• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RAW LD - 2/3/2014 - Please! Say it is a work!

Kermit

the Frog
RAW LD - 2/3/2014 - Please! Say it is a work!

The hottest story right now in wrestling is that concerning the supposed walkout of CM Punk. During an important time in the WWE schedule, one can only hope that this is a welly-constructed work, or something that can be resolved in time for Mania. Will there be any mention at all of Punk on Raw? Or are ties really severed beyond repair?
rcall.jpg

Meanwhile, Bryan rebounded off a disappointing Royal Rumble showing by joining Cena and Sheamus in making the Elimination Chamber for the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Has WWE changed their tune about injecting Bryan into the title match at Mania or is his road to the chamber another dead-end in terms of gold?
642-Bryan.jpg

Finally, on Smackdown our mouths were watered with the announcement of Shield vs. Wyatts at Elimination Chamber. With three weeks to build, is it possible that we might see an added stipulation? If nothing else, we are sure to see increased confrontation, which only means good things for fans watching. Furthermore, how will Cena fit into all of this?
Wyatts-vs-Shield.jpg

:Other Sub-plots:

Alberto Del Rio: Who the hell cares?

Brock Lesnar becomes tag team champions with a steel chair.

Randy Orton: Is it too late to save the grand theft auto gimmick?​

They have to keep the tension alive with Cena and Wyatt so the eventual (likely) match at WM30 happens. I wouldn't be surprised to see a triple threat, 3 man tag team match happen sometime in the next couple weeks. Wyatts v Shield v Cena/Bryan/Sheamus. Or they could knock it down to 2 with just Cena/Bryan.

We could see some funny things happen with the potential for WM matches to be changed. Maybe they move Cena and others around elsewhere due to Punk's absence and DBs popularity.

Its all a work. A double bluff though. I can imagine Vince coming out and saying "I got you! It was real all along! These guys are killing each other every night! Randy Orton hates John Cena, we just make it look like the like each other when the cameras are off! I fooled you! You all bought it! Even my immediate family bought it!"

McMahonDevil.jpg

Raw then? Why not.

I don't know if they have, but CM Punk leaving is a heavy toll on the company, and they want to make it look as if it's all part of the plan, at least to me.

Punk wasn't asked to leave; he just split. The WWE had him ready for a feud with Kane. Now they have to take care of their own and keep the show going and if that means blurring the lines of this Punk situation, so be it.

The last week has opened up a lot of perspectives for me. The biggest one being that I don't really care that CM Punk is gone. I'm sure I'm in a minority but I haven't really cared that he is gone. I got Bryan, I got Cena and truth be told Punk hasn't been performing that good since Summerslam (or at least the bit I've seen).

I think Punk is awesome (my second favorite guy next to Bryan), he's good on the mic, in the ring and with him gone there is a hole in the main event scene no question but it's not as earth shattering as people are making it. To be perfectly honest, I don't think what he brings to the table is worth the headache he's been causing WWE.

I'm expecting a pretty pedestrian episode, actually. They're in Omaha, hardly likely that anyone exciting returns or anything. We're still 3 weeks away from the next PPV, I don't expect to see any huge developments quite yet.

2012 CM Punk leaving hurts the company

2014 CM Punk doesnt affect company only his die-hard fans.

Since his program with Lesnar...he has been un-interesting in the ring and dull on the mic.

If this is all a work then Im excited about the possibility of a re-birth of Punk...time will tell.

At the very least, the DB phenomenon has made EC less predictable. Frankly, Orton's role hasn't been doing it for me since he won the belts.

Very smart move there to get the crowd back under control. By just saying "I've got a question for you" he gets the crowd to focus on him instead of what they were saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back