Random Rhetorical Rants

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
Random Rhetorical Rants

I have a few questions that I don’t expect answers to, but wanted to point them out anyway.

Why is Ric Flair the “16 Time World’s Heavyweight Wrestling Champion” when we all know it’s more than that??

Why didn’t the Ultimate Warrior, Goldberg, and Triple H hold on and continue to defend the Mid-Card Titles they successfully defended / won in their Unification matches??

Why was Jericho picked to beat Austin and Rock in the same night, and not Kurt Angle??

Why wasn’t Jericho apart of the Un-Americans officially??

Why were the Raw Tag Straps named the “World” Tag Team Championship and the Smackdown Tag Straps named the “WWE” Tag Team Championship??

Why wasn’t the WCW Tag Team Title history apart of the newer “WWE” Tag Team Titles history like the rest of the Smackdown Titles (World, to a certain extent, United States, and Cruiserweight)??

Why didn’t Angle just wait for at least one ECW World Title run before going to Orlando Championship Wrestling??

Why didn’t Edge just wait for “his” custom Belt to be made??

Why didn’t Vince just bring back the ECW Television and ECW Tag Team Titles??

Why did Christian drop the ECW Title to Ezekiel Jackson only to retire it in 5 minutes??

Why didn’t the Big Show and the Great Khali just take the Tag Team Titles or any other Title they want for that matter??

Why didn’t the Undertaker ever form a Stable with Kane, the Big Show and the Great Khali??

Why did Vince retire the World Tag Team Titles and Women’s Title and end their respective histories, while their respective counterparts remain active??

Why didn’t Mr. Anderson just trade Belts with Eric Young while he had the chance??

Why couldn’t the Main Event Mafia work with Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner, Samoa Joe, A. J. Styles, Rob Van Dam, Bobby Lashley, Mick Foley, Sting, Mr. Anderson, Tommy Dreamer, Rhino and any other available former World Champions AND without the M. E. Mob’s Mid-Card Champion, Kevin Nash and ½ of the M. E. Mob’s Tag Team Champions, Booker T.??

I’ll be back for more later.

Ok I actually like this thread, its a Random Rhetorical Rant.. Triple R works for me!!

I've always wondered this myself. He was allied with them yet never officially joined or took leadership of them, which would've been sweet as nobody else at that time was really capable of doing so. They interfered on his behalf in a cage match on Smackdown and I thought that was that.

Another direction that could've worked would to be boot out Regal and have Jericho, Christian, Lance Storm and Test as an All-Canadian stable, trying to recruit Benoit and Edge perhaps and leading to feuds with them aswell as Regal, the newly debuted Cena and Rey..

Well he did use a custom belt, the Rated R Spinner. I get what you're alluding to, but having him deface Cena's original spinner in his own image was probably just as effective. As an aside, what do prople think of Custom Belts?

Why didn’t Mr. Anderson just trade Belts with Eric Young while he had the chance??

Awesome Idea. That is all!!!

Random Rhetorical Rants

I have a few questions that I don’t expect answers to, but wanted to point them out anyway.

Why is Ric Flair the “16 Time World’s Heavyweight Wrestling Champion” when we all know it’s more than that??
The unrecognized reigns are from the NWA's regional days.

Why didn’t the Ultimate Warrior, Goldberg, and Triple H hold on and continue to defend the Mid-Card Titles they successfully defended / won in their Unification matches??
Because whats the point in wrestling the World Champion for a mid-card belt when he has the WORLD TITLE?

Why was Jericho picked to beat Austin and Rock in the same night, and not Kurt Angle??
Kurt was already a multi time former champ. Jericho had just won his.

Cuz he had better things to do.

Why were the Raw Tag Straps named the “World” Tag Team Championship and the Smackdown Tag Straps named the “WWE” Tag Team Championship??
To match the name of their brands World title.

Why wasn’t the WCW Tag Team Title history apart of the newer “WWE” Tag Team Titles history like the rest of the Smackdown Titles (World, to a certain extent, United States, and Cruiserweight)??

Because the WWE Tag Team titles weren't a part WCW.

Why didn’t Angle just wait for at least one ECW World Title run before going to Orlando Championship Wrestling??
Because it wasn't a World title.

Huh?

Why didn’t Vince just bring back the ECW Television and ECW Tag Team Titles??
WWE gave La Resistance the ECW Tag Team titles during the WWECW days but Rene Dupree failed a wellness policy. The belts were stripped before they made it on TV. Then VInce realized that 3 belts in a one hour show wouldn't pan out.

Why did Christian drop the ECW Title to Ezekiel Jackson only to retire it in 5 minutes??
For a push. Too bad Zeke got injured.

Why didn’t the Big Show and the Great Khali just take the Tag Team Titles or any other Title they want for that matter??

Because it would make WWE suck.

Why didn’t the Undertaker ever form a Stable with Kane, the Big Show and the Great Khali??

GOOD GOD, NO!
Why did Vince retire the World Tag Team Titles and Women’s Title and end their respective histories, while their respective counterparts remain active??
The tag team titles have shared lineage. The Divas belts was newer and girlier. So they sticked with it.

Because who wants a World title that got thrown in the trash?

Why couldn’t the Main Event Mafia work with Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner, Samoa Joe, A. J. Styles, Rob Van Dam, Bobby Lashley, Mick Foley, Sting, Mr. Anderson, Tommy Dreamer, Rhino and any other available former World Champions AND without the M. E. Mob’s Mid-Card Champion, Kevin Nash and ½ of the M. E. Mob’s Tag Team Champions, Booker T.??
Because that would be overkill. And Fourtune was a much better choice.

Ok I actually like this thread, its a Random Rhetorical Rant.. Triple R works for me!!

I've always wondered this myself. He was allied with them yet never officially joined or took leadership of them, which would've been sweet as nobody else at that time was really capable of doing so. They interfered on his behalf in a cage match on Smackdown and I thought that was that.

Another direction that could've worked would to be boot out Regal and have Jericho, Christian, Lance Storm and Test as an All-Canadian stable, trying to recruit Benoit and Edge perhaps and leading to feuds with them aswell as Regal, the newly debuted Cena and Rey..

That's what I was going for. I kind of wanted Jericho, Edge and Benoit to join the Un-Americans as well, but oh well!!

Well he did use a custom belt, the Rated R Spinner. I get what you're alluding to, but having him deface Cena's original spinner in his own image was probably just as effective. As an aside, what do prople think of Custom Belts?

I like Custom Belts as long as they don't overstay their welcome.

Awesome Idea. That is all!!!

Thanks!!

The unrecognized reigns are from the NWA's regional days.
Is that what it was?? I wasn’t sure which point in time was the NWA reigns recognized as regional and what is not. I counted 24 reigns for Ric as the World Champion, I believe.

Because whats the point in wrestling the World Champion for a mid-card belt when he has the WORLD TITLE?
The point would be to dominate. I think these three should have handled it the same way as Kurt did when he was TNA World / X-Division Champion and ½ of the Tag Team Champions.

Kurt was already a multi time former champ. Jericho had just won his.
I accept this answer, only because it makes sense to a certain extent.

Cuz he had better things to do.
What better things are you referring to?? Before the Un-Americans formed, he had members of the upside-down / Blue, White, and Red / Stripes and Stars Flag help him defend the Undisputed Title. He even won the Tag Titles with Christian. He is sometimes referred to as an associate of the Anti-Americans. What was missing??

To match the name of their brands World title.
I get that, but they could have changed it back when the Cena and Batista switched Brands. Neither here nor there.

Because the WWE Tag Team titles weren't a part WCW.
Right, but naming the Blue Tag Straps the “World Tag Team Titles” would have alleviated this, much like the way the World, United States, and Cruiserweight Titles were a part of WCW history…kind of.

Because it wasn't a World title.
It was considered a World Title while Kurt was in WWECW. I personally still consider it a World Title.

This was something about Edge getting his own actual design instead of just changing the “W” for a Star with an R on it.

WWE gave La Resistance the ECW Tag Team titles during the WWECW days but Rene Dupree failed a wellness policy. The belts were stripped before they made it on TV. Then VInce realized that 3 belts in a one hour show wouldn't pan out.
I never heard of this before. Interesting!!

For a push. Too bad Zeke got injured.
Okay, a push is one thing. One doesn’t need to win in order to get a push. If the Title was going to be retired anyway, why didn’t they just continue the feud on the Red or Blue show instead of ending ECW the way they did??

Because it would make WWE suck.
How could the WWE suck with “The Great Show” (or Big Khali, which ever you prefer) as the WWE Tag Team Champions?? Who would realistically beat them?? The Brothers of Destruction could have first feuded with them and then eventually…

GOOD GOD, NO!
…join them.

The tag team titles have shared lineage. The Divas belts was newer and girlier. So they sticked with it.
The current WWE Tag Team Titles do not share a linage with the older WWE / Raw / Red Tag Team Titles. The shared lineage stopped with the Hart Dynasty. The Divas Title…oh whatever.

Because who wants a World title that got thrown in the trash?
I don’t know how to respond to this.

Because that would be overkill. And Fourtune was a much better choice.
Overkill?? Going to Plan A and a half would have been better than going to Plan B. I think it was great that Fortune turned on Immortal, but I think it was a bit too early…maybe a whole year too early.

I’ve got some new Triple Rs!!

Why didn’t Vince just have a schedule like this??
Monday – Raw (Live)
Tuesday – Smackdown (Live)
Wednesday – ECW (Live and 2 hours)
I say get rid of Superstars…or extend it
Thursday – Heat (taped before Raw)
Friday – Velocity (taped before Smackdown)
Saturday – Saturday Nights Main Event (Live and 2 hours and all Brands)

Where is the highly anticipated WWE Channel already?? I’ve been dreaming about it since I was 10. I’ve also dreamed of a Disney Channel, an MTV Channel that only plays Hip Hop and R&B, and a second ESPN channel when I was 10 and they all came true.

Why did Vince give Eric Raw and Stephanie Smackdown?? I would have rather had Steph run Raw and Eric run Smackdown and then change it to WCW, but whatever.

What would it have been like if Vince McMahon accepted Eric Bischoff challenge to show up on WCW?? What would it have been like if original founding Fathers of D-Generation X accepted the New Age Voodoo Kin James Gang Outlaw Mafia to show up on TNA??

Why didn’t Vince give Brock and Goldberg either another year on their contracts or have the Brock / Goldberg match take place earlier…preferably when they were both the WWE / World Champions?? That would have been a better match, I’m sure of it.

Why was there no WWE Draft in 2003 and in 2006 (only an ECW Draft took place in 06 and only RVD and Angle were drafted)??

Why was Cena allowed to take the WWE Title with him to Raw and Batista allowed to take the World Title with him to Smackdown in 2005, but Bobby Lashley had to drop the ECW Title in 2007?? Then on the following year, during the WWE 2008 Draft, Kane took the ECW Title to Raw, Matt Hardy took the United States Title to ECW, and Triple H took the WWE Title to Smackdown. What was that all about?? I’m not even going to get into what happened in 2009.

If Vince wants competition so bad, why doesn’t he COMPLETELY split Raw from Smackdown and have the current Head Writers run the shows?? He could have the Brands cross ONLY at PPVs.

Is Nash going to be the next Raw Commentator?? He did a great job with Booker on TNA during the M. E. Mob run.

Did I miss something or is there a reason why Michael Cole is on Smackdown?? If he HAS to be on all the shows, I say he starts a Cross-Branded Stable starting of course with the Miz, and now maybe Del Rio. He could be a cross between the Brain and the Mouth of the South and the Devious One.

Why does the WWE have two PPVs in October…TNA’s end of the Year?? I guess I just answered my own rhetorical question.

Why didn’t Layla just hold on to the Women’s Title during Lay-Cool’s last run as the WWE Alpha-Female(s)??

If someone like Sting wins the “Immortal” Title, will that feel like Undertaker winning the “Spinner” Title?? Is this the reason why Taker and the “Spinner” never crossed pathes??

If the WWE didn’t end ECW, would you have been okay with WWE treating the ECW Title as an actual World Title and have Triple H, Undertaker, Cena, Edge, Orton, or even Batista or Jericho as ECW Champion for a month or two??

If the WWE activated the ECW TV Title and ECW Tag Team Titles, who would have been your first WWECW TV Champ and WWECW Tag Team Champions??

My lucky number is 12, but for some reason, I get writer’s block at 15 Triple Rs. I’ll be back for more later.

I’m back with the 3rd installment of RRR. I was actually thinking of adding a 4th “R” for “Raves”, but whatever. Anyway, let’s see what’s on my mind today.

Why did Big Show face CM Punk at Night Of Champions 2010 when neither had a Title?? It’s Night Of Champions, not Night of Champions and Former Champions.

Why aren’t there more roster trades throughout the year between Raw and Smackdown, and formally, ECW?? The storylines could write themselves if the WWE uses this idea. I’m not talking about one person showing up on a show. I’m talking about an actual Raw Superstar for an actual Smackdown Superstar with “press conferences” and all that.

If MVP was the highest paid Superstar on Smackdown at one point, who was Raw’s highest paid Superstar??

If John Cena himself complained about the current design of the WWE Title Belt, do you think Edge, Rob Van Dam, Randy Orton, Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Batista, Sheamus, and the Miz complained about it as well??

Who is the IWC Champion right now?? Who is the IWC Mid-Card Champion right now?? Who are the IWC Tag Team Champions right now?? All of course, in your own opinion.

Longest Reigning Champion vs. Most Championship Reigns, which one is more prestigious?? Add Most combined Days over multiple Championship reigns and make it a Triple Threat match.

In the WWE Universe, are Edge and Christian NOT brothers anymore??

Why didn’t Edge bring back the Rated R Spinner when he won the World Title?? I know why, but wouldn’t that be funny…or disrespectful to the Big Gold Belt??

Why didn’t Cena and Edge (or Jeff Hardy) trade Title Belts between Survivor Series 2008 and No Way Out 2009?? Why didn’t Cena and Triple H trade Title Belts between WrestleMania XXV and Backlash 2009??

From January 29, 2007 to April 2, 2007, was I the only person who thought Cena was going to break out World Tag Team Spinner Belts for himself and HBK??

In Legends of WrestleMania, why is there only one venue for WM 2 when there was three??

Why did the venues stop at WM XV in the video game, Legends of WrestleMania?? I’m a Philly fan too, being from South Jersey, but I would have liked it if WM 2000 through at least WM XXV was included.

With all the Superstars who did not face Undertaker at WrestleMania, why did Kane, Shawn Michaels and now Triple H face him twice?? I’m sure if I sit and think and research about it long enough, I’ll be able to come up with 3 others who, at the time, should have, could have, and would have faced “The Streak”.

If the WWE always revisions things, like Andre’s the Giants WWE Title reign, why not revision the Rockers WWE Tag Team Title reign and Chris Jericho’s first WWE Title reign??

How do you think Vince McMahon feels about WWE Stats??

Stay tuned for Part 4.

Monday – Raw (Live)

I would love that much wrestling but that would be too expensive and it would ware the superstars out and then their would be no House Shows for Smaller cities who like the WWE.

I would love that much wrestling but that would be too expensive and it would ware the superstars out and then their would be no House Shows for Smaller cities who like the WWE.

House Shows, if you go by my schedule could take place on Thursdays and Fridays. Why bother with the House Shows when we can get 4 live shows a week.

Expensive?? Do you really, honestly, truly give a $#!+ about the WWE’s expense?? Seriously, when did that become our concern?? I get what you’re saying, but as fans, we should want and get more. Who cares how much it’s going to cost??

I’d like to give a shout out to Craig-O-Mac, Hamler, and The Bearded One for the green rep. Just like how you feel about my thoughts, the rep is much appreciated. Now back to our show.

In 2002, Vince McMahon brought in the New World Order to try and remove Ric Flair from being the half owner of the WWE. Later Flair became owner of Raw and Vince became owner of Smackdown. If Flair was so against the N.W.O., why was the “Band” Flair’s second pick in the WWE Brand Extension Draft AND why did Flair eventually join the "cancer”?? The saying is, “if it don’t make dollars, then it don’t make sense.” Did this make dollars, cause it sure as hell didn’t make sense.

You mean to tell me, and I do not care what year it is, though for this point, I’m referring to 2002, that Vince and Ric or anyone for that matter, storyline purposes or not, would rather pick Rock, Undertaker, Angle, Nash / Hall / ?-Pac, Benoit, and Kane over the real Triple H, Hollywood Hulk Hogan?? Really?? Okay, I can see why one would pick Rock or Taker first, but at the time, the American Santino, the Wolfpac, the real life heel playing a face and the real life face playing a heel would be picked over the G.O.A.T. of Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment?? Again, really??

Where would the Two Man Power Trip place in the draft had they been “eligible”?? Personally I would have gone with Austin as the first pick, Rock as the second pick, Triple H as the third pick (Undisputed WWE Champion or not) and Undertaker as the forth.

Mr. McMahon allowed the New World Order to be drafted as a group. Let me reinstate that. Mr. McMahon, owner of Smackdown, allowed Ric Flair, owner of Raw, draft the N.W.O. as a group.

Who did Chris Jericho piss off to be Smackdown’s 13th pick, 25th overall?? Wasn’t he just the Undisputed WWF / WCW Champion a few weeks prior??

Did it seem weird to you that Ric got Raw and Vince got Smackdown?? Like losing half your company wasn’t bad enough, you end up with the “B-Show” (“B” for Blue, not “B” for second rate).

Continuing on my Brand Extension rant, why were the New World Order and Billy and Chuck and Rico drafted together, but two of the greatest Tag Teams in WWE history were drafted separately and split up??

If Ric Flair formed the Four Horsemen in the WWE with Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero, who would have been your pick for the 4th Horsemen?? Stinko Malenko, the man with 4 less moves than Jericho, comes to mind.

The first clue of how WWECW was going to be treated should have been the 2006 draft…two Superstars.

What would have happened if Sabu beat Mysterio at ECW One Night Stand 2006?? I bet it would have been a lot better than what actually happened. RVD vs. Sabu for the Undisputed WWE / World Heavyweight / ECW Championships in an Extreme Rule match on the debut episode of ECW on Sci-fi!! Oh My GOD!!

F.B.I. vs. Tajiri and Super Crazy should have been for the WWECW Tag Team Championship and Balls Mahoney vs. Masato Tanaka should have been for the WWECW TV Title. Right??

Was the WWE Hardcore Title on the line during Foley / Edge / Lita vs. Funk / Dreamer / Mr. Perfect Jr.’s Mom or Aunt?? I’m not good with who is related to who in Wrestling.

Ric Flair – the only man in Wrestling history to be a part (full time leader, member or part time / honorary member) of the 4 greatest Wrestling Factions EVER, the Four Horsemen, New World Order, D-Generation X, and Evolution. Where does Fortune / Immortal fit in all of this??

Would WM XXVII’s “other” Main Event (not the one involving the WWE Title, the World Title, or the Streak) be better if it were King and J.R. vs. Tazz (with two Z’s) and Cole, in a Raw vs. Smackdown announce team circa 2002 – 2006??

Fortune’s hand sign looks as weird as spelling Fortune with two U’s. Oh wait, is that what they were going four?? (Get it??)

I’ll be back with Random Rhetorical Rants numbers 61 to 75 soon.

Monday – Raw (Live)

Well firstly, Smackdown was brought in to compete against Thunder which was on Thursday nights, made sense to keep the cycle as it is. ECW, Heat and Velocity are the same shows (as is Superstars), so having four of the same thing serves no purpose. SNME is a one off special that they only put on every now and then but still doesn't pull good ratings.

Where is the highly anticipated WWE Channel already?? I’ve been dreaming about it since I was 10. I’ve also dreamed of a Disney Channel, an MTV Channel that only plays Hip Hop and R&B, and a second ESPN channel when I was 10 and they all came true.

Sponsorships and deals are the issue. Plus the Board of Directors needs to fully back it too.

Why didn’t Vince give Brock and Goldberg either another year on their contracts or have the Brock / Goldberg match take place earlier…preferably when they were both the WWE / World Champions?? That would have been a better match, I’m sure of it.

Goldberg didn't want to come the WWE until Rock got him to join (see Undisputed) and only signed for one year, he wanted out. Brock already had a multi-year contract in place which is why he got fined for breech of contract.

Why was there no WWE Draft in 2003 and in 2006 (only an ECW Draft took place in 06 and only RVD and Angle were drafted)??

For 2003, it was still a new thing, they probably didn't plan it. And I guess for 2006, so it didn't take the attention from ECW.

If Vince wants competition so bad, why doesn’t he COMPLETELY split Raw from Smackdown and have the current Head Writers run the shows?? He could have the Brands cross ONLY at PPVs.

Well he did technically when it first started.

Did I miss something or is there a reason why Michael Cole is on Smackdown??

Because Vince wasn't happy with Striker and Grisham, he also loves threes in WWE.

Why does the WWE have two PPVs in October…TNA’s end of the Year?? I guess I just answered my own rhetorical question.

Well they had two PPVs in July as well until they dropped one. It's basically because they had Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday and never really removed it's place. Plus I'd say TNA too.

I’m back with the 3rd installment of RRR. I was actually thinking of adding a 4th “R” for “Raves”, but whatever. Anyway, let’s see what’s on my mind today.

Why did Big Show face CM Punk at Night Of Champions 2010 when neither had a Title?? It’s Night Of Champions, not Night of Champions and Former Champions.

Cause it was in Chicago and it needed some CM Love?

Why aren’t there more roster trades throughout the year between Raw and Smackdown, and formally, ECW?? The storylines could write themselves if the WWE uses this idea. I’m not talking about one person showing up on a show. I’m talking about an actual Raw Superstar for an actual Smackdown Superstar with “press conferences” and all that.

Again, they slightly did this in the early days but then decided to lock down the rosters so there was a consistency to the product. But it's a good idea for trading to still exist thoroughly. But also, why waste time to do conferences when it can be settled in 5 mins?

Longest Reigning Champion vs. Most Championship Reigns, which one is more prestigious?? Add Most combined Days over multiple Championship reigns and make it a Triple Threat match.

Longest reigning of course.

In the WWE Universe, are Edge and Christian NOT brothers anymore??

That is correct, when Christian returned they were being referred to as friends and buddies.

Why didn’t Edge bring back the Rated R Spinner when he won the World Title?? I know why, but wouldn’t that be funny…or disrespectful to the Big Gold Belt??

I did think that too at one point, but I guess it only made sense with his feud with Cena.

In Legends of WrestleMania, why is there only one venue for WM 2 when there was three??

Because THQ would actually have to do some work about it?

Why did the venues stop at WM XV in the video game, Legends of WrestleMania?? I’m a Philly fan too, being from South Jersey, but I would have liked it if WM 2000 through at least WM XXV was included.

Because that's really the latest they could go with a legends roster as going into Mania 2000, it featured more current superstars.

With all the Superstars who did not face Undertaker at WrestleMania, why did Kane, Shawn Michaels and now Triple H face him twice?? I’m sure if I sit and think and research about it long enough, I’ll be able to come up with 3 others who, at the time, should have, could have, and would have faced “The Streak”.

Storyline purposes.

In 2002, Vince McMahon brought in the New World Order to try and remove Ric Flair from being the half owner of the WWE. Later Flair became owner of Raw and Vince became owner of Smackdown. If Flair was so against the N.W.O., why was the “Band” Flair’s second pick in the WWE Brand Extension Draft AND why did Flair eventually join the "cancer”?? The saying is, “if it don’t make dollars, then it don’t make sense.” Did this make dollars, cause it sure as hell didn’t make sense.

Well the first part is to stop Vince getting his picks as he wanted them. As for the latter, you want me to make sense out of it? As for not picking others first, adding suspense to things.

Mr. McMahon allowed the New World Order to be drafted as a group. Let me reinstate that. Mr. McMahon, owner of Smackdown, allowed Ric Flair, owner of Raw, draft the N.W.O. as a group.

They both agreed to having the nWo as one.

Who did Chris Jericho piss off to be Smackdown’s 13th pick, 25th overall?? Wasn’t he just the Undisputed WWF / WCW Champion a few weeks prior??

According to Undisputed, Jericho's title run wasn't well received by Vince and co. As he was in the title match, he had to find out on wwe.com himself to find out where he was drafted. As much as I love Chris, there's no denying that he didn't have the best title run, he really did get a lot of crap for it, he even got paid 5 times less than Trips for their Mania match until demanded it.

Did it seem weird to you that Ric got Raw and Vince got Smackdown?? Like losing half your company wasn’t bad enough, you end up with the “B-Show” (“B” for Blue, not “B” for second rate).

At the time, I think they wanted strengths on both fronts, it wasn't fully considered a B Show until later.

What would have happened if Sabu beat Mysterio at ECW One Night Stand 2006?? I bet it would have been a lot better than what actually happened. RVD vs. Sabu for the Undisputed WWE / World Heavyweight / ECW Championships in an Extreme Rule match on the debut episode of ECW on Sci-fi!! Oh My GOD!!

We'd have one classic episode of Botchamania.

Was the WWE Hardcore Title on the line during Foley / Edge / Lita vs. Funk / Dreamer / Mr. Perfect Jr.’s Mom or Aunt?? I’m not good with who is related to who in Wrestling.

It was not. And the other woman was Beulah aka Tommy Dreamer's wife.

Good look on the Green, Phoenix. Just when you had all the question, I change up the answers. What!?

Well firstly, Smackdown was brought in to compete against Thunder which was on Thursday nights, made sense to keep the cycle as it is. ECW, Heat and Velocity are the same shows (as is Superstars), so having four of the same thing serves no purpose. SNME is a one off special that they only put on every now and then but still doesn't pull good ratings.

I understand your explanation. What I meant was, I would like the WWE’s schedule to be how I have it. I don’t care about ratings. Just for argument sake, ECW is / was the WWE’s third brand. Heat is / was Raw’s undercard show. Velocity is / was Smackdown’s undercard show. Superstars is the WWE’s (both Raw’s and Smackdown’s) undercard show. What I want is Superstars to re-expand and split up back to Heat and Velocity. The purpose would be to give both Raw and Smackdown more time to feature the undercard the way it was back then. As for Saturday Night’s Main Event, well, I’m just being a greedy fan.

Sponsorships and deals are the issue. Plus the Board of Directors needs to fully back it too.

I don’t care about any of this. I’m not financially invested. I just want to watch more WWE.

Goldberg didn't want to come the WWE until Rock got him to join (see Undisputed) and only signed for one year, he wanted out. Brock already had a multi-year contract in place which is why he got fined for breech of contract.

Anywhere from Unforgiven 2003 to Armageddon 2003 would have been better than what we got at WM XX. A one-time Inter-Brand match at Survivor Series 2003 would have been the perfect PPV for WWE Champion, Brock Lesnar vs. World Champion, Goldberg, non-Title, of course.

For 2003, it was still a new thing, they probably didn't plan it. And I guess for 2006, so it didn't take the attention from ECW.

In 2003, there was no excuse not to have one. I get that in 2006 it was all about ECW, but since this was the case, I think ECW should have gotten more picks. I would have gone with 5 from Raw and 5 from Smackdown at least.

Well he did technically when it first started.

And he should have continued.

Because Vince wasn't happy with Striker and Grisham, he also loves threes in WWE.

I didn’t know he wasn’t happy with good Play by Play and Color commentators. I thought it was just to get even more heat on @$$Cole.

Well they had two PPVs in July as well until they dropped one. It's basically because they had Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday and never really removed it's place. Plus I'd say TNA too.

I can see that, but I think TNA’s WrestleMania in October is the main reason.

Cause it was in Chicago and it needed some CM Love?

I guess. They could have easily just placed Big Show and CM Punk in the Intercontinental or United States Title matches, making it a Fatal Four Way.

Again, they slightly did this in the early days but then decided to lock down the rosters so there was a consistency to the product. But it's a good idea for trading to still exist thoroughly. But also, why waste time to do conferences when it can be settled in 5 mins?

I’m not understanding what you mean by “consistency to the product”. This is the WWE. Consistency doesn’t exactly exist in the WWE Universe. The “conferences” could give it that “Real Sports” feel. Why settle anything in 5 minutes when you can milk it over 2 or 3 weeks, or even a whole month??

Longest reigning of course.

I, myself, don’t know the rhetorical answer to this. I think it’s a tie / draw actually.

That is correct, when Christian returned they were being referred to as friends and buddies.

I was kidding about this question.

I did think that too at one point, but I guess it only made sense with his feud with Cena.

I think it would have been funny to see the IWC’s reaction to having two Spinners on WWE TV.

Because THQ would actually have to do some work about it?

HAHA!! Touché!!

Because that's really the latest they could go with a legends roster as going into Mania 2000, it featured more current superstars.

Again, touché!! I didn’t take that into consideration.

Storyline purposes.

Ummmm, huh??

Well the first part is to stop Vince getting his picks as he wanted them. As for the latter, you want me to make sense out of it? As for not picking others first, adding suspense to things.

Okay, fine. I’ll let you have this one.

They both agreed to having the nWo as one.

They did??

According to Undisputed, Jericho's title run wasn't well received by Vince and co. As he was in the title match, he had to find out on wwe.com himself to find out where he was drafted. As much as I love Chris, there's no denying that he didn't have the best title run, he really did get a lot of crap for it, he even got paid 5 times less than Trips for their Mania match until demanded it.

Maybe, but I think just from the simple fact that he was Undisputed Champion a few weeks prior, he should have been drafted like it.

At the time, I think they wanted strengths on both fronts, it wasn't fully considered a B Show until later.

I’m not sure what you mean by this.

We'd have one classic episode of Botchamania.

No, I think we would have had an actual ECW Title match instead of RVD being handed the 3rd World Title. (Get it??)

It was not. And the other woman was Beulah aka Tommy Dreamer's wife.

I know. Beulah McGillicutty, Michael McGillicutty distant relative. Laugh, you know you want to!! HAHA!!

Here we go with number V…or letter 5…whatever.

Here are 3 names I would have rather seen inducted into the Celebrity wing of the WWE Hall of Fame this year. Floyd Mayweather. WrestleMania XXIV Main Event winner. Lawrence Taylor. WrestleMania XI Main Event winner. Mr. T. Not only did he wrestle at the Grandest Stage of them All, but he has wrestled and won in the Main Event at the first two WrestleManias. I really do pity the fool(s) who didn’t induct him or LT or Money yet.

There have been Tag Teams and Families inducted into the WWE HOF. Which stable should be the first inducted?? Okay, we know which should be the first, put your Fours up. Which stable should be the second inducted??

If they are not already, should every member of the WCW Hall of Fame be automatically inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame??

Who would you have as the first ECW alumni to be inducted into Hall of Fame, excluding Paul Heyman??

What makes up Kurt Angle’s 14 World Titles?? I only count 10.

If Kurt Angle is a 14 time (10 in my opinion) World Champion and a 2 Time Tag Team Champion, does that make him a 2 Time “King of the Whatever” and 5 Time “Mid-Card Champion” or do they count all those reigns separately??

We’re supposed to believe that the Angle couldn’t beat Jay Lethal for the X-Division Title and Angle and Sting couldn’t co-exist long enough to beat R-Truth and PacMan for the Tag Titles at No Surrender 2007??

If the European Title and Hardcore Title counts for the Grand Slam, why doesn’t the United States Title count for the Triple Crown??

Did the WCW Television and Hardcore Titles make up the WCW Grand Slam if there was such a thing??

Why wasn’t the WCW TV Title included in the Russo – Bischoff reboot on 4-10-2000??

If Lance Storm defeated Booker T. for the WCW Title while he had the Canadian Title, the 100 kg and Under Title, and the $#!+ Title, would he have renamed the Big Gold Belt the “Stampede World Heavyweight Title”??

The Patriot, Lex Lugar, Kurt Angle, Jack Swagger, and the leader, Mr. America in a stable. Would you mark out if they debut at the Great American Bash??

Why does the IWC accept the Smoking Skull Belt and the FTW Belt but reject the WWE Spinner Belt and the Immortal Belt?? How do you feel about the Rated R Spinner Belt and the United States Spinner Belt??

Does Mr. Anderson remind you of both Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock combined??

Look at my signature picture. Where would last year’s WreslteMania XXVII Champions, Batista and Jericho be on the card had they stuck around for WM XXVIII

Look out for the next episode of Triple R. Same Pat-Time, same Pat-Channel!!

First off, Happy St. Patrick's Day (or is that Happy King Patrick's Day) all the way from Ireland. Now let's get to Episode V.

Here are 3 names I would have rather seen inducted into the Celebrity wing of the WWE Hall of Fame this year. Floyd Mayweather. WrestleMania XXIV Main Event winner. Lawrence Taylor. WrestleMania XI Main Event winner. Mr. T. Not only did he wrestle at the Grandest Stage of them All, but he has wrestled and won in the Main Event at the first two WrestleManias. I really do pity the fool(s) who didn’t induct him or LT or Money yet.

Mr. Tyson and Sir Donald Of Trumpington also come to mind.

There have been Tag Teams and Families inducted into the WWE HOF. Which stable should be the first inducted?? Okay, we know which should be the first, put your Fours up. Which stable should be the second inducted??

Everyone will say nWo and D-Generation X, they just seem to Kliq:lmao:

Who would you have as the first ECW alumni to be inducted into Hall of Fame, excluding Paul Heyman??
Not Shane ''I did Matt Striker's Gimmick First'' Douglas. Just foul language and average matches. Never cut it anywhere else. I guess RVD gets the nod, followed by Crocodile Tears Dreamer. Taz(z) and Sabu for honorable mentions.

What makes up Kurt Angle’s 14 World Titles?? I only count 10.
I know his IWGP Title is considered here. I think he also counts a World Title for amateur wrestling and maybe those lovely Olympic Medallions around his neck too?

If Lance Storm defeated Booker T. for the WCW Title while he had the Canadian Title, the 100 kg and Under Title, and the $#!+ Title, would he have renamed the Big Gold Belt the “Stampede World Heavyweight Title”??
Yes. Just yes. I am a Storm Trooper. Its a travesty that he hasn't competed on the Grandest Stage of Them All. I know he took part in a dark tag match but that just ain't good enough.

Does Mr. Anderson remind you of both Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock combined??
HE.FUCKING.WISHES -Side Note, he would have been huge in the Attitude Era, as would The Rapper Cena.

Look out for the next episode of Triple R.
I anxiously await :)

First off, Happy St. Patrick's Day (or is that Happy King Patrick's Day) all the way from Ireland. Now let's get to Episode V.

Happy Patrick’s Day!! Saints and Kings…there’s a difference.

Mr. Tyson and Sir Donald Of Trumpington also come to mind.

Mike Tyson as a Heel manager / enforcer who turns on the Heels and joins the Anti-Hero, then returns to join the Heels he turned on, maybe. Trump facing McMahon without messing up his hair, then returns to initiate the Raw Celebrity Guest Host concept, yes!!

Everyone will say nWo and D-Generation X, they just seem to Kliq

Okay, after the New D-Generation X World Order, which Stable should go 4th??

Not Shane ''I did Matt Striker's Gimmick First'' Douglas. Just foul language and average matches. Never cut it anywhere else. I guess RVD gets the nod, followed by Crocodile Tears Dreamer. Taz(z) and Sabu for honorable mentions.

I agree with this. Rob Van Dam, first WWECW Champion / first to hold both the WWE and ECW Title simultaneously. Tommy Dreamer, first Superstar to hold both the ECW Title and the WWECE Title. FTW, ECW’s “Stone Cold”, in my opinion.

I know his IWGP Title is considered here. I think he also counts a World Title for amateur wrestling and maybe those lovely Olympic Medallions around his neck too?

Oh.

Yes. Just yes. I am a Storm Trooper. Its a travesty that he hasn't competed on the Grandest Stage of Them All. I know he took part in a dark tag match but that just ain't good enough.

If only he could be serious for a moment while airing live at Mania.

HE.FUCKING.WISHES -Side Note, he would have been huge in the Attitude Era, as would The Rapper Cena.

Agree. I’m not saying he’s the next “Rock Cold” or “The Stone”…wait, that actually doesn’t sound wrong.

Take 5.

Keep up the good work King Patrick.

*Why does WWE acknowledge Big Daddy V/Viscera as Mabel but not R-Truth as K-Kwik?

*WWF In Your House 13: Final Four was dubbed so because its main event was a Fatal 4-Way for the Vacant WWF Championship featuring the Final Four of the Royal Rumble a month previous. The competitors were Steve Austin, Bret Hart, The Undertaker And Vader. This is all well and good...HOWEVER, the actual Final Four in the Rumble were Steve Austin, Bret Hart, Undertaker and ''Diesel'' (Fake Version).

*Why do wrestlers attempt to pin their opponent again directly after a 2-count? Has that ever worked for anyone? Ever?

Keep up the good work King Patrick.

Thank you!! I was afraid I was turning into Jeff Jarrett in TNA with the NWA Title. HAHA!!

*Why does WWE acknowledge Big Daddy V/Viscera as Mabel but not R-Truth as K-Kwik?

Why is that?? Not only that, but R-Truth and K-Kwik are the exact same character. Mable, Viscera, and Big Daddy V were three different characters.

*WWF In Your House 13: Final Four was dubbed so because its main event was a Fatal 4-Way for the Vacant WWF Championship featuring the Final Four of the Royal Rumble a month previous. The competitors were Steve Austin, Bret Hart, The Undertaker And Vader. This is all well and good...HOWEVER, the actual Final Four in the Rumble were Steve Austin, Bret Hart, Undertaker and ''Diesel'' (Fake Version).

Fake Diesel, and Fake Razor Ramon should have been given Nash’s and Hall’s push, but I guess that’s not what they were going for. I was actually expecting J. R. o break out more Bizzaro WWE Stars, but oh well!!

*Why do wrestlers attempt to pin their opponent again directly after a 2-count? Has that ever worked for anyone? Ever?

Imagine if Jeff was able to kick out of Sting’s pin at Victory Road, only for Sting to press down harder with the immediate second attempt. It’s like the opposite of the “Screw Job”.

This one grinded my gears before.... So I ask

Why oh why was Wrestlemania 25 referred to as the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania?

Surely Wrestlemania 2 was the 1st Anniversary... Wrestlemania 3 was the 2nd Anniversary... Wrestlemania 24 was the 23rd Anniversary and...
Wrestlemania 25 was the 24th Anniversary!!! It's just blatant ignorance and I wont stand for it. Well, actually I will, but still my point remains. Did anyone else ever question this? Are we just accepting it!? I wonder did WWE ever think this but then figured we would just all go along with it.

And for my next trick…

Team USA – aside from consisting of Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Jack Swagger, Lex Lugar, and the Patriot, and debuting at the Great American Bash, I’d also like to add Sgt. Slaughter and Hacksaw Jim Duggan to the “Real American Heroes”. I’m not sure how I forgot those, but…Team America…Phuck Yeah!!

How funny would it be if TNA’s “Network” turned out to be Vince McMahon and “WWE TV”??

Would it be funnier than Hulk Hogan revealed as the Mystery Raw General Manager??

Who should induct Vince Kennedy McMahon into the WWE Hall of Fame?? My picks are Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, and John Cena together or Vince inducts himself. While God rests on Sundays, Vince holds PPVs.

Championship Wrestling International. That tour in May looks pretty good on paper. Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, X-Pac, The Nasty Boys, Tatanka, and Brutus Beefcake. Any guesses as to who will make up the “other big names”?? I meant papyrus paper.

The Immortal World Championship, that’s an oxymoron.

I don’t know if I said this before, but it’s fresh in my mind. At Lockdown, Rob Van Dam should come out with the TNA World Title Version 1, Mr. Anderson should come out with the TNA World Title Version 2 (Immortal / Jeff Hardy version), and Sting, of course, enters with the current TNA World Title. Have the two challengers claim to be the rightful Champion with their respective Belts and complain about how they lost it. I don’t care who wins, but imagine what the winner would look like at the end with 3 TNA World Titles. That would be a very close second place to Kurt holding 5 Belts and a Karen. That’s my favorite TNA moment ever.

I get what the WWE is trying to accomplish with The Corre vs. Kane, Big Show, Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov at WM XXVII, but I would have rather had these 8 men in an 8-man Elimination Tag Team Match, or a Fatal Four Way Tag Team Elimination Championship Match or a Money In The Bank Ladder Match.

Speaking of Money In The Bank, how would you feel if Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Triple H, and the Undertaker were the participants of WM XXVII’s MITB Match…with Undertaker’s WM Streak on the line as well.

So who do you think is going to win the 27-Man Battle Royal Dark Match this year?? I’d like to see Zack Ryder get revenge from last year and eliminate Yoshi Tatsu last to win…or have Tatsu win and continue his WM Dark Match Undefeated Streak.

The only guys from the Elimination Chamber PPV who didn’t make it on WM this year are Ted DiBiase, Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntyre, and R-Truth. Maybe they should be in a Raw vs. Smackdown Tag Team match with a Face and a Heel on both sides.

The only match that I’m willing to bet on this year is the Triple H vs. Undertaker match. It is possible for Miz or Edge or Cena or Del Rio to walk out with the WWE World Title. It’s also possible that The Rock or Christian walk out with the Belts as well.

The only match missing from this year’s Mania is Batista vs. Chris Jericho. Think about it, the WWE and World Champions walking into last year’s Mania, BOTH not here this year. That has never happened before, look it up.

At the start or at the end of WrestleMania XXVII, I would like the following lines said to open or close the show.
Stone Cold Steve Austin said:
“Some people claim that there’s a Rocky to blame…
The Rock said:
…but I know, it’s ol’ Stone Cold’s fault.”
Hey, they’re there anyway.

Next year, at WM XXVIII, Triple H vs. Vince McMahon Career vs. Ownership of the WWE Universe. If HHH loses, he retires and runs the company. If HHH wins he retires and runs the company. If Vince wins, they will re-do the finish live on PPV.

This one grinded my gears before.... So I ask

Why oh why was Wrestlemania 25 referred to as the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania?

Surely Wrestlemania 2 was the 1st Anniversary... Wrestlemania 3 was the 2nd Anniversary... Wrestlemania 24 was the 23rd Anniversary and...
Wrestlemania 25 was the 24th Anniversary!!! It's just blatant ignorance and I wont stand for it. Well, actually I will, but still my point remains. Did anyone else ever question this? Are we just accepting it!? I wonder did WWE ever think this but then figured we would just all go along with it.

I never understood that either, but like other things in the WWE Universe, I just accepted that one.

TNA calls Kurt a 13 time world champion, 10 belts, 2 NCAA, 1 medal

If you pay attention to Kurt Angle's entrance video, it now says 14 time World Champion. I don’t get it either.

Only in TNA could

4 TNA Championships +
1 WCW Championship +
1 World Heavyweight Championship +
4 WWF/E Championships =

13 (now some are saying 14) time world champion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure my public education says that adds up to a 10 time Champion.

Is TNA recognizing his non recognized NWA Championship? or are they recognizing is IWGP (3rd title that the company doesn't even recognize as a champion with proper lineage). Hell why we're at it, let's add his Power Pro Wrestling Championship to the fold. So that gets us to 13.

So TNA recognizes the Olympic Gold Medal as a legit world title in the world of pro wrestling. I mean, why the hell not. I'm pretty sure that Olympic gold medal translates to a fake, fixed predetermined point. Why stop there though TNA? Hell, if we're counting amateur titles, might as well add a few more.

He won an NCAA Champion, 2 Freestyle championships, and a world championship. I mean by TNA math, that's an 18 time world champion.

TNA is fucking stupid sometimes.

Only in TNA could

4 TNA Championships +
1 WCW Championship +
1 World Heavyweight Championship +
4 WWF/E Championships =

13 (now some are saying 14) time world champion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure my public education says that adds up to a 10 time Champion.

Is TNA recognizing his non recognized NWA Championship? or are they recognizing is IWGP (3rd title that the company doesn't even recognize as a champion with proper lineage). Hell why we're at it, let's add his Power Pro Wrestling Championship to the fold. So that gets us to 13.

So TNA recognizes the Olympic Gold Medal as a legit world title in the world of pro wrestling. I mean, why the hell not. I'm pretty sure that Olympic gold medal translates to a fake, fixed predetermined point. Why stop there though TNA? Hell, if we're counting amateur titles, might as well add a few more.

He won an NCAA Champion, 2 Freestyle championships, and a world championship. I mean by TNA math, that's an 18 time world champion.

TNA is fucking stupid sometimes.

What’s more stupid??

Kurt Angle being called a 14 time World Champion when he’s really 10 time Champion.

OR

Ric Flair being called a 16 time World Champion when he’s really 20 – 25 time Champion. (Officially 16, Flair says 21, I’ve counted between 22 and 24)

Welcome to another edition of Random Rhetorical Rants. I am you’re host, King Patrick. Let’s get right into it.

The WWE either needs to cut the PPVs back down to 4 a year or cut the price down to $20 per PPV, $25 for HD, and $30 for WrestleMania, $35 for WM in HD.

Like the last 26 WrestleManias, I loved WM XXVII. Yes, I have a subscription of issues with it, but overall, it’s still the best PPV of the year for 27 straight years.

Announcing Cena vs. the Rock for WM XXVIII was brilliant, but this is the WWE, something is going to change. It almost has to.

SummerSlam 2011 – John Cena and Cena’s handpicked partner, Randy Orton vs. The Rock and Rock’s handpicked partner, Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Survivor Series 2011 – The Cenation (Team Captain John Cena, Randy Orton, Big Show, Kane, and the mystery partner, Samoa Joe) vs. Team Bring It / The People (Team Captain The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Chris Jericho and the mystery partner, Kurt Angle)

Royal Rumble 2011 – Undertaker returns, wins the Royal Rumble and chooses not to go for the WWE / World Title and instead inserts himself into the Rock / Cena match, making his final match, going for 20 – 0, a Triple Threat Elimination match against Rocky and Johnny. That’s a great way to go out.

WrestleMania XXVIII – the theme should be Legends vs. Superstars. Given that Undertaker is both, it just fits perfectly. An Austin vs. Orton match and a WWE Champion vs. World Champion Unification match could be the other Main Events.

At next year’s Mania, I would like to see the return of the Tag Team Turmoil. I would like the surprise entrants to be Orlando Jordan and MVP as a team named “Heat”. Imagine the pop they would get winning Tag Team Gold at home in Miami.

Do you think Kaz will be the one to turn on Fortune?? I just hope it’s not Beer or Money.

Planet Jarrett vs. Angle Alliance. Make it happen.

One way for Matt to step out of the Hardy Boyz shadow and for Bubba to step out of the Dudley Boyz shadow…win the Tag Titles together. Team DH (the Designated Hitters of the “Boyz”) or Team HD (watching Jeff and Devon was like watching regular TV and Matt and Bubba are just a higher definition than their respective brothers) If Booker T. and Scott Steiner can do it, so can they.

Can I show up at the Impact Zone and tell Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Eric Bishcoff that the Network demanded Sting be stripped of the TNA Title, and crown me, King Patrick, the new TNA World Champion!? But the Network said give me the Beautiful new Belt!! They also told me to take Eric Young’s and Jeff Hardy’s Belts as well.

Generation Me. They are brothers. You have a blonde whose name starts with a J, Jeremy and a brunette whose name starts with an M, Max. Max goes heel and turns on Jeremy. Where did I see this before?? The real question is, were they going to try and have Tara play the role of Lita??

Suicide. Who’s playing Suicide now?? Just get Homicide and Sabu and become a Stable called Genocide.

King of the Ring 2012 should be Tournament consisting of the 2 Money In The Bank winners, the Tag Team Champions, the United States Champion, the Intercontinental Champion, the World Champion, and the WWE Champion. The concept of having a King of the Ring Tournament of Champions would add prestige to the WWE Crown, add credibility to the MITB winners, Tag Champs, and the Mid-Card Champs by being in a Tournament with the World Champions, and extra excitement for the fans who are seeing all of the Champions showcased in one major event.

See you next time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back