• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Randy Orton's Crappy Push (Yes, You Read That Correctly)

WWE is making him as a jobber champion. Short reigns, were as his age of orton reign lasted for like forever. Making him job to mr superman isn't helpful either.

I view Randy Orton as the top heel in the company by a long shot. He is so incredibly talented in every way possible that he doesn't need titles to look strong in my opinion. As long as he stays out of trouble he will have a Hall of Fame career and be bigger this his father and grandfather.

With the massive push that Randy Orton recieved, the only thing that would keep people interested in Orton is to turn Orton face somehow. It would be a massive twist that nobody would see coming and possibly save Raw

The Randy Orton of 2007 was easily one of the best heels I have personally ever seen. His psychopathic character is fine, but lately he has just been trying too hard and his role has come off really forced and awkward.

Orton has been dominant for most of the year, and has got several reigns out of it. I think he's doing ok, and the only thing that hurt him is his staleness. Actually, that's one of two things that hurt him, the other one is the fact that he was easily beaten at WrestleMania when it should have been a win for him. Orton was being built up and up and up against the McMahon's and was then embarrassed, which made him look pretty ******ed. Otherwise, I think there can't be many complaints.

At the moment whilst feuding with Kofi Kingston it doesn't really reflect his ability to it's best because it looks as if they are using him to put over Kofi Kingston as another new superstar in the making. Really Raw doesn't have much new talent whom Orton could feud with so it's not hard to blame creative for this.

Orton will not be facing a mid carder come the WM build up so this feud should help to progress Kingston as one of the new superstars in the WWE to come.

Orton will get his opportunity soon to feud with another major wrestler and storyline as the road to WM begins.

I don't really see what anybody is complaining about. Randy Orton has been a legitimate main event player in the WWE for several years now. The fact that Orton hasn't been an ultra-dominant champion, such as John Cena for example, hasn't taken anything away from him in my view. He's still been one of, if not the overall best, heels in wrestling for the past few years.

As for his feud with Kofi Kingston, I'm personally loving it. One constant complaint I've heard about Raw on these forums revolves around the main event scene. Orton is no longer in the main event/WWE Championship picture and is helping put over and build a young guy in a way that, thus far, has been very entertaining, fresh and exciting.

OK, to make this clear I'm a big Kofi Kingston fan, he's a big part of the future in the WWE and I'm glad that they are finally really pushing him ie the feud with Orton, however...

Are they maybe taking this a bit too far? I could take the legdrop through the table, the elimination in the battle royal hell I could maybe even swallow the team win at survivor series but all of them?

WWE are trying to push Kofi, great. But it's not really much of an achievment beating an orton who can apparently barely defend himself, I mean if they where to have Kofi and Orton trade wins, try to one up each other every week, that makes them look equal ie makes Kofi look like a legit main eventer, exactly what the WWE want. The way it's going now though, Kingston is constantly, and with apparent ease, beating a guy who masterminded the destruction of the Mcmhaon family? Is that really believable?

2 months ago Kofi couldn't beat the Miz for the love of God and now he's slapping a former 6 time world champion around like a blind kid? It's not believable in the slightest and in the end is going to get neither man anywhere. Kofi will end having beaten a guy who really wasn't all that good apparently and Orton will look like a complete wimp.

Orton MUST win at TLC if they have a match together, which is more than likely as things stand now. He's got to win with Kofi coming close and then in the next match they have Kofi win with Orton coming close, that is the way to make them equals. Not to have Kofi smack Randy around while nonchalantly eating a bag of cheetos, cause that's the impression I've been given up till now.

His push has been good. He is supposed to lose to faces, that is their point. They are supposed to cheat, that is what be does. Wrestlers are supposed to evaluate their opponent, and that is what he has done with Kingston.

The thing is, he was a pretty boring champion, andhis character of snakinghis way towards the title was what made him interesting.

Now then, five months later, allow me to update this post. (Apologies if this turns into a Kofi feud rant ahead of time!)

In the last year, Randy Orton has:

-Formed Legacy
-Won the Royal Rumble
-Destroyed the McMahon family
-Headlined WrestleMania
-Won 3 WWE Championships
-Taken Batista out; Twice (Kayfabe, of course)

And he is now being used... In the mid-card?

How is that not supporting my point saying Randy Orton has a less-than-stellar push? Granted, it's the right move. Let your top face (Cena) feud new up-and-coming heels to hopefully solidify them, while having your top heel (Orton) face the up-and-coming faces to try and give them some credibility.

However, it doesn't change the fact that Randy Orton, 9 months ago, was being touted as the next "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, and now he's been, dare I say reduced, to feuding in the mid-card for nearly no reason at all. Certainly, the Orton/Kingston feud isn't a bad thing, but they seem to be overworking it. An eye for an eye is how I saw it. Cody attacked Kofi, Kofi runs Legacy off, Orton loses and blames it on Kofi, he tosses him off the stage to get even.

Then they go and throw fuel on nothing more than a tiny little spark, turning it into a fucking forest fire! They went from something completely pointless, to some major feud. Kofi gets thrown 5 feet into a wall, so he destroys a car? Orton gets angry so they have a blood-thirsty brawl in the world's most famous venue?

Just seems a little much to me.

That's BS. Orton is needed right now by WWE to help younger guys to become stars that the company desperately needs right now. And his feud with Kofi is doing that exceptionally well. Orton will go back to being the "Next Stone Cold" (lol, by the way) and he will be back in the main event soon, especially if he does well with Kofi he'll be rewarded with a title reign.

In case you forgot, putting over young guys is what stars occasionally have to do. Austin jobbed to Kane when Austin was huge and Kane was a rookie (well, his character was, anyway). The Rock put over Benoit twice I believe in 2000, even though the decisions were reversed. Triple H put over Jericho when Trips was the man in the WWF. It's just something that happens occasionally.

And you have to be the only person complaining about the Kofi/Orton feud, I swear to god. How can you say it seems a little much when, in fairness, it makes alot of sense. Legacy pissed off Kofi at Bragging Rights, Kofi was angry and got them back by helping out John Cena in the Ironman match. Orton, not being able to blame himself for the loss, blames Kofi. He attacks Kofi for taking away the only thing dear to him in his life. Kofi's character develops, he becomes more human. Before Orton attacked Kofi, Kofi was just this happy guy who didn't hate anyone and loved what he was doing. But when he got attacked, Kofi became more human. Just like any human, when he got screwed over, he became pissed off and looking for revenge. Before he had a chance to calm down and do something more logical like challenge Orton to a match, he attacked Orton's car in a blind rage. Then it became personal. So really, if you use a little logic, then the fued does make sense and fit together...

And considering you're an Edge fan, you can't exactly talk about Kofi/Orton being a "little too much".

No no no, I'm not complaining. It's not my favorite feud, but I've got no problems with it. I just figured that the feud was rushed too quickly. I believe it should have progressed as it went along, instead of within two days they're going to these huge, drastic measures just to try and elevate Kofi to Orton's status.

Kofi is not on Orton's level, talent, sure... But the character has something to be lacking, compared to Orton's. I believe they should have drawn out the angle longer before you see Kofi destroying Orton's car, followed by a few run-offs, leading to some big brawl.

I'm simply saying too much too fast, within 24 hours it went from "Kofi ran Legacy out of Orton's match." To "Orton wants to kill Kofi Kingston, and vice versa!"

As for the next Stone Cold statement, I don't believe Orton is, was, or will be anywhere near Austin. It's just a simple statement as to how over he was getting and the type of push he was receiving earlier this year. How can someone be as widely recognized as Stone Cold if the WWE isn't in the same spotlight it was back when Austin rose to superstardom?

When it comes to putting guys over and getting them elevated, I completely agree. Stone Cold was big, but he wasn't -that- big until he finally got the rub from Shawn Michaels, then he was a full-blown star. Triple H didn't necessarily put Jericho over that much. The only person who, in my eyes, ever truly put Jericho over long-term was The Rock.

John Cena is doing the same thing, he's getting Sheamus over, or at least, that's what WWE is hoping for him to do. Kofi feuding with Orton just seems forced and rushed, as does Sheamus/Cena. All more the reason, in my opinion, for WWE to have less Pay Per Views, so they have longer to build up to feuds. These are both instances of WWE trying to pit potential stars against the current stars of the company.

But doing it as quickly as they are, will either make the the characters of those such as Kofi Kingston and Sheamus look either weak, or shoved down our throats. Kofi is over, but I don't believe he has a strong enough gimmick to ever be a full-time main eventer. He's getting somewhat of a Jeff Hardy push, I believe, and might end up winning Money in the Bank. With Sheamus, he's not necessarily green, but he's too stiff as he's trying to work the WWE style. His moveset has been cut up and now he doesn't have much to do, and it makes him look green in the ring, as he doesn't have much in his newly "primed" repertoire.

I'm rather sick of Edge, by the way. I'm not glad that he's injured, but I'm glad that he's off television for a while, so he can return fresh. More than anyone, Edge has been shoved down our throats the last few years.. Despite most enjoying his work anyways, 9 championship reigns in 3 years is complete and utter bullshit. Edge, as much as I DO like him, seems to have raped World Championships' credibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back