Random Rhetorical Rants

Comparison picture between Shop.WWE.com (top) and Mattel (bottom).

full.jpg

One thing I don't like is how the velcro pieces are not only switched, but placed on the wrong sides. The way Mattel stitched on the one side, it covers the painted in gold tip when snapped together.

Harvey Dent: The only way to get by in this place is to get ourselves some respect...

full.jpg

Two-Face: ...Fear!! That's how we get respect!! Show them all how we do things!!

full.jpg

The GCW Raw Tag Team Champions, Batman and Robin.
The GCW Smackdown Tag Team Champions, Batman and Nightwing.
The GCW NXT Tag Team Champions, Nightwing and Robin

full.jpg

Bat-Mite has turned on the Batman Family, and joined the n.U.U.o.!!

full.jpg

What will Batman Inc. have to say about the betrayal!?

full.jpg

I finally have my “Holy Grail” of figures.

full.jpg

My OCD forced me to switch the Championship Title Belts around. I also added my favorite Championship Title Bet of all time. It fits just right.

full.jpg

I hate December in WWE.

Raw has been quite shit lately, storywise. They are literally giving filler feuds on their weekly shows right now and it's so predictable it actually hurts. Ambrose & Rollins fighting The Bar every week in some fashion is tiresome. We all know Ambrose is turning heel and fighting Rollins at WrestleMania. At least hint that or heck give them new opponents. Finn Balor is literally fighting The Miz's minions before fighting The Miz for reasons that only God knows. Give Balor a promo dissing Miz or at least making people care for their feud. Braun Strowman has been fighting Kane for months now, only to get Lesnar at Royal Rumble and probably Cena at WrestleMania. Paige vs. Asuka is the match for WrestleMania that they are hinting and yet I don't even know why the trio exists.

At this point the only guy being properly used right now is Roman Reigns. He's helping Samoa Joe and Jason Jordan developing their characters into 2018. Specially the later, who is just on fire character wise and is already one of the best heels on Raw.

Call me when December ends.

December is the last stop before the first stop on the Road to WrestleMania. It’s pretty much the slowest time of the year. They should maybe keep the Slammy Awards show to go along with the Tribute To The Troops.

I think a big issue here is the single branded pay per views. Is anyone really excited about Clash Of Champions?? If the pay per views were all co-branded, limiting it down to 1 pay per view a month / 12 pay per views a year, naming the December special Starrcade could have boosted interest.

Oh, who am I kidding?? The best part about the WWE is the Championship Title Belts. Anyone else interested in a show on the WWE Network based on Championship Title Belts??

Did anyone notice the new WWE World Championship Title Belt that A. J. Styles debuted last night?? There are a few differences only a Championship Title Belt collector would notice, but one very clear change is the color of the swoosh.

file.php

file.php

file.php

The brand split caused major issues like having the same matches for months on end between the same people. I know it happened prior but it's far worse now. Last year it was:

Styles vs Ambrose with that awful Ellsworth angle all throughout fall
some combination of Owens/Jericho vs Rollins/Reigns
Charlotte vs Sasha (egads they beat this one into the ground, why? because it was them and like 2 other people in the Women's division on Raw).

This year we have had roughly 100 New Day vs Uso matches, The Bar and AmbRollins feuding since summer etc. I get the idea of building a feud but there are multiple ways to do that besides having the wrestlers fight each other every week and pay per view. It gets very tiresome and no matter how good the matches are, I get sick of seeing the same match over and over.

I don’t know if it’s because:

I’m 39.
I’ve been practicing McMahonism for 29 years.
My son is 9 and is keeping me busy with his activities and interests.
The Championship Title Belts are not as attractive as they once were.
The storylines are not as interesting as they once were.
The video games, and subsequent DLC, are not worth it to me anymore, as both a gamer and collector.
Today’s WWE, in general, just isn’t as good as it once was.
Philadelphia Sports is only starting to dominate the World again.
All of the above.
None of the above.
A combination of some of the above.

Whatever it is, I’m just not into it anymore.

I haven’t seen Raw or Smackdown for a quite some time now. I haven’t watched a full episode of either in a very long time. I’m usually all hyped up from January to April, but not this year. The thrill, for me, is gone.

As a collector, I always looked forward to new Championship Title Belts coming out for me to buy. Now, they just all look the same to me. I’m pretty much buying repainted / repurposed $#!+. It’s pretty bad when the only things I have to look forward to are actually making me look backwards to “Flashbacks” / “Classics”.

I’ve canceled my WWE Network subscription right after the Survivor Series 2017, with the plan of getting it back for WrestleMania. I used to make it a point to be home for WrestleMania, and dedicate an entire weekend for it. This year, a friend invited me and my Son over, and it looks like that’s where I’ll be on Sunday.

Whatever happens at WrestleMania this Sunday, I feel I’m no longer the SMark I always used to call myself. I can now just consider myself a “casual fan”.

Haven't posted here in 5 years but just saw this thread randomly and noticed the following

Can Mr Money in the Bank gatecrash a match to make it a 3 way? This can mean either during or before it starts.

I posted this two years before Rollins did it and cashed in with the Heist of the Century!

And most importantly... Why does 3MB not have a Wikipedia page?!?!

Still no sign of this!

I’m in the process of rearranging my TrOphY room. I have a few toys I have to donate that my Son no longer looks at, let alone plays with. Once that task is completed, I’ll add 5 shelves directly across from my current display to put back up the Wall Of Jakks.

The figure sizes Championship Title Belts really do add to the display, simply because of the stands I’m using. Here’s an updated picture of the Wall of Mattel.

full.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back