• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lucha Libre

How long will Juvi's run in AAA last this time?

• 6 months

• 1 year

• 2 years

• 3 years

• 4 years

• 5 years

• 6 years

Results are only viewable after voting.
I didn't see a thread for "I'm new here" so I thought I would introduce myself on this thread. I am an avid Independent promotions fans and watch as much on a worldwide level as I can fit into my schedule. I am big fan of Ricky Banderas and because of him, began watching AAA out of Mexico. The main "lucha libre" wrestling promotion in the US appears to be Chikara which I enjoy but learning the Mexican style was a whole different thing. I recently started watching a little CMLL and have watched matches from Panama (RXW and LXN) and from Chile (mostly RLL). Every country has their own form of lucha libre which varies a little from everyone else. Colombia also has a form of lucha libre but I have not studied it as much.

Ozz is someone who caught my eye some time ago but it has only been recently I have watched him in one on one or tag team matches that allowed me to really watch him work. I like his style.

I didn't see a thread for "I'm new here" so I thought I would introduce myself on this thread. I am an avid Independent promotions fans and watch as much on a worldwide level as I can fit into my schedule. I am big fan of Ricky Banderas and because of him, began watching AAA out of Mexico. The main "lucha libre" wrestling promotion in the US appears to be Chikara which I enjoy but learning the Mexican style was a whole different thing. I recently started watching a little CMLL and have watched matches from Panama (RXW and LXN) and from Chile (mostly RLL). Every country has their own form of lucha libre which varies a little from everyone else. Colombia also has a form of lucha libre but I have not studied it as much.

I have been trying to get news from other lucha promotions on here but the sites I go on mainly seem to focus on Mexico. I haven't really watched much of Chikara as I have been mainly focusing on Mexico myself but I will have to start being more open to it. Its funny that you mention Mesias because he was the main reason I started watching Lucha again lol.

I used to watch it faithfully back in 02-03 but then switched from satelite to digital cable that didn't have galavision so there went my lucha. I started up again in around January 08 when I saw Mesais in TNA as James Mitchell's son. I though he had a good look about hm and wanted to see who else was in AAA at the time.

Ozz is someone who caught my eye some time ago but it has only been recently I have watched him in one on one or tag team matches that allowed me to really watch him work. I like his style.

I have been trying to find out more about Cuervo. He works very well with the Dark family.

I know alot of people feel that these two are overrated but I like them alot. I was surprised during Ozz's recent singles match with Chessman, he really seemed to dominate the match. I though for sure they were going to just have Chessman go out there and beat Ozz and that was it but that didn't happen. Cuervo doesn't get any singles time in the ring at all as he is always teaming with the other three members of La Secta.

I think they need to allow these guys more chances to be in singles matches so people can see what they can do. I was glad to see that Escoria and Ozz are in the Rey de Reyes tournament and even though I know they won't be allowed to advance it would be awesome if they did. Although I think they are an excellent team they should be put in some singles matches as well to gain some experience there.

50. Latin Lover - Long-time AAA star, retired from wrestling last year to pursue an acting career. A celebrity in Mexico due to being a part of a Spanish version of “Dancing With The Stars” and having appeared on various soaps. Retirement lasted about 6 months as he made a return in February and started appearing on indie shows. In October, he made his return to AAA to protect the promotion from Konnan and the Foreign Legion. Feud continued as Konnan gained control and one of his first stipulations as boss was to eliminate dancing from shows. Vampiro, as commissioner, brought Latin Lover back.

49. Mr. Niebla - Started the year in AAA feuding with Abismo Negro over taking control of Los Vipers. They even used the fact that Abismo Negro would disappear for long stretches as part of the angle as to why Mr. Niebla took his position in the faction. Feud looked like it was building up to a mask match. Suddenly in June, Mr. Niebla made his return to CMLL by attacking Dr. Wagner Jr. The following week, Heavy Metal and Negro Casas turned rudos and joined up with Mr. Niebla to form La Peste Negra. Feud with Dr. Wagner Jr. was short-lived due to Doc’s departure from CMLL. Revived old feud with Shocker late in the year. Master of La Neblina!

48. Silver King - Began 2008 as an independent working various indy shows, most notably with IWRG. Teamed frequently with his brother, Dr. Wagner Jr. Feuded with El Hijo de Cien Caras and Mascara Año Dos Mil Jr. Split his time between Mexico and Japan. In Japan, wrestled for All Japan Pro Wrestling and won the AJPW Jr. Title on March 1, 2008 from Katsuhiko Nakajima. Lost the title in April to Ryuji Hijikata. Made his AAA debut at Triplemania XVI on 6/13/08. A tecnico all year long and sided with AAA in the war against the Foreign Legion. Wears a mask despite having lost it over 20 years ago to El Hijo del Santo.

47. Misterioso II - Won the Occidente Light Heavyweight Championship in a Torneo Cibernetico at Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara on February 10, 2008. One week later, he dropped the title to El Gallo in the same building. On August 31st, he regained the championship. Challenged La Sombra for the NWA Welterweight Title. Great rudo who is a CMLL upper-mid-carder.

46. Amapola - Veteran ruda and one of the better female wrestlers in Mexico. Held the CMLL Women’s Title throughout the year. Beat every challenger put in front of her during the year. Had a feud with Lady Apache, which led to a hair match with the added twist of it starting as a “relevos increibles” tag match including Marcela and Princesa Sujei. Amapola and Lady Apache lost the tag match and fought in a singles match in which Lady Apache took her hair and later challenged Amapola to a title match for the following week. Amapola successfully defended the title. Also feuded with Marcela and Dark Angel during the year.

45. Cinthia Moreno - Part of the Moreno Family. Teamed frequently with her brother, El Oriental in Mixed tag team matches. They have had an ongoing feud with The Apache family for years and in 2008 it came back with a vengeance. Challenged Mari and Gran Apache for the titles early in the year. Cinthia teamed with other rudas like Ayako Hamada and La Diabolica to battle Fabi and Mari Apache in women’s tag team or trios matches. At Verano de Escandalo on 9/14/08, Cinthia and El Oriental beat the Apaches for the AAA Mixed Tag Team Titles. One of the best wrestlers male or female or mini or transvestite or inanimate (lets not forget its AAA, folks!) in AAA!

44. Super Fly - Member of AAA’s Real Fuerza Aerea. An outstanding high flyer. In 2008, AAA decided to give him an opportunity to move up the card. Became involved in the Foreign Legion vs. AAA storyline as Konnan tried to break up the Real Fuerza Aerea by suggesting Super Fly should consider a change in his career. The other members of the faction did not care for Konnan’s opinion, but Super Fly seemed to contemplate the possibility of a change. Octagon, in a mentor-type role to the team, told them not to listen to Konnan. However, Super Fly decided his alliance was to AAA and soon he would suffer the consequences. This was only the beginning of his HUGE push…Soon, on practically every show he was beaten to a bloody pulp by Electroshock and if Electro got tired, he’d maybe let some of the other Foreign Legion members get a few shots in. This went on for about 3-4 months. When Konnan took ‘control’ of AAA, he placed the Electroshock vs. Super Fly feud in with the Pirata Morgan vs. El Elegido and El Brazo vs. Super Porky feuds into one cage with the last man in the cage losing his hair or mask. Super Fly successfully escaped and continued to help defend AAA from the Foreign Legion. Still seems better suited in trios or atomicos matches since he’s still relatively young.

43. Teddy Hart - It is currently February 23, 2009, 8:15 pm PST and TEDDY HART IS STILL IN AAA. C’mon how many of you had him lasting a full year? (and still going!) I’m glad I’m not a betting man because I would have lost a nice chunk of change and in today’s financial crisis, I need to save my money. Member of Konnan’s Foreign Legion and one-half of the Hart Foundation 2.0 tag team with Jack Evans. He brought in a valet named Nikki with him to AAA. Very good worker. As a member of the Foreign Legion he pretty much feuded with everyone, but he and Evans spent the year in the tag team division. Challenged immediately for the tag team titles, but was unsuccessful in winning them. The tag matches usually consisted of multiple teams and ladders.

42. Alex Koslov - Spent most of 2008 in CMLL as an upper mid-carder and was among the more popular tecnicos (especially with women and kids) while there. Frequently teamed with Marco Corleone and Shocker. He was also a top challenger to both the CMLL Light Heavyweight and NWA Light Heavyweight Championships. His final CMLL match was against Atlantis for the NWA Light Heavyweight Title in Guadalajara on 10/7/08 (Koslov lost). Three days later, at the Auditorio Municipal Jose Maria Arteaga de Queretaro TV taping, officially made his AAA debut as a member of De-Generation Mex with Sean Waltman (X-Pac) and Rocky ‘Azucar’ Romero (formerly known in CMLL as the masked Grey Shadow). Koslov felt he had gone about as far as he could go in CMLL and made the jump to AAA because he felt he needed a change. D-MEX immediately began feuding with Konnan and his Foreign Legion. After several sneak attacks by D-MEX, El Zorro and several rudos destroyed D-MEX at Guerra de Titanes, including throwing Koslov through a table. Koslov’s a very talented wrestler and he should have a big 2009 in AAA and has a bright future ahead of him.

41. Villano V - Member of the famed Villanos/Mendoza dynasty. Along with his brothers Villano III and Villano IV, they feuded with Blue Panther and other CMLL tecnicos. The Villanos had an alliance with Los Perros Del Mal, so Villano V teamed frequently with members from that faction, whenever his brothers weren’t around. Age and injuries have slowed him down over the years and in 2008 it was noticeable as he struggled at times in matches. However, the feud with Blue Panther was pretty intense and built up to a mask match. Stunned the world by beating Blue Panther for his mask at CMLL’s 75th Anniversary Show on 9/19/08 in a very good match. Match had a bit of controversy as some thought that the Villanos might have pulled the old ’switcheroo’ during the match, but it was never proven and later dropped. Continued to feud with Blue Panther throughout the year.

40. Euforia - Member of Los Infernales with legendary rudo, El Satanico, and with Nosferatu. Very good rudo. Euforia and Nosferatu feuded with Stuka Jr. and Flash over the Arena Coliseo Tag Team Titles. Their tag matches in 2008 were a highlight on CMLL’s FSE show. He’s an up-and-comer who could be a top rudo in the next few years.

39. Gran Apache - Veteran rudo and the patriarch of the dysfunctional Apache Family. Continued his years-long feud with Billy Boy and Fabi Apache. He was aided in this feud by his other daughter Mari Apache. Held the AAA Mixed Tag Team Titles with Mari. After the Apache Family reunited at Triplemania, they turned their attention towards the Moreno Family. They fought Cinthia Moreno and El Oriental in tag team matches and in trios matches aided by Fabi. Appeared to have accepted Billy Boy as a son-in-law for the first time in 2008, but Fabi Apache was still upset with Billy Boy. Gran & Mari Apache lost the AAA Mixed Tag Team Titles to Cinthia Moreno and El Oriental, but the Apache family continued to challenge for the belts.

38. Marcela - One of the best workers in CMLL. She’s very smooth in the ring and works at a very good pace. She’s also a pretty big risk taker and lets not forget years ago she nearly cracked her skull falling off the top turnbuckle to the concrete floor at an ENESMA show. Held the Mexican National Women’s Title. Has had a long running rivalry with Amapola. She successfully defended the Mex. Nat’l Women’s Title twice early in the year against her rival, Amapola and against Hiroka.

37. Bam Bam - One of the talented luchadores that grace the awesome CMLL Minis Division. Very Good high flyer. Had one of the best feuds of 2008 with Pequeño Damian 666. The rivalry included singles matches with the CMLL Minis title or hair on the line. On July 27, 2008, Bam Bam won the CMLL Minis Title from his rival. They soon issued challenges to a hair match and this time around, Pequeño Damian 666 took Bam Bam’s hair. Name comes from his love of the Flintstone’s character or Bam Bam Bigelow or Terry “Bam Bam” Gordy! I’d like to think he drew some sort of inspiration from all three!

36. Volador Jr. - Another one of the many CMLL stars who are second generation wrestlers. The son of the original Volador (Super Parka/Remo Banda) and cousin of L.A. Park. Another one of CMLL’s high flyers. He was part of the CMLL contingent that represented Mexico and won the 2008 TNA World X Cup. Held the Mexican National Trios titles with La Sombra and Sagrado throughout the year. Received a considerable push in 2008 from CMLL as the promotion decided to focus more on young talent than in previous years.

35. Black Warrior - A perennial top star in CMLL for the past 12-13 years. He’s best known for his high-risk, high impact tope suicidas (known as Topes of Death). One of the top rudos in Mexico, who also didn’t appear to be in any faction for most of 2008. Seemed to be overlooked in 2008 in CMLL despite being very charismatic and a good worker. Late in the year, he joined Sangre Azteca and Dragon Rojo Jr. to form Poder Mexica and they should have a great 2009.

34. Aerostar - Member of AAA’s Real Fuerza Aerea. Young, high-flyer uses many innovative and suicidal moves. Perhaps the best known of his moves is his no hands reverse tope (La Dormilona). Won the 2008 Alas De Oro Torneo Cibernetico. This drew the ire of Jack Evans and the two feuded with Evans vowing to punish Aero Star for what he believed to be AAA screwing him out of the win at Alas De Oro. He primarily teamed with la Real Fuerza Aerea in trios matches against La Secta and the Psycho Circus. Has a bright future ahead of him if he doesn’t hurt himself due to being such a risk-taker.

33. Rey Bucanero - Best known for years as part of the great tag team of Los Guerreros Del Infierno with Ultimo Guerrero. He reunited with Ultimo Guerrero in Los Guerreros Del Atlantida once he turned full-fledged rudo. Has held the CMLL World Light Heavyweight Championship for over 2 years. Successfully defended the title against Alex Koslov, Dr. Wagner Jr., Hector Garza and Mr. Aguila in 2008. He represented CMLL and Mexico at TNA’s World X Cup.

32. Fabi Apache - One of the most popular and talented luchadoras in Mexico. The first half of the year, she feuded with her father (Gran Apache) and sister (Mari Apache). Won the 2008 Reina de Reinas on May 25th beating Mari Apache and Ayako Hamada in the finals. At Triplemania, Fabi beat Mari Apache in a hair match. At the conclusion of the match, the Apache Family reunited. However, Fabi Apache was still upset at Billy Boy and refused to forgive him. Joined her father and sister in their feud with the Moreno Family (El Oriental and Cinthia Moreno) and challenged them for the AAA Mixed tag team titles. At the end of the Apaches-Morenos match at Guerra de Titanes, Billy Boy returned and beat his wife up to everyone’s surprise, thus reviving the Apaches-Billy Boy storyline.

31. Ephesto - Solid CMLL mid-carder. Started the year as a member of La Triada Del Terror with Averno and Mephisto. When Averno and Mephisto joined Los Perros Del Mal, Ephesto never really seemed to become a full-fledged member of that group. Ephesto was one of the first members of Ultimo Guerrero and Blue Panther’s brief faction known as Los Laguneros. Los Laguneros were a group of wrestlers who came from the same area and formed to battle Los Perros Del Mal and Los Villanos. Ephesto turned on the group in October and soon Los Laguneros seemed to split and then Los Perros Del Mal split with Perro Jr. and several members quitting CMLL to create a new promotion. The departure of these guys seemed to be a blessing for Ephesto as the remnants of Los Perros Del Mal formed a new faction called “La Jauria del Terror” (or Los Hijos Del A Ver No) and Ephesto finally was part of an established group and also got a bit of a push late in the year. Had an incredibly good match with La Sombra in December, which was considered a Match Of The Year Candidate.

30. Cassandro - Exotico luchador who is an excellent worker, good in interviews and has represented lucha libre extremely well throughout the world. Split his time in 2008 wrestling for AAA, lucha shows in the U.S. and in Europe. Teamed with Pimpinela Escarlata in AAA after feuding with him in the past. He was part of a great trios match at one of the Lucha Libre London shows. Has one of the more colorful and entertaining ring entrances in all of lucha libre.

29. Freelance - One of IWRG’s best luchadores and one of Mexico’s best high flyers. Nicknamed “Suicidita” as he is a major risk taker and reminds many of fellow IWRG luchador, Mike “El Suicida” Segura. In 2008, Freelance appeared to be in a mission to try and dethrone the trios champs, Los Oficiales, of their titles. He teamed with various luchadores and failed in his mission. However, he along with his random teammates gave Los Oficiales a run for their money and provided fans with some enjoyable matches. Most notably, teaming with Rey Cometa and Pegasso Extreme against Los Oficiales. On May 29, 2008, he beat Aeroman (Mike Segura) to become the IWRG IC Lightweight Champion. Always fun to watch.

28. Virus - One of the very best workers in all of Mexico. Has been a CMLL regular for well over a decade. Has to be considered the most underrated or underutilized wrestler in CMLL for a long time as he rarely gets the same opportunities that are usually given to either younger guys or 2nd generation wrestlers and its most likely due to his size. Very well respected by his peers. Appeared to be an honorary or fourth member of Los Infernales as he teamed often with Euforia and Nosferatu. Had a bloody match against Super Nova in Gimnasio Nuevo Leon.

27. Jack Evans - Made his AAA debut on April 5, 2008 as a member of Konnan’s Foreign Legion. Teamed with Teddy Hart as Hart Foundation 2.0. Immediately began feuding with the other AAA tag teams such as the Mexican Powers and La Familia De Tijuana. Lost in the 2008 Alas De Oro match to Aero Star and vowed revenge against Aero Star and AAA. Had a rematch that ended with an attack by the Foreign Legion on Aero Star and Super Fly. Finished up the year feuding with La Hermandad (Nicho El Millonario & Joe Lider) over the AAA Tag Team Titles.

26. Stuka Jr. - One of the premiere high flyers on CMLL’s roster. Always seems to impress in his matches as he’s very fluid in the ring. Blends quick movement in the ring with innovative high spots almost flawlessly. Worked primarily in trios and in torneo ciberneticos in 2008. Teamed with Flash to win the Arena Coliseo Tag Team Titles back in June. This also resulted in a feud with Los Infernales over the titles.

23, 24 & 25. Los Oficiales - Oficial Fierro (NR), AK-47 II (NR), Oficial 911 - The best trio in Mexico. All three are excellent workers, but they’re an example of putting together guys who would have been stuck in mid-card hell in a promotion and instead giving them a gimmick, cool outfits and letting them work their magic. They held the Estado de Mexico and IWRG IC Trios Titles in 2008. Started 2008 as the Estado de Mexico trios champs and took on all challengers from high-flying trios like Freelance/Rey Cometa/Pegasso Extreme to more technically sound trios like Los Terribles Cerebros. They eventually lost those titles to Los Terribles Cerebros in December. Los Oficiales had won the IWRG IC Trios Titles from Capitan Muerte, Xibalba & Cyborg on September 28, 2008. Oficial Fierro also took the mask of Tortuguillo Ninja II in January.

22. Mascarita Dorada - Currently one of the most exciting and innovative luchadores. Won the 2008 Pequeno Rey Del Aire Torneo Cibernetico (Match of the Year Candidate). Also challenged for the CMLL Minis Title in 2008 against Pequeno Damian 666. He lost to Pierrothito in the finals of a tournament to crown a new Mexican Lightweight Champion on September 23, 2008. Thanks to Robert Bihari, one of Mascarita Dorada’s videos went viral throughout the internet and might actually be the most popular clip in lucha libre to have hit youtube.

21. Atlantis - Member of Los Guerreros Del Atlantida. Has now held the NWA Light Heavyweight Title for over 3 years. He defended the belt in 2008 against Shocker, Alex Koslov and Blue Panther. He and Ultimo Guerrero lost the CMLL Tag Team Titles early in 2008 to Averno & Mephisto. Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero teamed with Negro Casas to win the CMLL Trios Titles. The trio of Casas, Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero also had a couple of matches against TNA wrestlers Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley and Sonjay Dutt. 2008 was also Atlantis 25th anniversary as a professional wrestler and he celebrated this moment by wrestling one of his long-time rivals, Blue Panther on July 11, 2008.

When I get time I will post the news for the last week or so I have just been really busy trying to get some stuff taken care of. Sorry for the delay....

Xavier over at the wrestling observer posted his AAA report for last Saturday. Here we go!

AAA TV report
AAA on Galavision

By: Xavier Hernandez

Show aired on: 02/21/2009

The show starts as usual, with a recap of last week's show. More battles between the AAArmy and the Legion, Vampiro and Chessman continue their feud; the clowns captured the atomic titles, and more.

*Pretaped Segment: Konnan is in the ring with Arturo Rivera, and says he's never seen so many rednecks together in his career (calling the fans like that). Konnan denies that there are financial problems with his management, and Rivera reinforces the statement by moving his finger in the "no" signal. Konnan assures the company is economically stable right now, and denies the rumors of the announcers, that he is stealing money from the company. Rivera tells the announcers that they are lucky to be paid even in pesos, because the Legion gets paid in Euros. Vampiro interrupts the segment of Konnan. Vampiro calls he's the worst thing that could happen to the company, and calls him a rat who's stealing money from the company. Vampiro brings in a special guest, and he may put a stop to the stupid things Konnan has done: Joaquin Roldan (WOW, I'm in shock, sarcastically). Konnan says Vampiro is just jealous of the accomplishments Konnan has, and Vampiro is just under his shadow. Vampiro takes his jacket off, and Konnan flees from the ring. Roldan says he will recover control of the company very soon, and Konnan will be out with Rivera.

Wonder if Konnan took to many hits to the head because he apparantly doesnt realize he is in Mexico not the US. I would think there would be no rednecks in Mexico but I could be wrong....This angle in and of itself is stupid and should be dropped as quickly as possible. Who cares about Roldan coming back as head of AAA? DROP THIS PLEASE YOUR KILLING THE COMPANY WITH THIS ANGLE ALONE.

*Promo Video: This one hypes the newly revived feud between Abismo and Abyss. Abismo calls the clone a cheap copy, who doesn't have his experience nor his career. Abismo bows he will take and rip Abyss' mask very soon.

1) Mini Charlie Manson, Mascarita Sagrada & Mascarita Divina vs. Mini Abismo Negro, Mini Psicosis & Mini Histeria

-Only Fall: The heels kick off with an early ambush on the tecnicos. Manson dodges a Stinger Splash from Abismo, and the tecnico comeback begins. Manson hits a spectacular Pescado on Histeria to take him out. Sagrada also flies with an Asai Moonsault to attack Abismo. Divina closes the flying marathon with a Crossbody on Psicosis. Both Mascaritas lock submission holds on Psicosis and Abismo, but Black Abyss appears out of nowhere to attack the tecnicos with a bottle of water. Manson tries to help his partners, but the heel referee doesn't allow it. Abyss applies a Tombstone Piledriver on Divina, and Abismo picks up the pinfall.

Winners: Mini Abismo Negro, Mini Psicosis & Mini Histeria

-Aftermath: The real Abismo hits the ring to confront his mini version, but Abyss lowblows him. The Mini Vipers and Abyss ambush Abismo (I thought a mini was supposed to support his adult counterpart, but not this time, with the Abismos).

I was confused as well when this happened. I guess maybe mini Abismo Negro is going to change his name to mini Black Abyss? You know, honestly who in the blue hell comes up with the names for these people? You have Abismo Negro and Black Abyss. Its the same damn name. I know they think that it won't matter to the Mexican people because they primarily speak spanish but for crying out loud someone is an idiot....

*In-Ring Segment: Vampiro is in the ring with the clowns. Vampiro recognizes the as great wrestlers, but is not fair that the clowns attack him, when he has authority. Due to their actions, Vampiro has vacated the Atomic titles. Vampiro says he's the law, and everyone must respect the rules of the company, applied by him. This makes the clowns, and they attack the tecnicos upon their arrival. This leads to....

2) Psycho Circus (Psycho, Killer & Zombie Clown) vs. Pimpinela Escarlata, El Angel & Gato Eveready

-Only Fall: The clowns are displaying a great amount of rage and offense towards their opponents. The tecnicos finally make the comeback with aerial moves. The clowns begin to catch the tecnicos in mid-air. In the ring, Killer pins Angel with a Suplex Powerslam.

Winners: Psycho, Killer & Zombie Clown

Who are they going to get to go after the Atomicos belts now? All bets are on La Legion getting them somehow.

*Pretaped Segment: Zorro talks to Teddy Hart and Nikki, and says the world is crazy, because things are not the way they're supposed to be. Zorro says he likes to earn things, and hates to be handed things that he didn't earn. Zorro calls himself a great warrior and a great champion. Teddy interrupts Zorro, to deal with something important. Teddy wants Zorro to step up and take leadership of the Legion, because Konnan is out of control, and they don't want to work with la Hermandad. Zorro says he never said anything about stepping up, and calls Teddy crazy. Nikki assures he was even holding his mask while making the promise, but Zorro calls them crazy for lying to him. No, no, no NOOOOOOO!

Oh so now he has mulitple personalities? I remember the storyline when he got the mask and Charly Manson had some kind of power over him. I wonder if they are going to make it so that he has that problem. This may actually be interesting..

3) Zorro, Black Abyss & Teddy Hart (w/Nikki) vs. Abismo Negro, Gronda & SuperFly

-Only Fall: Zorro and Abismo talk to each other, but Abyss surprises with a Missile Dropkick to Abismo's head. This starts the triple team attack, and the Legion is under control.Gronda makes the comeback by dodging Zorro, and hitting a Double Clothesline. Fly uses his trademark Cartwheel Moonsault to connect Zorro. The brawl transfers to ringside, and even chairs are used as weapons. Back in the ring, Abismo battles Abyss mano a mano. Abismo tries to hit the Martinete Special, but Nikki stops him. Abismo now tries to hit the move on Nikki, but Teddy gets Abismo into the Hartbreaker. SSP by Teddy ob Abismo, but Gronda breaks the pin. Zorro attacks Abismo with the kendo stick, and pins him with La Casita.

Winners: Zorro, Black Abyss & Teddy Hart

You have no idea how much trouble I had trying to explain which one was Black Abyss and Abismo Negro to my sister. She said at first she liked Black Abyss so I showed her who that was. Then she said it was Abismo Negro. So I pointed out who that was. Then she got really confused and told me it was the one who was in a tag match with Super Porky in one of the matches I showed her from last year. That didn't help as both Abismo and Abyss were in the same match lol. Then she said he teamed with Super Porky so then I knew she was talking about Abismo Negro. They really need to do something about this as it is getting way to confusing for people who are jsut getting into Lucha Libre.

*Promo Video: This one hypes the alliance between Konnan and La Hermandad. This may hint, that as long as La Hermandad is in, the Foundation may walk out. Konnan simply hired the Hermandad to do the dirty work for him.

*Pretaped Segment: Brazo and Pirata are fired up, but Decnnis clams them down. Brazo claims he will make Guapito pay for the loss at the steel cage. Guapito asks for forgiveness, but Vrazo wants to tear him apart.

4) Laredo Kid, Aerostar & El Elegido vs. El Brazo, Decnnis & Pirata Morgan

--Only Fall: Ambush from the rudos begins quickly, and Pirata already is after Elegido. The tecnicos make the comeback, and Decnnis eats a Double 619 from the tecnicos. Elegido hits a suicide dive on Pirata. Laredo continues with an Asai Moonsault on Decnnis, and Aero closes with a Reversed Plancha on Brazo. Aero connects with the Drowsy Dive, but hits Laredo instead. Brazo now flies with a Rolling Body attack off the apron. In the ring, Pirata fouls Elegido, and the referee makes the count, but Guapito stops him. Guapito informs the referee about the foul, and the referee awards the DQ to the tecnicos.

Winners (DQ): Laredo Kid, Aerostar & El Elegido

-Aftermath: The rudos go after Guapito, and Brazo gives him a big Plancha. The tecnicos make the save, after a brutal attack.

*Prettied Segment: Konnan is happy to have the most hardcore wrestlers under his roster. Konnan made sure the Harts don't mess with them, and even Konnan has given his spot in the main event to them. Electro tells Silver that he has more experience than him, and Parka will suffer. Konnan asks the Hermandad to finish Mesias and apply the 187 on him. The Hermandad says they will do whatever Konnan orders, 187! On the other hand, Mesias cuts the same promo. He bows to destroy Konnan, and doesn't care how many hardcore guys he brings, because Mesias is way more hardcore than anyone. Mesias will change the Hermandad's number from 187 to 000 when he vanishes them inside Mesias World. Parka and Silver also cut their promo, and they bow to defeat the Legion.

5) Mesias, Silver King & La Parka vs. Joe Lider, Nicho El Millonario & Electroshock

-Only Fall: Nicho cannot handle the power of the champion, and he's tossed out of the ring. electro and Silver tag in, but guess what? The cursed pattern of TV main event returns. Ambush from the heels, comeback from the tecnicos. The variety of holds and spots is different, but the formula is pretty much the same. Superplex by Parka on Electro, Plancha by Mesias, Elbow Drop by Nicho, Headbutt by Lider, but Electro stills kicks out. Suicide dive by Parka on Electro. Nicho attacks Mesias with a chair, and brings in a table. Mesias makes the comeback, and chokeslams Nicho through the table. Lider brings in a neon lightbulb, but Mesis breaks it in Lider's back, and the pinfall is scored.

Winners: Mesias, Silver King & La Parka

-Aftermath: Konnan says he's tired of Mesias injuring his best players. Konnan has officially let the Legion members attack anywhere he is found. Konnan also calls the fans idiots and full of hypocrisy for believing in someone who insulted them for two years. Mesias says he can bring anyone, because Konnan is the next one on his list. Mesias guarantees this is the last year of Konnan in the business. Whether you like it or not.

FINAL COMMENTS: First of all, I apologize for the delay of this report. I had so many issues to deal with, and I barealy had time to complete this report. Regarding the show, it was OK. At least the main event was a little bit different from the past few months. The fact that the Hermandad were pushed to main event (despite their botching movesets), brings a new air to the main events, because I am getting tired of the same "Konnan and Legion vs. Parka and friends" main event every week. Perhaps they should do more single and tag matches for their TV main events, to provide more variety.

Amen to that brother...... Would it hurt to get a singles match in the main event? Preferably somoene who wasn't in with the Legion? I am so tired of these stupid outsiders coming in to take over the company storylines. Konnan needs to get out of the 90's and move on. Yeah that worked well with DX and the NWO back in the day but let it go for crying out loud. Its like people like him and Sean Waltman are trying to hold onto the past when they need to let it go seriousley. MOVE ON......

Credit goes to luchaworld.com as well as
Credit to AAA, Black Terry Jr, Box y Lucha, EMLL, IWRG, RFC

NEWS

AAA shot a big angle last night as since Joaquin Roldan & rudo announcer Arturo Rivera got into a fight on Sunday in Ecatepec, they will be picking wrestlers to represent them in a caballera contra caballera match for the Rey de Reyes show in Guadalajara on 3/15. Rivera picked Konnan to represent him and Roldan will wait until 2/28 to announce his wrestler who will most likely be the luchador sorpresa in the main event of that show in Cuernavaca. Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario also showed up during this and told Konnan that they won’t work for him anymore because he doesn’t have the money to pay them.

I am really tired of this angle. I mean what makes them think people care about those two in a hair match? Come on Konnan get some better ideas here...

After being advertised on posters for last night’s AAA TV taping in Celaya, Super Crazy wasn’t on the show as he said that he wouldn’t join AAA until March so he actually told the truth.

Maybe he will have dropped some wight when he comes back.
RESULTS

AAA 2/18 – Parque de Beisbol de Celaya (TV taping)
1. El Poder Norte (Rio Bravo/Tito Santana/Tigre Cota) beat El Angel/Gato Eveready/Gran Apache – Angel hurt himself on a dive and tried to continue the match but passed out in the ring. Billy Boy also ran out to attack Apache again.
2. Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario defeated Laredo Kid & Super Fly – After the match, Silver King ran out to help destroy the tecnicos until Parka Jr. showed up but he got put through a table by Lider for his trouble.
3. Black Abyss beat Abismo Negro after a Martinete and a fireball. Abismo was then stretchered out.
4. The Hart Foundation 2.0 (Jack Evans & Teddy Hart) defeated Crazy Boy & Ultimo Gladiador
5. La Parka Jr. beat Silver King
6. Charly Manson/Latin Lover/Sean Waltman defeated Electroshock/Konnan/Zorro

I just want to see Charly Manson......

The results for the 22 were just results no news so I didn't post it. As usual the following is courtesy of luchaworld.com as well as:

Credit to AAA, Black Terry Jr, Cecilia Sanchez, EMLL, Gabriela Mendoza, josedejesus, Ovaciones, RFC

NEWS

AAA announced the official list of 16 participants for the Rey de Reyes tournament in Guadalajara on 3/15.

They include the following:

Abismo Negro
Alan Stone
Brazo de Plata
Elegido
Latin Lover
Octagón
La Parka Jr.
Super Fly
Black Abyss
Electroshock
Escoria
Joe Lider
Nicho el Millionario
Ozz
Psycho Clown
Silver King

I guess nobody has to qualify anymore as that would be to much work for the bookers or something. Because all of a sudden the luchadores can qualify without even having to have a match. I am glad to see Ozz and Escoria in there. Glad to see the members of La Secta getting included for once. Although i don;t think they have any hope of winning because it will probably go to either Abismo Negro (yay!), Latin Lover, La Parka jr., Electroshock, or Silver King. Which is not cool......

Atlantis stated yesterday that he knows that Mistico wants a mascara contra mascara match against him in the future but in his mind he doesn’t think Mistico is ready for such a match. Atlantis said that Mistico should have at least 20 years of experience and when he achieves that then he can call him for a mask and he would oblige him. Atlantis then said that Mistico should just sit back and learn from him to see how a true professional performs in the ring.

Again in a nutshell folks this match aint happening. He must be taking lessons from Perrito, why not just say no period? Come on 20 years? Yeah this match defianantly isn't happening.

Dragon Rojo revealed yesterday that he is the new ambassador for the prevention of tuberculosis in children in a local district of Mexico City and that this is a new battle that he must win but this time it is in the ring of life. Rojo said that he along with Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, & Perros del Mal will be at a fundraising event on 3/24 in Mexico City to promote the ways to prevent this disease from spreading and that he is ready to devote as much time as possible to spread the word but he promised that it won’t effect his work in the wrestling ring.

Thats great to see Luchadores doing some good work outside of the ring and showing they actually care about issues that aren't wrestling related.

RESULTS

EMLL 2/22 – Arena Coliseo
1. Sensei & Sombra de Plata beat Camorra & Carrona
2. Lady Apache/Lluvia/Sahori (subbing for Goddess) defeated Amapola/La Nazi/Rosa Negra
3. Flash/Leono (subbing for Stuka Jr.)/Metro beat Escandalo/Loco Max/Shigeo Okumura
4. Damian el Terrible/Heavy Metal/Hijo del Lizmark defeated Metalico (subbing for Mascara Purpura)/Sagrado/Toscano
5. Dos Caras Jr./Marco Corleone/Volador Jr. beat Atlantis/Negro Casas/Rey Bucanero

IWRG 2/19 – Arena Naucalpan
1. Comando Gama beat Keshin Black
2. Hijo del Signo & Judas el Traidor defeated Comando Negro & Eragon
3. Cerebro Negro/Fantasma de la Opera/Tetsuya Bushi beat Chico Che/Las Traumas I y II
4. Multifacetico/Pendulo/Zatura defeated Los Oficiales (AK-47/Fierro/911)
5. Caballera contra Caballera: Dr. Cerebro beat Freelance after Freelance botched a moonsault landing stomach first on the barricade.

Monterrey 2/22 – Arena Coliseo de Monterrey
1. Iron Extreme beat Epidemius
2. Luminoso & Turok defeated Aguila Extrema & El Relampago
3. Ejecutor & Mr. Secuestro beat Asterisco Jr. & El Magnifico
4. Histeria & Monje Negro Jr. defeated Rey Imagen & TDN
5. Alan Stone/Alebrije/Oriental beat Cuervo/Escoria/Ozz

Monterrey 2/22 – Terraza Elma de Apodaca
1. Aladino & Mr. Vega beat Destello Universal & Sagaz
2. Aguila Militar defeated Mini Virtual X and there will be a mascara contra caballera match next week.
3. Erick el Rojo & Hijo del Javier Cruz beat Gemelo Muerte I & Skam 13 by DQ after Androide interfered to set up a match next week with Androide & Hijo del Javier Cruz.
4. Mascara Ano Dos Mil & Super Parka defeated Rambo & Silver Star

Credit to AAA, Alfonso Lizarraga, Box y Lucha, Diego Mejía Eguiluz, El Mojado, EMLL, IWRG, Manuel Cervantes, Ovaciones, Yosoyelkiss

NEWS

EMLL announced the other day that they would push back their Dos Leyendas show back a week to 3/27 and now the main event is close to being finalized. There were rumors of a double hair/mask match with Blue Panther/Ultimo Guerrero vs. Los Villanos III y V but it is almost a sure lock now that the match will be a singles match with Ultimo Guerrero putting up his mask against Villano V’s mask.

We'll see how this goes. Too bad they pushed the show back...

Mascara Magica aka Antonio Gomez who is the promoter for Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara came out and criticized the first show promoted by Extreme Air Wrestling in Zacatecas on 2/19 with the double stacked rings saying that it lacks professionalism and ethics. Magica said that the EAW promoters obviously don’t care about the wrestlers because there are dangers in having such a setup involving the rings and that this defames the dignity of the wrestlers. Magica said that it was a shame to see Dr. Wagner Jr. & L.A. Par-K lower themselves for the almighty dollar and that Doc’s father is rolling over in his grave seeing his son being against tradition.

Can I ask what the point of double stacked rings is? That doesn't seem innovative at all just plain stupid.....

Nino de Acero fractured his femur Monday night at Arena Puebla missing a dive and underwent a 6-hour long surgery that was successful. He is expected to return in November.

Ovaciones reported yesterday that Mistico & Dragon Rojo would be going to New Japan on 5/3 working the big show at the Fukuoka International Center. Mistico would be presumably going against Tiger Mask IV at the show for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title.

RESULTS

EMLL 2/22 – Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1. Relampago Azul beat Skaxy
2. Astaroth & Nube Roja defeated Evola & Valentin Mayo by DQ due to excessive violence on Mayo’s part on Nube.
3. Magnum & Metatron beat Mr. Rafaga & Rey Trueno
4. Torneo de Tercias – Semifinals: La Mascara/Mictlan/Shocker defeated La Jauria del Terror (Averno/Ephesto/Mephisto)
5. Torneo de Tercias – Semifinals: El Poder Mexica (Black Warrior/Dragon Rojo/Sangre Azteca) beat Blue Panther/Mascara Dorada/Stuka Jr.
6. Torneo de Tercias – Finals: El Poder Mexica (Black Warrior/Dragon Rojo/Sangre Azteca) defeated La Mascara/Mictlan/Shocker

EMLL 2/24 – Arena Mexico
1. Angel Azteca Jr. & Sombra de Plata beat Camorra & Zayco
2. Pequeno Damian 666/Pequeno Violencia/Sombrita defeated Electrico/Pequeno Olimpico/Shockercito when Sombrita fouled Olimpico behind the ref’s back.
3. Lady Apache/Marcela/Sahori beat Princesa Blanca/Princesa Sugei/Rosa Negra
4. Hector Garza/Hijo del Fantasma/Toscano defeated Damian el Terrible/Ephesto/Misterioso II
5. Shocker beat Ultimo Guerrero and Shocker will get a shot next week at Ultimo Guerrero’s CMLL Heavyweight Title.

IWRG 2/21 – Arena Xochimilco
1. Comando Gama beat Keshin Black
2. Los Gemelos Fantastico I y II defeated Anticristo Jr. & Vampiro Metalico
3. Black Terry/Cerebro Negro/Fantasma de la Opera beat Chico Che/Fenix/Miss Gaviota
4. IWRG Intercontinental Trios Titles: Los Oficiales (AK-47/Fierro/911) defeated Dr. Cerebro/Freelance/Multifacetico to retain their titles after Cerebro & Freelance brawled leading to his partners Black Terry & Cerebro Negro joining in.
5. Rayo de Jalisco Jr./Scorpio Jr./Tinieblas Jr. beat Head Hunter I/Hijo del Cien Caras/Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr. when the rudo team had a falling out.

IWRG 2/22 – Arena Naucalpan
1. Halcon Dos Mil beat Imperio Azteca
2. Goleador & Miss Gaviota defeated King Drako & Vampiro Metalico
3. Black Terry (subbing for Trauma II)/Eragon/Trauma I beat Anticristo Jr./Fantasma de la Opera/Nemesis
4. Freelance/Multifacetico/Zatura defeated Arlequin (subbing for Judas el Traidor)/Avisman/Tetsuya Bushi
5. Los Head Hunters I y II beat Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr. & Universo Dos Mil (subbing for Mascara Ano Dos Mil) by DQ when Hijo del Cien Caras interfered.

Promociones Contreras 2/20 – Arena San Juan Pantitlan
1. Torneo por la Copa Gema – Semifinals: La Chona/Miserable/Ricky Ricon beat Escorpion Dorado Jr./Mohicano I/Rey del Espacio
2. Torneo por la Copa Gema – Semifinals: Baby Amor/Caricia/Caricia Jr. defeated Bestia Metalica/Infinito/Mohicano II
3. Torneo por la Copa Gema – Finals: La Chona/Miserable/Ricky Ricon beat Baby Amor/Caricia/Caricia Jr.
4. Bryan el Stripper & Mari Apache defeated Dizzy & Cinthia Moreno
5. Argenis/Gato Eveready/Laredo Kid beat El Poder Norte (Rio Bravo/Tito Santana/Tigre Cota)
6. The Psycho Circus (Killer Clown/Psycho Clown/Zombie Clown) defeated Cuervo/Escoria/Ozz
7. 3 Way Dance por la Copa Contreras 2009: La Parka Jr. beat Konnan & Zorro after beating both with Zorro’s kendo stick.

Promociones Juniors 2/18 – Auditorio Miguel Barragan de San Luis Potosi
1. Lover Boy/Turbo-X/X-Turbo beat Crazy Star/Mensajero/Tigre del Ring
2. Mascarita Dorada & Ultimo Dragoncito defeated Pequeno Damian 666 & Pierrothito
3. Dragon Rojo & Virus beat Hijo del Faraon & Valiente
4. Dos Caras Jr./Marco Corleone/Mascara Dorada defeated Hijo del Lizmark/Negro Casas/Mr. Niebla
5. CMLL Welterweight Title: Mistico beat Averno to retain his title.

EDIT:
This was on the report for the 26th. Since there was only advertisements for upcoming shows I decided to put this on here instead.
Credit to AAA, Box y Lucha, EMLL, IWRG

NEWS

As I reported yesterday, Ultimo Guerrero vs. Villano V was finalized today at an official press conference by EMLL for the Dos Leyendas show now back on 3/20 at Arena Mexico. EMLL Producer Juan Manuel Mar stated at the press conference that the finalized card should be released next week.

Wow could this get any more confusing?

Alfredo at luchaworld.com has a review up for the most recent CMLL taping. Now I am not all to familiar with CMLL to much as I don't catch it often. But some of the wrestlers are pretty good. I am still working out whos who there...enjoy!

Written By Alfredo Esparza

CMLL on LATV 2/28/09

One of the edecanes (ring girls) interviews Que Monito. I believe Que Monito made some sort of hand gesture letting everyone know he was going to be spending quality time with this edecan.

Mictlán, Sagrado, Valiente b Felino, Misterioso II, Shigeo Okumura (2/20/09, Arena Mexico)

FIRST FALL: Mictlan looks like the Mexican Alex Koslov, but with only one-third of Koslov’s talent. Its funny how they introduce the wrestlers, but show the ring girls ahead of the wrestlers. Mictlan poses to begin the match against Felino. Fortunately, Mictlan gets out soon and in comes Valiente against Misterioso II. Misterioso heads to the outside and Sagrado does a tope suicida to the outside. Valiente and Mictlan apply similar looking powerbombs on their opponents to win the first fall. That was fast. Something strange at the start of this fall was that they went beep-crazy. They were just beeping everything. I think it was either the FSE reference or some fans were a little rowdy.

SECOND FALL: Misterioso II starts with a hard chop on Sagrado AND we get another replay of the tope! Ok, so as I’m watching this they’re doing a spot were Felino and Okumura pull Sagrado out of the ring and Valiente gets tossed to the outside by Misterioso II except we don’t get to see the full impact of what’s going on because they zoom in on a girl wearing a ‘Marco Corleone’ headband! Back in the ring, Misterioso II superkicks Mictlan and all the rudos gang up on him. Mictlan gets tossed and now its your basic rudos gang up on one tecnico routine. Felino with a top rope elbow on Sagrado. Valiente comes in chops Felino and then gets attacked by all three rudos. Felino with a top rope clothesline onto Valiente for the pin. Misterioso II gets the pin on Mictlan after applying La Rosa Driver on him. Rudos tie up the match. Que Monito is spanked by Okumura and Misterioso II and then Felino SHOULDER TACKLES Que Monito to the outside!. More TV time for the girl wearing the ‘Marco Corleone’ headband. She’s pretty hot. Maybe Corleone isn’t that bad afterall.:)

THIRD FALL: Fall begins with the Rudos tossing out the tecnicos and then Que Monito gets more punishment from the rudos. Misterioso II kicks Que Monito. By the way, what’s Que Monito’s vertical leap? I really would like to know! The rudos pick him up, but this time Que Monito low blows Misterioso II. Okumura immediately kicks him. Sagrado makes the save and immediately he gets attacked by all three rudos. All the tecnicos finally get involved and they regain control of the match. Okumura gets tossed to the outside and he’s immediately met by Valiente with a tope suicida. Felino follows that up with a senton onto Valiente. Mictlan with a plancha to the outside. This leaves Misterioso II and Sagrado in the ring. Sagrado with a moonsault onto Misterioso II. Sagrado then grabs Que Monito and places him on the top rope and then throws him onto Misterioso II for the win. One of the guys in the porra wearing pink T-Shirts kisses a fat chick to celebrate the victory! HEY, THAT’S HOW I CELEBRATE EVERY TIME THE LAKERS WIN THE NBA TITLE, except no pink T-Shirt!

I have liked Misterioso ever since I fist saw him maybe in the middle of last year I believe. He seemed to wrk pretty well in the ring compared to others. I am hoping to see more of him in the future.

Virus b Mascara Dorada [lightning match] (2/20/09, Arena Mexico)

- Looking forward to this match because Mascara Dorada just doesn’t seem to be working out quite like he did when he was in Guadalajara as Metalik OR GDL’s TV edit guy is some sort of genius because the guy was built on clips half the time and when he did wrestle he did pretty well. Lets see what he can do out there with Virus.

ONE FALL: Head-and-collar tie up! They go into leg submission moves. Miguel Linares summons his ‘inner Javier Llanes’ because he’s referred to two consecutive moves as being from judo. Back and forth chops followed by some exchanges that result in Virus dropkicking Mascara Dorada in the back. The announcers discussed the idea of having some sort of tournament or match-ups with winners of all the lightning matches. Mascara Dorada throws Virus to the outside with the headscissors and follows it up with a plancha to the outside. Virus wins because Mascara Dorada didn’t get back in the ring at the 20-count. Crappy finish. Not that he lost via countout, but because the TV crew went to replay immediately after Dorada did the plancha and you don’t see the 20-count. At least show the ref counting from 15-up. Virus gets the win, but this match sucked.

Also, is it just me or does the Mascara Dorada outfit not work for Metalik? On Mascarita Dorada it looks cool, but for some odd reason the regular-sized outfit just doesn’t seem to work.

Dos Caras Jr., Marco Corleone, Volador Jr. b Atlantis, Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero (2/22/09, Arena Coliseo)

Prior to the match, Volador Jr. issues a challenge to Negro Casas. He wants his hair.

FIRST FALL: At the rate the intros are going, this match will never begin! More beeping! WTF?!? I think they’re beeping out Tony’s choice of music for the Lucha Listen! Better not make Tony or thecubsfan angry! Bucanero promo, but they don’t beep out the music. Match finally begins with the rudos attacking the tecnicos (more beeping!). Bucanero attacks Corleone. Atlantis places Dos Caras Jr. on the top rope and tries to remove his mask. On the other side of the ring, Casas attacks Volador Jr. Casas sends Volador Jr. to the outside and stomps him on the head and continues his attack in the entrance. More double-teaming on Dos Caras Jr. for the pin and the first fall goes to the rudos! More beeping!

SECOND FALL: Volador Jr. is still on the outside. Now the rudos attack Corleone. More beeps, but this time I heard some fan was the one getting beeped. Dos Caras Jr. comes in to take on all three rudos. Rey Bucanero puts his hand in Dos’ tights and I have no idea why, but maybe its a submission move.:( Marco Corleone grabs Rey Bucanero and slams him into the ringpost. In the ring Volador Jr. suplexes Negro Casas. Rey Bucanero comes in, but Volador Jr. sends him towards the ropes were Bucanero hangs in the middle, so Volador Jr. climbs to the top rope and crashes into Bucanero with a guillotine legdrop. Corleone comes in and he crucifies Negro Casas and makes him submit. Dos Caras Jr. chases Atlantis, but Atlantis calls for a TO and refuses to return to the ring. Tecnicos win.

Marco Corleone, La Sombra and Princesa Blanca interview fans at a restaurant.

THIRD FALL: Fall starts with Dos Caras Jr. lifting Negro Casas by the hair and tossing out both Atlantis and Negro Casas from the ring. Dos Caras Jr. then carries Rey Bucanero like a little baby and then tosses him. Volador Jr. comes in and is kicking butt! Casas doesn’t want to get in the ring with Volador Jr. Volador Jr. tags Corleone and Casas tells Volador Jr. he’ll fight him instead. Back-and-forth chops between Casas and Volador Jr. Volador Jr. is about to remove his shirt, when Casas bites him on the stomach and follows up with some kicks. Volador Jr. regains control and dropkicks him. More beeping! Volador Jr. with a superkick on Casas, followed by an Ohtani-style corner kick. Corleone comes into the ring to face Rey Bucanero. Test of strength and Corleone takes the early advantage and turns it into a headlock. Atlantis and Casas attack Corleone, but he clothesline the both of them. More beeping! Bucanero and Atlantis double-team Corleone, but he punches Bucanero and Atlantis runs for cover. Negro comes in and dropkicks Corleone to the outside and then goes for his senton, but Corleone catches him and slams him into the rinpost. Back in the ring, Volador Jr. tosses out Rey Bucanero and follows it up with a tope suicida. Dos Caras Jr. gets in the ring and as Atlantis is about to rush him, his foot ‘hooks’ the middle rope to slow him down and he starts playing the cowardly rudo begging everyone to keep it down. Atlantis runs towards Dos Caras Jr. and Dos spins around and catches him in the Fujiwara Armbar for the win.

I would have only watched this for Volador jr. thats about it.... But since I haven't seen it I guess that is niether here nor there.

Overall, the only thing I enjoyed was the main event. The opener wasn’t very good and the lightning match had a crappy finish. Plus, WHAT WAS UP WITH ALL THE BEEPING? I don’t think they were beeping out Fox Sports Espanol because that was being mentioned before and after each commercial break. There had to be something else being said that they were beeping out. Whatever it was, really annoyed me. I haven’t been this annoyed by some noise while watching wrestling since one of the Dusty Rhodes-Ric Flair matches were one fan decided to yell out, “Dusty Rhodes…Yeah…Dusty Rhodes…Yeah…” throughout their entire match and it could be heard due to some mic being close to that side of the crowd.

This BEEPING needs to stop BEEPING otherwise its going to make watching lucha a BEEPING pain in the BEEPING BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Alfredo I believe has put up his final list for the luchaworld countdown. Here are the remaining twenty luchadores. As always credit goes to luchaworld.com:

20. Valiente - One of the best high flyers in the world. His short, stocky build reminds many of Super Astro and Superboy. Won TWO torneo ciberneticos. The first was CMLL’s Rey De Aires torneo and the second was a torneo held in Guadalajara. He also challenged for multiple singles titles, specifically the WWA Middleweight Title (Rey Hechicero), Mexican National Welterweight Title (Sangre Azteca) and the Occidente Light Heavyweight Title (Misterioso II). He also took the hair of Sergio “Vaquero” Romo in Nuevo Leon on 3/23/08. His signature move is the riskydouble jump blind springboard moonsault to the floor, which this year resulted with him getting knocked out during a match when his head hit the ring. One of CMLL’s most entertaining wrestlers.

19. Pequeño Damian 666 - One-third of the awesome Cachorros Del Mal (w/ Mr. Aguilita & Pequeño Halloween). Group is based on members of the original group of Perros Del Mal (Damian 666, Mr. Aguila and Halloween). The minis now are much better than their regular-sized counterparts. Pequeño Damian 666 spent most of his time wreaking havoc on CMLL’s mini tecnicos such as Mascarita Dorada and Tzuki. However, 2008 was all about the Pequeño Damian 666 vs. Bam Bam feud, which had them opposing each other in trios and singles matches. They battled for the CMLL Minis Title throughout the year and even had a hair match. Pequeño Damian 666’s work was well-received in Japan as well as he worked a Dradition show. Also competes at times on Ultimo Dragon’s shows. Excellent in the ring and has great charisma.

18. Hector Garza - At the beginning of 2008, he was a member of Los Perros Del Mal. Became infuriated when Perro Jr. added Averno & Mephisto to the faction. Garza was kicked out and he began feuding with Perro Jr and the rest of PdM. Teamed with Mistico to capture the CMLL Tag Team Titles from Averno & Mephisto. Followed that up with a hair match at the Dos Leyendas PPV on March 21, 2008 against Perro Aguayo Jr. Garza lost the match. Garza also formed his own tecnico faction known as Los Angeles Celestiales, which seemed to rub Mistico the wrong way. Garza also won the CMLL Trios Titles wtih Hijo del Fantasma & La Mascara.

17. Sangre Azteca - Held the Mexican National Welterweight Title throughout 2008. Was successful in his title defenses against Valiente, Sagrado, La Mascara, La Sombra, Maximo, and Dragon Rojo Jr. in 2008. Was on the fringes of the Guerreros Del Atlantida and complained late in the year that the GdA faction rarely teamed together. He decided to quit that group and began to make some noise about forming his own faction (since the end of 2008-early 2009 he formed El Poder Mexica). One of the better rudos in CMLL.

16. Mephisto - The other half of the tag team known as “Los Sicarios Del Infierno” with Averno. Held the CMLL World Tag Team Titles twice in 2008. Also challenged for the NWA Welterweight Championship held by La Sombra. Was part of Los Perros Del Mal and when they departed, he remained aligned with Averno in “La Jauria del Terror” (Los Hijos Del A Ver No). Great worker who excels in any variation of match (singles, tag, trios, or torneo cibernetico) that CMLL can come up with.

15. Marco Corleone (Mark Jindrak for those that don't know) - One of the top heavyweights in CMLL and a popular tecnico among women. Does one of the more entertaining high spots for a heavyweight, which is a plancha from the CMLL ramp into the ring. Despite being a top heavyweight, I don’t recall him getting a shot at the CMLL World Heavyweight Title. However the CMLL champ for most of the year was a fellow tecnico, so they probably didn’t want to go tecnico vs. tecnico…Then again, how many times does that belt get defended on an annual basis? Once? Twice? Was part of the Gran Prix torneo cibernetico were he was on the foreigner team, which featured TNA talent. Had a feud with Lizmark Jr. and on 10/17 beat him in a hair match. At around the same time with so many rumors about CMLL wrestlers quitting or jumping to AAA, Corleone’s name came up numerous times. He denied the rumors immediately, but one writer in Mexico brought it up again because she wanted to see Corleone more often near where she lives and AAA runs shows more often there, so others went with what she said, which was more of a wish than actual rumor. Corleone finally denied it on the lucha news show, A Ras De Lona. Seems to have found a home in CMLL.

14. Chessman - Known for his high-risk bumps, in 2008 he became a top challenger to the AAA World Heavyweight title. Started the year as a member of The Hellbrothers with Cibernetico and Charly Manson. Split from the Hellbrothers due to Cibernetico’s refusal to set El Mesias on fire. Chessman attempted numerous times to get pay back on El Mesias including get La Secta to turn on him. After getting La Secta to turn on El Mesias, Chessman then turned on La Secta and aligned himself with the Psycho Circus. At the same time, feud with Cibernetico climaxed with a AAA World Title Match at Verano de Escandalo, which Chessman lost. Refused to take sides in the Roldan vs. Konnan feud as he vows to spill the blood of those he hates.

13. Negro Navarro - Continues to be a fixture in Mexico’s lucha libre independent circuit. Splits his time between IWRG, NWA Mexico and the numerous shows held in Mexico. He made an appearance in Los Angeles as well. His mat work and technical skills have made him an internet favorite. His main rival in 2008 was Solar I, which provided fans with an exhibition of lucha mat work. He also had some matches with Black Terry, most notably at an NWA Mexico show.

12. Dr. Wagner Jr. - Had a rather strange year as he had a rocky relationship with CMLL and left the promotion twice in 2008. Feuded with both Los Guerreros Del Atlantida and Los Perros Del Mal in CMLL. Also wrestled for IWRG were he and his brother fought against the Junior Dinamitas. Had his usual ongoing rivalry with L.A. Park that spanned the entire year, whether it be in CMLL or various independent shows throughout Mexico. While gone from CMLL, he ripped them in various publications, but guess what…he made a return to CMLL during the summer and feuded with Mr. Niebla and the Casas brothers (who formed a faction called La Peste Negra). Many of Doc’s matches in 2008 included way too much posing and playing to the crowd. During a match in November, he threw a chair into the crowd. CMLL President Paco Alonso decided to put him on his veto list due to the chair incident and in an interview admitted he was tired of Dr. Wagner Jr’s comments about CMLL. He finished off 2008 working indie shows and for Promociones Perros Del Mal. He also runs shows under the Promociones Wagner name. Also inspired one of the best and coolest lucha sites, La Wagnermania.

11. El Hijo Del Santo - Spent the year working primarily in lucha independents in Mexico. Worked the Scorpio Jr. benefit show held by IWRG. Also worked shows in the U.S., England and Spain. At the December Lucha Libre London show, he was part of an outstanding trios match (Mystico De Juarez/Silver King/Rubi Gardenia v. Cassandro/Magno/El Hijo Del Santo). Still one of the best workers in Mexico, but he doesn’t appear to much on TV due to not being affiliated with either AAA or CMLL. On CMLL President Paco Alonso’s veto list, which also affected the level of competition he faced on the indy scene as anyone who worked with Santito would be banned from working CMLL-affiliated shows.

10. Black Terry - Veteran rudo is best known for being a part of the trio known as Los Temerarios. Has found success as a singles star in the past 2 years in IWRG were he blends a little old-school lucha with a rugged brawling style. Competes primarily in IWRG, but also works at times on other indy shows throughout Mexico. Lost the IWRG IC Welterweight title to Multifacetico early in the year. He kept challenging for the title and had a feud with Fuerza Guerrera for the title. Lost a hair vs. title match to Fuerza Guerrera. Had a “battle of maestros of lucha libre” with Negro Navarro, which included singles and tag matches on the independent scene and for NWA Mexico. During September, Black Terry, Dr. Cerebro and Cerebro Negro formed a trio calles “Los Terribles Cerebros” and challenged for the IWRG Trios titles held by Los Oficiales.

9. El Mesias - Spent the early part of 2008 feuding over the AAA World Heavyweight Title with Cibernetico. Was the center of the friction between Cibernetico and Chessman as Chessman wanted revenge on El Mesias for the fire incident. Later, El Zorro became involved in the Title scene and when the Hellbrothers eventually split, Chessman joined that mix. Chessman was able to get La Secta to turn on El Mesias and El Mesias had to form uncomfortable alliances with AAA tecnicos like La Parka (AAA). Despite teaming with AAA tecnicos there were still some who questioned El Mesias intentions. When Konnan gained control of AAA, he offered to give the AAA World Title to El Mesias IF he joined the Foreign Legion. El Mesias refused and this set-up a match with El Zorro for the World Heavyweight Title at Guerra De Titanes. Despite the interference of Foreign Legion members and “corrupt” officials, El Mesias was victorious. He asked the fans and AAA wrestlers to forgive him for his past as a rudo and that he was loyal to AAA and to Mexico!

8. El Zorro - Member of Konnan’s Foreign Legion established himself as one of the very best rudos in Mexico. He is the self-proclaimed “Prophet of Lucha Libre”. One of the better interviews in Mexico, although his interviews can vary from being great to absolutely confusing. Won Rey de Reyes in 2008. He also challenged Cibernetico for the AAA World Heavyweight Title at Triplemania. When he wasn’t teaming with fellow members of the Foreign Legion, he was battling Cibernetico, El Mesias and Chessman in various matches (singles, tag team, and relevos increibles). Immediately following Cibernetico’s departure from AAA due to Konnan taking control of the promotion, Konnan offered El Zorro the AAA World Heavyweight Title, but El Zorro refused and preferred to win the belt in the ring. At Guerra De Titanes, El Zorro lost to El Mesias in a match for the vacated title.

7. La Sombra - Regarded by many as the future of CMLL. At 19, La Sombra had an amazing 2008, coming off a strong showing in 2007. Held both the NWA World Welterweight Title and Mexican National Trios Titles (w/ Sagrado & Volador Jr.) througout 2008. Defended his Welterweight Title against Sangre Azteca, Ephesto, Misterioso II and Mephisto. Match against Ephesto on December 7th was a match of the year candidate. Also won the Trofeo Santiago de Queretaro in a torneo cibernetico in July. La Sombra was also a top challenger for Sangre Azteca’s NWA Welterweight Title. In November, La Sombra and Metalik (Mascara Dorada) won the Torneo Corona held in Guadalajara against Ultimo Guerrero and Olimpico. They had to fight twice due to the first match ending in a DDQ. With the numerous CMLL departures in late 2008, La Sombra became a regular semi-main and main-eventer. One of the best high-flyers in Mexico and his mask and overall look reminds me a bit of the late Oro.

6. Averno - Mistico’s long-time and biggest rival. Matches against Mistico usually result with Averno in the losing end. Held the NWA World Middleweight Title throughout 2008 and with long-time partner, Mephisto, twice won the CMLL World Tag Team Titles. Feuded with Hector Garza and Mistico over the Tag Team Titles. Averno and Mephisto, known as a tag team as Los Sicarios del Infierno, both also joined Los Perros Del Mal in early 2008. As previously mentioned, he was also part of the victorious World X Cup in TNA. When Perro Jr. and other members of PdM quit CMLL, Averno and Mephisto decided to regroup with Ephesto and former Perros, El Texano Jr. and El Terrible, to form La Jauria del Terror (group also known as Los Hijos Del A Ver No). One of the best workers in the world.

5. El Hijo Del Perro Aguayo - Started 2008 with his ongoing feud with Mistico in CMLL. Added new members to the Perros Del Mal faction, including Averno and Mephisto, which resulted in problems between Perro Jr. and Hector Garza. They had a split that resulted in them having a hair match at the 3/21/08 PPV. Perro Jr. came out victorious in the match. Continued to feud with all the top CMLL tecnicos, but his top rivals were Garza, Mistico, Marco Corleone and Dr. Wagner Jr. Also saved his hair in a 3-way match involving Heavy Metal and Toscano (he lost the match). Lost to Mistico in the Finals for the Leyenda de Plata trophy. Missed a few months with an injury, but made a few appearances with fellow Perros Del Mal members and was the second to Villano V in the big mask match at the 75th anniversary show. In October, Hijo del Perro Aguayo announced he would form his own lucha libre promotion and would no longer be a part of CMLL. The rumor originally was that Perro Jr. would form this new promotion and at some point he and those who were in his promotion would have an interpromotional feud with CMLL (kind of like, New Japan vs. UWF, WCW vs. NWO, AAA vs. LLL, etc.), but CMLL soon decided to break any relationship with Perro Jr. by not allowing any of their wrestlers to appear on his shows. Promociones Perros Del Mal ran their first show in December 2008. Has all the tools you look for when searching for a great wrestler as he is very charismatic and a great worker.

4. Cibernetico - Finished 2007 getting thrown through a flaming table by El Mesias and the first part of the year he spent vowing revenge on El Mesias. Teamed with Hellbrothers partners, Charly Manson and Chessman against Konnan’s Foreign Legion, El Mesias and La Secta. At Rey de Reyes, Cibernetico beat El Mesias for the AAA World Heavyweight Title. After the match, he doused El Mesias with lighter fluid and Charly Manson handed him a torch, but Cibernetico showed El Mesias some mercy and decided not to light him on fire. This decision caused a rift between Cibernetico and Chessman, who felt Cibernetico should have paid El Mesias back for his crime (i.e. an eye for an eye). Charly Manson suffered an injury early in the year that kept him out of action for all of 2008 and that had a huge effect on the other Hellbrothers. Feuded with El Zorro and El Mesias all the way up to Triplemania where he beat El Zorro. The friction between Cibernetico and Chessman continued throughout the first half of the year. In August, they teamed a few times and argued during every match. Then Chessman turned on Cibernetico, which led to a World Title match at Verano de Escandalo which Cibernetico won. Continued to feud with Chessman, El Mesias, El Zorro, Konnan and his Foreign Legion. When Konnan won his match to gain control of AAA, Cibernetico immediately informed Joaquin Roldan that he not only was vacating the World Title, but he was also quitting AAA. During his final AAA appearance, Cibernetico was seen wearing a Perros Del Mal T-Shirt. He immediately agreed to work for the new promotion created by El Hijo Del Perro Aguayo. There were reports that Cibernetico’s departure from AAA were due to his problems with Konnan, but judging by the way the top angle was heading it appeared that Cibernetico was merely leaving to return later in 2009. He’s a horrible worker, but has tons of charisma and is among the 5 best promos in all of Mexico and fortunately in AAA, he didn’t wrestle that much since his matches usually consist of 50% promo, 25% wrestling, and 25% run-ins and even more post match promos.

3. Mistico - Not only the biggest tecnico in CMLL, but in all of Mexico. He’s also the top draw in Mexico. Spent 2008 feuding with practically every headlining rudo in CMLL, from Averno, Mephisto, Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Mr. Niebla, Black Warrior, Ultimo Guerrero, Atlantis and anyone who these guys team with, be it in their regular faction or just for the helluva it. Won the Leyenda de Plata Final over El Hijo del Perro Aguayo. On March 10, 2008, with Hector Garza beat Averno & Mephisto to become the CMLL World Tag Team Champions. Followed that up the following month with a title defense against the ex-champs, only to have the commission rule the titles vacant after that match. They had a rematch one month later and again Garza & Mistico reclaimed the titles. They eventually lost the tag titles in December 2008 to Averno & Mephisto. Don’t cry for Mistico because he holds a lot of titles already and if there’s a match with a big shiny trophy, odds are he’ll win that too. Also teamed with Blue Panther and Dos Caras Jr. to challenge for the trios titles in tecnico vs. tecnico matches early in the year. On August 24, 2008, Mistico suffered a fractured collarbone that kept him out of action for 3-months. He was the second to Blue Panther in his mask match against Villano V. During his absence along with the injury and departure of El Hijo del Perro Aguayo, CMLL attendance slipped. Made his in-ring return for CMLL in November. Attendance slipped despite his return. Don’t know if its due to CMLL hitting a down cycle or the economy. One of the best high flyers in the world.

2. Ultimo Guerrero - Excellent worker and the leader of Los Guerreros Del Atlantida. Lost the CMLL Tag Team Titles with Atlantis early in 2008 to Averno & Mephisto. During the summer, as part of a CMLL-TNA agreement, he worked shows for TNA as a member of Team Mexico. Along with Rey Bucanero, Averno and Volador Jr., they were victorious in the World X Cup. As part of the agreement, TNA stars appeared at Arena Mexico. First competing in the Gran Prix and this resulted in a rivalry between Ultimo Guerrero and TNA wrestler, Alex Shelley. In early August, along with Atlantis & Negro Casas won the CMLL Trios Titles. He later saved Blue Panther from an attack by Los Villanos and he, Blue Panther and a few others briefly formed the Los Laguneros faction. Spent 2008 as one of Dos Caras Jr’s top rivals for the CMLL World Heavyweight Title and on December 22, 2008, Ultimo Guerrero won the belt.

1. Blue Panther - Started the year in similar fashion as a headliner for CMLL working semi- and main event matches. On July 5, 2008, he took the mask of Tigre Universitario at Arena Monterrey’s Ruleta de la Muerte. He also spent most of the year feuding with Villano V with the feud climaxing to a mask match at the 75th Anniversary show, in which Blue Panther lost, to the surprise of many lucha fans. There was some minor controversy as there were a few people who thought Villano IV had replaced Villano V during the match, but CMLL never went with that angle. With Blue Panther losing his mask, many felt he’d be put in the back-burner by CMLL, but what followed were some strong showings by Blue Panther in singles matches against Villano V, Averno and Mr. Niebla. Also won the Copa Diablo Velasco in Guadalajara. The Villanos-Blue Panther feud continued throughout the later part of the year and it resulted in the brief formation of Los Laguneros featuring Blue Panther, Ultimo Guerrero and others from that part of Mexico joining forces to feud with Los Villanos and the remaining members of Los Perros Del Mal (who changed their names various times from La Jauria del Terror to Los Hijos del A Ver No). Continues to be one of the best all-around workers in Mexico despite being in his late forties.

Credit to Alfonso Benitez Bustos, Alfonso Lizarraga, Ariel Orah, Avellanda, Box y Lucha, Diego Mejía Eguiluz, Hector Albores, Juan Manuel Aguirre, RFC

NEWS

El Angel told Box y Lucha recently that he almost had a heart attack on the TV taping in Celaya on 2/17 as he passed out in the ring twice after trying to continue wrestling after he passed out the first time. Angel says that he has a cardiac arrhythmia that causes a heart attack if he doesn’t get the oxygen he needs to stay conscious. Angel said that he was very afraid that if he didn’t get the oxygen when he did then he could’ve had some serious problems but he was lucky and hopes that it doesn’t happen again.

For anyone intrested in learning more about this condition I have included a link to the wikipedia article about it. Here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiac_arrhythmia

There certainly is a lot of information to look at when it comes to this kind of condition. I haven't been able to read the entire article but one would think that with this kind of condition El Angel would have chosen a different profession. But when you love something you go for it, I hope he takes better care of himself in the future and is more careful of this condtion and does what is necessary to keep it in check. A person's health is not soemthing they should should thrown by the wayside like its no big deal. I hope this doesn't happen to him again. You would also think losing the mask (a big deal I know) would be better for him as it covers his face completley and would make it harder for him to breathe. But he has stuck it out for this long and this is the first major problem I have read of him having this affect him to such a degree so it must be okay for the most part. I hope he takes it a little easier in the next month or so to give him some kind of time to recover.

RESULTS

EMLL 3/3 – Arena Mexico drawing 5,000 fans (Fan Appreciation Show)
1. Angel Azteca Jr./Astro Boy/Starman beat El Bronco/Caligula/Messala and Bronco ripped off Starman’s mask after the match.
2. Fabian el Gitano/Flash/Stuka Jr. defeated Arkangel de la Muerte/Dr. X/Escandalo
3. La Mascara/Mascara Dorada/Maximo beat Felino/Shigeo Okumura/Virus
4. Atlantis/Negro Casas/Rey Bucanero defeated Hector Garza/Mistico/Volador Jr.
5. CMLL Heavyweight Title: Ultimo Guerrero beat Shocker to retain his title.

Independent 3/1 – Arena Coliseo de Coacalco (Dia de la Familia)
1. Blacky & Flor Azteca beat Dalton & Lady Niebla
2. Fire Fox & Maverick defeated Impulso & Wotam
3. Daga/Eterno/Viento Negro beat Huizar/Judas el Traidor/Latin Brother by DQ when Judas ripped off Viento’s mask.
4. Atlantis & Magnifico defeated Fabian el Gitano & Hijo del Faraon
5. Mascara contra Caballera: Cyrus beat Betos Boy who was shaved afterwards.

Independent 3/1 – Arena Coliseo de Tulancingo (Dia de la Familia)
1. Mascarita Sagrada/Mini Crazy Boy/Pequeno Gladiador beat Black Master/Mini Charly Manson/Mini Psicosis
2. Billy Boy & La Diabolica defeated Gran Apache & Sexy Star
3. The Psycho Circus (Killer Clown/Psycho Clown/Zombie Clown) beat Crazy Boy/Pesadilla/Violento Jack but the DTU guys stayed in the ring after the match for 10+ minutes signing autographs for the fans.
4. Gronda II & Sexi Boy defeated Konnan & Psicosis with Konnan playing around with the fans most of the match.

Independent 3/3 – Arena Aficion de Pachuca
1. Mini Bestia Magnifica & Mini Boriqua beat Mini Flash & Mini Vagabundo
2. Afrodita & Star Fire defeated Fugivita & Zeuxis
3. Enrique Vera & Hijo del Enrique Vera beat Maldito Jr. & Negro Navarro
4. Euforia/Nosferatu/Pandemonium defeated Angel de Oro/Arenita/Neutron

IWRG 3/1 – Arena Naucalpan (Dia de la Familia)
1. Galactik beat Soldado del Diablo
2. Imperio Azteca & Vampiro Metalico defeated Fenix & Miss Gaviota even after Vampiro injured his knee in the 3rd fall.
3. Black Terry/Capitan Muerte/Xibalba beat Chico Che/Eragon/Trauma I
4. Freelance/Pendulo/Zatura defeated Avisman/Fantasma de la Opera/Tetsuya Bushi
5. Hijo del Cien Caras & Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr. beat Los Head Hunters I y II by DQ due to excessive violence. Dinamita Jrs demanded the Head Hunters face them for the IWRG Intercontinental Tag Titles afterwards.

Promociones Cantu 3/2 – Arena Cuatro Caminos de Nuevo Laredo
1. Hipnosis & Hombre de Negro beat Anubis & Insolito
2. Cinthia Moreno & Tiffany defeated Fabi y Mari Apache
3. Principe Diamante/Street Boy/Pimpinela Escarlata beat Black Mamba/Oscuridad/Violento
4. Hijo del Pirata Morgan/El Poder Norte (Rio Bravo/Tito Santana/Tigre Cota) defeated Babe Rap/Estrella Universal/Hombre sin Miedo/Laredo Kid
5. Relevos Increibles: Dr. Wagner Jr./Pirata Morgan/Silver King beat La Parka Jr./Electroshock/Zorro

Promociones RAMS 3/1 – Gimnasio Flores Magon de Oaxaca (Dia de la Familia)
1. Atomic Boy & La Parkita beat Mascarita de la Muerte & Mini Chessman
2. Jesse & Yuriko defeated Argenis & Super Fly
3. Handicap Match: Charly Manson & El Mesias beat Electroshock/Escoria/Ozz with help from some steel chairs.
4. Octagon & La Parka Jr. defeated Kenzo Suzuki & Zorro

Toryumon Mexico 3/1 – Arena Coliseo (Dia de la Familia)
1. Las Traumas I y II beat Ministro & Super Camaleon
2. Pequeno Damian 666 & Universito Dos Mil defeated Iguanita & Pequeno Ninja after Iguanita turned on him and Ninja was stretchered out after being destroyed by the other 3.
3. Solar I beat Negro Navarro in the best match of the night as usual with the fans throwing pesos in the ring afterwards.
4. Escandalo/Loco Max/Shigeo Okumura defeated Adam Bridle/Durango Kid/?
5. Caballera contra Caballera: Hajime Ohara beat Brazo de Platino and after the match Ultimo Dragon with his arm in a sling after shoulder surgery challenged Ohara to a mascara contra caballera match on 5/9 at Arena Mexico on the Dragonmania show.

Wagnermania 3/1 – Arena Lopez Mateos (Dia de la Familia)
1. Chico del Barrio & Yakuza beat Angel o Demonio & Carta Brava Jr.
2. Rey Krimen/Sepulturero/Terry Dos Mil defeated Epitafio/Herejia/Rocky Santana
3. Bugambilla & Rossy Moreno beat Caricia & Esther Moreno
4. Cuadrangular de Parejas – Semifinals: Scorpio Jr. & Zumbido defeated Hijo del Cien Caras & Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr.
5. Cuadrangular de Parejas – Semifinals: Super Calo & Veneno beat Intocable & Yakuza
6. Cuadrangular de Parejas – Finals: Scorpio Jr. & Zumbido defeated Super Calo & Veneno – Zumbido then challenged Calo to a hair match afterwards but Intocable came out and brawled with Zumbido setting up their hair match on 3/20 at Arena San Juan Pantitlan.
7. Dr. Wagner Jr. & Olimpico beat Canek & Cibernetico by DQ when Ciber fouled Doc. Ciber & Olimpico both turned on their partners here and pounded on them until Blue Demon Jr. & Hijo del Canek (who both weren’t even booked on the card) made the save.

Credit to AAA, Antonio Ortega, Box y Lucha, EMLL, IWRG, RFC

NEWS

Mistico was asked yesterday about his thoughts of who would win the big mask match between Ultimo Guerrero & Villano V on 3/20 at Arena Mexico and he said that both men are top fighters who are very committed to their profession so he expects a hard fought battle. Mistico went on to say that he doesn’t know who would come out on top but he wants to put his mask up against the winner and he said that his great rival Ultimo Guerrero would be the best choice for him personally. Mistico then turned his attention to his big match on the show where he will defend his CMLL Welterweight Title against Negro Casas and said that Negro really wanted Mistico to put his mask on the line but he didn’t want that match although if Negro wants to put his hair on the line then he would think about it.

He may as well look at getting someone else's mask since Atlantis turned him down flat. I do hope that Ultimo Guerrero wins the match and takes Villano V's mask. As for his match against Negor Casas, why would Negro Casas want Mistico to put his mask on the line when he was already putting the belt up? That would be stupid to put your title up along with your mask. That is best left for a seperate match. Thats is putting to much on your plate and I hope that Mistico doesn't go that route.

Mistico then was asked about the fans booing him at shows and Mistico said that it doesn’t bother him at all as the fans do what they want but he did admit that the boos motivate him to perform to the best of his ability to change their opinion. Mistico said that the booing has grown over the years which has made his desire to succeed grow just as much and he has seen that the booing has made some of his fellow wrestlers lose their concentration in the ring so he treats boos as applause now as it is the reaction that counts.

Don't expect it to slow down anytime soon buddy.....

RESULTS

AAA 3/4 – Auditorio Miguel Barragan de San Luis Potosi (TV taping)
1. Gato Eveready/Gran y Fabi Apache beat Billy Boy/Oriental/Cinthia Moreno even after Gran Apache was stretchered out due to Billy Boy destroying his knee with chair shots.
2. Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario defeated Crazy Boy & Ultimo Gladiador when Lider fouled Crazy behind the ref’s back.
3. #1 Contenders Match for the AAA Tag Titles: The Hart Foundation 2.0 (Jack Evans & Teddy Hart) beat Alex Koslov & Sean Waltman after Nikki distracted Koslov.
4. Electroshock/Silver King/Zorro defeated Abismo Negro/Charly Manson/La Parka Jr.
5. Handicap Match: Chessman & Konnan beat El Mesias with help from the rest of La Legion and Arturo Rivera who also beat on Joaquin Roldan.

Why in the blue hell are they trying to have Rivera interfere in matches? Not only is this a dumb idea but I hardly think that makes this angle interesting. ALthough I am still confused as to whether or not Chessman is part of La Legion. I really hope not as he is fine on his own. He doesn;t need to be aligned with them as they do nothing for his career.

EMLL 3/1 – Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara (Dia de la Familia, Fan Appreciation Show)
1. Principe Leon beat Novato
2. Metal Blanco defeated Acertijo
3. Angel del Mal & Drago beat El Idolo & Palacio Negro
4. Metatron & Nube Roja defeated Rey Trueno & Valentin Mayo by DQ when Mayo fouled Nube.
5. La Jauria del Terror (Damian el Terrible/Hijo del Texano/Misterioso II) beat Maximo/Sagrado/Toscano when Texano fouled Maximo and placed Terrible on top of him for the pin.
6. Hector Garza/Mistico/Volador Jr. defeated Black Warrior/Mr. Niebla/Ultimo Guerrero

EMLL 3/3 – Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1. Relampago Azul beat Hierro
2. Katana defeated Quazar
3. Astaroth beat Asesino Negro by DQ when Asesino ripped off his mask.
4. Leon Blanco defeated Mr. Rafaga
5. Metal Blanco beat Rey Trueno
6. Hijo del Fantasma & Valiente defeated Dragon Rojo & Misterioso II
7. Dos Caras Jr. & Sagrado beat Black Warrior & Sangre Azteca

I really wish I could catch more CMLL on youtube as I am getting to like it more and more. Even better than AAA. I think because they are trying to stay traditional which in a way hurts them because people are falling for the sheer stupidity that is starting to become AAA these days. In a way it also helps because they are coming off as the better promotion because they don't do all that over the top stuff that AAA does. I am really looking forward to seeing more of CMLL this year.

Monterrey 3/1 – Arena Coliseo de Monterrey (Dia de la Familia)
1. Guerrero Blanco & Invasor beat Diabolik & Thunder Brother
2. Fabi y Mari Apache defeated Cinthia Moreno & Tiffany
3. Northern Tag Titles: Karis la Momia & Virtual X beat Ejecutor & Mr. Secuestro to retain their titles.
4. Histeria & Monje Negro Jr. defeated Aguila Extrema & TDN
5. Pirata Morgan & Silver King beat Alan Stone & Pimpinela Escarlata

Norine over at wrestlingupdateonline.com has another interview up. This time with RXW's Nick Romano. I am hoping to be able to try to find some video of this promotion in Panama and be able to check it out. Hopefully Norine will be able to assist with this and I will be able to post links so people can check it out. On with the interview!

1. Can you tell us why you picked the ring name Nick Romano and can you give us your stats? How long have you worked in RXW?
Response: First of all, Thank you for the opportunity Norine. Nick Romano is actually my real name, I started out as Nick Savage but I’ve never been much of a fan of gimmicks so after a few years I changed to my real name…which I hate it in high school! but it fits for wrestling so I just went with it. I’m 6′1 and I weigh around 189 to 194 if I’m having a good day and I’ve been part of RXW since the beginning in 2007.

2. Where did you receive your wrestling training and how long have you been in the professional wrestling ring?

Response: I started my training in 2001 and I was lucky enough to get accepted in the same school that trained Panamanian wrestling legends like “El Celestial” and “El Exotico misterioso. My head trainer to this day is Jhonny “el Profe” Gonzalez and I got the chance to train everyday with Pibe from the Corruption Crew and Marabunta among others. I had my first professional match in 2007 against Angelus, PJD and El Cuervo and I’ve been wrestling ever since.

3. Who do you consider your greatest influence in professional wrestling?

Response: My trainer Jhonny Gonzales. He’s the one who gave me the chance to be myself when everyone else tried to change me into something else. He still to this day tears me a new one everytime I mess up and there’s nobody else’s opinion I respect more than his.

4. What do you consider to be your strengths in the ring?

Response: I’m not really an outgoing person, but ever since I was little I’ve been a physical performer of some kind. There’s no place on earth I feel more comfortable than in a wrestling ring and I think that shows every time I’m out there. I still have ways to go in the technical aspects of wrestling and my ring work in general and I have a lot to learn about this business but I love performing, and I hope that never changes. Oh and I can take an ass kicking like nobody’s business!

5. What do you consider to be your weaknesses in the ring?

Response: Like I said before, my ring work needs improvement. I want to be an all around complete wrestler so I need to improve my mat, aerial and power game.

6. Can you tell us what you feel was your best match and why you believe it was your best work?

Response: Well I had a pretty good one against Rikishi in front of the largest audience Panama has seen since the 70’s but my best match is definitely against Cuervo and Magneto in a triple threat match. It was during my Nick Savage days and my first ever single’s match and I got the change to work as a heel for the first time and I had a blast. Cuervo and Magneto are great workers and they had a long standing feud during that time and I came in as the “wild Card” and we clicked really well.

7. Can you tell us what you feel was your worst match and why you feel this was not your best work?

Response: I had a really crappy one against Armagedon in 2007. It was the last match before I had ACL reconstruction on my right knee that took me out of action for nearly 16 months. We had to take a bus for 10 hours to get to the gym we had the show that night and I was already feeling like hell due to severe knee pain. On top of that I drank something that gave me a severe case of the runs and the match was…well not good, and that’s not a knock against Armagedon who’s a hell of a worker and thank god we had a chance to make up for that debacle in RXW Resurrection, but yeah it was not my night.

8. Of all of the matches you have had, which of your opponents would you consider to be the toughest you ever faced? What advantages did he (or she) have during that match?

Response: Rikishi for sure. I’ve faced a lot of tough competitors during my short career: Armagedon and Marabunta; but to be face to face with a former Intercontinental Champion and a former WWE Superstar, it’s a whole other level. I’m still learning from that match even to this day and I’ll be always grateful to the Kish for making me a better wrestler that night.

9. Wrestling fans love creating fantasy matches. If it were possible for you to create your own fantasy match, which wrestler would you choose as your opponent? Why this particular opponent and what do you think the outcome of your fantasy match would be? Don’t hold back, add stipulations and make sure you give us the finishing move.

Response: Wow, that’s a tough one, 3 names come rushing into my mind right away but I have to go with Edge…I want to fight Edge! And not just any match I want to fight in my opinion the best heel in the business this past decade in a match he made famous: Tables, Ladders and Chairs OH MY!! The outcome is not important really, The things I’ll be able to learn that night will be worth the bruises and scars which I’ll display proudly and if things are not going my way, I’ll just close my eyes and hope for the best!

10. And, finally, all professional wrestlers have goals they wish to achieve. What is your ultimate goal?”

Response: I love this business, I really do and even though I want to make it and earn a living wrestling, my main goal is to never, ever disrespect it. I want to travel the world and wrestle everywhere I can and earn the respect of my colleagues and pay my respect to the people that busted their asses so I could go out every night and help people forget their worries for a couple of hours.

I want to thank you Norine, this was actually my first interview ever and I want to let everyone know that there is a new generation of Panamanian wrestlers who are getting set to conquer the wrestling world and you may not know our names yet…but very soon, you will. RESISTENCIA!…BooM

I, too, am struggling to make time for CMLL. Since I still have trouble with "masked" wrestlers, it makes it more difficult for me to keep track of who is who in each match. I still have trouble with a few of the AAA masked guys but I am getting better.

No problem when you first start to watch Lucha it gets confusing. I was really lost when I first started watching lol, and it took me minute to figure out who was who but in the end the designs of the mask really halped a lot.

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile I am going to fix that right now. I am not a happy camper and here is why!

Here are the results for the Rey De Reyes show in AAA. I amputting this in way earlier than it is going to be seen here in the states (it won;t be shown until April here) but I am mad so here it is:

03/15 AAA TV Lineup (Guadalajara) - Rey de Reyes
16th March 2009, 12:30 am
Last Updated: 1:16 AM CST

AAA TV (SUN) 03/15 Plaza de Toros Nuevo Progreso [luchalibreaaa, Box Y Lucha, LMDLL]
1) Aerostar, Fabi Apache, Gran Apache vs Billy Boy, Cinthia Moreno, Tigre Cota
2) Latin Lover b Abismo Negro, Ozz, Black Abyss [torneo, Rey de Reyes, semifinal]
3) Silver King b El Elegido, Alan Stone, Joe Lider [Rey de Reyes, torneo, semifinal]
4) Electro Shock b Octagón, Súper Fly, Nicho el Millionario [Rey de Reyes, torneo, semifinal]
5) La Parka Jr. b Super Porky, Escoria, Kenzo Suzuki [Rey de Reyes, torneo, semifinal]
6) Alex Koslov, Charly Manson, X-Pac vs Jack Evans, Teddy Hart, Zorro
7) Vampiro Marco Corleone? Vampiro b Konnan [seconds hair]
8) Electro Shock b Silver King, Latin Lover, La Parka Jr. [Rey de Reyes, final, torneo]
9) Mesias b Chessman [AAA HEAVY, cage]

Projected Air Date (#880, #881)
Mexico: 03/22, 03/29
US: 04/11, 04/18

AAA’s doing live updates - wow! - so I can do some live updates. I don’t suspect we’ll get the same thing next week. Updates as they come, and I suspect no full results until tomorrow morning.

Dr. Wagner Jr. has shown up. This must be a different Dr. Wagner than the one who’s been adamant about not joining AAA.

Good to see him in AAA but thats not why I am pissed.

Chessman has won the AAA Mega Title. Charly should’ve just let him climb the ladder at Guerra de Titanes and saved us some time. Correction: Mesias still champ.

Dammit....

Marco Corleone has jumped to AAA. It sounds as though he turned out to be Roldan’s representative, not Vampiro. (???) Marco won, of course. I can not fathom Konnan vs Marco as an actual match. Correction:Marco worked as Vampiro and Roldan’s second, helping Vampiro win. Sounds like Marco may be in D-Mex as well.

WTF? Wow so much for not going to AAA and staying in CMLL. Great like he was really needed there.

Electroshock is your 2009 Rey de Reyes, beating Latin Lover in the final. The big change on top!

Again I post WTF? HIM?! They chose HIM to be the new Rey de Reyes? Everybody chant! BULLS***! BULLS***! BULLS***!

Block A: Black Abyss beat Ozz, Abismo Negro beat Black Abyss, and Latin Lover beat his old rival Abismo Negro to take the block.

Block B: Alan Stone beat Joe Lider, Elegido beat Alan Stone, Silver King beat Elegido.

Block C: Octagon beat Nicho, and Electro beat both Octagon and Super Fly.

Block D: Super Porky was first out, and La Parka beat both Kenzo and Scoria.

No decision mentions for the D-Mex/Legion trios match, but we do know Juvi returned to AAA and joined D-Mex. The comedy potential here is off the charts.

Good God they don't want Ciber back but they are bringing Juvi back? Can someone explain who the idiot was that made this decision? Chant again! BULLS***! BULLS***! BULLS***!

Tropicasas is the new member of the AAA Hall of Fame.
Finally yeesh......

If you want to see actual wrestling with good old fashioned feuds without the ridiculous storylines watch CMLL. They are waaaaaay better than AAA in that regard. I don't know what the hell is going in AAA now but it sure seems like they are trying waaaaaay to hard to be like WWE. I am getting really frustrated by the bulls*** that is going on there now.

You bring Juvi back, you make Electroshock the new RdR, Marco Corleone is a part of AAA and more than likely is going to be in D-Mex (at least with Juvi they finally got a Mexican but they could have gotten someone better. I should try to run a poll to see how long it will take before Juvi tries to take over the group and make himself the top guy in the group. I wlill do that in my next batch of updates). Mesias is still champ (don't get me wrong I do like Mesias but Chessman deserves the belt imho), the whole storyline with Vampiro/Konnan is going nowhere, and the list goes on and on.....

Here is the cubsfan's thoughts about RdR:

five quick thoughts about Rey de Reyes
16th March 2009, 05:17 pm
While we’re all still waiting to find out how that opening trios turned out:

1) when they decided to tease Mesias vs Wagner, did they have a finish for that match in mind? Wagner’s not going to lose. AAA’s not going to give Wagner their title unless Wagner commits to stay there for a long period, and Wagner’s not down with that.

2) In a year where you’re just doing the Rey de Reyes to do it, Electroshock is actually the perfect winner. Points for existing. (And points to RL for being the only non-anonymous person to pick him.)

If you check out the photos on Box Y Lucha’s Wagner to AAA story, you can see Electroshock is among a mass of goofballs laid out from something or other. (I presume Mesias beat up 12 men by himself.) That’s probably a sign of how meaningful that win was.

3) Do all the TV tapings for the next four weeks - including the US swing, that’s the number of lineups announced right now - get torn up this week or do guys like Marco and Juvi stay out of the ring four weeks?

Whatever way, we’ll probably have a good idea of the new programs by this time next week.

4) Is Konnan still in control of AAA? Is Vampiro still commissioner? (I don’t think so)? Did Padrino disappear when no one was paying attention?

5) If we want back to Guerra de Titanes, I think you’d the depth chart would go like

Tecnicos (top 4)
- Mesias
- Latin Lover
- La Parka Jr.
- Charly Manson

Rudos (top 4)
- Konnan
- Zorro
- Chessman
- Electroshock?

and today

Tecnicos (top 4)
- Mesias
- Dr. Wagner Jr.
- Marco Corleone
- Vampiro

Rudos (top 4)
- Konnan
- Silver King
- Electroshock
- Zorro

—-

Who’s got leverage and who doesn’t can change again this Friday.

Over at Luchaworld Alfredo has posted something about recent AAA happenings so here it is:
Written By Alfredo Esparza

KrisZ will have more in his lucha report for Monday, but the big news at Rey de Reyes was ElectroShock winning Rey De Reyes! WOO HOO!!! I know everyone had that pick….

I’m kidding about my joy over that result, but he did indeed win…

The big news at the Rey De Reyes show held on Sunday (3/15/09) was that Marco Corleone jumped from CMLL to AAA. He was Joaquin Roldan’s surprise for Konnan.

The other big surprise was that Dr. Wagner Jr. also appeared at Rey de Reyes and challenged El Mesias for the AAA Mega Heavyweight Title. Prior to the challenge he attacked the Foreign Legion members. Later on, he was ’suspended’ one week by Konnan so he could think over his decision when it comes to what side/faction he’s going to be a part of.

For those wondering, that’s two guys joining AAA who had spent weeks being adament about not going to AAA. While Marco Corleone was killing rumors of his departure last year, he never said he wouldn’t jump. During an episode of the ‘A Ras de Lona’ lucha show, he had mentioned he was very pleased with CMLL (this was back around October) and would not be leaving any time soon. However, a few weeks ago on the Lucha Listen-in Podcast hosted by Tony Galvan, he had mentioned he was frustrated with the lack of opportunities in CMLL. It should be interesting to see how his jump to AAA turns out.

On the other hand, Dr. Wagner Jr. had his issues with CMLL last year and when he left first stated he wouldn’t go to AAA and worked independents, ran his shows, and also joined Promociones Perros Del Mal. A couple of weeks ago he started appearing on non-televised AAA shows (or shows promoted with AAA talent on it). His jump, while surprising, isn’t really if you consider CMLL head honcho Paco Alonso had just put Dr. Wagner Jr. on his blacklist due to Wagner’s negative comments about CMLL and for an altercation that Wagner was involved in at a CMLL show.

Juventud Guerrera also made his return to AAA proving he indeed has nine freakin’ lives! He appeared as the latest member of DeGeneration-MEX.

EDIT: Also appears Black Warrior and Axxel are out of CMLL. No word where they’re headed, but I’d assume they’ll be independents.

Well if I knew how to put up a poll I would but I don't oh well. On with the CMLL news. This is a breakdown (thanks to Robert over at luchaworld.com) of thecubsfan's blog. I figure it would be easier this way:

CMLL:

- Black Warrior officially suspended for no-showing recent shows; Poder Mexica and National Trios Titles in limbo.

- Angel Azteca Jr. subs for Marco Corleone @ Arena Mexico; Corleone had subbed for Shocker on Friday @ Arena Mexico which means nobody in CMLL knew the jump was coming.

- Tecnicos retain CMLL Trios Titles to main event fan appreciation day @ Arena Mexico; tickets half price but crowd still said to be small; not a good sign for Friday's show where prices will be tripled.

- Maximo loses hair to Texano Jr. on big Guadalajara show; crowd said to be between 4000 and 4500 which is good for the building.

Yay! I am glad Texano kept his hair. I am not a big fan of Maximo so I am glad he lost his hair.

- Axxel announces in SuperLuchas that he's done with the promotion; very few actually care; stirs up rumors that Hijo Del Santo is on his way back.

- Clearly come out looking weak as AAA loads up on stars at their expense; Fans now expecting a lot from Friday's show including at least one big surprise.

Worried about CMLL but I am definantlely going to be checking them out more. The fueds are good and they don't do stupid storylines like stealing someones ashes or bankrupting the company. Or having announcers fighting with people. I am worried they might try to change they're product to compete and I don't want to see that.

What AAA is doing reminds me of the promotion wars in the 90's. Why can't each company do their own thing without trying to put the other out of business? Both promotions have been good in the past and this is just plain stupid. I just hate the idea that we may be stuck with the WWE of Mexico (AAA) and have to deal with their God awful storylines like WWE in the states. I started watching Lucha for something different and it turns out its the same damn thing that I stopped watching WWE for.

What kind of poll would you like, what options, and what will people vote for?

Don't worry about "spam", I'll delete your post after you tell me what you want. I'll make the poll, you just tell me what you want in it.

Do you want people to see what everyone else votes for? Do you want people to vote for multiple options? What are the things people can vote for?

I just wanted a poll to see how long it would be before Juvi tries to take over D-Mex and make himself the top guy in the group. I wouldnt mind the option of people seeing what everyone else voted for. I would like multiple options like 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months and 1 year.

Or do one to see how long Juvi's run will last this time in AAA. That one might be more fun except the options in years other than months. Which ever you think will be more interesting as I am not good at this kind of thing. It is kind of a joke poll that i wanted to put in here if thats alright.

I am waiting for the site to fix some problems before I can put up an interview with one of the Luchadores named Cuervo from RXW. I will also post pics of the luchadores when the computer I am on isn't so slow. As soon as it gets fixed I will do it. While I wait here, Norine did an interview with Armagedon another Luchadore in RXW:

This is the fourth interview of members of the RXW roster. It is difficult for me to describe exactly what drew me to Armagedon. I do not know whether it was his look or his talent that first caught my eye but I knew I wanted to see more of his lucha libre style. Icily self assured and abstractly demonic, wielding his bat as if it were a battle axe, Armagedon continues to remain an enigma…

1. Can you tell us why you picked the ring name Armagedon? How long have you worked in RXW?

Response: My name comes from the sacred place where according to prophecies of ancient times, the armies of the world will converge in battle when the “end of the world” arrives. The name is called “meggido” and it’s from the book of Revelations in the Bible. Also there is a saying that “Armagedon” will be the last religion all people will join before the end of the world. Learning from different doctrines, I decided to take this name that means in other words “destruction”

2. Where did you receive your wrestling training and how long have you been in the professional wrestling ring?

Response: I started in the Robert Duran, Costalazos Academy, during that time Guapo Siniestro, was in charge (he is now in Mexico wrestling in Triple A), and Titere which was an expert on technical wrestling. I trained with them and several other wrestlers like Black Killer, Beastman, Black Warrior, Bicho Loco, Marabunta, Pesadilla, Wason among others. Of course I will always be grateful with Johnny Gonzalez who believed in me and I considered him a second father.

3. Who do you consider your greatest influence in professional wrestling?

Response: My biggest influence was my mother who always believed in me and told me to pursue my dream to become a wrestler.

4. What do you consider to be your strengths in the ring?

Response: My biggest weapon is that I’m not afraid of anything, with all my powerful moves like chokeslams, the “hammer from hell” (Tombstone Piledriver) and the top rope splash (splash from Averno) and of course my brother my trustful bat which makes me give something extra to my opponents.

5. What do you consider to be your weaknesses in the ring?

Response: I don’t have any weaknesses, because I am not afraid and do not panic.

6. Can you tell us what you feel was your best match and why you believe it was your best work?

Response: My best fight was my second one, against Magneto a very tactical wrestler, I came out on top since my mentor Johnny was with the pressure that I needed a win. It was a very hostile crowd but I was victorious in a good match.

7. Can you tell us what you feel was your worst match and why you feel this was not your best work?

Response: The worst was at Genesis 1 against several wrestlers, they unite against me and I only lasted like 4 minutes or so.

8. Of all of the matches you have had, which of your opponents would you consider to be the toughest you ever faced? What advantages did he (or she) have during that match?

Response: To this date I haven’t found a difficult opponent.

9. Wrestling fans love creating fantasy matches. If it were possible for you to create your own fantasy match, which wrestler would you choose as your opponent? Why this particular opponent and what do you think the outcome of your fantasy match would be? Don’t hold back, add stipulations and make sure you give us the finishing move.

Response: My dream match will be against Sting in a cage surrounded by fire, it will be a tie.

10. And, finally, all professional wrestlers have goals they wish to achieve. What is your ultimate goal?

Response: Be on an international company known around the world and get a title there. Thanks for this interview Norine. From your friend

Armagedon…DESTRUCTION !!!

Xavier has his AAA report up at the wrestlingobserver.com

AAA on Galavision TV report
.AAA on Galavision
By: Xavier Hernandez
Show aired on: 03/14/2009

The show starts off with the summary of last week's show. The rivlary between Konnan and Roldan had another exciting episode, which included the heel turn of Silver King. Chessman is reportedly injured, due to the fall he took, courtesy of Mesias. For this show, X-Pac gets his hands on Zorro, and a rematch between Mesias and Chessman, who's supposed to be hurt.

*In-Ring Segment: Konnan comes out with the Foregin Legion, and insults the crowd once again. The Harts raise posters, indicating the score of the latest Mexico-USA soccer game, which the Americans won, and this is to generate even more heat among the crowd. Konnan claims mexican soccer sucks, and the only way to make it succesful is to fill it with more foreign people. Konnan also blames Roldan for the fall Chessman took, because he never appreciated his talent. Konnan informs the crowd that Chessman will be out for a year, and he will show up to say good-bye to the crowd. Konnan says the will support Chessman, in case the Roldans turn their backs on him. Konnan addresses Vampiro, and he claims he has an agreement with every commission in the country. Any commissioner that changes the result of a match, will be fired. So if Vampiro changes another Legion victory into a loss, then he's out of the company. Konnan is only allowing Roldan to sit in the crowd, so he can see how Konnan controls everything, and if he gets involverd inside the ring, then Arturo Rivera will finish Roldan.

I really hope that Chessman isn't a member of La Legion because well it wouldn't make sense. He has spent the last four or five months saying he didn't want to be a part of AAA or La Legion and what changed? I thought he wanted to be partners with Psycho Circus? And the angles in AAA just keep getting more and more confusing.

*Pretaped Segment: Zorro wonders many things about human life, and he mentions X-Pac. Zorro bows to destroy Waltman once and for all, but he is interrupted by the Harts. They say they don't want any misunderstandings, and want to be on the same page. Zorro trusts the Harts, and the Harts "trust" him. Zorro leaves, but before that, he swears "he' not crazy". The Harts simply say they should play along with Zorro, but they really don't trust anyone.

Although I am glad they are doing a seperate angle with Zorro, I wish whatever they are doing with him they would let us know already. Because they have been kind of dragging this out for a little to long now.

1) RFA (Laredo Kid, El Angel, Aerostar & Gato Eveready) vs. Poder del Norte (Tigre Cota, Tito Santana, Rio Bravo) & Billy Boy

-Only Fall: Very good match. Cota and Bravo try double team, but Laredo uses aerial moves on them. Many tags are made, and Billy proves to fit the strategy of the heels. Angel is tossed out by Bravo, but he lands on Tito and Billy. Gtao jumps over Cota, and hits a Hilo on Billy. Aero hits a Plancha on Cota, but he gets caught into a Cradle Suplex by Bravo. Aero hits a dangerous second rope Hilo on Tito, who barely catches him. The heels suddenly start the group attack, and use a variety of double team moves.Billy accidentally kicks Tito, and the comeback begins. Laredo hits a sick Tornillo on the heels, but the heels bring chairs to recover control. The heels try to attack Aero, but he escapes by climbing the scafolding. Aero makes it to the top, and JUMPS OFF WITH A PLANCHA!!!! Insane move to take out Billy and Tito. Bravo connects Angel with a suicide dive, and Gato takes out Bravo with a Corkscrew Plancha. In the ring, Laredo hits the Moonsault Slam on Cota, and makes him tap out to a modified Dragon Sleeper. Excellent opener, and by far the best match of the year in this company.

Winners: Laredo Kid, El Angel, Aerostar & Gato Eveready

Well this must be the beginning of a new feud as I stated before, I really haven't watched Poder del Norte to much but from the little I have seen they seem to gel pretty well as a unit. I am still not sure if Gato Eveready is a part of La Real Fuerza Aerea now, if not I think he should be because he seems to work well with them also.

*Pretaped Segment: Fly cuts a promo with the Mexican Powers, and says he wants Electro one-on-one. But he also says he wants the MPs to join the AAArmy. Both Crazy and Gladiador say they're glad to join the army to fight the Legion, and the want to take out the Harts. On the other hand, Electroshock says he's joining forces with the Harts to finish off the MPs, and the loser of Fly.

2) Super Fly, Crazy Boy & Ultimo Gladiador vs. Electroshock, Teddy Hart & Jack Evans (w/Nikki)

-Only Fall: Hard European Uppercuts by Teddy on Gladiador to start the match, followed by a hard Powerslam, for a two count. The tecnico replies with hard strikes, but Teddy applies a Fujiwara Armbar. Evans and Crazy get inside the ring, and chaos takes place. The MPs apply double team moves, but Electro slows them with powerhouse maneuvers. Fly tags in to attack Electro with flying moves. The MPs attack Electro again, but the Harts tag in as well. Fly applies a Single Leg Crab on Teddy, but Nikki breaks the hold. Electro accidentally slaps Nikki, and the comeback begins. The MPs make Teddy powerbomb his own girl, and the Canadian is very pissed off. Fly tries a Hilo, but misses and Electro gives him a chairshot. Crazy doesn't miss, and hits Electro with a Moonsault. Teddy connects with the Sitdown Moonsault, and Gladiador does a Tornillo. Evans closes with a sick Springboard 450 Splash on everyone. In the ring, Electro hits a Gutwrench Suplex off the top, and pins Fly after a Top Rope Senton. Another strong match.

Winners: Electroshock, Teddy Hart & Jack Evans

Honestly I am getting tired of seeing the Mexican Powers go against Hart Foundation 2. They have been in matches against each other since I believe Triplemania and its getting kinda old. They need some fresh feuds in AAA right now as everything has gotten kind of stale but that happens in any kind of wrestling.

*Noti AAA:
-A little recap of Charlie Manson's injuries and how he continues in the business. After 10 months of inactivity, Charlie Manson returns to the ring.
-Silver King cuts apormo, explaining why he joined the Legion. Silver is international, and he cares about money. Plus, he has personal issues with Roldan and Parka. Long Live, Silver King!!!!
-Marisela Roldan addresses Konnan again, and wants him to face her once and for all, because he need to explain his actions with the company's budget.

*Promo Video: This one hypes the rivalry between Chessman and Vampiro, and how Konnan and Roldan slowly got involed in it. Or we should say, the feud was integrated into this never-eding feud of Roldan and Konnan. X-Pac cuts a promo, and says he's excited to finally take his anger on Zorro.

3) Zorro vs. X-Pac

-Only Fall: Decent bout for a Zorro singles match. Zorro uses many submission maneuvers to slow Waltman down, but the American replies with hard strikes. Waltman lands outside, and when he tries to get in, he is superkicked by Zorro. Leaping Sunset Flip by Waltman, only for a two count. Zorro misses the Triangle Kick, and Waltman misses the Bronco Buster as well. Series of hard kicks by Waltman, and the Bronco Buster finally connects. Waltman hits the X-Factor, and covers Zorro, but Konnan breaks the pin. Waltman grabs the kendo stick and and takes out all of the Legion. Konnan throws a chair at waltman, and Zorro recovers his cane to hit Waltman Zorro delivers hard shots on Waltman's back. Konnan gets on the mic, and says Waltman just became an example of what happens to anyone that defies the Legion.

Winner: NO CONTEST

No contest? WHACK!

-Aftermath: This brings Vampiro out to confront Konnan. Konnan tells if he touches any member of the Legion, then he's fired. Even Rivera leaves the announce table to get involved with Roldan and Vampiro. The legion keeps teasing Vampiro, but Vampiro finally explodes and chases Rivera. Backstage, Vampiro tells Roldan he can't take it anymore, but Roldan begs him to calm down. Roldan says he has another ace under his sleeve, and calls someone.

*Pretaped Segment: Mesias doesn't regret his actions last week. He's proud of waht he did to Chessman, and if he shows up again, then Mesias will finish him once and for all.

*in-Ring Segment: Konnan is very pissed off at Mesias for waht he did to Chessman. Wrestlers may be allowed to beat each other in different ways, but Mesias attempted to kill the career of a wrestler by tossing him off a second floor. Chessman comes out with a crutch to face Mesias. Konnan says the legion will support him no matter what. Mesias says he doesn't care about waht happened to Chessman, nor what Konnan says. Mesias tells Chessman he suffered the consequences of facing the best wrestler around. Mesias says he's on top of the food chain, whether he likes it or not. Obviously this was a set up, and Chessman hits Mesias with the crutch. This leads to....

4) Mesias vs. Chessman

-Only Fall: Chessman uses the crutch to attack Mesias even more, and the champ is bleeding. Chessman now brings a chair and adds it to the list of devices to attack his enemy. Mesias makes the comeback with a huge Powerslam. The battle transfers to ringside, where Chessman continues the assault on Mesias. Chessman clotheslines the champ into the crowd, and this takes the shape of last week's match. Both men decide to return to the ring to finish the match. Mesias makes another comeback with heavy blows, but Chessman pins him with a Spear.

Winner: Chessman

-Aftermatth: The Legion returns to the ring, and they raise the hand of Chessman. So this is the second reinforcement of the Legion, with Silver King being the first one. The Legion attacks Mesias, but Vampiro returns to the ring one more time. He says that after 20 years of wrestling, he's never had such hatred towards a wrestler. Vampiro doesn't want to be Commisioner, and swears he will beat the ***** out of Konnan. That's because he's with the AAArmy. The crowd is behind the Canadian, and Konnan flees the ring with his comrades.

Again I post whack! What is going on with Chessman would the brotha make up his mind what he wants to do? He wants to team up with Los Payasos but now he is with La Legion? Confused doesn't begin to describe what I am right now lol. I really hope he isn't with them, because then the whole storyline he has been in for the past five months or so has been really kind of pointless. But that seems to be the general theme in AAA these days I guess.....

*Pretaped Segment: Alan and Abismo cut the same tipical promo, and Abismo swears he will beat Abyss, but he can't get along with his nemesis Latin Lover. Alan tells Abismo to put his issues with Latin aside, and focus more on the battle with the Legion. Abismo says he will do it only for the sake of the company.

5) Latin Lover, Abismo Negro & Alan Stone vs. Konnan, Black Abyss & Kenzo Suzuki

-Only Fall: Usual main event, nothing new regarding in-ring performance. The legion ambush the tecnicos, the comeback takes place, and Latin pins Abyss with La Casita.

Winners: Latin Lover, Abismo Negro & Alan Stone

-Aftermath: Abismo still refuses to get along with Latin, but the Legion enters the ring to attack the tecnicos. This brings out Mesias with chair in hand to help his friends. But the Legion also assaults him. This brings out CHARLIE MANSON with a new look, and he cleans house with the Legion. I can't believe that one man can take out 7 men. But it makes Manson look pretty strong and is a great way to build his return. The Legion flees, and Manson celebrates with the tecnicos.

Thats okay Abismo Latin gets on my nerves too, I kind of wish they would have left him solo, I think they have way to many factions in AAA right now. Its like the NWO of WCW where they had thrity guys in the same group and they broke off into NWO:black & white, NWO:red & black, NWO:pink& black, NWO:eek:range & black or however many they had then. Seriousley Konnan let it go stop trying to bring back the glory days of the NWO by trying to do it in AAA now.

I was very excited by Charly's return but I did notice by the end of him cleaning house he looked like he was limping a little, I really hope he didn't come back to soon but who knows? I do like his new look (basically he just painted his whole upper body white and he is more generous with the black paint around his eyes.) and hope that he can keep himself healthy from now on. I really hope this leads to big things for him (like maybe a heavyweight title reign maybe? Okay I can dream alright? I know they will never do that for him but its a nice though anyway) in the future.

It also would have beend nice to see the mini's. They don't get enough tv time and when in the blue hell is mini Charly going to defend his belt. i thought for sure this was the start of a feud between Mini Abismo and Mini Charly but I guess not.....

FINAL COMMENTS: Overall a good show. Two great matches, followed two average single matches, and your epic main event. The first match was dam impressive, and I dare to say the opner was way better than all of the main event matches of the year so far. Eight guys putting a fantastic show, and that match had me on the edge of my seat, which is quite unusual. The highlight of the show was not only Charlie Manson's return, but Aerostar's breath-taking jump has the true highlight.

I apologize for not posting any new reorts in awhile as I ahve had a recent death in the family. When I did come on the internet Iread about Abismo Negro's passing a few days ago. Here is what they have over at luchaworld.com about it:

Written By Kris Zellner

NEWS:

RIP Abismo Negro 1971-2009

Maria Elena Ibarra broke the story last night on noroeste.com that the body of Andres Palomque Gonzalez also known as Abismo Negro was found in a river near Mazatlan at 1:30 PM after supposedly having a nervous breakdown on a bus where he forced the driver to pull over. Gonzalez was very despondent at the scene and no one knows what really happened other than he fell into the river and was trapped in the mud thus couldn’t get out. Gonzalez sent a text message to his wife telling her that he was lost in the hills by the river and she got in touch with Vicente Martinez who is the local promoter in Mazatlan who began the search. The search party showed up after going around the local towns showing photos of him trying to get any information and they eventually found his body floating down the river by a bridge. The body was then exhumed from the river and was positively identified as Gonzalez by Jesus Lopez who is the local coroner and he determined that Gonzalez had an anxiety attack which led to the events that caused him to get stuck in the river. Lopez then said that anabolic steroids that Abismo had been supposedly taking at the time could’ve triggered the attack. I’m not sure if they will continue an investigation on this or not or whether there will be an official autopsy.

Televisa broke the news nationally last night and AAA soon followed on their website but neither had any more details. There are tons of rumors going around on whether the death was natural or foul play being involved which considering Gonzalez’s past is definitely an option. Gonzalez was 37-years-old.

This is what thecubsfan has on the story:

Abismo Negro (1971-2009)
22nd March 2009, 11:51 pm
A very brief story on noroeste says Abismo Negro has passed away. LMDLL’s RFC is also reporting his death, which is enough to cause me to believe it (though there’s a small hope this may be a hoax.) Edit: RFC found another person who’d confirm it. That’s the end of the hope.

The complete noroeste story:

El luchador profesional, Abismo Negro, murió esta madrugada en el municipio de El Rosario al parecer ahogado en el río. Su cuerpo fue encontrado esta tarde. Al parecer el luchador iba con rumbo a la Ciudad de México cuando decidió bajarse en este municipio; las autoridades ya investigan el hecho.

Translated:

The professional wrestler, Abyss Black, died this morning in the town of El Rosario allegedly drowned in the river. His body was found this afternoon. Apparently the fighter was heading to Mexico City when he decided to stop in this town, the authorities are already investigating the incident.

The last time we heard about Abismo Negro, is when he didn’t make the show Friday night in Madero. This would’ve been Sunday morning. Abismo certainly had his personal issues take over his life the last few years, though we have no idea if this has anything to do with those.

Abismo Negro was one of only three remaining wrestlers in the company who were on the debut show in May of 1992. (Octagon and Jerrito Estrada are the others, and Pepe Casas and Tirantes were two of the referees on that show.) Abismo was debuting as Winners at that point, and is a rare wrestler who’s succeeded under two different gimmicks; it’ll may only now be publicly acknowledged Winners became Abismo.

The Abismo Negro gimmick is as identifiably a part of AAA as any. A lot of that is owed to Antonio Pena’s design, but a significant credit must go to man under the mask, who made the character larger than life. Abismo was a top rudo for AAA at many points during his run, so much so that he gained fan following (which caused at least one ill advised tecnico turn) and cross over work on other Televisa shows.

The mask of Abismo Negro is a symbol of AAA. It’s already scheduled to live on as part of the anime later this year, and the video game for next year. Abismo was scheduled to be a big part of the US Tour the next two weeks. I don’t know what they can do with that gimmick now - I think Black Abyss has to disappear for a while (and probably come back as something else), and I think no one can appear as Abismo Negro for a good long time, but I don’t what we’ll think about all this in two weeks. The Abismo Negro name will never go away thanks to those who worked to make it mean something, but I don’t think even the open minded AAA fans would accept anyone else under that mask maybe for years to come.

Edit: 907am - Noroeste has updated it’s story with details of Abismo’s death. In usual Mexican newspaper fashion, this article includes a picture of Abismo’s body, as they found it.

Let me see if I can get this straight: Abismo is believed to have had a panic attack, ordered the driver to stop (driver later reported the incident to the authorities, which caused the search for him), wandered off, text messages his wife that he was lost in the mountain, and was found in the river.

3/23/09
AAA mentions Abismo Negro’s passing on their website (and passed the story along to a sports recap show last night), but the link to the article (and others on the site) was non-functional last I check. The press department is saying it was a heart attack that killed Abismo, and I guess a heart attack could’ve been mistaken as the panic attack which caused him to get off the bus, but it’s probably not that simple. If you missed it, Noroeste updated their story late last night (though it looks like the site is getting overwhelmed with traffic at the moment.)

Luchando Libre has a good collection of Abismo Negro videos. SuperLuchas has his Abismo’s last interview on Tercera Caida and an obit.

3/24/09
There will be a service for Abismo today at six pm in Mexico City, so those he worked with can see him off one last time. He’s expected to be taken from there to Villahermosa, the town he was born in, to be buried.

The family identified the body yesterday, and both them and the local promoters (one of which helped search for him) have decided to say no more about the circumstances of Abismo’s death.

A wire story of his death, based off the original noroeste story and AAA’s press release about Abismo’s death has been in many papers the last two days. The second day stories are more pointing out how what AAA is saying for cause of death (heart attack) doesn’t match the noroeste story, though they have no information about why there’s that difference. The noroeste story also included a line from the local coroner suggesting steroids played a part, but that would have to be a guess on his part at this point since figuring out that sort of information usually takes much larger (if they seek it out at all - Figure Four Weekly says there will be no autopsy or further investigation at this point.)

EDIT: Tabasco Hoy (warning, here’s the picture of Abismo’s body again) says there was an autopsy done, and the official cause of death has been ruled to be drowning. There’s no clairfaction of any drugs in his system.

AAA says they found out about Abismo’s death around the end of the Monterrey taping (which caused them to cancel a post-show photo session with fans.)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Andres Palomque Gonzalez. Rest in Peace Abismo Negro you will be greatly missed.....

I have decided to try and catch up on all the lucha reports I have missed out on in the past week or so. I hope the mods don't mind me not posting much of my own thoughts as I am still in shock over Abismo's passing and a really bummed out by it. If some of these are posted here already I apologize as I haven't looked back to see where I left off:

3/16/09
Credit to AAA, Black Terry Jr, Box y Lucha, EMLL, Ernesto Ocampo, fusdrel, Jorge Marron, Omar Quezada, RFC, Wendy Gonzalez, Yosoyelkiss

NEWS

Axel told Super Luchas in their latest issue that he has left EMLL due to them not booking him over the past few months especially since he worked opposite EMLL during the lucha festival in Guadalajara. Axel said that they had approved of him taking indy bookings but they weren’t too hot on him competing directly against them. Axel then said that since then no one had contacted them and felt that another reason why he was let go was because he refused to sign over the rights to his gimmick.

There is a lot of talk going on right now that Black Warrior has been suspended indefinitely by EMLL after getting into a verbal altercation with EMLL President Paco Alonso after he initially suspended him for no-showing events and overall lack of discipline. El Black worked EMLL’s show in Guadalajara yesterday so he isn’t gone from there yet but there are rumors going around that he is in negotiations with Los Perros del Mal about working for them.

RESULTS

AAA 3/15 – Plaza de Toros Nuevo Progreso de Guadalajara drawing 5,000 fans (Rey de Reyes)
1. Aero Star/Gran y Fabi Apache beat Billy Boy/Tigre Cota/Cinthia Moreno
2. Rey de Reyes – Block A: Latin Lover defeated Abismo Negro to advance. Other participants: Black Abyss & Ozz
3. Rey de Reyes – Block B: Silver King beat Elegido to advance. Other participants: Alan Stone & Joe Lider
4. Rey de Reyes – Block C: Electroshock defeated Super Fly to advance. Other participants: Octagon & Nicho el Millionario
5. Rey de Reyes – Block D: La Parka Jr. beat Kenzo Suzuki to advance. Other participants: Escoria & Psycho Clown
6. Alex Koslov/Charly Manson/Sean Waltman defeated The Hart Foundation 2.0 (Jack Evans & Teddy Hart)/Zorro after Juventud Guerrera made his debut as a member of D-MEX and helped them win.
7. Caballera contra Caballera: Vampiro (Joaquin Roldan’s hair on the line) beat Konnan (Arturo Rivera’s hair on the line) after Marco Corleone made his debut and helped Vamp win. Marco is also a new member of D-MEX.
8. Rey de Reyes – Finals: Electroshock defeated Latin Lover to win the tournament. Other participants: La Parka Jr. & Silver King
9. Steel Cage Match for the AAA World Heavyweight Title: El Mesias beat Chessman to retain his title. Dr. Wagner Jr. made his debut afterwards challenging Mesias to a shot at his title but he isn’t aligned with La Legion though as he brawled with members of the faction. Konnan told Wagner that he has one week to decide what faction he would be a part of in AAA but Roldan told Konnan that Doc is firmly with AAA.

EAW 3/14 – Auditorio Jose Maria Arteaga de Queretaro (double stacked rings once again)
1. Dragon de Oriente I & El Lince beat Dragon de Oriente II & Estigma
2. Cometa de Fuego/Dinamita Kid/Silver Dragon defeated Neurosis/Star Tron/El Toro
3. Black Spirit/Iron Boy/Turbo battled Carta Brava Jr./The Rocket/Thunder Black to a time limit draw.
4. Dralion & Erick Snake beat Murder Angel & Nightmare
5. 3 Way Dance: The Profeith defeated Resurreccion & Skam 13
6. Alto Voltaje/Fantastik/Pantera beat Ku Klux Klan/X-Fly/Zumbido
7. Hijo del Rene Guajardo/Hijo del Solitario/L.A. Par-K defeated Cien Caras Jr./Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr./Sangre Chicana Jr.

EMLL 3/15 – Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara drawing 4,500 fans (50th Anniversary Show)
1. Artillero/Polvora/Super Comando beat Astro Boy/Sensei/Starman
2. Bam Bam/Mascarita Dorada/Shockercito defeated Pequeno Black Warrior/Pequeno Violencia/Pierrothito
3. Shocker/Toscano/Valiente beat Black Warrior/Misterioso II/Sangre Azteca by DQ when El Black fouled Shocker. Shocker then challenged El Black to a hair match afterwards.
4. Dos Caras Jr./Mistico/Volador Jr. defeated Atlantis/Heavy Metal/Negro Casas with Mistico using a Casita to go over Casas as payback from last Friday where Casas used a Mistica on Mistico.
5. Caballera contra Caballera: Hijo del Texano beat Maximo by DQ when he faked a foule.

EMLL 3/15 – Arena Mexico
1. Caligula & Messala beat Molotov & Trueno
2. Arkangel de la Muerte/Escandalo/Loco Max defeated Fabian el Gitano/Flash/Stuka Jr.
3. Dark Angel/Lady Apache/Marcela beat Princesa Blanca/Raven Hiroka/Zahori (subbing for Rosa Negra)
4. Angel Azteca Jr. (subbing for Marco Corleone)/Blue Panther/La Sombra defeated Hijo del Lizmark/Mr. Niebla/Rey Bucanero
5. CMLL Trios Titles: Hector Garza/Hijo del Fantasma/La Mascara beat La Jauria del Terror (Averno/Ephesto/Mephisto) to retain their titles.

Independent 3/13 – Palenque de la Feria de Tantoyuca
1. Muerte Roja beat Chucky
2. Sexy Star & Octagoncito defeated Cinthia Moreno & Mini Abismo Negro
3. Mascara Divina/Octagon/Super Fly beat The Psycho Circus (Killer Clown/Psycho Clown/Zombie Clown) (This is the first documented loss for the Circus)

Independent 3/13 – Plaza de Toros San Jose de Tejalpa
1. ?
2. Mascarita Divina & Mascarita Sagrada defeated Mini Chessman & Mini Histeria
3. Alebrije/Gato Eveready/Oriental beat El Brazo/Decnis/Tito Santana
4. 3 Way Bull Terrier Match: Zorro defeated Electroshock & Sean Waltman

IWRG 3/15 – Arena Naucalpan
1. Comando Negro & Judas el Traidor beat Garra de Aguila & Latin Brother
2. Mexican State Trios Titles: Black Terry/Cerebro Negro/Dr. Cerebro defeated Gemelo Fantastico I./Las Traumas I y II to retain their titles.
3. IWRG Intercontinental Lightweight Title: Zatura beat Tetsuya Bushi to retain his title.
4. IWRG Intercontinental Trios Titles: Los Oficiales (AK-47/Fierro/911) defeated Arlequin/Hijo del Pierroth/Pierroth II to retain their titles.
5. IWRG Intercontinental Tag Titles: Hijo del Cien Caras & Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr. beat Los Head Hunters I y II to retain their titles.

Monterrey 3/15 – Arena Coliseo de Monterrey
1. Lover Boy beat Rey Imagen
2. Aguila Azteca & Rey Dragon defeated American Machine & Epidemius
3. Ejecutor & Mr. Secuestro beat Aguila Extrema & Relampago Azul
4. Karis la Momia/TDN/Jesse defeated Sobredosis/Virtual X/Nygma
5. Hombre sin Miedo/May Flowers/Pimpinela Escarlata beat El Brazo/Decnis/Escorpion Negro

Credit goes to luchaworld.com as well as:
credit to Angel Gonzalez, Box y Lucha, Fernando Campos, Gabriela Mendoza, Ivan Zuniga, Juari Marron Velez, RFC

NEWS

Juventud Guerrera thanked AAA yesterday for bringing him back into the fold after being on the outs for the last 8 months. Juvy said the differences he had with the promotion has been resolved and said that he is glad to have a fresh start. Juvy clarified that he’s not a member of D-MEX yet but he likes their style and that they feature what he likes in a faction but he also said that he still has an affinity for the Mexican Powers, which was the group he founded. Juvy said though that he would be working his bookings he had with Perros del Mal before joining AAA full-time, which is interesting to say the least.

RESULTS

EMLL 3/17 – Arena Mexico
1. Kid Tiger & Puma King beat Sombra de Plata & Trueno
2. Escandalo/Hooligan/Vangelis defeated Fabian el Gitano/Metalico/Tony Rivera
3. Lady Apache/Marcela/Sahori beat Princesa Blanca/Princesa Sugei/Raven Hiroka by DQ when Blanca hit the referee.
4. Mascara Dorada/Mictlan/Valiente defeated Dragon Rojo/Ephesto/Virus
5. Blue Panther/Sagrado (subbing for Marco Corleone)/La Sombra beat La Jauria del Terror (Damian el Terrible/Hijo del Texano/Misterioso II)

Independent 3/14 – Domo del Mar de Ciudad del Carmen Campeche
1. ?
2. ??
3. Cadaver I/Cadaver Jr./Capitan Furia beat El Angel/Laredo Kid/Super Mega
4. Brazo de Plata/Gronda II/Torbellino defeated Espectro de Ultratumba/Espiritu/Picudo
5. Mexican National Tag Titles: Octagon & La Parka Jr. beat Electroshock & Konnan to retain their titles. Capitan Furia worked most of the match instead of the ailing Konnan.

Promociones Cantu 3/16 – Arena Cuatro Caminos de Nuevo Laredo
1. La Fraternidad (Black Mamba/Oscuridad/Violento) beat The Night Queens (May Flowers/Nygma/Yuriko)
2. El Brazo/Decnis/Escorpion Negro defeated Hijo del Pirata Morgan/Kendor Jr./Sobredosis
3. The Psycho Circus (Killer Clown/Psycho Clown/Zombie Clown) beat Hombre sin Miedo/Laredo Kid/Pimpinela Escarlata vs.
4. Chessman/Pirata Morgan/Kenzo Suzuki defeated Alan Stone/Elegido/La Parka Jr.

Promociones Oceanic 3/16 – Cancha German Evers de Mazatlan
1. El Encapuchado/Mario Mora/Terremoto King Jr. beat Linterna Verde/Tygon/Wilbert
2. Kempo Dragon & El Relampago defeated Cuervo & Escoria by DQ after Kempo turned on Relampago and Electroshock ran out to give him a Martinete.
3. Hardcore Rules: Extreme Tiger & TJ Extreme beat Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario in a bloodbath even with help from Kempo Dragon.
4. Charly Manson & Super Fly defeated Electroshock & Ozz with help from Relampago who was stretchered out earlier.
5. Black Abyss/Konnan/Zorro beat Abismo Negro/El Mesias/Silver King after SK turned on his partners naturally making it 4-on-2 until Relampago ran out again to help out Abismo & Mesias but ended up being pinned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back