Sting vs Bray Wyatt = Best for Business?

Turnz05

Dark Match Winner
There's been a lot of talk of Sting returning to action somewhere down the line and most talk is usually about facing The Undertaker.

However, as we saw clearly at Wrestlemania 30, The Undertaker looked a step behind where he was a couple of years ago, and to wrestle an opponent who is also old and past his prime could be a mistake on WWE's part, although the razzmatazz and promos would probably be epic.

However, with the streak now non existent I'm thinking that Sting's most natural opponent would be........Bray Wyatt

Bray has had a few cool feuds with the likes of Kane, Bryan, Cena and now Jericho and has been put over by each to some degree, but I think that Wyatt needs that one feud with a dark character, and maybe a passing of the torch style thing where Bray beats Sting.

Thoughts?

I don't see Sting vs. Wyatt happening. Maybe if WWE were going to get a few years of action out of him it would happen, but as it is I think Sting is limited to a match against Undertaker and possibly Cena. Though I'd be for pairing Cena & Sting together in a tag match, possibly against The Wyatt's, as his first match.

Wyatt will also be a face when/if Sting ever eventually wrestlers for WWE.

If/when Sting does show up on WWE TV, I agree that Sting should have a high profile match at a Wrestlemania event (for possibly his final match). Personally, I think a nostalgia match would be better than Sting putting over a younger guy. If a match against The Undertaker is truly off the table, then I think the next best guy for Sting to face is The Rock.

Obviously a Sting/Rock rivalry would have been a HUGE deal 10+ years ago, but I think a match between the two guys who at one point were the "franchise players" (I know that can be argued, but whatever) for WWE & WCW respectively would still be great in 2015. Like I already said, a nostalgia match is something I'd rather see as a fan, but I might be in the minority. Personally, the feuds I'd like to see Sting involved in would be against Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and/or The Rock. An Undertaker feud would be amazing, especially if Kane got involved. I'm probably one of the only people who'd also like to see Sting/Kane; I think that could be a great lead-up match to Sting/Undertaker...but again, the money match would be against 'Taker.

If Sting were to fight a younger guy, Bray Wyatt would be a good choice (probably better than any of the former Shield guys, for instance). Giving Sting a stable to feud with (ie: The Wyatts) would be a bit of a nod to his days fighting the nWo, at the very least...and I'm not going to lie: seeing a Sister Abigail reversed into a Scorpion Death Drop would make me mark out like a nine-year old Cena fan. There could be mind games played, etc...but I dunno. I just don't like the idea of Sting coming in to put over young stars. I'd like it better if we were to see at least one "dream match" that we would have seen right after WCW closed down, and at this point in time I think The Rock is the guy. Sting may or may not have a lot of matches left (at least high profile matches), and I believe those are better saved for any or all dream matches that can still be done in this day & age.

My dream scenario would be for under taker to appear at wrestle mania but before he can even say a word he is interrupted by a group of heel wrestlers in the same vein as the nexus who have been destroying face wrestlers for a few months.

They enter the ring surrounding taker and right before they attack the lights go out, sting descends from the rafters scaring the group of heels back to one corner of the ring.

The heels regroup and get ready to attack again when the Wyatt scream cuts the lights. When the lights come back on the Wyatt's are in between taker sting and the heels. They face sting and taker staring them down, but then slowly turn around to face the heels teaming with sting and taker and evening the numbers.

This would send the crowd nuts, give sting his wrestle mania moment, and let the Wyatt's do the heavy lifting so that taker and sting can get their spots in without breaking their grandpa like bodies. It would have the crowd going crazy over hot tags, entrances, and the finish. Plus it would be so much more interesting than two saggy old guys wrestling the slowest match in wrestle mania history where the loser goes down in history as the weaker of the two.

Only problem is no nexus, nothing even close, and nothing like it in the foreseeable future

It doesn't matter who Sting wrestles, the WWE will screw up whoever they try to set him up with. Unless it's their creation, they'll have no clue.
See Steiners, Road Warriors, Lex Luger, Dusty Rhodes, Sid Vicious, etc.

Sting is someone who is going to be 56 years old.. If indeed the Undertaker match is off the table (A match that should have happened at WM22) then truly who is worthy to meet sting? We have and I mean the majority of the IWC have been wanting to see Sting vs Taker for years.. Its a tragedy that match never happened or Sting never signed with the WWE..

Back when WCW folded in 2001,Stinger chose not to sign with the WWE.. Not sure if he thought he would have been buried or not,but it is what it is.. The next opponent probably would have to be the Rock.. Two generations different ones would cross paths,both of them Icons and the Rock and Sting would be a great match IMO.. Even at 56,if Sting got himself into decent shape this could be a great WM match..

I think its safe to say Sting will do one match and one match only for the WWE.. Bray Wyatt is nowhere in the league of Sting.. If Taker cant do it,the Rock,or Trips!

Personally, I'd love to see the match since Bray is probably the closest on the active roster to the Undertaker and could probably put on a good match with Sting.

However, I'm sure with all the publicity and money invested in him, they'll want to go with a proven draw to get a return on their investment.

I'd say HHH vs. Sting is their best bet. Probably the best bad guy they got on their roster and he's a proven draw

Sting, an industry icon, pay-per-view headliner and multi-time world champion, who is about to appear in WWE for the first time to round out a shining 30-year career.

Bray Wyatt, a cool character who's held nothing, headlined nothing, and has been on television for a year.

What's wrong with this picture? Sorry folks, Sting's WWE debut is huge, and he commands an opponent of equal stature. He has to go against a WWF icon who main-evented opposite him back in the day and who still has headliner standing, meaning that the only viable opponents are The Undertaker, Triple H and, if he can make WM31, The Rock.

Sting may be best for business, but Bray Wyatt is best for going out of business. SERIOUSLY!!! What the hell do all of you marks see in this horrible character!?

While I can see the eerie similarity that Sting and Bray Wyatt share, I don't think it's a good choice based on that alone. Remember Sting vs Vampiro back in WCW?

Sting should face a top star in the WWE. Someone of legendary status like himself. Undertaker would have fit the bill, but we don't know how he's doing physically and if he can still go in the ring without fatigue. The only other guy that I can think of at this point that might be a good match for Sting is Triple H. I can imagine several good promos coming out of these two guys. Triple H can talk about Sting's past accomplishments and how he was the franchise player of WCW and then talk about how he thinks Sting might think he's too good for WWE or something. Triple H can say something like how Sting hasn't done it all until he's wrestled on the biggest stage at WrestleMania.

In all honesty, the dream booking that I have in mind for Sting would be a) Sting vs Triple H @ Royal Rumble b) Sting vs Undertaker at WrestleMania c) Sting vs The Rock @ SummerSlam

Fuck, I hate myself for saying this but the only person I can see Sting debuting against that makes sense and will work is Randy Orton. Randy Orton is WWE through and through. He is a heel who will make any match look competitive. He has a history with older wrestlers. He can be a bully and garner heat. He can antagonize Sting in to a match by basically calling Sting, "Old". At his age and ability, Sting has no business debuting against someone at the top (Cena, Lesnar, Bryan) or someone who is developing (Wyatt, Rollins, Cesaro), and definitely not someone that needs help working a match (UT, Reigns). Orton gives him a decent feud, decent match and lacks predictability. If it works out for Sting and Sting wants to do more he can move on to the other guys that are more frequently discussed (Wyatt, UT, but not Cena or Lesnar).

Del Rio would be my second choice for a debut match or feud so yeah, I'll take your red rep accordingly.

Fuck, I hate myself for saying this but the only person I can see Sting debuting against that makes sense and will work is Randy Orton. Randy Orton is WWE through and through. He is a heel who will make any match look competitive. He has a history with older wrestlers. He can be a bully and garner heat. He can antagonize Sting in to a match by basically calling Sting, "Old". At his age and ability, Sting has no business debuting against someone at the top (Cena, Lesnar, Bryan) or someone who is developing (Wyatt, Rollins, Cesaro), and definitely not someone that needs help working a match (UT, Reigns). Orton gives him a decent feud, decent match and lacks predictability. If it works out for Sting and Sting wants to do more he can move on to the other guys that are more frequently discussed (Wyatt, UT, but not Cena or Lesnar).

Just what if...WHAT IF they brought back the Legend Killer for one more appearance. He was pretty damn great as the Legend Killer, and I think it could work if they threw that sack of meat with white facepaint into the ring and expected him to actually wrestle.

At his age and ability, Sting has no business debuting against someone at the top (Cena, Lesnar, Bryan) or someone who is developing (Wyatt, Rollins, Cesaro), and definitely not someone that needs help working a match (UT, Reigns).

Are you kidding me? Sting can still go in the ring and had several solid to good matches in TNA over the past several years. Factor in that he's taking off time for one last match and going to be on a huge stage of Wrestlemania, it's safe to say that Sting will be in phenomenal shape for this match.

Also, he's the ONLY "free agent" in wrestling that is a legitimate icon. When he wrestles for the WWE, it'd better be against another icon - i.e. Cena, The Rock, Lesnar, Undertaker, Triple H - or his one WWE match will be wasted. When Sting does wrestle it will be one of the biggest matches in recent history. I know you said debut match, but it's probably only going to be one match total for WWE. They need to get the most out of it.

Personally, I think Sting should face any of the guys listed above, but to me, to get the most out of his performance in the ring would be against Triple H. He can still carry a match and make Sting's weaknesses look minimal. I think they would mesh together and it would be an exciting match. For pure drawing power, obviously Sting vs Taker would be a "fantasy match" but I just don't know how much Undertaker has left in the tank. He looked awful at Wrestlemania XXX.

It's safe to say that Sting is still in as bad of shape as he was at the turn of the year, wrestling in XXL T-Shirts. There's absolutely ZERO evidence that he has done anything to change that.

Are you kidding me? Sting can still go in the ring and had several solid to good matches in TNA over the past several years.

Not sure if I agree that his matches were all that solid or all that good but if we are talking about debuting a guy at his age against the current guys who are the biggest stars in the world (Cena, Bryan, Lesnar, The Rock) on a big stage I want to know I'm getting better than solid or good. Using someone like Orton will help me figure out what I am getting before I waste a big time match.

Factor in that he's taking off time for one last match and going to be on a huge stage of Wrestlemania, it's safe to say that Sting will be in phenomenal shape for this match.

He's 56, no disrespect to the the guy but getting in phenomenal shape at 20 is tough. At 56, it is really difficult. After seeing him in a T-shirt for the past few years I think using the word "safe" is a real stretch.

Also, he's the ONLY "free agent" in wrestling that is a legitimate icon. When he wrestles for the WWE, it'd better be against another icon - i.e. Cena, The Rock, Lesnar, Undertaker, Triple H - or his one WWE match will be wasted. When Sting does wrestle it will be one of the biggest matches in recent history. I know you said debut match, but it's probably only going to be one match total for WWE. They need to get the most out of it.

Maybe from a financial standpoint you are right. Squeeze all the juice out of Sting that you can. I'm just not sure he is going to get people invested to separate from their money for one match. He is not The Rock. He is not even Flair or Hogan. I think the guy needs to build himself and WWE has to be sure of what he has to offer before handing him a WM mainish event spot. I'm also speaking as a fan, I don't want a slow old Sting getting a big spot. I want to know that he is primed to go before I waste my time on a 55 year old who disappointed me at the end of his TNA run.

Personally, I think Sting should face any of the guys listed above, but to me, to get the most out of his performance in the ring would be against Triple H. He can still carry a match and make Sting's weaknesses look minimal. I think they would mesh together and it would be an exciting match. For pure drawing power, obviously Sting vs Taker would be a "fantasy match" but I just don't know how much Undertaker has left in the tank. He looked awful at Wrestlemania XXX.

I can support a HHH match. But look at what you pointed out about Sting, he has "weaknesses". If you, who seems to be a really big fan of the guy thinks he has weaknesses, what business does he have getting in the ring with the top guys in WWE? To me, it fails logic.

I can support a HHH match. But look at hat you pointed out about Sting, he has "weaknesses". If you, who seems to be a really big fan of the guy thinks he has weaknesses, what business does he have getting in the ring with the top guys in WWE? To me, it fails logic.

Not really failed logic, but he isn't prime Sting. We know that, but to insinuate he'd embarrass himself if given the opportunity against the biggest stars of today is a discredit to his entire career. Hogan was in arguably worse shape/worse in the ring when he wrestled The Rock at WM 18 and Vince McMahon at WM 19. Both of those matches delivered. Heck, even Sting/Hogan at Bound for Glory 2011 was pretty good to watch and Hogan couldn't even bump! Sting (and Ric Flair to some degree) took most of the punishment in that match, but to some degree it delivered. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Hey forget wyatt, i could see sting vs ziggler, ambrose, riegns, rollins and many many iwc fav young stars (hooray)..... provided sting agrees to work a schedule like jericho which he wrestles on raw and ppv.

My point is that sting pretty much has one or two matches in him. His FIRST EVER (last) match in wwe is not gonna be (most likely) remembered by ppl of sting vs bray wyatt. Its gonna be that big match against a hhh, cena, taker etc. those caliber of guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back