Puroresu vs. Lucha Libre

Macca

The Sunflower Samurai
Just thought about this and since I'm stuck here with these fuckers, I'd thought I'd put this one out there.

What do/would you prefer to watch if given the chance? Puroresu (companies like NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, Dragon Gate, HUSTLE, DDT, Zero-ONE) or Lucha Libre (AAA is the only one that I can think of that off my head, may need a hand with this one)?

Being completely honest, as a bit of a puro fan, Im a bit biased. Right now the Japanese is going pretty steady with the home-grown talent like Nakamura, Tanahashi, Doi, Shiozaki along with the constant influx of gaijins like Devitt, Angle, MCMG and RVD. Not to mention that match quality this past year has been the cream of the crop. (if I have to recommend any, have to go with the series of MCMG and Apollo 55 for the IWGP Jr. Straps and
the stunner between Tanahashi and Nakamura in the semifinals of G1 Climax) Put that with an improvement in gate numbers over 07/08 (most likely gained by Misawa's passing) and it's hard to say that puroresu didn't top the Americans.

Now lucha libre is another matter. I may be wrong but the fact is Mexican wrestling hasn't made much, if any international news this year. And I think the problem lies in the lack of stars. The only two I can think of off the top of my head is Mistico and Ultima Guerrero. Sure, they may have had some good matches, as lucha companies do, but if
the Japanese can get results that are recognized, why not Mexico. Plus the fact that Mistico seems to be in the process of being brought into WWE, and you can
see they are in trouble (anybody who has seen Mistico's stuff in Mexico and NJPW will see that, if used right, this guy can and will be the next Mysterio.) and it does get one worried. Ask yourself this: when was the last time WWE or TNA brought in a Mexican worker, apart from Salinas, who is really Canadian, so it doesn't count.

Hey, maybe, Im wrong. So if I am, correct me.

Another Lucha Libre promotion would be CMLL I believe. I've never really watched any of the Lucha Libre stuff though. Guess I'd prefer Puroresu, preferably New Japan, All Japan, or NOAH.

Another Lucha Libre promotion would be CMLL I believe. I've never really watched any of the Lucha Libre stuff though. Guess I'd prefer Puroresu, preferably New Japan, All Japan, or NOAH.

Thought that was who I forgot, much love man.

But yeah, you basically agree with this assumption: Lucha is good, I just don't watch it when I can see Nakamura lay people out with Boma Ye's. Basically, right.

No I was NOAH for KENTA and the Busaiku Knee Kick and the GTS since he innovated that move.

Indeed, that Busaiku Knee Kick is a killer. KENTA is so underrated just because he's a jr. Heavyweight. The sooner he gets pushed up to heavyweight main event, the better.

I don't watch either particualy but I watch Dragongate some times and it is awesome. There first pay per view was amazing. Lucha Libre is pretty good but Puroresu is better.

I don't watch either particualy but I watch Dragongate some times and it is awesome. There first pay per view was amazing. Lucha Libre is pretty good but Puroresu is better.

I don't think mexian wrestling is for me. Why don't we send that little obnoxious masked hero over there. Save me the brain cells from watching another 619.

Fuck you. Rey is awesome. I wish I could send you over there. I wouldn't have to see you post again.

I cannot stand Rey Mysterio. Though an opportunity to wrestle in a decently big league would be cool.

What is wrong with him?

He gets a title reign because a friend of his died in the company, who he hated, but pretend to care afterward.

They occasionally use that friend for Mysterio to "Look up too."

Millions of little kids love him around the world, which I can't complain too much about.

He violates the wellness policy, then trys to defend himself againts it.

His gimmick is extreamly annoying, wish he'd just take of that stupid mask.

He's eyes scared little kids, I have no idea why they like him.

And, he's never had an intreasting rivalry that he was able to support himself, the other party is always working harder to make it look more intense, when Mysterio can't do anything.

He's terrible on the mic.

He's entrance, and theme is dreadfull.

Now if you we're looking for a more story lined kinda hate,

He has screwed Batista on severel occasions, and acted like Batista started it.

He won't ever take off that damn mask.

He gets a title reign because a friend of his died in the company, who he hated, but pretend to care afterward.

You hate him because of that? You must hate Eddie for getting a reign because Brock Lesnar was leaving

They occasionally use that friend for Mysterio to "Look up too."

Its fucking Vince and the creative team who do that. Not Rey!

Millions of little kids love him around the world, which I can't complain too much about.

You can't complain as you love millions of kids around the world.

He violates the wellness policy, then trys to defend himself againts it.

Please learn to spell. Plenty of others have violated the wellness policy, do you hate them?

His gimmick is extreamly annoying, wish he'd just take of that stupid mask.

Why the fuck is his gimmick annoying?

He's eyes scared little kids, I have no idea why they like him.

Your eyes scare little kids when you're throwing them into your van.

And, he's never had an intreasting rivalry that he was able to support himself, the other party is always working harder to make it look more intense, when Mysterio can't do anything.

Thats a bunch of shit. He has fantastic rivalries, one of his better ones recently was with Jericho where he played as big as a role as Jericho.

He's terrible on the mic.

He can barely speak english. You go to a foreign country and try sounded good.

He's entrance, and theme is dreadfull.

I'll give you this as I thought his old theme was so much better.

He won't ever take off that damn mask.

Have you got mask related issues?

And yet I'd much rather still see you executed by firing squad after all that. Strange, huh?

TLC, dragongate is the future. CIMA and Speed Muscle are my big loves there.

Oh, btw, I went to the first American Dragon Gate show in Philadelphia. It was awesome, save for the Kenny Dykstra/2 Cold Scorpio match, which sucked complete balls.

And yet I'd much rather still see you executed by firing squad after all that. Strange, huh?

TLC, dragongate is the future. CIMA and Speed Muscle are my big loves there.

CIMA is pretty cool. I am a big fan of BxB Hulk. He is awesome

Interdictdigle said:
Oh, btw, I went to the first American Dragon Gate show in Philadelphia. It was awesome, save for the Kenny Dykstra/2 Cold Scorpio match, which sucked complete balls.

You lucky fuck. That would of been awesome. What do you think was match of the night?

For real bro? You fucking lucky cunt. Got some pictures from that event put up on my wall. Was the match with Dragon Kid and Masato Yashino better than the match with Naruki Doi and Shingo? Hell man, Id have just been happy seeing CIMA even if it was in a tag match.

Btw tdigle, you would love my room. Puro pictures everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back