Bray Wyatt: Targeting Roman Reigns?

OYDK

King Of The Ring
Yes, I'm making another Bray Wyatt thread. I like the guy, sue me.

So, after his loss to The Undertaker at Wrestlemania it seems Bray Wyatt has set his sights on a new target. Bray's promo last night on Raw focused on the concepts of "determination" and "fear", and my first thought jumped to Roman Reigns. He said something along the lines of, "it is not success that molds you, but your fear of failure," and stated that his mind will be his undoing... Wyatt also emphasized the word face in his promo. To me, this could possibly describe 2 people (unless I'm forgetting about someone): John Cena, and Roman Reigns. I highly doubt WWE would put Wyatt with Cena so soon after the culmination of their 4 month feud, so I'm seeing a rather drawn out program between Wyatt and Reigns following Extreme Rules.

On the one hand, I'd be into this feud solely because Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns are two of the brightest young stars in the WWE today. I'd be interested to see where they would be able to take this program, and how Reigns holds up on the mic against Wyatt. It keeps both guys in a high-profile spotlight following their losses at Mania, and gives one the opportunity to bounce back strong. On the other hand, somebody ultimately has to lose this one and neither guy can really afford another loss at this point... that being said, I'm sure it would be an interesting scenario nonetheless.

So, do you think it's Roman Reigns that Wyatt's targeting, or somebody else?

Would you be interested?

Honestly I think it will end up being Randy Orton. Like you said Wyatt is in need of a win and losing isn't going to hurt Randy Orton much. He can look strong against Rollins at Extreme Rules and Wyatt can come out and take him down. Also it seems to fit the way they are handling Rollins title run in the early stages. I for one would be more than okay with an Orton/Wyatt program.

As for the topic at hand, I could definitely get behind a Reigns/Wyatt feud. Back when Shield and Wyatt's would clash, Reigns and Bray were the guys everyone wanted to see square off. I think they could pull off some good stuff and it would certainly allow them to show what they got. However I'd save that for Summerslam or hold it off until next WrestleMania.

They really need to work out what they want Bray Wyatt to be to be honest as he's in desperate need of some proper direction. You can only listen to him talk about fear and monsters so much before you get bored of it and I think I've reached that point with him.

I'd rather see him taken off TV for a few months whilst they work it out than have him thrown in to another feud that has absolutely no meaning. If it's Roman Reigns he's feuding with he's in trouble too as I see Reigns winning that feud and right now Bray needs to start backing up his claims.

I hope Theo Mays is correct, and Orton turns out to be Wyatt's next target, and possibly a new recruit towards Following the Buzzards.

As for Reigns vs Wyatt, if that is in the works, it smells of another 'premature' feud like that of Ambrose vs Wyatt, where both guys are up and comers and neither can afford a loss if they want to bounce back up the card.
Ambrose vs Wyatt was a feud I wanted to see, but they jumped the gun on it big time, and Reigns vs Wyatt would, lMO, be no different also.

They worked some live events together so maybe. The words definitely apply to Reigns. Reigns doesn't have a match at Extreme Rules and this would be an interesting feud for both. It would give Wyatt a different style of match and Reigns a purpose to his promos. Hopefully, he wouldn't go down the same route as Cena with the jokes. That shouldn't be what Reigns is about.

Everyone knows this would be better for Reigns than Show. They could have three PPV matches and maybe trade wins or whatever. Both end the feud looking better for it with Reigns coming up on top. Reigns could move on to someone like Rusev, Sheamus or even Triple H. Bray could chase Bryan or Orton. Maybe even Taker at Summerslam if he was up for it. Ultimately, both would get to Summerslam and have big victories after the disappointment of Mania.

Both guys lost at Mania and a feud between the two would be entertaining. That's all that really matters and the matches would be great. Both guys look better for it and we get a glimpse of the future. Everyone wins as long as they have a plan for both after a potential feud.

Hopefully it isn't Reigns, since Roman would end up going over and Wyatt can't afford another loss in a big feud.

Orton makes sense from a booking perspective and the two characters would compliment each other well and Orton can take a loss.

As an outside bet, maybe its Ziggler? Unless they go with a Bryan/Ziggler feud after Extreme Rules, he won't have anything else to do and it fits the determination part.

I tuned Wyatt out when he came on last night but based on the quotes you provided in the OP it sounds more like Orton. Roman Reigns is in reality and on the show far from the 'face'. Orton had a whole bit where he was calling himself the face of the company. The fear of failure stuff rings true for Orton as well.

This could turn in to another lame hologram at Extreme Rules for Orton and Rollins the same way we ended Rollins and Ambrose. Orton will just forget Rollins and the title and go after Wyatt.

If it is Reigns then I don't care. Wyatt and Reigns have been the most disappointing stars over the past year. They are too geared to kids and others with short memories for my tastes.

I see that u passed ur hearing test on RAW last night. But, ur vision may need checked again. After Bray spoke his words of wisdom, he called himself"The New Face of Fear" again. Then, the camera cuts to a Ryback promo, n what's on painted on his singlet?... "Fear R". This leads me to believe it'll be Bray vs. Ryback down the line. And, hopefully Ryback will "Follow The Buzzards".

Wow totally forgot about Randy Orton. Orton is another strong option, which would make for some great TV. I like this feud a lot better than Reigns/Wyatt tbh... Ryback is another good choice that I never really thought about... he could use a spotlight feud whether he comes out on top or not. That being said...

I still think its Reigns.

They really need to work out what they want Bray Wyatt to be to be honest as he's in desperate need of some proper direction. You can only listen to him talk about fear and monsters so much before you get bored of it and I think I've reached that point with him.

I'd rather see him taken off TV for a few months whilst they work it out than have him thrown in to another feud that has absolutely no meaning. If it's Roman Reigns he's feuding with he's in trouble too as I see Reigns winning that feud and right now Bray needs to start backing up his claims.

The post is spot on.

Wyatt needs a direction change and quickly, because he is becoming quite honestly the most boring wrestler on the roster. None of his past feuds seem to have been very well planned out, and he's come up the loser in most of them.

His promo's that were and on some occasions still are brilliant. But if you listen closely he's just saying the same thing week in and week out, just changing the words around. After I hear it once, don't want to hear it again.

As for Reigns, neither one can afford a loss at this point. Reigns is coming off winning the Rumble and then losing at Mania, Wyatt on the other hand has lost most of the feuds he's been in, with the exception of Ambrose.

I don't know who's he's targeted this time, sounds like Orton, so let them go at it for awhile. Just to the point with Wyatt where I don't care anymore.

I see that u passed ur hearing test on RAW last night. But, ur vision may need checked again. After Bray spoke his words of wisdom, he called himself"The New Face of Fear" again. Then, the camera cuts to a Ryback promo, n what's on painted on his singlet?... "Fear R". This leads me to believe it'll be Bray vs. Ryback down the line. And, hopefully Ryback will "Follow The Buzzards".

I'm not speaking for him, but I generally do not pay attention to what was printed on the shirt or singlet everytime someone stepped into the camera. I've always thought it was "it's feeding time" or "feed me more"...

So, do you think it's Roman Reigns that Wyatt's targeting, or somebody else?
Dont think so...

Think Reigns is getting some Authority feud(which is smart if they want to get him over as face) and Wyatt probably Cena or Orton. There were talks about Wyatt/Bryan again, but dont think they will do that now...

Though would love it to be Ryback. Both are so boring that they will make one perfect boredome ideal for PPV "piss break". :p

The post is spot on.

Wyatt needs a direction change and quickly, because he is becoming quite honestly the most boring wrestler on the roster. None of his past feuds seem to have been very well planned out, and he's come up the loser in most of them.

His promo's that were and on some occasions still are brilliant. But if you listen closely he's just saying the same thing week in and week out, just changing the words around. After I hear it once, don't want to hear it again.

As for Reigns, neither one can afford a loss at this point. Reigns is coming off winning the Rumble and then losing at Mania, Wyatt on the other hand has lost most of the feuds he's been in, with the exception of Ambrose.

I don't know who's he's targeted this time, sounds like Orton, so let them go at it for awhile. Just to the point with Wyatt where I don't care anymore.

They need to turn him face. Wyatt is starting to become the new Kane. The star they build up to look like a threat to the big stars but they never pull the trigger to give him a signature win. They'd never book Kane to beat SCSA, Taker, HHH etc. clean, it was always conditional. I'm starting to see the same with Wyatt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back