WWE Payback 2015 - Bray Wyatt VS Ryback

Aeon Mathix

Has Ascended
It's early in the day for me and I don't think I saw a thread for this match yet. Honestly not surprising. Why are these two even fighting? Should we care? Will it be another feud that turns Bray Wyatt into even more of a joke? Let's find out Sunday!

Despite Wyatt having said the same promos and feuds for almost 2 years now and just becoming uninteresting altogether, I blame almost all of it on booking. Starting with the Kane feud when the Wyatt Family took him away which led to nothing, to trying to end Cena's legacy or unleash the monster whatever that feud was supposed to be about which ended up being Cena swatting him away like a fly at the end and Wyatt just not caring about it at all, to the Jericho feud which sucked and accomplished nothing, to the Ambrose feud where Wyatt beat the main event jobber 5 times while talking about Ambrose's father then dropping it and just fighting him for the sake of fighting him all to be built up to be swatted away like a fly to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Point is Wyatt needs to change direction or start making sense with what he says otherwise it's the same exact thing every time and I think a lot of people have stopped caring about what he's doing now. I mean I didn't even know why he was fighting Ryback on sunday and judging by the forums, I don't think a lot of other people remembered either. Something for both to do I suppose.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Ryback win this at all. He's not exactly a huge name for Bray to go over and would it really surprise anyone with how Wyatt has been booked since coming up from NXT? Piss break.

It's an odd match for WWE to make. Both need victories and they're not natural opponents. I think this could be a mess.

I'd have Ryback win and then have Wyatt beat him down post-match with Roan and Harper. It'll be easier to rehabilitate Wyatt alongside those two.

It's an odd match for WWE to make. Both need victories and they're not natural opponents. I think this could be a mess.

I'd have Ryback win and then have Wyatt beat him down post-match with Roan and Harper. It'll be easier to rehabilitate Wyatt alongside those two.

I don't think that'll be a great idea to make Bray Wyatt as the New face of Fear! Because he just healed Luke Harper and Erik Rowan and let then as freebirds. It doesn't make sense if he seeks their help again. Instead make him win matches and grab more new followers and start to make something intricate that people should be scared of him.

Cheers!!

I feel sorry for Wyatt, they're blatantly trying to push him as some next generation guy, who carries the torch of The Undertaker in terms of mind games, but they've not allowed it to develop organically, they've been too obvious and his promos have often made him look the wrong side of crazy (paranoid, deluded and nonsensical rather than macabre, schizophrenic, truly intimidating) so right now it's no real surprise that he gets about the same reaction as Heidenreich did a decade ago, minus the comedy aspect (for the time being, anyway, it might not be long until Bray is one big joke)

Point is Wyatt needs to change direction or start making sense with what he says otherwise it's the same exact thing every time and I think a lot of people have stopped caring about what he's doing now.

An understandable sentiment, yet I find myself getting into what he's doing in the past few months more than I had before. He's an island unto himself; I was impressed by the way he carried the entire build-up to his WM31 match with Undertaker, who didn't even have to show his face until the night of the event. That scene with Bray alone in the ring with a rocking chair and the firebolt was.....well, different, in an era in which we complain that everything is the same.

Plus, his character seems invulnerable. He can win or lose and still come back as a dangerous opponent....or, at least an enemy that is so unpredictable that we don't know whether he'll prevail or not. Based on everything that had gone before, I figured he'd lose the feud to Dean Ambrose.... but he won.

For these reasons, I believe the results of this contest depend more on what the company has in mind for Ryback than Bray. Is WWE taking Ryback higher this time....or are they just building him up to be knocked down again? I really don't see a difference from his first stint as a singles performer. Yes, he hasn't turned bad as of yet, but does it really matter? He performs essentially the same whether a good guy or bad.

If the plan is to eventually elevate Ryback to main event level, he should win on Sunday.

Either way, Bray isn't going away; his character is too durable to be cast aside by WWE.

I am seeing many saying that the Wyatt family should reform, and whilst that is a possibility given Rowan's heel turn, I'd be intrigued if Wyatt beat Ryback and "recruited" him as his own Monster and manipulates him into doing his bidding by destroying one and all regardless might be a great direction, lMO.

There are plenty of ways they could go with this match that much is certain, but couldn't we have said that with all of Bray Wyatt's feuds? When he lost to Cena, Cena looked like he went through a series of matches with the Brooklyn Brawler and Wyatt basically forgot the last few months of torturing him. With Undertaker, they spent months on end building Wyatt up by pinning Ambrose like 20 times and when the match came, Undertaker wasn't in any danger of losing at all. It felt like Taker had a let's get this over with vibe rather than oh man this guy is a dangerous opponent.

The point is, I don't think Wyatt sucks at all, his booking is just outrageous. It's like they brainstormed every great idea that could have come from his feuds and just ran away with the two options of "Face beats him with no difficulty whatsover or he beats them then acts as if nothing happened". If he is going to lose to somebody, have that person look like they went through war or are changed forever by facing him. Not like they went through a stroll in a park.

As has been mentioned, the major problem with Bray Wyatt is the booking. I think Bray would be best used as an elusive, almost cowardly heel, hiding behind his smoke and mirrors and mind games, but at the moment they seem insistent on having him call out random mid carders with vague promos. They keep linking Bray with the spider, and spiders spin webs to catch their prey. This same philosophy will work for the charactee in a booking sense.

Bray shouldn't be treated as just another heel on the roster, which is what he is being booked like now. Taker and Kane weren't booked as generic heels... they got over with their use of "special effects" and presence. Wyatt cutting 10 minute promos every week (although they are very good) and cheating to win every match hurts the attraction of his character. He should really just begin playing with his opponents minds without speaking for a while. Tell the story with actions instead of words, and than when he actually does decide to speak, it will feel a lot more special and impactful.

As for who goes over, I'm leaning towards Ryback as well. Why put him in this feud if not to give him a big win? Quite honestly, I'd be fine with Ryback going over as long as WWE decides to actually DO SOMETHING with him... I don't think they will though... Also, I have a feeling this will go longer than Payback, and that I am not looking forward to.

Results.jpg

Not particularly interested in this one. Bray's promos have been good, as they usually are, but I'm rather tired of Ryback at this point. I highly doubt that these two will be able to come up with a good match. With the exception of only the divas match, I expect it to be the worst of the night. It'll probably go on in the middle of the show but leaning toward the end. Now the real question is, who is going to win this thing? Bray needs the win. He loses far too often on PPV. If WWE want to really push this "face of fear" nickname, then they need to make Bray more intimidating as a character by having him win more often on PPV. Ryback gains NOTHING by winning this. He'll still be boring and walk around yelling "FEED ME MORE" whether he wins this or not. Bray could use the win, so I predict he wins the match.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Bray Wyatt will defeat Ryback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back