Wyatts Winter tale

ryder123

Edgeheadsince99
I think of Wrestling in a way that's different from others, for example Bray Wyatt was on TV doing epic segments for weeks with John Cena, quite possibly some of the best work I've seen in a longtime and the matches were fantastic, then comes his feud with Chris Jericho and for me it hasn't clicked, I love Jericho, always have but WWE are giving Wyatt a sort of break if you will and putting him in a much tamer feud which brings me to Bray Wyatt in Winter, Will we see him in a much bigger spotlight? I think so. I think he is going to go against the Authority. Picture this...

The Authority keep targeting Roman Reigns for weeks, after a classic beat down Evolution style, Kane and HHH (or Batista) holding Reigns while Orton lays on the Beating, EPIC Wyatt introduction, they appear in the ring surrounding Reigns when they quickly turn around to face the Authority, Harper and Rowan attack Kane and Batista, while Wyatt begs Orton to strike him, Orton and HHH Escape, Bray then targets Orton in a few matches eventually leading to Survivor Series, The Wyatts & Reigns Vs The Authority, HHH, Orton, Batista and Kane.

Obviously its just a thought and I'm not saying Wyatt and Jericho haven't performed we'll because they have, the matches have been good and the promos exceptional but its missing that special something. I also think Batista will try and be a Face upon his return, it remains to be seen. But a Wyatt Winter is looming and we better be ready...

Well for one, I feel like Batista will be face if he returns...WWE would want fans to like him being as he's in that movie.

And to be fair, Bray writes his own promos right? So he's choosing to not be as interesting? Here's my problem.

Orton put over Bryan at Wrestlemania
HHH put over Bryan at Wrestlemania.
Kane put over Bryan at Payback(whatever the April PPV was)
Evolution put over the Shield at Payback
Evolution put over the Shield at whatever the May PPV was
Orton put over Reigns at SummerSlam
Triple H will put over Reigns soon...Orton likely will again.

If you think about it, Orton hasn't won on PPV since Elimination Chamber?
How about Triple H? Kane?

They've been putting guys over so often that I feel like this match won't help :p

Granted if this happened I wouldn't knock it, the fans wanna cheer for the Wyatts...so let em

Wyatt vs Jericho as a feud, for me really has fallen flat. We still don't know what started this feud. Jericho keeps being cheesy as hell in his promos. Wyatt is basically carrying this alone. Something I would never thought I would say when Jericho is involved. The matches have been good but that's more because of Wyatt's antics than anything. Jericho really seems to be here just to be here and I doubt much will change for their next match. They'll have some sort of stipulation and Jericho will just go on hiatus again and beating Jericho this time around really doesnt matter that much.

Jericho said he can get crazy like 49 times and in 2 Special Events + build up to them, nothing has happened besides Wyatt doing all the work.

That's just how I view it someone might think Jericho did all the work but I just don't see it.

I expect his next feud to be better. I hope they do him justice this winter because this summer feud is really beneath him really. I thought Jericho would create magic but he didnt. I might have expected too much and so, got dissapointed.

Wyatt vs Jericho as a feud, for me really has fallen flat. We still don't know what started this feud. Jericho keeps being cheesy as hell in his promos. Wyatt is basically carrying this alone. Something I would never thought I would say when Jericho is involved. The matches have been good but that's more because of Wyatt's antics than anything. Jericho really seems to be here just to be here and I doubt much will change for their next match. They'll have some sort of stipulation and Jericho will just go on hiatus again and beating Jericho this time around really doesnt matter that much.

Jericho said he can get crazy like 49 times and in 2 Special Events + build up to them, nothing has happened besides Wyatt doing all the work.

That's just how I view it someone might think Jericho did all the work but I just don't see it.

I expect his next feud to be better. I hope they do him justice this winter because this summer feud is really beneath him really. I thought Jericho would create magic but he didnt. I might have expected too much and so, got dissapointed.

While I definitely agree this feud has been less than magical, I don't quite think it's Jericho's problem. For one, absolutely no one knows why he's being attacked, we can't make sense out of the nonsense Bray has spewed and who's to say Jericho can either. An attacked face who doesn't know why he's been attacked is just a confused face. So this feud has seen Jericho play the part of a confused face.

I don't think Jericho did all the work, I'd say they've both done equal. Bray has given Chris nothing to work with and it's hurting Bray in the end. If Bray came out and said "I attacked Jericho because of point A, B and E," then Chris could come out and argue those points and say that Bray is believing his own crap he's spewing. It's not great but with Chris Jericho saying it, it'd probably be pretty great.

Due to the amount of control Bray apparently has on his promos, this falls squarely on him. It takes two to tango. He's the heel, he's supposed to invest us into the feud and Jericho is supposed to make us believe he can win the feud...which we as IWC members know, won't happen.

While I definitely agree this feud has been less than magical, I don't quite think it's Jericho's problem. For one, absolutely no one knows why he's being attacked, we can't make sense out of the nonsense Bray has spewed and who's to say Jericho can either. An attacked face who doesn't know why he's been attacked is just a confused face. So this feud has seen Jericho play the part of a confused face.

I don't think Jericho did all the work, I'd say they've both done equal. Bray has given Chris nothing to work with and it's hurting Bray in the end. If Bray came out and said "I attacked Jericho because of point A, B and E," then Chris could come out and argue those points and say that Bray is believing his own crap he's spewing. It's not great but with Chris Jericho saying it, it'd probably be pretty great.

Due to the amount of control Bray apparently has on his promos, this falls squarely on him. It takes two to tango. He's the heel, he's supposed to invest us into the feud and Jericho is supposed to make us believe he can win the feud...which we as IWC members know, won't happen.

I honestly don't understand how so many people don't get why Bray Wyatt attacked Jericho in the first place. Wyatt has been saying it for two months now! When Chris Jericho first returned way back in 07 or 08 or whenever, he had those coded vignettes that ultimately spelt out "Save Us Y2J". Jericho was supposed to be the "savior" to the bland, unentertaining crap that WWE was spewing out at the time, and ultimately, while his run was great, he ended up leaving not a year later... So Wyatt has been attacking Jericho for his "hypocrisy" and for leaving the people when he said he would save us.

I think a lot of people are blaming Wyatt in this feud because in the IWC's eyes, Jericho can do no wrong, but I think it has actually been Jericho that has fallen flat both on the mic and quite frankly in the ring.

I honestly don't understand how so many people don't get why Bray Wyatt attacked Jericho in the first place. Wyatt has been saying it for two months now! When Chris Jericho first returned way back in 07 or 08 or whenever, he had those coded vignettes that ultimately spelt out "Save Us Y2J". Jericho was supposed to be the "savior" to the bland, unentertaining crap that WWE was spewing out at the time, and ultimately, while his run was great, he ended up leaving not a year later... So Wyatt has been attacking Jericho for his "hypocrisy" and for leaving the people when he said he would save us.

I think a lot of people are blaming Wyatt in this feud because in the IWC's eyes, Jericho can do no wrong, but I think it has actually been Jericho that has fallen flat both on the mic and quite frankly in the ring.

So you're saying that they're mad that back 6-7 years ago when Jericho came back and lost to Randy Orton, that's what this feud is about? I never really heard that, he just said Y2J you were gonna save us but you didn't. But he never directly referenced it. He's referencing a gimmick from half a decade ago.

I don't believe I blamed Bray, I said they were both to blame. Jericho isn't working the storyline as well as he should. I'm just saying Bray is the person who has something to lose in this. He didn't come out and say "Jericho you abandoned us and so now I'll be our savior by saving us from the hypocrite that is Raw Is Jericho." Bam, there'd be no confusion. Jericho could come out the next week and make up some excuse or acknowledge it and we'd all still be upset.

A feud is two guys, but when you're feuding with a part time guy(Rock, Lesnar, Jericho) and you're a full time guy, you need to pull the weight like nobody's business. Jericho isn't doing amazing but he has nothing to lose here. I mean he lost to Fandango at Wrestlemania

So you're saying that they're mad that back 6-7 years ago when Jericho came back and lost to Randy Orton, that's what this feud is about? I never really heard that, he just said Y2J you were gonna save us but you didn't. But he never directly referenced it. He's referencing a gimmick from half a decade ago.

I don't believe I blamed Bray, I said they were both to blame. Jericho isn't working the storyline as well as he should. I'm just saying Bray is the person who has something to lose in this. He didn't come out and say "Jericho you abandoned us and so now I'll be our savior by saving us from the hypocrite that is Raw Is Jericho." Bam, there'd be no confusion. Jericho could come out the next week and make up some excuse or acknowledge it and we'd all still be upset.

A feud is two guys, but when you're feuding with a part time guy(Rock, Lesnar, Jericho) and you're a full time guy, you need to pull the weight like nobody's business. Jericho isn't doing amazing but he has nothing to lose here. I mean he lost to Fandango at Wrestlemania

You just said it... "Wyatt said Y2J you were going to save us but you didn't." There you go. That's what this feud is based on. Does he really need to ACTUALLY reference when Jericho first returned for the fans to get it? I guess he does considering the number of people that have been confused by this, but to me it's been pretty obvious. Bray's "all for the people" and Y2J "turned his back" on the people, so believe it or not Bray's actually fighting for us. Odd I know.

I didn't say that you specifically blamed Bray, I've just seen a lot of people bash Bray Wyatt when imo, he has been outperforming Jericho which I never in my wildest dreams thought would happen. Also Bray doesn't come out and say it, because that's not Bray Wyatt... The guy is supposed to get his point across with riddles and metaphors. I think he has, but that's just me.

You just said it... "Wyatt said Y2J you were going to save us but you didn't." There you go. That's what this feud is based on. Does he really need to ACTUALLY reference when Jericho first returned for the fans to get it? I guess he does considering the number of people that have been confused by this, but to me it's been pretty obvious. Bray's "all for the people" and Y2J "turned his back" on the people, so believe it or not Bray's actually fighting for us. Odd I know.

I didn't say that you specifically blamed Bray, I've just seen a lot of people bash Bray Wyatt when imo, he has been outperforming Jericho which I never in my wildest dreams thought would happen. Also Bray doesn't come out and say it, because that's not Bray Wyatt... The guy is supposed to get his point across with riddles and metaphors. I think he has, but that's just me.

I think he does need to say it. I mean you can't just plop something on the screen based on something from 7 years ago. I mean really that's longer than the attitude era went on.

Granted it is kinda his character but couldn't he just have a video prepared? Like on Raw a video package is put together to show when Jericho came back?

And to be fair Bray should be outperforming Jericho. He has a lot to prove and he's the heel so :p

I think Jericho - and I am a huge fan - has just been phoning it in. He has fallen into that rut part timers get in where they rely on their one-liners and catch phrases to "win" a verbal battle. Think about when Rock came back and it was just a tangle of catch phrases and one-liners. Here is Bray Wyatt with a long drawn out dialogue and Jericho just says something along the lines of "Let's get crazy! You'll never be the same AGAYNE!" over and over - its like listening to a presidential debate where one of the guys refuses to answer the actual question and just tries to get his point across, regardless of what the other guy was saying.

To me it seems like Jericho wanted to work with the guy because he had faith in him and wanted to put him over - which is great - but simply losing to a guy isn't always putting him over, especially when you lose as often as Jericho does.

I have to agree with this. Ever since Bray Wyatt came on the scene I thought what a great promo artist he is, but hearing the same thing week after week begins to grind on you. Especially when nothing really happens.

Wyatt has made a habit of picking a certain person. First it was Bryan, then Cena, now Jericho, cutting these long promo's and then failing when it comes to actually comes to doing what he says he will.

If he was as good in the ring as he is as cutting a promo, he would be holding the titles right now. The fact that he isn't anywhere near them says a lot. There is a saying, "talk is cheap, actions speak louder than word's". This would apply to Bray Wyatt. He sounds great, but he can't deliver when needed too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back