Potential Wrestlemania Plans For The Undertaker

Good God, the Undertaker has one bad match at Wrestlemania in over 20 years due to a concussion sustained early on in the match and now all of the sudden he's broken down, a shell of his former shelf, the match would be terrible, he can't go anymore, etc etc etc. Why do people have to friggin over exaggerate everything to the fullest extent? He's the Undertaker for crying out loud, if he hadn't been out on his feet within the first 5 minutes of his match with Lesnar, I'm sure it would have been great. Taker's not somebody who's going to come back for the payday, he'll only come back if he feels he can give a solid match and protect his opponent, and I'm sure as hell willing to give him a chance to say goodbye at the show that he made his.

To the ones who say they just don't want to see Taker back, I can respect that. But the ones who are saying he can't go anymore, or he's broken down... how do you know? When was the last time you saw Taker wrestle not injured? Do you know Taker personally? Let's just chill out and give this angle a chance if it happens. But of course that won't happen and it will probably be shit on from the get-go due to some bonehead assumptions...

Well, enough for my rant... to comment on the topic of the thread, I think it would be pretty awesome to see Wyatt vs Taker at Mania even though I don't see the match stealing the show like previous Taker matches. However, the build would be great and it would do wonders for Wyatt. If this does happen, I think Wyatt needs to step up and definitely switch it up a little. It would be an opponent unlike Wyatt has ever faced so I'd like to see him try some different mind game tactics, and also switch it up on the mic as well. Doesn't really matter who wins to me. Wyatt could use it but Taker deserves it.

Underfaker is broken down he sucks if he can carry Bray Wyatt and let Wyatt win I am all for it but the torch has been passed and I don t see beer bellin mascara wearin leather claddin cripple smashed out of shape body won t endure cause STING is in better shape than he has ever been in his entire life Steve Borde is older btw

Hell yeah baby I'll be in fucking mark mode. Perhaps Vince and even Undertaker are starting to realize there mistake and even though Brock ending the streak will go in the record books...if Brock leaves to UFC they can have Bray also beat Undertaker at WrestleMania which will make Lesnar not be the only guy to beat Undertaker and make Bray look super strong. This is how I would book it. Continue the feud of Bray\Dean and have one last conclusion match at Royal Rumble. Bray and Dean will be battling for a 25 minute match and by the end of we here...BOOM JBL says "What's the MIGUL" and Cole "THE UNDURRRRTAKERRR" and for the first time in Bray's young career he will actually have somebody attack him instead of Bray always doing the attacking. Not only that but it's the fucking Undertaker who's Bray character was built to feud with. This will be a huge rub for Bray and WWE would be stupid not to go for it if Undertaker is healthy enough to give it a go. This what it looks like WM31 is shaping up to be so far...

WWE World Title: Roman Reigns (Royal Rumble Winner) vs Brock Lesnar
HHH vs Sting (WWE's greatest heel vs WCW's greatest babyface dream match)
Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker - Feud writes itself the PASSING OF THE TORCH)
Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton (Orton will be a fresh babyface and get the overdue former authority members 1 on 1 match)

The only question is where does John Cena play into all of this???

Hell yeah baby I'll be in fucking mark mode. Perhaps Vince and even Undertaker are starting to realize there mistake and even though Brock ending the streak will go in the record books...if Brock leaves to UFC they can have Bray also beat Undertaker at WrestleMania which will make Lesnar not be the only guy to beat Undertaker and make Bray look super strong. This is how I would book it. Continue the feud of Bray\Dean and have one last conclusion match at Royal Rumble. Bray and Dean will be battling for a 25 minute match and by the end of we here...BOOM JBL says "What's the MIGUL" and Cole "THE UNDURRRRTAKERRR" and for the first time in Bray's young career he will actually have somebody attack him instead of Bray always doing the attacking. Not only that but it's the fucking Undertaker who's Bray character was built to feud with. This will be a huge rub for Bray and WWE would be stupid not to go for it if Undertaker is healthy enough to give it a go. This what it looks like WM31 is shaping up to be so far...
I agree beer bellin leather claddin mascara wearin out of shaped broken down crippled taker needs to job a few times cause Wyatt winning will be the clear passing the Torch since Lesner won t count after he deflects to UFC

WWE World Title: Roman Reigns (Royal Rumble Winner) vs Brock Lesnar
Its so laughable that even Brock Lesner is laughing at wwe he is getting paid huge grossly amounts of money to sit on his ass and then Dana White will take him back to UFC along with Phil Brooks there vince would be crying of all the money wasted on Lesner!

HHH vs Sting (WWE's greatest heel vs WCW's greatest babyface dream match)
and HHH will win over Steve Borden which will make STING STINK for us real wrestling fans! If he wins I am for it but we all know mcmoron has a history of ruining and burying ex WCW talent (Booker T ,DDP, Scott Steiner Kanyon etc)
Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker - Feud writes itself the PASSING OF THE TORCH)

Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton (Orton will be a fresh babyface and get the overdue former authority members 1 on 1 match)

The only question is where does John Cena play into all of this???
John Semen vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan as he said he wants a match with SCSA or john so that would be it!

What a pile of rubbish, again I agree with the poster above your comment, the man has one bad match and suddenly he's viewed as a cripple? Taker can still go and so can Sting. From recent videos Sting looks to be in awesome shape to how he was in his last TNA days, you won't be seeing sting wrestle in a t-shirt that's for sure hes now ripped.

We will get Sting vs Taker and it will be remarkable. Icon vs Phenom

Buddy the other respondent has a point which you fail to realize and notice let me give you a rude awakening here Your beer bellin, leather claddin, mascara wearing bone tearin cripplin wearin is out of shape and I am not talking about Lesner demolishing him which I knew this would occur which explains why calloway went to UFC to pitch Lesner the idea and have it done
Underfaker was demolished prior 4 wrestlemanias with HHH twice prior and HBK prior and with CM Punk ( he had to work slow for mark) STING is older than Mark btw and better shape he can carry a match further than underfaker but it won t happen! What I really want to see is Bray Wyatt vs underfaker along ( with Eric Rown and Luke Harper) Bring the whole trio back cause they suck as individuals as I feel bad Luke Harper was a 3 week IC champ for fucks sake! C mon! If the trio can badly injury underfaker after Bray Wyatt cleanly pins him then the other two can cause further injury as long as Bray Wyatt wins cause Lesner deflecting to UFC won t count as the conqueror but for Wyatt it will mean something
!

STINK vs FAKER won t be remarkable maybe on your videogame console system but not in reality! YOu are delusional my friend enough with the clown matchup unless you like to add DOINK in there as a 3 Threat?LOL

This.

What exactly will it do for either guy? Bray can get the rub of a huge win on the biggest stage of all, after losing last year, but that means Taker takes two losses in a row after being unbeatable for so long...don't see the sense in that.

And as KB has said above, the match probably won't be anything to shout about anyways.

Had the Streak been on the line, I'd be all for it, but it isn't. Move on.

At least Sting vs Taker is a chance to see 2 All-Time Greats go at it, and it would definitely have much more hype going into Mania, for sure.

This is why I continue to say that Brock was the absolutely wrong person to end the Streak. He had nothing to gain by ending the Streak, as he was already dominant and being pushed.

But Bray Wyatt ending it? Now, that would have been different. If WWE wanted a shock factor, Bray beating Taker, after even Brock couldn't, would cause even more jaws to drop.

Secondly, it would have made Bray an A-lister. Before, he was seen as a bit of a gimmick wrestler. But a win at WM over Taker (if the Streak had been intact until then), would have made him big for years.

Thirdly, this mega-push would have groomed him for what I always saw him as :- The new Undertaker, circa 21st century. He would still continue to be Bray Wyatt, but he would get the Casket Matches, the Buried Alive Matches, the Last Ride Matches. When Undertaker goes, so do these matches (as it doesn't make sense with many others), but Bray could carry these matches on after Taker is gone. He could be the new, creepy, intimidating character of the WWE, that everyone wants to take down. Ending the Streak could have made Bray Wyatt (and by extension, Windham Rotundo) a Legend of the industry.

But they would have had to have him go undefeated and be dominant, up until WM. Then, if he ended the Streak, WWE Titles, WM main events and HoF induction awaited him, if he took the ball and ran with it. But now it has been ruined for all time, just because Vince had to appease Lesnar's ego.

The idea of Wyatt vs Taker is really interesting. Undertaker is known to be an old school guy, and would there for want to go out by doing the job and passing the torch to someone younger. However, I don't think that's what happened at WMXXX when Lesnar beat him cause that didn't pass any kind of torch it was just another big accomplishment on Lesnars big time resume. I think if Undertaker came back for a last match and lost to Wyatt it would boost Wyatt big time. It would be a legend and future hall of famer getting a younger guy over, and it would hopefully be his final match so that would be an added boost. Also Waytt beating taker would give Wyatt a lot of respect from the audience and cement him as a top guy in the eyes of the fans. That didn't happen with Lesnar cause he was already cemented as a top guy, and had already earned the fans respect years ago. Despite The Undertaker already having his first loss at WrestleMania his second loss, if done right to the right guy, could still mean a lot and have a big impact.

The idea of Wyatt vs Taker is really interesting. Undertaker is known to be an old school guy, and would there for want to go out by doing the job and passing the torch to someone younger. However, I don't think that's what happened at WMXXX when Lesnar beat him cause that didn't pass any kind of torch it was just another big accomplishment on Lesnars big time resume. I think if Undertaker came back for a last match and lost to Wyatt it would boost Wyatt big time. It would be a legend and future hall of famer getting a younger guy over, and it would hopefully be his final match so that would be an added boost. Also Waytt beating taker would give Wyatt a lot of respect from the audience and cement him as a top guy in the eyes of the fans. That didn't happen with Lesnar cause he was already cemented as a top guy, and had already earned the fans respect years ago. Despite The Undertaker already having his first loss at WrestleMania his second loss, if done right to the right guy, could still mean a lot and have a big impact.

I get what you are saying, but I disagree here with regards to Taker having to do a job.

By letting Lesnar beat the Streak, the WWE elevated Lesnar to a very high level in which beating him will boost whoever gets it done, and that rub can be made to last a little while by being passed onto others.

However, if a year after Taker finally lost at Mania, he gets beat again, immediately the Streak being conquered loses some of its significance as it would diminish Brock being the 1 in 21-1.

Leave the 1 Taker loss there to acknowledge Brock, and the one who eventually beats him as well. And also, allow Taker to regain some momentum going into a possible programme with Sting.

Bray Wyatt will be elevated by being in a programme with an All-Time Legendary Character regardless of if he wins or loses,lMO. Also, consider that after appearing vs Cena last Mania, he will now be going onto Taker at this Mania if the feud happens. If that doesn't get him enough fuel to become relevant as a Main Eventer, nothing will.

I think the bray vs taker is incorrect and is just a made up rumor.
I think we will still see a programme with sting vs undertaker at mania31.

If Undertaker is back and ready for a fight I would say Undertaker vs. Lesnar 2 no title Lesnar will lose at the Rumble. If this is Undertaker's last match before he retires I would say Undertaker vs. Sting or HHH. I have heard about a Undertaker/Bray Wyatt match, If I had to pick I would love to see Undertaker vs. Lesnar for the Title. The Undertaker wins and than retires in the up and coming weeks you start a tournament for the vacant World Championship.

I get what you are saying, but I disagree here with regards to Taker having to do a job.

By letting Lesnar beat the Streak, the WWE elevated Lesnar to a very high level in which beating him will boost whoever gets it done, and that rub can be made to last a little while by being passed onto others.

However, if a year after Taker finally lost at Mania, he gets beat again, immediately the Streak being conquered loses some of its significance as it would diminish Brock being the 1 in 21-1.

Leave the 1 Taker loss there to acknowledge Brock, and the one who eventually beats him as well. And also, allow Taker to regain some momentum going into a possible programme with Sting.

Bray Wyatt will be elevated by being in a programme with an All-Time Legendary Character regardless of if he wins or loses,lMO. Also, consider that after appearing vs Cena last Mania, he will now be going onto Taker at this Mania if the feud happens. If that doesn't get him enough fuel to become relevant as a Main Eventer, nothing will.

That is very true that a second straight loss would really diminish the ending of the streak. In that case, I wouldn't want Wyatt vs. Taker at Mania. Cause even though Wyatt would get a boost for just being in the ring with Taker, even if he did lose, I feel like he would get a much bigger boost of credibility if he won. Wyatt has already been in enough feuds in my mind where he gets a good rub from who he is facing but ultimately loses. I'd like to see Wyatt/Taker with Wyatt retiring Taker so I would rather WWE saved it for Survivor Series. Then the Deadman can have his last match on the show where he had his first.

That is very true that a second straight loss would really diminish the ending of the streak. In that case, I wouldn't want Wyatt vs. Taker at Mania. Cause even though Wyatt would get a boost for just being in the ring with Taker, even if he did lose, I feel like he would get a much bigger boost of credibility if he won. Wyatt has already been in enough feuds in my mind where he gets a good rub from who he is facing but ultimately loses. I'd like to see Wyatt/Taker with Wyatt retiring Taker so I would rather WWE saved it for Survivor Series. Then the Deadman can have his last match on the show where he had his first.

IF Taker is to be retired, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do it at the event where it all started and could even help the Survivor Series event in the process, in terms of fan interest.

That said;
I think Wyatt being with 2 of arguably the best babyface stars of the past decade in Taker and Cena in consecutive Manias would be a huge rub for Wyatt and his character, especially in getting him interest from Casual fans who only watch sparingly.

Taker especially, has been fighting huge stars for the past few years, and thus, on that alone, people would be interested in seeing Bray Wyatt and his character.

IF the WWE go ahead with the programme, I can see a great story emerging as long as Taker shows up more and we don't see a repeat of the awful build-up for Lesnar-Taker(which I'll put down to Lesnar and his contract).

With all the speculation about what Undertaker might.... or might not....be doing at WM31, doesn't it seem as if things would be clearer if we had at least heard from him since last April? I can accept that he wrestles just once a year, but that performance was always immediately followed by a non-violent appearance in which he acknowledged his opponent, his fans & himself.

After losing to Brock Lesnar......nothing. Not a single word. We were told he was in pretty bad shape following the match. We were told he was finished. We were told he'd be back. Yet, here we are, the better part of a year later, and we haven't been told anything, yet we sit trying to guess what the guy will be doing.

In the past, WWE has used that tactic as a lure.....Undertaker: will he fight again...or won't he? Personally, I find it hard to believe it all ended last year; that his final match was a loss, taking with it the greatest pro wrestling streak of all.

But whether this is the WWE publicity train keeping us guessing....or whether Mark Calaway is the one keeping them guessing.....I think I'll always wonder why 'Taker didn't acknowledge what Brock had accomplished in the days following WM30.

I still want Undertaker to defeat Sting at the next WM; then he can retire if he wants.

Hate to see it all end with last year's loss.....followed by total silence.

For whom the bell tolls.

Except there is a good chance that Brock won't stick with the WWE after wrestlemania, so that does nothing. I do see your point though. Personally, I think Taker should retire. If he doesn't, I think I'd be more interested in a match with Bray than with Sting. They'd have some...interesting interactions leading up to the match, if anything.

Taker Vs Sting would've excited me 10 years ago. Now I fear that match would be super boring. Plus, Stings first match would either be a loss or a meaningless win.

i would not want to see taker vs bray. That match would be terrible and stupid. Taker isn't in the shape to wrestle anymore. Bray can't carry a match or wrestle.
I dont understand why people have a hard on for bray. Bray is not a good wrestler, he was been exposed as a shitty wrestler in every aspect already.

Bray should not ever beat taker at wrestlemania.
Why would taker lose two straight at mania. that would be stupid and pointless.
It was even pointless for brock to end the streak.

So no.
Bray should not be wrestling taker at mania.

If the streak was still intact, then I would be all for Undertaker facing Wyatt at Wrestlemania. I think the build up for the match would be second to none and while the match itself would never steal the show, I sure it would be worthy enough for a spot on the card, But with the loss to Lesner at this years event, the novelty of seeing the Undertaker once a year has gone and with it looking as if Sting will face HHH on the night and the possibility off more part timers returning for the event, I would much rather have Taker call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back