Cherished games in your Videogame collection

Poop Master Flex

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Figured this would be spam as I'm just wondering what games you own that are your favorite. I'll start

NES

1) Super Mario Bros.
2) Super Mario 3
3) Mike Tyson's Punchout
4) Metroid
5) Ducktales
6) Legend of Zelda
7) Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link
8) Kid Icarus
9) Contra
10) Tetris

SNES

1) Super Mario World
2) Donkey Kong Country
3) Super Mario Kart
4) Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
5) Mortal Kombat II

N64

1) Super Mario 64
2) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Gameboy

1) Tetris
2) Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Playstation

1) Metal Gear Solid

PS2

1) GTA: San Andreas
2) ESPN NFL 2K5
3) ESPN NHL 2K5
4) Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

PS3

1) NBA 2K12

I have many, many other games but these are the one's I love and don't see myself ever parting from. All of them I enjoy and could pick up and play anytime.

The only games I have that I "cherish" are Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX. I still have the original PSOne discs.

Resident Evil 4 and House of the Dead for the Wii. Lots of good times have happened while playing those 2. If I owned an N64 I would definitely go for Markio Kart 64 too.

Obviously FFVII. The only pre-PS2 game I have in my special case where my absolute most cherished games go. I have the original discs but not the case. My original Pokemon games, Blue, Red, and Yellow as well as Gold and Silver. Other than that, obviously I cherish them all or else they wouldn't be in a glass cabinet.

Definitely my Super Smash Bros on N64, that thing is frickin gold to me, I will never stop playing that game. Then Red Dead Revolver for Xbox, without it we wouldnt have Red Dead Redemption and I'll always remember it as my first M game that mom let me get, classic western shooter.

Probably my Skyrim preorder in Steam. I look at it every day lovingly, waiting for glorious 11/11/11 when I can turn over my entire life to it.

What?

Definitely my Super Smash Bros on N64, that thing is frickin gold to me, I will never stop playing that game. Then Red Dead Revolver for Xbox, without it we wouldnt have Red Dead Redemption and I'll always remember it as my first M game that mom let me get, classic western shooter.

'You must spread rep around before giving it to JW Gunslinger again.' Smash Brothers is brilliant.

I've kept most all of my classics over the years. Starting with the SNES, I was too young to give a crap about any of that when I was playing the NES, but even there I have a few.

NES:
Final Fantasy
Dragon Warrior
Dragon Warrior 2
Dragon Warrior 3
Dragon Warrior 4
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros./Da Cunt
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
TMNT
TMNT2 The Arcade Game.
Wizardry 4
Metroid
Maniac Mansion

Game Boy:
Final Fantasy Legend 1
Final Fantasy Legend 2
Final Fantasy Legend 3
Super Mario Land
Metroid 2

SNES:
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
TMNT4: Turtles in Time
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
7th Saga
Wizardry 5
Secret of Mana
Dungeon Master
F-Zero
Actraiser
Soulblazer
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2

PS1:
Vandal Hearts
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Castlevania: Symphony of Night
Dragon Warrior 7
Suikoden 1
Suikoden 2 (yeah that's right, be jealous, that's my crown jewel right there)
Xenogears
Parasite Eve
Alundra
Vagrant Story
Breath of Fire 3
Dead or Alive
Chocobo Racing
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Gran Turismo 2
The Legend of Dragoon
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete

PS2:
FFX
Ephemeral Phantasia
Gran Tourismo 3
Gran Tourismo 4
Suikoden 3
Suikoden 4
Suikoden 5
Xenosaga 1
Xenosaga 2
Dead or Alive 2
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

Xbox 360:
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2

GBA:
Super Mario Advance
Super Mario Advance 4
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
Donkey Kong Country 3
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Castlevania Circle of the Moon
Castlevania Double Pack
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Golden Sun

NGC:
Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Wii:
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
NEW Super Mario Bros. Wii
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid: Other M

NDS:
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Black
Pokemon Soulsilver
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
NEW Super Mario Bros.
Metroid Prime Hunters
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Suikoden Tierkreis

PC:
Quest for Glory 1-4
Leisure Suit Larry 1-3
Kings Quest 1-6
Space Quest 1-4
Wolfenstien 3D
Wizardry 7
Eye of the Beholder 1-3
Dungeon Master 1
Dungeon Master 1: Chaos Strikes Back
Dungeon Master 2: The Legend of Skullkeep
Lands of Lore
Doom 1-3
Unreal Tournament
Duke Nukem 3D
Duke Nukem Forever
Quake 2
HeXen
HeXen 2
Heretic
Drakon: Order of the Flame
Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness
Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal
Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
World of Warcraft
Starcraft
Starcraft: Brood Wars
Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty
Diablo
Diablo 2
Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction
Dungeon Siege 2
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
Baldur's Gate 2
Carmageddon
Carmageddon 2
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper 2
The Sims 1-3
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age: Awakening
Dragon Age 2

... That's all I can think of off the top of my head. :p There's probably a few I'm forgetting and there's a lot more I'm not so proud to have and that I don't "cherish". But this is a pretty good list.

My favorite games in my collection are:

XBOX 360
Fuzion Frenzy 2 (fun party game)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (for the alternate costumes)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (Not really, but it is the sequel )
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (cause the DC Universe is in it)
Halo 3 (for the work I put in on the Forge)
Legends Of WrestleMania (for the roster and venues)
WWE All-Stars (for the roster and the story mode)

Wii
Carnival Games
Lego Star Wars
Michael Jackson The Experience
Monopoly Streets
Punch Out
Wii Party
Wii Play
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort

I’m sure there are a few I’m forgetting at the moment. Though it’s not my game, my current favorite is my Brother’s Gears Of War 3.

"Cherished" to me implies more than just games you enjoy playing. These games all hold a special meaning to me:

Steambot Chronicles - It's rare, and brilliantly fun. The story also made me cry many a tear at the end. It's by no means perfect but if anything it proves that nothing has to be perfect to be the best.

Majora's Mask - My favorite game of all time. The holographic label on the first run cartridge is also super cool.

Mega Man Battle Network 2 - Given to me by my brother, it's the first videogame that had me so consumed by its story and experience that I just had to talk about it. Without MMBN2 I wouldn't have found forums, and been introduced to the world of fandom and all its glories.

Power Quest - Incredible soundtrack, featuring some of the best fighting tunes of all time, and no one's ever heard them. I'll never give it away, because I get inspired every time I fire up the Game Boy and hit the sound test.

"Cherished" to me implies more than just games you enjoy playing. These games all hold a special meaning to me:

Exactly. But just like every other thread on the forum, everyone will just list everything off the top of their head while simultaneously missing the true meaning behind the thread.

Pokemon Red for the Game Boy. I absolutely loved that game when it first came out. I remember wanting it so badly, only for my parents to surprise me with it one day. I had just come home from school and sat down in the living room, my mom asked me to get her something from a certain cabinet and when I opened it the game was sitting there (along with a Game Boy Color). I played that all the time, it never got old to me. I still have it tucked away at my parents' house.

I have had plenty of other games since, I still play PS3 all the time, but none of them ever meant as much to me as Pokemon Red. It really has nothing to do with the game, but more to do with the thought that my parents put into it. I had never actually told them I had wanted it, they had just noticed I enjoyed it.

But the TMNT game is actually good. Now battletoads, that's a hard game.

Ok I got to ask, how is the first TMNT game better than Kid icarus cuz the only appeal the first TMNT game had was the ninja turtles, the game itself sucked, at least Kid Icarus was fun to a degree. Sure kid icarus was difficult at parts and had flaws but TMNT was god awful with little to no redeeming qualities, it wasn't till Konami got ahold of the franchise that the games got good.

PS Battletoads was a hard yet very good game, much better than TMNT or Kid Icarus

The overhype machine of Kid Icarus makes it lose a lot of points. It had nothing to do with the characters, I have both games in NES format as well as the sequel to both games yet I find TMNT the better of the two. Of myths and monsters is better than Kid Icarus.

Ok I got to ask, how is the first TMNT game better than Kid icarus cuz the only appeal the first TMNT game had was the ninja turtles, the game itself sucked, at least Kid Icarus was fun to a degree. Sure kid icarus was difficult at parts and had flaws but TMNT was god awful with little to no redeeming qualities, it wasn't till Konami got ahold of the franchise that the games got good.

PS Battletoads was a hard yet very good game, much better than TMNT or Kid Icarus

After a while, Kid Icarus got about as redundant as Q-Bert and Pac Man.

I will agree that Kid Icarus got old quick, truthfully the game itself has nothing to do why I cherish it like the other games on my list, it was more the effort someone put in to get me that game that makes it one I won't get rid of. No doubt that it gets a lot more love than it should but I would say TMNT is in the same boat.

I just never saw any appeal to TMNT, I've played it aplenty I just could never get into it, thought the difficulty of the game had more to do with shitty game design (even though there were difficult parts like beating the technodrome) and think the only reason it gets any love is because of the franchise. I quite enjoy the other TMNT games on NES and especially Turtles in time on the SNES but the first one I can do without

Cherished? Probably none.
I suppose I'd be more than a little sorry to see my remaining Spectrum cassettes vanish (Magic Land Dizzy, Crystal Kingdom Dizzy, Spellbound Dizzy & Treasure Island Dizzy), although I consider them more as ornaments than I do games.

Mine is Chrono Trigger for the SNES. I still play that game to this day.

It's mint, also. Box, manual, everything. I've had people offer me some crazy prices for it, but I'll never part with it.

And I agree that a lot of people miss the meaning of 'cherish'.

Chrono Cross and Skies of Arcadia Legends; they were just two of the best RPGs I've ever played and if you haven't played them before then you definitely need to check them out.

NES
Double dragon2
contra 1 and 2
battltoads and double dragon

Genesis
Streets of rage series
Sunset riders
contra
wwf wrestlemania

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.