• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Randy Orton Injured with Concussion

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
According to the Main Page:

"PWInsider.com is reporting that Randy Orton suffered a concussion this past weekend.

As of now, his status for working Sunday at the PPV against Christian is listed as a "game day decision."

Orton updated his twitter saying he got the injury on Spain this weekend.

will this have any effect on sunday? or will he make a full recovery and retain the title against christian? or will we crown a new world champion?

Dicuss

Doesn't sound good for Smackdown if he needs to take time off. If it's any serious, they should just give Christian the WHC this Sunday and put out Orton by a storyline injury caused by Christian. Then he can come back after a couple of months for revenge. It also gives Christian new heel heat.

Vince should be reeeaalllyy careful here.. We all know thee history of the WWE and ignoring concussions. I don't care if Orton is the top guy on Smackdown, get him out to rest and recover. If Vince thinks he doesn't like Christian as champ now, wait till he has no other choice due to ignoring Orton's injury. Concussions are serious business and need to be treated as such to avoid future problems.

Vince should be reeeaalllyy careful here..

You mean like he is being? Orton hasn't wrestled or bumped since it happened (outside of finishing the match, I mean)

We all know thee history of the WWE and ignoring concussions.

Yes we do. That's why Vince is already being careful.

I don't care if Orton is the top guy on Smackdown, get him out to rest and recover.

That's what he's doing, albeit keeping him on the road for tapings, which aren't going to have an effect on his noggin as long as he doesn't do anything to exacerbate the concussion.

If Vince thinks he doesn't like Christian as champ now, wait till he has no other choice due to ignoring Orton's injury.

You mean like he isn't doing?

Concussions are serious business and need to be treated as such to avoid future problems.

You mean like how he treats concussions already? With the tallents being constantly monitored by a doctor and not being allwed to wrestle until they pass the ImPACT test? Yeah, I think Orton's being looked after fine.

Steamboat, I was referring to this Sunday. If Orton is not fully recovered, then the match will be difficult. A match where they have to protect Orton's head the whole time? He has to be 100% to have a good match. You can't be 50 or 75%.

Steamboat, I was referring to this Sunday. If Orton is not fully recovered, then the match will be difficult. A match where they have to protect Orton's head the whole time? He has to be 100% to have a good match. You can't be 50 or 75%.

Yeah, that's the purpose of the ImPACT test. You pass it and you're good to go. 'Till then he's in sick bay. If he doesn't pass by Sunday the match won't happen, and WWE will have to pull something out of their arse. Simple as that.

There is no way Orton is missing this PPV on Sunday. A concussion that happened a week ago? He'll be fine and even if he's not he'll wrestle. They'll make it a triple threat with Orton doing very little work if they have to.

Orton missing from Smackdown wouldn't actually be a problem if WWE hadn't just turned one of their most popular faces heel to feud with him.

Yeah, that's the purpose of the ImPACT test. You pass it and you're good to go. 'Till then he's in sick bay. If he doesn't pass by Sunday the match won't happen, and WWE will have to pull something out of their arse. Simple as that.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Christian vs. "Cowboy" Bob Orton Jr.(c) :lmao:

The sad part is that there isn't a face even close to Main Event level that could possibly fill the void in that match. They can't even grab one from Raw to help them cause of lack of main event face there too. I mean unless the Ziggler Kofi match gets less time and due to desperation WWE finally pulls the trigger on Kofi and has him put on a 5 star match with Christian. But at the moment I can't think of anybody off the top of my head with so many heels. Shoot maybe Kane.

Ok, not to totally come at people the wrong way, but concussions are a serious, serious business. It's the type of injury where if it's not protected and something else happens, your career is over.

If you're a sports fan, you'll know what I'm talking about. I've seen a lot of careers cut short by concussions and there's been cases where athletes have actually died with concussion symptoms after sustaining severe concussions.

Now, I'm not saying that Randy's is severe as it's probably very minor if the possibility of him wrestling Sunday is still there, but better safe than sorry.

That being said, they'd have to pull an angle with the World Title for the PPV. Christian attacks Randy backstage (or even over the weekend at the hotel if WWE.com wants to play it off in advance so they know Orton's not on the PPV), and Teddy Long has a decision to make. Maybe the angle is with Orton injured, Christian assumes the title will go to the #1 contender, but at that point they can announce maybe a 20 man Battle Royale for the vacant title on the PPV which puts a swerve into Christian's plan and further pushes him off the deep end as a heel. I don't think Christian would win, because it'd be too predictable and they already went the predictable route with Christian winning in the 1st place in light of Edge's retirement.

But, with a battle royale featuring the Smackdown! roster (and there's only about 20 guys on it of active wrestlers) then a face can win and Christian can start feuding with the face if Orton's going to miss any time.

The battle royale seems to be the way WWE books things in these types of situations, so who knows.

All this is dependent though on Orton.

They drop the title, take my US title Tournament idea, and use it for the World Title instead. Pisses Christian off that he doesn't just get the title, and a tournament would give Orton time to heal, come back, and win it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back