• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pokémon GO

Whilst the game has a built in Pokedex I'm using the following to mark the ones off I have:
intheworks.png

EDIT:

My current Pokédex:

CoKnuyVWYAA3cY5.jpg

Can confirm. Pokemon quality is determined by the number of players nearby. Went out for fast food last night and there I caught Ponyta, Vulpix, Electabuzz, Seel and a shit load more. At home in the suburbs it's all rattatas all the time.

I think the number of players increases the spawn rate which in turn increases the chance of rarer Pokemon. IIRC I saw that about 2.5% of all the spawns in the world are ratatas

As I understand it Lures are effectively multiply the number of current players increasing spawn time

Not sure that's true. We live out in the burbs and there is a local park, the other night there must have been about 300 people there walking around playing the game. There is a huge pond, 4 Pokestops and 2 gyms, all that appeared where really crap Pokeman. That's with lures at each Pokestop that kept getting refreshed every half hour.

On the drive home through one of the residential areas where no one was playing my son had a Dragonair and a Snorlax on nearby. This is miles away from the park where everyone was. Checked the Pokevision map when we got home and they were there, we were about two streets over from both of them on the drive home. The timer would have run out by the time we got back to get them though.

The lake beside our house never has water Pokemon in it either, frustrating as you'd think that were they would show up.

Considering I got it on the 16th, I have a problem!

There's an Electrabuzz nearby but I'm in bed. The dilemma!

I'm level 18 at the moment. Not bad considering I have a full time job and a 4 month old kid! ;)

You should have used PokeVision. I've been finding that to be quite useful.

You should have used PokeVision. I've been finding that to be quite useful.

That's a fantastic site, we use it all the time. Mind you it's not a very stable site but when it is can't beat it. Will be nice when the fix the tracking system in the game itself.

Very nice Nate. I have 74 in my Pokedex but I've only had the game 10 days.

Yeah I've had it for a little over 2 weeks. About halfway to level 23.

I've walked 82.5 kilometers. If I could just quit with the soda, I'd probably be shedding weight like a motherfucker. There's no way I've walked even half that much in the past 3 years combined.

Just had that Elctrabuzz rock up! Woop.

I've walked 57km with 75 in my Pokédex.

THis Pokévision website is great. Been able to catch a Tentacool and Kabuto with it as well as the additional Venonat I needed to get Venemoth.

Now if my 10K eggs would stop being a bitch and giving me Jynx's that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back