Questions based on nationality

Well, you anti-government, conspiracy-theorist bastard.

What conspiracy theory? It's a known fact that we only help those who can help us. We're the people that Saddam in power, and we're paying for it now, with every soldier that doesn't come home.

As for the New Zealand thing, I'd think they don't have a ton of space. They're not small, but by comparison they certainly are.

When did living space equate to how good your country is? NZ is a beautiful country. Watch Lord of The Rings. And what about Lariats argument of Sweden? Not the biggest country by any shot of the imagination

If you say that, then Russia would win by default. And we know that sure as shit ain't the case. Commies.

While true (we did build the Iraq and Afghani war machines), you kind of proved his point with this comment. We protect certain countries, the ones that we'd be fucked without, which is pretty much what you're both saying here. We don't want people fucking with Israel, England, or Pakistan, because they're our "friends". It's politics...Way of the world. I'm sure France wasn't thrilled about helping us out in our revolution, but they did, because it was good business.

What I'm saying is that the idea of us going over to places like Iraq out of the sheer goodness of our hearts to go help our fellow man is a fat fucking load of bullshit.

If the US cared so much about dictatorships and human lives being taken unjustly, we'd have done something about Rwanda. Or Darfur. Or we wouldn't suck Saudi Arabia's dick, the number one human rights violator on Earth. So long as they have so much cash in our banks, they practically own us. Why do you think we got involved in Iraq in the 90s? Saudi Arabia, again.

The US doesn't give a shit about morals or good and bad. We support who can help us, and don't give a shit about who can't. Which is why we gladly supported tyrants who killed millions of their own people so long as they just kept in line with us.

Cuba: nothing we need, communist government. Carry on.

Iraq: oil. DOWN WITH OPPRESSION! DEMOCRACY MUST REIGN!

American only helps those countries who have something to offer to us. If you think about it, there really isn't much of a point for us to go and help some other country that we aren't going to get anything out of. We want what's best for us, so if there's anything America can do to make sure it's helping itself, then we will probably do whatever that is.

What I'm saying is that the idea of us going over to places like Iraq out of the sheer goodness of our hearts to go help our fellow man is a fat fucking load of bullshit.

If the US cared so much about dictatorships and human lives being taken unjustly, we'd have done something about Rwanda. Or Darfur. Or we wouldn't suck Saudi Arabia's dick, the number one human rights violator on Earth. So long as they have so much cash in our banks, they practically own us. Why do you think we got involved in Iraq in the 90s? Saudi Arabia, again.

The US doesn't give a shit about morals or good and bad. We support who can help us, and don't give a shit about who can't. Which is why we gladly supported tyrants who killed millions of their own people so long as they just kept in line with us.

Agreed. What I was trying to say is that 48/7 was right, he just had the reasoning all wrong. If someone attacked Taiwan tomorrow, we'd save them because we'd have nowhere else to get our toys. If someone bombed Venezuela into ash, we'd be blowing Hugo, trying to rebuild the country to save our oil prices. I know how it works...

American only helps those countries who have something to offer to us. If you think about it, there really isn't much of a point for us to go and help some other country that we aren't going to get anything out of. We want what's best for us, so if there's anything America can do to make sure it's helping itself, then we will probably do whatever that is.

Don't pretend that you know politics.

When did living space equate to how good your country is? NZ is a beautiful country. Watch Lord of The Rings. And what about Lariats argument of Sweden? Not the biggest country by any shot of the imagination

If you say that, then Russia would win by default. And we know that sure as shit ain't the case. Commies.

....do people even read what I say before they try to rip it apart? First line: IN NO WAY AM I SAYING FOR SURE THAT I'M COMPLETELY RIGHT.

Anyway, for the space thing, we have a huge country where people can go just about anywhere they want. We have room to grow. As for Lariat, fine and good about women. There are several beautiful women here, but looks mean little to me as far as someone I'm romantically interested in, but that's neither here nor there.

Cuba: nothing we need, communist government. Carry on.

Iraq: oil. DOWN WITH OPPRESSION! DEMOCRACY MUST REIGN!

Pretty much what he said.

I'll be the first to say that I have no idea what I'm talking about. They don't teach history in schools, or rather, relevant history. (I'd hardly consider studying Macedonians relevant to today.) I'll be in AP US next year, though. That'll be good stuff.

They teach history in schools, but they teach revisionist history. I know for a fact that German kids today learn about WWII much differently than we do, and I doubt that kids in Japan are revelling over the day Fat Man and Little Boy mutated their grandparents.

I pretty much agree with alot of this in the fact that being in Iraq, Afghanistan, is pointless minus the fact that oil comes from or from around there. Putting more troops into Iraq was just a slaughterhouse for US Soldiers. The Outstanding Public Debt as of 23 Aug 2009 at 09:01:15 AM GMT is: $11,730,470,572,115.87. That is fucking ridiculous. We've been at war for just about 9 years. For what reason? For what POSITIVE reason? There are reasons, but all are negative. None are for the good of America. :twocents:

Tasty, as for why I think America is the greatest country in the world (which certainly is open for debate and in no way am I saying for sure that I'm completely right), I would say it's for a few reasons. To begin with, there's very little we don't have here. We have food, water, medicine (for the most part), security and space. We've been relatively dominant from a military perspective since our birth as a nation (yes there are exceptions here too), meaning that if nothing else we haven't met our match as far as the military goes. Above all, for the most part, there's few limitations on what can be done here. Of course there are laws, but within reason, there's little that any person of legal age can't do. That's what I think at least.

I appreciate all of those things, but they are true of so many other nations. Nobody goes without food and water in Europe, most of the countries in Europe get free medicine, we have security. Britain may not have space, but Sweden, the country I also believe to be the greatest on earth certainly does, as do Germany, France, the other scandanavian countries and Spain.to name but a few.

As for dominant in military, yes, but you have lost a war, Vietnam, and Korea was a draw. Britain hasn't lost a war since we lost to, well you, some 230 years ago, and Sweden doesn't fight wars, which I'd argue is an all together better place to be. You could argue inaction, but isolationism worked for you guys for a long time.

There's fewer limitations here and elsewhere in Europe.

I suppose, as you have proved, the thing that sets America apart is its fierce sense of partriotism, which is often laced with bigotry here. I don't know if that is necessarily a good thing though.

Thanks for a proper answer, by the way.

Australians:

Does anyone actually wear/still wear hats with corks on them?

Hats with corks are stereotypical, hats without corks is Australian. The gravity pressure in Australia disallows corks to worn on those hats as they weigh us down whilst we walk. We have high gravity levels compared to everywhere else

The more you know...

You don't have free health care :p

This coming from the guy whose country is known for their amazing dental care ;)

I pretty much agree with alot of this in the fact that being in Iraq, Afghanistan, is pointless minus the fact that oil comes from or from around there. Putting more troops into Iraq was just a slaughterhouse for US Soldiers. The Outstanding Public Debt as of 23 Aug 2009 at 09:01:15 AM GMT is: $11,730,470,572,115.87. That is fucking ridiculous. We've been at war for just about 9 years. For what reason? For what POSITIVE reason? There are reasons, but all are negative. None are for the good of America. :twocents:

I'll avoid commenting on anything about the conflicts in the middle east, because we can all agree it's pretty much a pointless bloodbath for all parties.

As far as the debt, I don't think too many people genuinely care. Whatever it is we may owe France, I'm pretty sure they'll forgive and forget if Hitler and Himmler's great great grandchildren came rolling through with Howitzers.

....do people even read what I say before they try to rip it apart? First line: IN NO WAY AM I SAYING FOR SURE THAT I'M COMPLETELY RIGHT.

Yeah I read that, your first post. But how the hell am I supposed to argue if you're not taking a strong stance?

Anyway, for the space thing, we have a huge country where people can go just about anywhere they want. We have room to grow. As for Lariat, fine and good about women. There are several beautiful women here, but looks mean little to me as far as someone I'm romantically interested in, but that's neither here nor there.

Yeah Sweden arent the greatest country, agreed. I find tits a little less appealing than having great life expectancy rates.I just looked up the rates, and Sweden doesnt do too badly, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT, The US is number 50 on that list. Thank god I live in number 7.

Sure they're true in many other nations, never said they weren't. It's something we have as well. Yeah the free medicine thing is indeed a big black mark. I mentioned the exceptions, meaning Vietnam and Korea and others.

I appreciate all of those things, but they are true of so many other nations. Nobody goes without food and water in Europe, most of the countries in Europe get free medicine, we have security. Britain may not have space, but Sweden, the country I also believe to be the greatest on earth certainly does, as do Germany, France, the other scandanavian countries and Spain.to name but a few.

Nobody goes without food and water? Have you taken a look at Eastern Europe?

As far as Germany having space, excuse me while I laugh my ass off. I've met people that live in Germany, and have had "pen pals" that live in Germany. One of the biggest problems in Germany is too many people. The population is growing too fast for the country to keep up with, and people end up living in tiny apartments. I don't know about the Scandanavian countries or France, but Germany is certainly not known for it's immense wealth and green pastures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back