Ever Wished The Pokemon Anime Was More Like the Games Red/Blue?

M

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
It's happening, they're making the original games into an anime.... Or at least they're taking the world, premise and characters and following more of the structure... Or they're just rebooting the series... Or something...
The reports I've been reading are pretty conflicting, and my Jap is far from spectacular so I actually barely know anything at this point (hence why I'm chucking this in spam 7 hours after the trailer came out instead of non-spam instantaneously, I tried to research properly, I really did)

Here's an article on it:
AnimeNewsNetwork said:
The Pocket Monsters: The Origin television anime will premiere in Japan on October 2 at 7:00 p.m. The anime was announced at the "Pokémon Game Show" event held at the Tokyo Big Site event center on Saturday.

Images from a promotional video shown at the event reveal that the anime will feature the player and rival characters from Nintendo's original Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green (released as Pokémon Blue in North America) video games. The original games' and television series' first gym leader Takeshi (known as Brock in English) will also appear in the upcoming anime. The Pokémon Hitokage (Charmander), Ishitsubute (Geodude), and Kamex (Blastoise) are featured in the promotional video.

The article's pretty non-descriptive to me, but here's the trailer:
[YOUTUBE]_Lyi2RSVxqg[/YOUTUBE]

I'm pretty excited for this, it's gonna be a damn good birthday present (airs on my birthday) and I've wanted a Pokemon anime to follow this structure since I first played the games - are you guys as excited as I am?

When Ash was in Misty's gym and he decided that he was going to rest Pikachu that time, that single solitary frickin' time for his Pidgeotto, I got upset. I would like to try this out if nothing else.

I find it really cool. I'm curious if they're going to keep the names of the characters, Red and Blue- or if they're going to give them brand new names. I'm kind of excited just looking at it. I feel, as a 21 year old adult, that I shouldn't be as excited seeing that trailer as I am.

It seems like it will be following the story of the manga, which is brilliant because the Pokemon manga is surprisingly violent and gritty :D
In the manga the characters are named Red and Green, and I think the trailer alluded to it being that way too so that's probably how they're naming them (until the English version comes out and they name Green as Blue)

The original anime followed the plot of the games pretty accurately - there was fuck all narrative and ceaseless wandering from place to place.

The TV movie thing makes sense, the chapters starring red and green pretty much end after the pokemon league part and they switch over to yellow's storyline. The manga's considered a lot better than the anime I think so that'll still be a plus. I just wanna see Arbok get sliced up.

I'm not sure there is, or has ever been, a single animated property in existence where the manga is not considered "vastly superior" by the kind of people who make such statements.

Steins;gate is the first thing that comes to my mind, its ranked #2 for best of all time on myanimelist.com and blows all the other versions of it out of the water. I think that may be the case with code geass as well, and apparently the manga for love lab is shithouse... But as a general rule if an anime comes out and there's any sort of difference from the manga or there's a microscopic flaw, you'll get a bunch of idiots demanding a redo. It's that sort of thing that makes me visit these forums instead of anime ones, believe it or not but the people here are geniuses compared to them.

Either way I'm happy to see a new direction in the pokemon TV franchise, it would be amazing to get all the separate sagas of Pokemon Adventures on screen.

I was confused when I first started playing the games because I was introduced to Pokemon through the anime.

This does look like fun though. It looks as if Lance will be in it. Curious if they'll do Lavender Town

Lance is in it, brock's in it, red and green look like their design's different, haven't seen blue anywhere so that's a hint towards the anime following the game and not the manga.. If I was good enough at Japanese to translate their web page I'd probably know what's going on a lot better. Serebii's reporting that its just the games - but I don't like serebii so I'm only taking that with a grain of salt.

If it is indeed the game, then I'm quite worried how they'll fit it all into just a one off TV special (unless its 3 hours long) because there's too many landmarks that are important and shouldn't be cut out.

...I won't get to see arbok get chopped up :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back