remember what it was for?

Yea im sure it was pain meds for his knee he’s gotta be in alot of pain and i dont think coming back to wrestling in a active wrestler contract is in his best interest..It would be cool if WWE started backing their crusierweights a little more and he trained them though...or if he was a manager for someone.

Rey was done once for roids before during his first suspension, if memory serves me, it would be interesting in the coming days once info leaks out to find out what it was.

WWE has a very strict drug testing policy, Cena/HHH etc... either are working around the banned list, or surprise surprise, not actually roided up and just have strong work ethics (Cena specifically works on his body an immense amount)

3 suspensions and out policy is a solid one, but Rey isn't some young buck, he needs to be setting examples not being a junky and this is an awful way for possibly his last real run to be delayed. The people administering his drugs know what he's on for his recovery, and there's no way a prescribed med would set off a failed drug test under his circumstances, he's on something that he's signed a contract saying he wouldn't use, he needs the punishment.

It kind of sucks, because as I said, this is probably his last run and I've been waiting for his return for a while as he has just enough gas left to give us a show, definitely hurts WWE, so anyone thinking it's a payback or anything, you're delusional Rey Rey is a draw and they wouldn't suspend him if they didn't have good reason to.

You obviously don't know much about training. If you spend too much time training, you cause your body to overtrain which leads to injuries and slowed gains.

Also, you need good food and 8 hours of rest to be able to attain/maintain a physique like that. Odds are on the road he's eating at mcdonalds. And we know he gets next to no sleep. This things are essential to training.

He's clearly on something. I tell you what, he probably uses short ester steroids or suspensions so that when they give him the heads up for his drug test, he can just stop a couple days earlier and pass the test. He's probably also not messing with 19nor steroids or things like winnie. He's probably also using HGH or at the very least IGF-1 peptide.

Triple H on the otherhand is probably just using everything he can get his hands on since he doesn't have to worry about the wellness policy.

If Rey was on gear, it was to get back in to shape so he can return.

I'm not going go off to much on Rey yet at least until we find out the exact details of the violation. It could be a serious drug usage similar to Bourne or it could be something he was unaware of like in the Sin Cara case.

Are you serious?

I am serious.

Rey Mysterio is probably the most boring main eventer in the WWE.

No, he's not. And "main eventer" is a bit rich too.

He was an entertaining cruiserweight in ECW and WCW....over a decade ago.

WCW I'll give you - he bolstered a great undercard and did more besides. ECW Rey Mysterio was spot monkey garbage; Jackass in a wrestling ring.

Now it's HURRICANRANNA! HURRICANRANNA! WEST COAST POP! 619! YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Snore.

No, it's not. I'd ask you to watch one of his matches.

Since Rey is a respectable veteran who has a family to feed and whos last offense was was due to medication taken during an injury I'm assuming this was also the case this time around. Unlike most people here I'm not severely disappointed in a man whos been treated like shit by the WWE for a while now.

I think it's sad that you would sling mud with zero proof. It's one thing not to like a wrestler, but it's quite another to sink to this level.

As for Rey he should know better. I would expect more from a veteran like him. He should be setting an example for the locker room. And with this being his second screw up I'm beginning to think his inability to stay healthy may be making him desperate to find a way to stay in the game. I'm not sure what the substance was, but I'm thinking it may have something to do with his re-hab rather than a recreational drug.

Yes big big mistake and you'd think rey knows better but he doesnt only problem is though is even though hes in this dipute over his contract they will never release him because he would go to TNA and he is very over and that would help them out ALOT. So they would almost be better to give the guy what he wants just to sit on his ass and act like he is injured. If TNA were to pick him up that would almost be bigger than when they got Kurt Angle.

Difficult contract negotiations followed up by a very public outing for a wellness violation.
Coincidence?

If they weren't pissed at Rey, they could have ignored the positive test or at least hid the suspension behind his injury rehab.

Politics is a bitch.

Difficult contract negotiations followed up by a very public outing for a wellness violation.
Coincidence?

If they weren't pissed at Rey, they could have ignored the positive test or at least hid the suspension behind his injury rehab.

Politics is a bitch.

Rey could probably draw pretty well in Mexico and Japan for the rest of his career. He really doesn't need the WWE. Especially if they're going to violate him and not Cena.

That sucks, I know a lot of people don't like Rey but he consistently puts on great matches.I wonder when he comes back if he's going to go after Del Rio since he's the one that took him out or if they are going to forget about all that.

I even made a video about this suspension today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxFJIptH9js
[YOUTUBE]wxFJIptH9js[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back