• PaRappa The Rapper

• Sonic 3

• Zelda

• Wario Land 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Call of Duty: Black Ops
F.E.A.R. 2 (PS3)
Gunstar Heroes
Mega Man X2 (SNES)
PaRappa The Rapper (Playstation)
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (with Sonic & Knuckles is also included as apparently that's the way the game should have been)
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Wario Land 3 (GBC)

This is the hardest vote I've had to make this round, but I'm going with PaRappa the Rapper.

Before PaRappa, there were no rhythm games, at least not in the US. Without PaRappa, there would be no Guitar Hero, no Frequency, no Elite Beat Agents, no Gitaroo Man, no Rock Band. This game launched a genre. On sheer influence alone it deserves to be recognized.

However, there are plenty of great choices in this category and I wouldn't be upset if any of them won. Gunstar Heroes was one of the most technically impressive games on the Mega Drive as well as one of the best co-op experiences I have ever had. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the best Sonic game, even better than 2 for my money. Wario Land 3 is one of the best platforming experiences I have ever had, surpassing many of Mario's adventures. A vote for any of them is a vote for quality.

The Legend of Zelda. Nothing else comes close. Not even the mega quest of Sonic 3. Wario Land 3 is not the best in its series, nor is Mega Man X2, or Call of Duty: Black Ops. Zelda got my vote because it is iconic in the adventure genre and has stood the test of time fanstically for a game that's over 20 years old. It's crazy how fun such a simple game can be.

The Legend of Zelda. Nothing else comes close. Not even the mega quest of Sonic 3. Wario Land 3 is not the best in its series, nor is Mega Man X2, or Call of Duty: Black Ops. Zelda got my vote because it is iconic in the adventure genre and has stood the test of time fanstically for a game that's over 20 years old. It's crazy how fun such a simple game can be.

So let me get this straight...

You claim that Wario Land 3 is not the best in its series (which is a statement that is completely and utterly false in every way, I might add), and then vote for the original Legend of Zelda? I mean, don't get me wrong, it definitely deserves a place in the tournament for what it did to the adventure game genre and how it launched an iconic series, but you can't use "not the best in its series" as an argument and then place your vote for a game that isn't even close to being the best in its series!

Zelda is a fine choice, but to discredit Wario Land 3 like that is too ridiculous to ignore. Have you even played Wario Land 3?

To top it off, you completely ignored Gunstar Heroes and PaRappa The Rapper, two other games that deserve a vote. I mean, Zelda may have revamped a genre, but how about PaRappa, which created a genre?

Come on, man. You're going full ****** with some of these posts.

You claim that Wario Land 3 is not the best in its series (which is a statement that is completely and utterly false in every way, I might add), and then vote for the original Legend of Zelda? I mean, don't get me wrong, it definitely deserves a place in the tournament for what it did to the adventure game genre and how it launched an iconic series, but you can't use "not the best in its series" as an argument and then place your vote for a game that isn't even close to being the best in its series!

Yes I can if that game I voted for is more enjoyable overall. Each of my votes went to the game that I felt is the most enjoyable out of the choices in that particular poll. If you don't feel that Zelda deserves a vote here, fine. You're entitled to that opinion. Zelda 1 is more enjoyable than Wario Land 3. Period. That is how it got my vote, despite the issue you pointed out.

Zelda is a fine choice, but to discredit Wario Land 3 like that is too ridiculous to ignore. Have you even played Wario Land 3?

I have and it's not as enjoyable as Zelda 1.

To top it off, you completely ignored Gunstar Heroes and PaRappa The Rapper, two other games that deserve a vote. I mean, Zelda may have revamped a genre, but how about PaRappa, which created a genre?

I'm not a fan of Gunstar Heroes and I detest PaRappa. How that game got any votes is beyond me. Innovative or not, I thought that game was terrible. It's nowhere near as enjoyable as Zelda, thus it would never get my vote. That's why I ignored it.

Zelda 1 is more enjoyable than Wario Land 3. Period. That is how it got my vote, despite the issue you pointed out.

Then why didn't you say this in the first place instead of hurping and durping about how Wario Land 3 "isn't the best in its series"? You could have just said that you liked Zelda 1 over any other game in the poll and we wouldn't be having this discussion. Instead you used some stupid, flimsy argument about how you don't vote for games that aren't the best in their series while simultaneously voting for a game that isn't the best in its series.

As for your comments on PaRappa the Rapper, if you can't look past the gameplay you didn't like to see its legacy and contribution to the video game world, then there is no hope for you.

Christ, Dagger, Zelda NES did its job and launched one of the greatest adventure franchises the industry has ever seen, but that doesn't mean the game didn't age terribly. Zelda NES doesn't even compare with A Link to the Past. In terms of comparing games by their own merits rather than being involved in the shadow of better games, Megaman X2 (which IS the best in the series), and Wario Land 3 (which can easily compete with Super Mario World) easily beats out Zelda NES.

As for PaRappa, oh god, I wish it weren't going up against steroid-monsters such as Sonic, Zelda, and Megaman. It's probably the most underrated game I can think of, aside from like... Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon or something.

I've just realised that Gunstar Heroes is not infact the game I thought it was. I was thinking of Sunset Riders, which is awesome and should have been nominated. Just as well I voted for Megaman.

I'm sure many would disagree with me on this pick, but I chose F.E.A.R. 2. Sure, this one wasn't better than the original, but it was still a fun, atmospheric FPS. I'm a fan of F.E.A.R. and I would like to see Monolith take over again..

I have no interest in this specific poll, so I won't be voting, but if Black Ops somehow makes it past this, I'm punching somone right in the face.

I enjoy playing Call of Duty games, I really do. In fact, in the past week I've sunk countless hours into Black Ops multiplayer, but the multiplayer does brings absolutly nothing to the table that past Call of Duty games haven't.

The single player campaign in Black Ops, is one of, if not THE worst campaigns in any shooter ever. An unecessary ,convoluted story that is constantly shoving action down the player's throat that provide them with any time to think and observe what is taking place around them.

The gameplay, while similar to past games in the franchise, holds your hand every step of the way and constantly tells you were to go by displaying marker on the screen, often in one hunder meters increments. There is even a point in the game where you are standing on a belcony, with only stairs going down and a ladder going to the roof. You are litterally standing beside the ladder when the non-playable character says "we need to use the ladder and get to the roof." Sure enough, a marker appeared above the ladder telling me that I had ten meters to get to my next destination.

Like I said, I do enjoy playing Call of Duty games, and I hope Modern Warfare (the first, NOT second) can do some damage within this tournament, but Black Ops shouldn't even be given the opportunity to make it past this.

Black Ops is two votes away from being allowed into the actual tournament, so even though I said I wouldn't be voting yesterday, I will in fact be voting against Black Ops.

Sonic 3 is currently ahead of the pack with two votes over Black Ops. I will be voting for Sonic 3, just in case Black Ops manages to get some late votes before the tournament ends today, hopefully it won't be enough to put it into the tournament.

I'm not voting for Sonic 3, but more or less voting against Black Ops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back