Bray Wyatt vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania

TheBigGuy

Dark Match Jobber
I always see/hear people talking about Sting & John Cena being 2 of Takers last challengers and I get why, I'd also like to see those. I've even seen The Rock & Roman Reigns mentioned by some people, but rarely have I seen Bray Wyatt mentioned as a potential challenger to The Streak.

I'd probably like to see Sting & Cena challenge more than Wyatt, but if there is any thought of The Streak possibly coming to and end, I think it almost has to be Bray Wyatt who breaks it. He's obviously very high up in the company as to how they want to push him. Not many are even considered for a possible match with John Cena at Wrestlemania, let alone it actually happening.

Wyatt has a similar dark character to The Undertaker. I say why the hell not? I'd love to see Wyatt defeat Cena at Wrestlemania. Undertaker obviously beats Lesnar. Taker comes out the next night on Raw and it sounds like he's going to retire, but he's interupted by The Wyatts, who destroy him. They put the sheep mask on him and abduct him.

Then we dont see Taker again for a while. They can have various vignettes scattered throughout the year of Wyatt cutting promos at the Wyatt Compound to whoever he is currently fueding with and in the background we see Taker tied up with a massive beard.

Finally at the Royal Rumble, Wyatt looks like he's on his way to winning, until #30 hits and its The Undertaker, who has escaped the Wyatt Compound. Taker comes down and eliminates Wyatt and goes after him and then that really throws things into motion for Wrestlemania.

What are your thoughts?

People are under the mistaken impression that Wyatt will remain in the position he is currently in. No. His feud with Cena is an anomoly. He has a mid-card gimmick and look. His push won't last.

He might interact with Undertaker at some point, but a Mania match is a pipe dream.

I still stand by my opinion that The Streak should end.

Nobody is bigger than wrestling, not Rock, not Hogan, not Austin and certainly not Taker.

Taker should put Bray Wyatt over in his final match.

Bray is still in his 20s, he could be the top heel for the next generation.

People are under the mistaken impression that Wyatt will remain in the position he is currently in. No. His feud with Cena is an anomoly. He has a mid-card gimmick and look. His push won't last.

He might interact with Undertaker at some point, but a Mania match is a pipe dream.

There is absolutely nothing about Bray Wyatt which can be classified as mid-card. Not since the start of 2014, anyway. Bray Wyatt is cutting the best promos on WWE TV. The only way Bray Wyatt does not eventually become a main event heel is if someone high-up in WWE sowers on him because of his weight.

He will be a main event heel in the next few-years, de-pushes will be minimal. He is not just another heel because he has too much talent not to move up the card.

If you really think he is mid-card, I have no idea what you expect in a promo/character. Wyatt is original, engaging, and interesting. If Rotunda weren't a little "Husky" I doubt you would have ever said this.

Wyatt's character has plenty of longevity, anyone who says otherwise is being lazy. If Kane can last ten-plus years after his run started in Taker's shadow, Bray Wyatt can be successful for a very long time.

There is absolutely nothing about Bray Wyatt which can be classified as mid-card. Not since the start of 2014, anyway. Bray Wyatt is cutting the best promos on WWE TV. The only way Bray Wyatt does not eventually become a main event heel is if someone high-up in WWE sowers on him because of his weight.

If you really think he is mid-card, I have no idea what you expect in a promo. Wyatt is original, engaging, and interesting. If Rotunda weren't a little "Husky" I doubt you would have ever said this.

Wyatt's character has plenty of longevity, anyone who says otherwise is not creative. If Kane can last ten years after his run started in Taker's shadow, Bray Wyatt can be successful for a very long time.

He's cut some quality promos, had some good matches, he's also facing WWE's biggest star at Mania. Only Wyatt vs. Cena is a mid-card match. Why is a match against Cena, at what should be the biggest WWE show ever, a mid-card match? Because of Bray's involvment.

If you really think he is mid-card, I have no idea what you expect in a promo. Wyatt is original, engaging, and interesting. If Rotunda weren't a little "Husky" I doubt you would have ever said this.

Wyatt's character has plenty of longevity, anyone who says otherwise is not creative. If Kane can last ten years after his run started in Taker's shadow, Bray Wyatt can be successful for a very long time.

Agreed.

He is golden on the mic, his promos draw the fans in and keep them locked throughout the length of his speech. His gimmick isn't dull either. In fact, most fans get really excited as soon as the the static buzz comes out of nowhere with Bray Wyatt holding the lantern,says "We're here" and blows it out. It's a good entrance.
He isn't horrible in the ring either. He has a persona that really sticks out, his moveset isn't terrible and he sells his gimmick in the ring as well. I can see him as one of the top heels in the future.

I'm not interested in this match at all. I'm also not interested in a young guy breaking the streak so that part of it isn't a knock on Wyatt. With that being said I don't get why Wyatt vs Taker would happen I just don't I understand they both have dark characters but other than that I don't see enough appeal in Wyatt to bring him to a streak match. Cena will be Taker's toughest challenge kayfabe because he's done everything after him there's no one else to wrestle against because no one else matters after Cena. I'm not even sure why people want to see Lesnar vs Taker either it's weird.

IMO the beauty of the streak match is that even though you know it isn't going to end, there's always a point in the match (besides last year) where you think it might happen anyway. The only person right now I see giving us that moment is Cena however if they pull the trigger on Reigns becoming the man possibly by taking the belt off Cena at WM 31 then maybe him but at that point he won't need it because he'll already be the top guy. If Taker goes against Wyatt I don't think the match would be that good I don't think the streak would be in jeopardy and nor should it be.

In the end if Wyatt really is that good then he'll succeed without ever even needing to come in contact with the Undertaker and that's something I'd much rather prefer personally.

This. People who think Bray Wyatt is a top star are absurd. Wyatt is a midcarder at best and his push will end sooner rather than later. Wyatt is a mediocre talker on his best night, and dreams of one day being mediocre in the ring, but I don't think he'll ever reach the level of "mediocre". Even the thought of Wyatt facing Undertaker at WrestleMania is laughable.

I was going to wait til after Mania to do this post, but I more than agree, I kmow Taker will be at home next year and a win over sting makes a lot of sence but I think Wyatt shoul end the streak before Taker retires and put and end to the deadman

**Wanna know something Kane, I'm already dead**

Aquaman:
So, people like Paul Heyman and Steve Austin are absurd? I'll be damned. I guess your green bars qualify you as a genius? You gave no reason as to why Wyatt is mediocre talker, you just said he was. Then you proceeded to call everyone who disagrees absurd. Care to expound and actually try to make point, or would that take too much effort?

Y2Jake:

I sort of see your point. But, the only way to make a legitimate main eventer is to build him against credible opponents. It may be a mid-card match because of Wyatt, but how the hell else is he supposed to move up the card? He can't just become a main eventer over night, it takes time. Do you really think John Cena would be working Bray Wyatt against his will?

A match with a growing heel is the best use of Cena for this particular WrestleMania. What the hell else were they gonna do, put him with Cena and Orton for the millionth time? Talk about un-interesting...

Bray Wyatt is going to win MITB 2014. If healthy, that is a near guarantee. His cash in will be successful.

Aquaman:
So, people like Paul Heyman and Steve Austin are absurd? I'll be damned. I guess your green bars qualify you as a genius? You gave no reason as to why Wyatt is mediocre talker, you just said he was. Then you proceeded to call everyone who disagrees absurd. Care to expound and actually try to make point, or would that take too much effort?

How do you explain "how" someone is a mediocre talker? His promos are boring and he has no charisma. He's one of the only wrestlers in my twenty plus years of watching wrestling that's so boring I wind up changing the channel during half of his promos. His ring work is far below par and I'm astonished he ever made it to the main roster. I don't know what people see in this guy. Mordecai was more impressive than him and Mordecai was awful. At least Mordecai had a good look, Wyatt looks like any random hillbilly.

Why hasn't nobody mentioned 1997 Kane... He should be the one who end the street or let them both burn and retire them both... Then we can finally finish the "brothers storyline" and the "streak"... Or he can approach him like Kane did when Taker was a biker and he turned so called human

He's cut some quality promos, had some good matches, he's also facing WWE's biggest star at Mania. Only Wyatt vs. Cena is a mid-card match. Why is a match against Cena, at what should be the biggest WWE show ever, a mid-card match? Because of Bray's involvment.

Ummmm..... mid-card? Noticing how heavy it's being pushed recently, it's only "mid-card" because not everything can be the main event. This isn't just a normal mid-card match. the Battle Royal and The Shield matches are mid-card. This is a semi-main event. Each year, Mania has about 4 Main Event level matches, but since only one match can be last, there end up being 3 semi main events before the main event. Of Cena's 10 WrestleMania matches so far, one was an opening contest, and four of them were semi-mains. Including a three year stretch right in the middle of his super Cena run. His match with HBK at 23 was his last Mania Main Event until he got involved with The Rock. But he's been either main event or semi main event for 10 years now. This isn't a case of Cena being brought down to the mid car because he's facing Bray Wyatt, this is a case of Bray Wyatt being brought up to semi-main eventing because he's facing John Cena. And anybody who debuts in July, and has a semi-main event against the number one guy in the company by WrestleMania isn't a mid-carder who's about to lose his push. That is a future main event and future World Champion in the making. Wyatt is great on the mic, as long as he has a reason to be saying what he's saying. If we know why he's saying what he does, then it is almost pure gold. And we've only caught a glimpse of what he can do in the ring. Sure, he hasn't had a lot of great matches, but who can have a stellar match with guys like Miz, R-Truth, and Xavier Woods given the low status all those guys have. But the matches with The Shield, or the match with Bryan at Rumble, those were fantastic matches. And I'm sure his match with Cena is going to be great. We've only just begun to see what he can do.

On to Wyatt vs. Undertaker. I like that. At this point, I see five viable options for Streak opponents, let alone Streak enders. 1 is John Cena. And at this point, if anybody is going to end the streak, it's most likely John Cena. 2 is Sting. He'll never end the streak, but it'll be a cool novelty match to see. 3 is Daniel Bryan. Cena can challenge because he is the number one guy in the company, but Daniel Bryan might because the fans are trying their best to make Bryan number 1. 4 is Roman Reigns. He might have a shot at ending the streak because WWE wants to make him "the guy". 5 is Bray Wyatt. While Roman Reigns may be the name WWE wants to make "The Guy" Wyatt is right behind him on the list of "Big names the office thinks will draw money in the future". If Roman Reigns is the next John Cena, than Bray Wyatt is the next Randy Orton. The guy who's number 2 only because the number 1 is somebody else. And that's a good spot for Bray to have. If the streak is ended, I'm not quite sure of the crowd reaction. I'd love to see the reaction Daniel Bryan would get if he ended the streak. Cena would most likely get boo'd, as per usual. Roman Reigns would maybe get boos, but possible cheers depending on his character at the time and how the fans like him. But if you put a strong heel Bray Wyatt in there, and he ends the streak, he'll get massive boos. And as a heel, massive boos is a good thing. Ending the Streak would propel anyone in to the next stratosphere that isn't already there. Instant biggest star in the business. So why not give it to Wyatt. Give him like two or three years to build up his character and his connection with the audience. Then, when he's reached a certain level, he can end the streak, and instantly be shot up the ranks. I think everything in wrestling should be done to get someone over, and if you're going to give somebody a 21-0 streak, then I think it should all lead to that 1 that ends the streak, and it may be Bray Wyatt.

I guess you can't explain how he is a mediocre talker. But if you can't explain how he's mediocre, have the decency to not call people who disagree absurd. Opinions are only as good as the argument they are based on.

I guess you can't explain how he is a mediocre talker. But if you can't explain how he's mediocre, have the decency to not call people who disagree absurd. Opinions are only as good as the argument they are based on.

I already explained it, but you overlooked everything I said, like most of the users on this site do. You haven't given any type of argument whatsoever as to what makes Bray Wyatt good in your eyes, and then you ignore my argument completely because you have nothing to back yours up. He's a talentless black hole of charisma. Charlie Haas was better on the mic than Bray Wyatt.

Bray is the only man who should end the Streak in my opinion. It has to be a true heel, young, talented, dedicated, etc. Bray is perfect and his character matches up very well for a feud with the Deadman. The promos alone would be amazing.

I am not sure how they would pull this off with technology and such, but imagine this ending. Bray sends Rowan and Harper to the back, but when Bray and Taker are fighting near the grave they return. They double chokeslam Taker into the grave. Bray kneels in front of the pit, while Harper/Rowan go to pull the leaver to bring down the dirt. Just as they pull it, Taker grabs Bray's ankles and drags him in with him. They are both buried alive, I assume the crowd would be dead silent at this point. Maybe give it a minute or two before a hand pops out of the dirt and gradually Bray digs himself out of the grave. He kneels down, covered in dirt and poses in front of the grave to end Mania.

I already explained it, but you overlooked everything I said, like most of the users on this site do. You haven't given any type of argument whatsoever as to what makes Bray Wyatt good in your eyes, and then you ignore my argument completely because you have nothing to back yours up. He's a talentless black hole of charisma. Charlie Haas was better on the mic than Bray Wyatt.

I think the one thing to validate Bray, given it is such a subjective argument, is the overwhelming praise he receives from other pros and legends. Batista recently singled him out as a favorite, Jericho named him as someone he wants to work with, Heyman has praised his work. The two most important might be Jake Roberts and Mick Foley, who have to be considered the gold standard for creepy promos/characters in WWE.

Also the consensus that his matches against Daniel Bryan and The Wyatt Family vs The Shield are MOTY candidates and most certainly stole the show on their respective PPV's. So far he has been untouchable in 2014.

The build up the promo would be amazing but this may h should happen at summerslam and bray should win and win clean

I think his promo work lately has been fantastic. He's delivered great promos against the face of the company. (Cena), He had a great match with Daniel Bryan at Royal Rumble, and I think the way he plays his character is superb.

With that said, I get what you are saying. The Wyatt gimmick does not appeal to you. Fine, but less talent than Charlie Haas? Go back and watch the crowd reactions during Bray Wyatt's recent segments, he is really starting to get over. I did not post this to debate with you more. It is obvious we are not going to agree my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back