Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round Three...

RxmEiCM.png

Stage: Diagon Alley

The iconic superhero of one world of mutants takes on the iconic villain of another! All Might made it past fellow caped crusader Miss Marvel last round, while Magneto crushed the galaxy's savior, Shepard. It's a classic clash of hero against villain, and it's all happening in one of the most magical places on Earth: Diagon Alley! This land of magical shops may prove to be a wild battleground for these two to clash, but only one competitor can advance to the quarterfinals.

FIGHT!

Is there a lot of metal on/in Diagon Alley? If not, this one goes to All Might.

All Might has great physical strength. More than enough to ko Magneto. If Magneto is to beat All Might, he needs either a lot of metal readily available or he's going to have to be very, very creative. But could he come with something before All Might catches him and pummelss him? It's all riding on the battlefield. I'm leaning towards All Might, but I can be swayed.

Is there a lot of metal on/in Diagon Alley? If not, this one goes to All Might.

All Might has great physical strength. More than enough to ko Magneto. If Magneto is to beat All Might, he needs either a lot of metal readily available or he's going to have to be very, very creative. But could he come with something before All Might catches him and pummelss him? It's all riding on the battlefield. I'm leaning towards All Might, but I can be swayed.

I would assume there is at least some. Cauldrons, for instance, can be purchased in Diagon alley, as well as cages for owls. Let's also not forget that there's Gringotts Wizarding Bank which is full of gold and has an impressive mine cart system that is made of metal.

I'm still not convinced that this will be enough to stop All Might, though. Magneto needs to push this fight past the hour mark in order to make All Might vulnerable, and I get the feeling that All Might could knock Magneto back to X-Men #1 before Magneto could pull enough metal together to throw All Might off of his game. Isn't All Might super fast and powerful? Magneto isn't made of glass as some people have assumed in previous threads, but he certainly can't stand toe to toe with All Might for longer than a minute or so.

One thing I love about this tournament is that the draw is so important. Match ups are everything, and every year it looks like Magneto could be one of the more OP characters we have in the tournament. But everyone in these tournaments has someone who can beat them, and I think All Might could be the guy to beat Magneto.

I'm not convinced, not by a long shot, but someone would have to make a really compelling argument for why Magneto could beat All Might, and if it's not me then I don't know who will.

I'm absolutely pulling for All Might here.

I think it'll definitely be a MAJOR test. I put Magneto above one of All Might's toughest opponents, Nomu, though below the villain who defeated him. I have no doubt that Magneto will throw every single metal item he has at him, but All Might has strength, speed, and power. He will be damaged, but I definitely think if he lands a major blow on Magneto he has it in the bag.

I'm actually pretty confident that Magneto can push All Might to the limit, both physically and the time limit to which his powers expire. I'm not yet sure if he will push him past the hour and force him to use his final desperation attack, Plus Ultra, but I want to wait for this argument to advance a little before talking about that.

So yeah, I think that All Might can land a major blow on Magneto and take him out like a true hero can. It won't be easy, not by a long shot, but if anyone can defeat Magneto, it's another top-level mutant in All Might.

Someone give me a list of power All Might has. I am thinking Magneto here because his shield is pretty strong & that gives him an advantage over physical attacks. Plus he has flight, so that is a tactical advantage. Magneto could also collapse buildings on him after binding him in a metal for the KO.

Show me how he combats these & my vote could be swayed.

I've tried reading up a little on All Might. It's hard for me to find things without knowing the manga, And he seems like your standard physically powered hero. I'm sure he's got some insane feats too that would put him above your typical super strength hero, given that he's the top dog in his world.

While metal is Magneto's bread and butter and the landscape won't immediately scream "lots of metal" there should be plenty for him use in Diagon Alley. His powers go beyond metal, and I would argue that he would still have a chance even if there was no metal in the area. His manipulation of magnetic fields has allowed him to do some insane feats. He can warp visible light to give himself invisibility. His forcefield is what gives him this match. Magneto has tanked multiple nuclear blasts, and allows him to survive in deep space. His forcefield has tanked hits from The Phoenix all the way to Galactus.

He's no slouch physically either. His powers can be channeled through his body to give him strength, speed, and reaction time 15 times stronger than the average man. Nothing compared to All Might, but enough to keep him from relying on flight alone. He's even altered gravity around him

How does All Might counter this?

I'm glad you asked!

All Might is more than a powerful hero. He's the top hero in his world, gifted with the ability to gain a form that gives him super strength, super speed, incredible endurance - the basic superhuman traits. He's the number one hero in a world where mutants are the rule, not the exception. But it isn't just his incredible feats of strength, his ability to tank hits that would leave lesser heroes crumbling into dust, or his ability to move faster than the eye can see that makes him that. It's his unbreakable will and optimism and the power to go beyond that always carries him to victory.

I'll talk about that in a bit, because I think it is essential to this fight. but first, let's discuss a tiny bit about how All Might works.

All Might's power is one transferred from carrier to carrier, unlike most other superpowers which are received at birth. To control All Might's power, the mighty One For All, it takes years of dedicated training. When given to someone it doesn't manifest in the same way each time, but it is still characterized by incredible stregnth, speed, and stamina. The next in line to get One For All managed to unlock a fraction of the potential it gave and he still managed to completely destroy a robot that was specifically created to stop superheroes during their entrance exams from doing anything too risky. It was supposed to be impossible to defeat.

So yeah, even untrained, All Might's power in someone's hands can destroy a giant robot, even if it is at the expense of one's body.

All Might's power lasts for about an hour. It used to last for much longer, but due to a loss against a supervillain that left him grievously injured, he can only do it for so long. An hour is all he needs. Here's All Might, with one punch, obliterating a supervillain that was slowly ingesting a young hero. This punch caused a minor tornado to spring up. That's the power of his Detroit Smash.

O7yXySb.png

I should note that he did manage to save both the life of the child being ingested and the one who ran to protect his friend and nearly got flattened.

In fact, after he saved his life, the character in question became a student at the school All Might teaches at. And what do you know, the student got in a spot of bother when villains attacked again, and All Might managed to jump halfway across a building quicker than the eye could see to rescue two heroes in the clutches of a superhuman beast.

xS5Ys2k.jpg

And it's that beast I want to talk about, because that beast is Nomu.

Nomu was an abomination created specifically to destroy and kill All Might. It was a massive being with blows just as powerful as the Detroit Smash and speed just as quick as All Might's, but it also had an accelerated healing factor and shock absorption, which meant that it could tank even more damage than All Might could possibly deliver. It was designed to take the absolute strongest hits again and again and again and still be left unharmed. So what did All Might do when faced with a being able to match him at 100%?

Simple. He went beyond.

All Might put 110% into every blow and managed to fight past his one hour time limit to destroy Nomu and send him flying halfway to space. All Might can tank blows with the best of them and deliver incredible counterattacks, and if he's faced with a barrier he'll just rain on it until he can make it through. All Might is the top hero for a reason, and in the end the hero is here to defeat the villain.

So don't worry, kids.

He's here.

bvqdFat.png

That's all very important to know. Can All Might turn his powers on and off like a switch? Or is like DBZ fusion rules, where once you do it, there's a time limit and then you can't do it again for awhile?

What I'm basically asking is, could Magneto use his ability to fly, in combination with his force field to hold out long enough for the 1 hour time limit? Given all you just told use, Magneto could hold off his blows. But not for very long. Something tells me metal won't stop your boy either. So Magneto's ability to fly becomes critical here.

That's all very important to know. Can All Might turn his powers on and off like a switch? Or is like DBZ fusion rules, where once you do it, there's a time limit and then you can't do it again for awhile?

What I'm basically asking is, could Magneto use his ability to fly, in combination with his force field to hold out long enough for the 1 hour time limit? Given all you just told use, Magneto could hold off his blows. But not for very long. Something tells me metal won't stop your boy either. So Magneto's ability to fly becomes critical here.

He can turn it on-and-off at will. The hour limit is an approximation, as he does recharge, but it's still a toll on his body.

I agree that Magneto's flight will be a major factor in this match. However, consider that the robot in the first clip is massive and the student with All Might's power still managed to jump up to it by focusing his power in his legs, so All Might would be able to jump up to at least grab Magneto and bring him down. This is also in Diagon Alley, which means there is plenty of space to climb if he needs extra height, as well as stores that sell magical broomsticks that can fly.

But what shows he can break a shield capable of withstanding a nuke & the Phoenix Force?

Sounds to me this guy would be an upper mid card guy in the Marvel Universe. Sure he is the best in his world, but nothing is telling me he is on par with the biggest of the bad Magneto has faced.

But what shows he can break a shield capable of withstanding a nuke & the Phoenix Force?

Sounds to me this guy would be an upper mid card guy in the Marvel Universe. Sure he is the best in his world, but nothing is telling me he is on par with the biggest of the bad Magneto has faced.

Did the shield take multiple nukes? I'm genuinely asking. I'd put All Might's power on a similar level when he uses Plus Ultra. I mean, one good punch at his max power is enough to cause a storm and send a villain with comparable power into space. The force is so big people miles away could see the trail left behind.

Maybe one punch couldn't take the forcefield, but can it take three hundred at more than maximum power?

He tanked two nukes that were specifically designed to killed him. They had protective coating, and systems built in to make them go off the moment Magneto tried to nudge them. Magneto was busy at the time. Creating a gigiantic magnetic storm (that's what the protective coating was for). So, he was multitasking, screwed up, and they both went off.

More impressively is this.

qzhjgfu.gif

Now. Keep in mind, Magneto didn't win this encounter. You put anyone up against a God like Galactus, and you end up with paste, vapor dust, and the smell of death and fear in the air. Magneto survived the first blow thanks to his forcefield. That's a better track record than most planets, given Galactus eats them, and is the celestial embodiment of the cosmos. Tanking a hit like that is way more impressive than a couple of nukes.

That sums it up. Plus, this guy isnt getting a chance to spam nuke level punches while Magneto chills in his bubble.

I have a question for anyone who can answer it. How easily can All Might turn his powers on and off? I get that he has roughly one hour of time each use, but if he can't just turn off his powers what is stopping Magneto from baiting him into juicing up, then just flying around for an hour? If that scenario is plausible, then I'm going Magneto, but if All Might is able to turn on and off at will, then I'm going All Might.

I have a question for anyone who can answer it. How easily can All Might turn his powers on and off? I get that he has roughly one hour of time each use, but if he can't just turn off his powers what is stopping Magneto from baiting him into juicing up, then just flying around for an hour? If that scenario is plausible, then I'm going Magneto, but if All Might is able to turn on and off at will, then I'm going All Might.
I mentioned it earlier, but he can turn it on and off at will. The cumulative hour-long limit is an estimation. In the first episode he's seen in silhouette switching between forms. It's probably best explained as a way to focus super energy into a body part, or in his case his whole body.

I have some questions about Magneto's shield. When he activates it, does it take mental energy to keep it up? Or physical? I still am not convinced that 300 massive blows in a short amount of time won't even make a dent but I need more info on how it works.

I mentioned it earlier, but he can turn it on and off at will. The cumulative hour-long limit is an estimation. In the first episode he's seen in silhouette switching between forms. It's probably best explained as a way to focus super energy into a body part, or in his case his whole body.

I have some questions about Magneto's shield. When he activates it, does it take mental energy to keep it up? Or physical? I still am not convinced that 300 massive blows in a short amount of time won't even make a dent but I need more info on how it works.

I'm far from the end all be all expert on Magneto, but his shield has stood up to some of Marvel's most powerful blasts, including a shot from an extremely weak Galactus. A weak Galactus is still pretty powerful though.

That said, there was an instance where Cyclops used his beam and almost broke the shield.

I may be off in my comparison, but I kind of liken All Might a bit to Hulk, and there is no way the shield could take a constant beating from Hulk. A couple of hits, yes, but not a constant thrashing.

I'm far from the end all be all expert on Magneto, but his shield has stood up to some of Marvel's most powerful blasts, including a shot from an extremely weak Galactus. A weak Galactus is still pretty powerful though.

That said, there was an instance where Cyclops used his beam and almost broke the shield.

I may be off in my comparison, but I kind of liken All Might a bit to Hulk, and there is no way the shield could take a constant beating from Hulk. A couple of hits, yes, but not a constant thrashing.

That's actually the problem we're having. I'm fighting Magneto's case here. But I honestly think this one could go either way.

If All Might can lay into Magneto, Magneto is done for. If Magneto can use his flight to evade, use metal and his shield, and hold off All Might for an hour or somehow trick All Might into lowering his power then Magneto's got it in the bag. I think either can happen, and I still don't know who to vote for.

I don't think his shield can hold. Yeah it will take some mighty shots before it goes, but knowing what I know about Magneto's powers, I don't think he can hold the shield against repeated, hard blows.

I also don't see All Might being tricked into lowering his power. Like Doc said, he can turn it off at will, so Magneto can't just fly around hoping to avoid him for an hour.

Magneto's best shot, imo, is to use the metal in one of the buildings and drop it on All Might, but I'm not sure he can do that while holding out against a barrage of punches from his foe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back