Quarter Finals: Geralt vs. Magneto

Who wins?

• Geralt of Rivia

• Magneto

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention its not really him being a telepathy ...its a magic spell.

"Even if his helmet couldn't block it (it cant) he would still probably resist it because he is just fucking awesome and can do anything vote magneto kill your parents"

Ok dude, fuck

Not that I'm weighing in one way or another, but remember, Magneto's daughter (fuck you Marvel) is the Scarlet Witch, one of the most dangerous and chaotic Magic users in the Marvel 616 universe. He may have learned a thing or two about magic defense.

Norcal has a point, maybe. While magic and telepathy have different ways to go about it, the end result is still the same. We could assume Magneto has enough to resist, but there is nothing I remember about him resisting magic specifically in that way. At best its a 50/50 shot. It also comes down to if there is a certain proximity it has in order to be effective, as well as how useful he is with it. Clearly a basic spell is less effective than one that has been perfected in battle over many years.

So lets just throw that out & to fairly balance it we will handicap Magneto from his "iron in the blood means I can control you" power. Nobody is gonna be forced to hold still for any attacks here. Also lets just kill the "BUT SCIENCE!" argument in regards to envious. In this tournament, you have to go by canon, not what Beakman rips off from Bill Nye to teach us about our real world.

Neither have knowledge of the next fighter, but they do know this late in the bracket the opponents are sure to be fierce. Therefore we can assume both will throw up their respective protection/defense first-hand. We know the Quen can be broken by Magneto, but what does Geralt have to do to burst his bubble? We know Magneto can take a shot from someone who can destroy planets for fun. What is comparable to that in his arsenal?

So for giggles lets say both are broken through. What now? Magneto is still not gonna let this guy in close, especially after taking his best shot. He is likely to hover 20-30 ft up and start laying down some rubble or hunks of whatever to put an obstacle between them while looking for his kill shot. He knows what breaks Geralts defense, so it will be elaborate enough to get the job done.

I doubt Geralt can spam his strongest feat without at least a cool down. Magneto does not need to take a break. Even at a reasonable 10 seconds, that is a big enough window for Magneto to fling a dozen chunks of metal his way. 10 seconds is a long time in a fight. Go ahead, ill wait why you count to ten.

Geralt is probably dead by the time you finished. Because his shield and body could not withstand a bunch of metal objects being hurled at him. His strongest feat is at best half as powerful as the worst shots Magneto has tanked from the strongest mutants alive & he wont get a second chance to use it.

Norcal has a point, maybe. While magic and telepathy have different ways to go about it, the end result is still the same. We could assume Magneto has enough to resist, but there is nothing I remember about him resisting magic specifically in that way. At best its a 50/50 shot. It also comes down to if there is a certain proximity it has in order to be effective, as well as how useful he is with it. Clearly a basic spell is less effective than one that has been perfected in battle over many years.

If an enemy is within range -- roughly thirty feet -- the Axii sign doesn't dissipate as long as it reaches its target. Geralt's date of birth is a mystery, but his mentor Vesemir once noted "You're near a century old yourself". Obviously; Witchers don't age at the same rate as human beings. According to his bio, Geralt started training to be a Witcher shortly after his birth. You're talking about a basic spell, perfected in battle over many decades.

So lets just throw that out & to fairly balance it we will handicap Magneto from his "iron in the blood means I can control you" power. Nobody is gonna be forced to hold still for any attacks here. Also lets just kill the "BUT SCIENCE!" argument in regards to envious. In this tournament, you have to go by canon, not what Beakman rips off from Bill Nye to teach us about our real world.

I didn't reference Beakman or Bill Nye, but I appreciate the compliment just the same.

Neither have knowledge of the next fighter, but they do know this late in the bracket the opponents are sure to be fierce. Therefore we can assume both will throw up their respective protection/defense first-hand. We know the Quen can be broken by Magneto, but what does Geralt have to do to burst his bubble? We know Magneto can take a shot from someone who can destroy planets for fun. What is comparable to that in his arsenal?

We know that heat from Geralt's Igni sign can dull Magneto's magnetic abilities, mainly because I've mentioned it four times and have posted a reference to support it.

Can you post a source on Magneto taking a shot from someone who can destroy planets (Galactus?)? You seem to be implying that Magneto is -- on top of every-fucking-thing else -- more dense than a planet.

So for giggles lets say both are broken through. What now? Magneto is still not gonna let this guy in close, especially after taking his best shot. He is likely to hover 20-30 ft up and start laying down some rubble or hunks of whatever to put an obstacle between them while looking for his kill shot. He knows what breaks Geralts defense, so it will be elaborate enough to get the job done.

For giggles, how about you explain exactly what Geralt's best shot was.

If Geralt casts an Igni sign that dulls Magneto's ability to utilize magnetism, then Magneto won't be able to fly away. Geralt can cast Igni as part of a sword combo, he doesn't need to give Magneto the time to consider what had just happened.

I doubt Geralt can spam his strongest feat without at least a cool down. Magneto does not need to take a break. Even at a reasonable 10 seconds, that is a big enough window for Magneto to fling a dozen chunks of metal his way. 10 seconds is a long time in a fight. Go ahead, ill wait why you count to ten.

Okay, you're drawing a lot of bizarre assumptions here. It doesn't take ten seconds for Geralt to renew his stamina, five seconds tops while in combat. Also; dodging and attacking doesn't hinder Geralt's stamina regeneration. Geralt has dodged objects being thrown at him by magicians before, he wouldn't just allow himself to be hit because he had already cast a Quen sign.

Geralt is probably dead by the time you finished. Because his shield and body could not withstand a bunch of metal objects being hurled at him. His strongest feat is at best half as powerful as the worst shots Magneto has tanked from the strongest mutants alive & he wont get a second chance to use it.

Right. If you're going to act like you're an impartial referee here, you need to show a little more comprehension than just a blind assumption. You claim that Magneto has tanked worse shots than Geralt could possibly muster, and I've provided proof to the contrary.

Your conclusion is that Magneto has taken worse than Geralt can hit him with.

My conclusion is that Magneto has been beaten by less than Geralt can hit him with.

I provided proof, you didn't.

My conclusion is that Magneto has been beaten by less than Geralt can hit him with.

I provided proof, you didn't.

If I show you the panels of Magento tanking multiple nukes and an attack from Galactus, aren't you just going to turn it around and tell us why we should disregard those panels with a dated defeat from a 60s comic panel?

It's common knowledge to anyone else that's been following Magneto in this tournament. No one should have to google this for you. We're not making it up. And everyone's brought it up. Good chance we're not all banded together lying to you.

If I show you the panels of Magento tanking multiple nukes and an attack from Galactus, aren't you just going to turn it around and tell us why we should disregard those panels with a dated defeat from a 60s comic panel?

I think we should regard everything that's available.

When I provided examples, you and Nightmare attempted to tell me why I should disregard them. The only example I was critical of was when JGlass shared a tiny pic of the mansion to emphasize how much metal might be around for Magneto to utilize.

If I think there's enough reason to do so, I'll make an argument.

It's common knowledge to anyone else that's been following Magneto in this tournament. No one should have to google this for you. We're not making it up. And everyone's brought it up. Good chance we're not all banded together lying to you.

Oh for fuck's sake; the only time I accused someone of making anything up was when JGlass claimed that Magneto's magnetic armor couldn't be penetrated by Geralt's silver sword. I don't think that anyone has banded together to lie to me.

Can you at least reference a specific issue in terms of Magneto's ability to take a planet busting blast and keep on fighting?

I think we should regard everything that's available.

When I provided examples, you and Nightmare attempted to tell me why I should disregard them. The only example I was critical of was when JGlass shared a tiny pic of the mansion to emphasize how much metal might be around for Magneto to utilize.

If I think there's enough reason to do so, I'll make an argument.

Oh for fuck's sake; the only time I accused someone of making anything up was when JGlass claimed that Magneto's magnetic armor couldn't be penetrated by Geralt's silver sword. I don't think that anyone has banded together to lie to me.

Can you at least reference a specific issue in terms of Magneto's ability to take a planet busting blast and keep on fighting?

We tell you why they should be disregarded because of Magneto's power to counter it or because we have actual feats that Magneto has pulled off. When you disregard something, you try to apply real life science to something that isn't real to explain it away, rather than explain what Gerald can do to counter something, you try to erase the obstacle for one reason or another.

I don't plan to give you issues. You ignored me the last time I did it, just because you could.

If it helps your case though, Galactus was not at full power, and Magneto survived. He didn't just walk it off. It put him down. Someone else must have said planet busting blast because it wasn't me. Galactus is a planet buster, but the hit Magneto took wasn't on that level. It would have killed a lot of other lesser mutants though. And if his shield hadn't taken the brunt of it, it would have turned his super human body into dust.

The missiles were made specifically to kill him, by being immune to the electromagnetic storm he was generating. And set to go off the moment he tried to use his powers on them directly. They ended up pretty much going off in his face, and he struggled to contain the blast.

Damn impressive feats. But perhaps not what everyone else might be hyping them up to be. All the same I don't think Geralt can do anything to exert that kind of force.

I dont have panels for the Galactus fight, but I am pretty sure it was Secret Wars.

What I do have is this.
970483-story1page17sf8.jpg

3874378-0074956787-magfi.jpg

His shield can take full shots from Cyclops & Thor/She-Hulk failed to make a difference as a duo. Think about that for a sec. Those are powerful characters & along with the time he took a shot from Phoenix wihout breaking his shield, it shows he has withstood some of the hardest shots in Marvel. Phoenix herself was shocked her power was at a limit & all it did was knock him into an instrument panel or something. Now since canon says he can tank blasts equivalent to nukes, then you need to show how Geralt gets it done with something stronger than a nuclear level blast.

While we are at it, give me a way he could see Magneto coming when he suddenly disappears. Say he breaks the Quen, turns invisible & lands a blow to his skull. We cant forget that he is more than capable of using physical attacks instead of his powers. The guy is stronger and faster than many heroes & has shown to he a master battle strategist.

Even those who love and appreciate Geralt can see he is at a disadvantage. There are just more ways he can be dispatched than there are ways he can take Magneto down.

Yea, but that's the case in literally every fight Geralt has been in for eighty plus years. Fighting from underneath and figuring out a way to win is his entire shtick

....and Magneto does what? Oh yeah, he beats up mutants. Stronger ones than White Wolf.

Love the guy, but dont see it happening. Unless you got something to show he can pull a powerful enough blast to bust the shield and then finish the job before Magneto gets really pissed and flings large heavy things his way.

....and Magneto does what? Oh yeah, he beats up mutants. Stronger ones than White Wolf.

Love the guy, but dont see it happening. Unless you got something to show he can pull a powerful enough blast to bust the shield and then finish the job before Magneto gets really pissed and flings large heavy things his way.

You know what's funny? The only argument anyone has given in regard to my point of Geralt's Igni sign being a means of dulling Magneto's magnetic abilities was something along the lines of "it probably wouldn't be hot enough".

In every panel you've shared, nobody has tried to use heat to dull Magneto's shield. Cyclops' optic beam doesn't generate heat by the way.

Here's the link AGAIN, please explain how you believe that Magneto wouldn't be affected by Geralt's Igni sign.

We tell you why they should be disregarded because of Magneto's power to counter it or because we have actual feats that Magneto has pulled off. When you disregard something, you try to apply real life science to something that isn't real to explain it away, rather than explain what Gerald can do to counter something, you try to erase the obstacle for one reason or another.

I've explained what Geralt could do to counter Magneto's abilities MANY TIMES. I'm honestly sick of repeating myself at this point, but here you go AGAIN:

Magneto's magnetic abilities would be countered by Geralt's ability to cast a blast of heat every five seconds, Magneto would only regain his abilities with magnetism after he cooled down. Magneto would be unable to fly if his magnetic abilities were dulled.

Magneto's attempts to attack Geralt with pieces of metal would be met by Geralt's Quen shield which would be able to sustain past the point of being hit once, beyond that Geralt is pretty damn quick on his feet.

I apply real life science when the comic books go way the hell off the rails because I won't just accept something as stupid as the idea that the iron in Geralt's blood could be used against him. When people go to get an MRI, they don't explode.

I don't plan to give you issues. You ignored me the last time I did it, just because you could.

I'm not ignoring you if I present an argument that addressed your point. You obviously don't like my arguments because of the whole "real science" thing, but I haven't been ignoring your points.

If it helps your case though, Galactus was not at full power, and Magneto survived. He didn't just walk it off. It put him down. Someone else must have said planet busting blast because it wasn't me. Galactus is a planet buster, but the hit Magneto took wasn't on that level. It would have killed a lot of other lesser mutants though. And if his shield hadn't taken the brunt of it, it would have turned his super human body into dust.

In that issue, did Galactus kill any lesser mutants with the same blast?

The missiles were made specifically to kill him, by being immune to the electromagnetic storm he was generating. And set to go off the moment he tried to use his powers on them directly. They ended up pretty much going off in his face, and he struggled to contain the blast.

Okay well, I'll admit that I don't know how Geralt can match the potential of magic anti-electromagnetic missiles.

Damn impressive feats. But perhaps not what everyone else might be hyping them up to be. All the same I don't think Geralt can do anything to exert that kind of force.

What kind of force? I know that comic book writers love to associate ideas that they barely understand to problems and solutions, but my argument is that Geralt's Igni sign would be able to dull Magneto's magnetic abilities.

Hey man, if the magneto people want to go with "well yea it makes zero sense in any reality but its comic books so what! He just can! It doesn't need to make sense" and people are cool with that in their votes, then alright lol. Its their right to vote for something even the magneto supporters admit have no basis in any kind for rules or science in the real world or in cannon.

If magneto can do basically anything imaginable (apparently) well then he better win the whole fuckin tournament.

People will have to decide if the flimsy nature of some of this stuff is enough for their vote.

I've explained what Geralt could do to counter Magneto's abilities MANY TIMES. I'm honestly sick of repeating myself at this point, but here you go AGAIN:

Magneto's magnetic abilities would be countered by Geralt's ability to cast a blast of heat every five seconds, Magneto would only regain his abilities with magnetism after he cooled down. Magneto would be unable to fly if his magnetic abilities were dulled.

Magneto's attempts to attack Geralt with pieces of metal would be met by Geralt's Quen shield which would be able to sustain past the point of being hit once, beyond that Geralt is pretty damn quick on his feet.

I apply real life science when the comic books go way the hell off the rails because I won't just accept something as stupid as the idea that the iron in Geralt's blood could be used against him. When people go to get an MRI, they don't explode.

I'm not ignoring you if I present an argument that addressed your point. You obviously don't like my arguments because of the whole "real science" thing, but I haven't been ignoring your points.

In that issue, did Galactus kill any lesser mutants with the same blast?

Okay well, I'll admit that I don't know how Geralt can match the potential of magic anti-electromagnetic missiles.

What kind of force? I know that comic book writers love to associate ideas that they barely understand to problems and solutions, but my argument is that Geralt's Igni sign would be able to dull Magneto's magnetic abilities.

Well I don't accept that a human being can combust the air with his mind without an igniter and a fuel source. And I don't accept that You can just magically charm someone with a spell. None of it is scientifically possible and he just does it. It's bullshit.

See how that works? It's shitty isn't it?

Magneto can magnetize the iron using his control over electromagnetism. It's op. It's bullshit. It's Magneto.
His helmet isn't the only thing protecting him. He has insane force of will. A common copout in comic book land to counter telepaths. But he's got it. Heat doesn't counter an entire force of nature. Lightning wouldn't be a thing otherwise. (Electromagnetic Force)

Stuff doesn't need to be pre-magnetized for him to mess with it. Though it does make it easier, we've been over this. Your lack of acceptance of it, doesn't make it any less a part of his cannon. Does his cannon conflict? Sure. Writers do what they like. And I'm sure Gerald could beat some of the weaker Magnetos over the years. But he wouldn't beat the Magento most comic book fans know today and you have to pretend those versions of Magento don't exist to imagine a scenario where Geralt wins.

Magneto is bullshit. We all know that. Blame the writers.
He's physically, mentally, and kinetically imposing. He's fought magical warriors and telepaths before, and unless you count gods and celestials, he doesn't have a record of being beaten in one on one combat. I'm not saying he's unstoppable. But you have to find someone he can't kill in 2 seconds. Half of Geralts equipment would be through his torso by the time he got off a spell. Including all of his swords, silver or not. If you think Gerald can cast faster than the stuff already touching him can pierce his skin, then by all means keep talking. I'm done arguing the obvious.

Hey man, if the magneto people want to go with "well yea it makes zero sense in any reality but its comic books so what! He just can! It doesn't need to make sense" and people are cool with that in their votes, then alright lol. Its their right to vote for something even the magneto supporters admit have no basis in any kind for rules or science in the real world or in cannon.

It baffles me that you're making this argument when Geralt can use magic, achieved his physical gifts from drinking some potions, and is several hundred years old.

But yeah, damn the lack of concrete science in comic books!

If magneto can do basically anything imaginable (apparently) well then he better win the whole fuckin tournament.

There's lots he can't do. He can just do a bunch of shit that would fuck Geralt's day up.

People will have to decide if the flimsy nature of some of this stuff is enough for their vote.

As opposed to the rock solid argument of, "He'll see Magneto and disrobe/ditch his metal fast enough before Magneto can do anything (because Magneto won't be trying to kill right away, unlike Geralt), and then he'll use his silver sword which Magneto could still control but he'd have to focus (which he clearly won't be able to do when his life is on the line like he's done a billion times before) to slice Magneto up into pieces while Magneto just smiles and meets his grizzly end."

I think Xemmy's last post just about sums it up: Magneto is very powerful to begin with, and Geralt just isn't the guy to overcome it. There are a few people left here who can in my eyes, but Geralt is not one of them.

It baffles me that you're making this argument when Geralt can use magic, achieved his physical gifts from drinking some potions, and is several hundred years old.

But yeah, damn the lack of concrete science in comic books!

m.

The reason its being harped on is because Magnetos powers and character are based in scientific theory (ie magnetism..duh)

The trial of the grasses, not really rooted in science

Well I don't accept that a human being can combust the air with his mind without an igniter and a fuel source. And I don't accept that You can just magically charm someone with a spell. None of it is scientifically possible and he just does it. It's bullshit.

I don't accept that a human being could do any of that either! You do realize that Geralt is a mutant, right?

See how that works? It's shitty isn't it?

I see how it works, but you obviously don't. Geralt uses sorcery because that's a nurtured trait within his universe, it requires training, sacrifice and procedure and it also helps to have a natural gift. Magneto supposedly uses magnetism to take control over the iron in your body, which simply has no basis except that the writers decided to phone it in that day. Geralt's sorcery is plausible because there are rules and anybody utilizing sorcery has to abide by those rules, Magneto's ability to control the iron in your blood is absurd and was only implied because the writers didn't know any better. That's how it works.

Magneto can magnetize the iron using his control over electromagnetism. It's op. It's bullshit. It's Magneto.
His helmet isn't the only thing protecting him. He has insane force of will. A common copout in comic book land to counter telepaths. But he's got it. Heat doesn't counter an entire force of nature. Lightning wouldn't be a thing otherwise. (Electromagnetic Force)

Oh for fuck's sake; you don't know what electromagnetism is! Influence over electromagnetism doesn't give someone power over reality. Does Magneto also use Electromagnetism to negate Brownian Motion? Silly question; the answer is that Magneto uses electromagnetism to pitch his own sitcom to ABC where he's a love-able little scamp trying to fit in with a new school of mostly minority students when he enters a contest to see who can magnetize the iron in blood and by praying and believing in himself he WINS!

You keep on jumping back and forth from "He uses magnetism" to "He uses electromagnetism". If Magneto used the reverse Faraday effect to magnetize the iron in Geralt's blood, it still wouldn't be enough to effect through magnetization. At least X-2 bothered to try to cover up the nonsense by having Mystique inject that guard with highly magnetic iron, but even then the amount of iron that Magneto pulled from the guard's body would have been enough to kill him if it was left in his system anyway.

Stuff doesn't need to be pre-magnetized for him to mess with it. Though it does make it easier, we've been over this. Your lack of acceptance of it, doesn't make it any less a part of his canon. Does his canon conflict? Sure. Writers do what they like. And I'm sure Geralt could beat some of the weaker Magnetos over the years. But he wouldn't beat the Magento most comic book fans know today and you have to pretend those versions of Magento don't exist to imagine a scenario where Geralt wins.

What exactly happened to Magneto to change him from a before Magneto into an after Magneto?

Magneto is bullshit. We all know that. Blame the writers.

Oh believe me I do blame the writers. You, JGlass and Nightmare are all awesome in my book. Maybe I'm an arrogant prick in yours, whatever. The biggest takeaway I'm getting from this debate is that I for one feel a little bit smarter for being a part of it.

He's physically, mentally, and kinetically imposing. He's fought magical warriors and telepaths before, and unless you count gods and celestials, he doesn't have a record of being beaten in one on one combat. I'm not saying he's unstoppable. But you have to find someone he can't kill in 2 seconds. Half of Geralt's equipment would be through his torso by the time he got off a spell. Including all of his swords, silver or not. If you think Geralt can cast faster than the stuff already touching him can pierce his skin, then by all means keep talking. I'm done arguing the obvious.

I will keep talking, and I do think that Geralt can cast faster than... the stuff already touching him. All Geralt needs to do to utilize sorcery is use sign language, that's it. He can be doing literally anything else that doesn't involve the hand he's using while he's casting a spell.

Geralt doesn't have a record of being beaten at all. He's beaten sorcerers who can manipulate matter and he's adapted to some of the most off-beat shifts in reality. Magneto can't kill Geralt in two seconds. Neither man will be able to kill the other in two seconds, Geralt will be able to kill Magneto eventually given his patience and persistence.

He can't teleport, he has no healing factor, no super strength or durability, he's not a genius level intellect, he can't move at extreme speeds... a lot of his physical attributes are left wanting.

I will point to BZT2 where I championed Spider-Man against Magneto, and Spidey won. I love Magneto as a character, but I'm not here to say he's the greatest ever. He's beatable, just not for Geralt.

You say this again like it matters. An earlier post you made regarding this stated his blast would be hot enough to melt enemy armor, roughly 2,800 °F right? Pretty hot.

So I guess if Storm couldnt get the job done with sustained focused lightning strikes (which would create much hotter temps than Geralt) or her ability to, you know, manipulate electromagnetic energy.... then I'm thinking your guy is not getting it done. Human Torch even wrapped him in a cage using his power & it did not last long nor fuck his shield up.

Plus Magneto has fought Iron Man & his repulsors/uni beam were not able to do what you claim would happen here & his uni beam fired with a moderate blast is way hotter than Geralts attack. This shows an example of how hot his blasts can be.

4626964-uni-beam+heat.jpg

So since you want to apply science to a fictional fight, you would still be wrong. Your examples of heat disrupting magnets works with the magnet itself by heating the metal/material to it's Curie Temperature, thus causing the atoms to be in an excited state . It loses its magnetic properties when it disrupts the flow of electrons of metal at an atomic level.

This does not effect Magneto's shield or his control over the electromagnetic field of the earth. So unless Geralt plans on somehow taking out the EMF of an entire planet, then your argument is done.

25299335.jpg

You say this again like it matters. An earlier post you made regarding this stated his blast would be hot enough to melt enemy armor, roughly 2,800 °F right? Pretty hot.

So I guess if Storm couldn't get the job done with sustained focused lightning strikes (which would create much hotter temps than Geralt) or her ability to, you know, manipulate electromagnetic energy.... then I'm thinking your guy is not getting it done. Human Torch even wrapped him in a cage using his power & it did not last long nor fuck his shield up.

Plus Magneto has fought Iron Man & his repulsors/uni beam were not able to do what you claim would happen here & his uni beam fired with a moderate blast is way hotter than Geralts attack. This shows an example of how hot his blasts can be.

4626964-uni-beam+heat.jpg

For the record, Marvel made up this (bullshit) explanation for what happens if Magneto is struck by lightning:

4731365-9006730142-11590.jpg

Geralt isn't using lightning, he's using a jet of flame hot enough to weaken Magneto's ability to utilize magnetism. If Magneto is relying on his ability to manipulate the iron content of Geralt's blood, then this ability will be compromised.

You were saying earlier that Magneto tanked a planet destroying shot earlier that turned out to be false, so please elaborate a little more on what occurred when Magneto took on The Human Torch.

So since you want to apply science to a fictional fight, you would still be wrong. Your examples of heat disrupting magnets works with the magnet itself by heating the metal/material to it's Curie Temperature, thus causing the atoms to be in an excited state . It loses its magnetic properties when it disrupts the flow of electrons of metal at an atomic level.

Thank you for referencing my source.

Magnets don't need to be heated to the Curie Temperature to have their magnetic properties weakened.

This does not effect Magneto's shield or his control over the electromagnetic field of the earth. So unless Geralt plans on somehow taking out the EMF of an entire planet, then your argument is done.

25299335.jpg

Please clear something up for me.

Planet Earth generates an electromagnetic field based on having a core of molten iron. Magneto generates an electromagnetic field based on what exactly?

Geralt isn't using lightning, he's using a jet of flame hot enough to weaken Magneto's ability to utilize magnetism.

His ability to use it comes from his mutant DNA. Fire is not changing that.

If Magneto is relying on his ability to manipulate the iron content of Geralt's blood, then this ability will be compromised.

You are the only one stuck on this idea. We have stated many other ways he will be defeated, yet you still keep coming back to this instead of just admitting his flamethrower throws like a girl compared to what Magneto has previously stopped.

You were saying earlier that Magneto tanked a planet destroying shot earlier that turned out to be false, so please elaborate a little more on what occurred when Magneto took on The Human Torch.

Incorrect. I said his shield held after a shot from someone with that power. Never said his blast was 100%. Regardless of level, even at half he is stronger than Geralt & stronger than Torch. All he could do is encase him in a fire cage long enough for Magneto to become tired of his games.

From Avengers West Coast #57
With that, the Human Torch surrounds Magneto and his children in a cage of fire, ‘So I’ll just wrap up the three of you!’ the Torch exclaims, before turning to the captive heroes and remarking that he will see what he can do about releasing them. ‘Enough!’ declares Magneto, ‘This game no longer affords even the slightest amusement!’ Destroying the Torch’s cage and making the ground beneath himself and his children rise, Magneto declares that the time has come for them to take their leave, and destroying the entire cottage as they leave, the three powerful mutants take off into space.

Thank you for referencing my source.

I didnt read your sources, because they would not say anything I dont already know. My science is strong. Yours is google powered.

Magnets don't need to be heated to the Curie Temperature to have their magnetic properties weakened.

I understand, the CT is at which A MAGNET loses its property all together. The point being no matter how hot he gets the blast, Geralt cannot effect the shield or his ability to use it. Unless you still are looking for that way he can destoy the EMF for the whole planet. He can, at best, try to shoot the metal being used against him in a futile attempt to de-magnetize them before Magneto connects.

Please clear something up for me.

Planet Earth generates an electromagnetic field based on having a core of molten iron. Magneto generates an electromagnetic field based on what exactly?

That is the thing you may not understand. He is not generating it. He can control and alter the EMF present. Not just objects, but the actual field itself & that ability is not going to be hindered by how hot he gets. Geralt is not able to disrupt the planet's EMF or alter DNA to remove Magneto's ability to control it.

I didnt read your sources, because they would not say anything I dont already know. My science is strong. Yours is google powered.

Yup yup yup, I haven't had any influence on you. You're not a child playing science with an adult. I have been schooled by Nightmare! Oh the embarrassment!

This is all very strange, because this was your stance not too long ago:

No prep means Geralt cannot go change clothes. Sure he may have silver weapons, but there is still plenty of steel he has to be used against him. He would have to break Magnetos defensive shield & I dont see that happening, so his silver sword really isn't a big help.

Looks to me like you were of the opinion that Magneto could only affect magnetic material, and that his options would be limited to as much.

But hey man, you OWNED me on that whole Curie Temperature thing. I just wish I had proof of the fact that you were an oblivious moron not too long ago. Oh wait:

You mean to tell me that Greybeard is going to melt the magnetism away from each piece of metal coming at him or in his sight?

Uh, are your dope science abilities as fleeting as Magneto's magic matter manipulation abilities? But Hell, you totally out-debated my sorry ass when you called me out for assuming that you had asserted that a planet destroying attack couldn't affect Magneto. Uh oh, THE MEMORIES ARE COMING BACK!:

We know Magneto can take a shot from someone who can destroy planets for fun. What is comparable to that in his arsenal?

So Geralt would have to produce enough power to destroy a planet in your opinion to defeat Magneto? If that works here, I say keep it up for the entire tournament. To my knowledge; no other competitor can produce enough power to destroy a planet.

Yup yup yup, I haven't had any influence on you. You're not a child playing science with an adult. I have been schooled by Nightmare! Oh the embarrassment!

This is all very strange, because this was your stance not too long ago:

Looks to me like you were of the opinion that Magneto could only affect magnetic material, and that his options would be limited to as much.

But hey man, you OWNED me on that whole Curie Temperature thing. I just wish I had proof of the fact that you were an oblivious moron not too long ago. Oh wait:

Uh, are your dope science abilities as fleeting as Magneto's magic matter manipulation abilities? But Hell, you totally out-debated my sorry ass when you called me out for assuming that you had asserted that a planet destroying attack couldn't affect Magneto. Uh oh, THE MEMORIES ARE COMING BACK!:

So Geralt would have to produce enough power to destroy a planet in your opinion to defeat Magneto? If that works here, I say keep it up for the entire tournament. To my knowledge; no other competitor can produce enough power to destroy a planet.

I was trying to just focus on his main abilities & what people are familiar with instead of just spouting off feats. Technically he can just open a wormhole & blast him through, but that is overkill. Same thing applies to DBZ, over time some characters just get too powerful to have a fun debate. Does not mean I am unaware of their strengths. I didnt need to start bringing up these other things until you came with the "he will just burn his abilities away" bullshit.

So... how is Geralt going to stop Magneto again? Still waiting. Oh yeah, he is gonna run naked at him with a silver sword & cast sign language fireballs until Magneto gives up and takes one to the face.

If that is how Geralt wins then nobody left can withstand such an onslaught.

My work here is done. He will not be using fire to take away his power over a damn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back