• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pokémon GO

Spent 20 goddamn minutes looking for a Nidorino that was supposedly in the area. This 3 step bug is driving me crazy.,

Spent 20 goddamn minutes looking for a Nidorino that was supposedly in the area. This 3 step bug is driving me crazy.,

Yeah it sucks. I haven't played as much since it's happened because it's just too hard to find Pokemon. I've heard they are trying to fix it (which is obvious) so hopefully it's not too long now.

Since last night, every time I open the game I get the map but no Pokemon/Pokestops/Gyms nearby (There are about 5 Pokestops within 1km of my home). Also the distance covered by me is not registered. I've tried restarting the app/phone and switching to mobile data/WiFi, but still face the same issue.

Anyone else face anything similar?

Since last night, every time I open the game I get the map but no Pokemon/Pokestops/Gyms nearby (There are about 5 Pokestops within 1km of my home). Also the distance covered by me is not registered. I've tried restarting the app/phone and switching to mobile data/WiFi, but still face the same issue.

Anyone else face anything similar?

That happens to me ever so often but it usually fixes itself within a few minutes.

Caught Vaporeon on my way home from work tonight. Fuck yeah!

Gengar just turned up in my house!

13820736_10154240676580993_746514804_n.png

Pikachu and Squirtle rocked up same spot. I accidntally clicked Squirtle, he ran. Pikachu was gone by the time that happened. I was distraught. Then 2 mins later my first Pikachu hatched from an egg!

Gengar just turned up in my house!

13820736_10154240676580993_746514804_n.png

Wow that's heaps awesome. What a find

A dragonite appeared on my street the other night (can post a picture from my mobile if I knew you could do it without uploading it to another site first. Anyways I couldn't find it. Yesterday woke up to my brother messaging me "omfgfmfg got him" and showed me a picture. Was only 43 cp (not that I think that's bad, I mean it's a fucking dragonite) but his friend found one that was 1823 cp (again can post picture). Wtf to find something that strong would be heaven.

I have a question. Why do some areas get better Pokemon than others. If you look a Pokemon map of Los Angeles, there are great Pokemon all over the place, same as New York. Here in Toronto and the surrounding area it's the same shit all the time, Weedle, Pidgey and Rattatta. Oh and I'm about to name Toronto Drowsyville. Fucking things are everywhere.

I have a question. Why do some areas get better Pokemon than others. If you look a Pokemon map of Los Angeles, there are great Pokemon all over the place, same as New York. Here in Toronto and the surrounding area it's the same shit all the time, Weedle, Pidgey and Rattatta. Oh and I'm about to name Toronto Drowsyville. Fucking things are everywhere.

I think it's to do with the amount of people playing the game nearby, just a guess but near my house I have a gym and I catch some good Pokemon there yet my friend who lives 10 mins away seems to get rattatas etc.

So there is this app out that shows you exactly where the Pokemon is and how long it is going to be there for. You click a bit on the map you want to scan and it will show you all the Pokemon around that area. Not sure exactly how it works because I've only tried it for Pokemon that appeared on my little box thing of nearest Pokemon in the actual app. So, I can't confirm that if you click on the other side of town you will see what's there, but I see no reason why it shouldn't. The app appears to take a few clicks/ scans until you see the Pokemon pop up so it's got some work but, it's definitely useful.

It seems almost cheating but until they fix the 3 step glitch, I'm going to keep using it. Got myself an Alakazam from it today (only 79 cp but who cares) and a tentacruel. So yeah guys I recommend it if you see a dragonite appear and don't know what direction to go because it says 3 steps all the time. It's called "pokeradar for go".

I was only 100 exp from hitting my next level last night, and I had no Pokemon to evolve, so I decided to use incense and just catch a few low level Pokemon from my bed. I didn't get anything. Has anyone else had incense not work like that?

I was only 100 exp from hitting my next level last night, and I had no Pokemon to evolve, so I decided to use incense and just catch a few low level Pokemon from my bed. I didn't get anything. Has anyone else had incense not work like that?

Incense is designed for you to be moving, if walking you can get a new pokemon every 2 mins but for staying still it's every 5-10 mins.

Had it once where I just had one in 30 mins.

Yeah, incenses are weird. You should get get one or two pokemon by standing stI'll but if you are moving, then yiu should get one every 3 to 5 minutes but they do not show up on the radar.

Huge rumour that a legendary will rock up at SDCC today.

I think it's to do with the amount of people playing the game nearby, just a guess but near my house I have a gym and I catch some good Pokemon there yet my friend who lives 10 mins away seems to get rattatas etc.

Can confirm. Pokemon quality is determined by the number of players nearby. Went out for fast food last night and there I caught Ponyta, Vulpix, Electabuzz, Seel and a shit load more. At home in the suburbs it's all rattatas all the time.

I think the number of players increases the spawn rate which in turn increases the chance of rarer Pokemon. IIRC I saw that about 2.5% of all the spawns in the world are ratatas

As I understand it Lures are effectively multiply the number of current players increasing spawn time

Screenshot_20160724_175758.png

Screenshot_20160724_122541.png

Screenshot_20160722_225639.png

A little sampling of the things I have found or have been working on over the last couple of days. The Slowbro is something I caught this morning whilst out walking. It's not very strong but I will try and level it up. I had a very good Slowpoke that I wanted to evolve instead but I reckon I'll just stick with this. The Golduck and the Starmie are two of my more powerful Pokemon now that I've evolved them. Quite happy with my work.

Next up, I only need one more Magnemite to evolve a really strong Magnemite into, what should be, a boss Magneton. Watch this space...

I saw SlowBro and Starmie in the nearby map but vanished. As was Kadabra and Magmar (again)

I had another HitmonLee hatch from a 10K egg, I think it might have something to do with my name.

So according to my pokedex I've caught 122 Drowzees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back